Start by marking “Here Comes Santa Cat” as Want to Read:
Here Comes Santa Cat

Here Comes Santa Cat (Here Comes Cat)

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  667 Ratings  ·  128 Reviews
Cat took on a bunny in Here Comes the Easter Cat, but now Christmas is coming, and Cat has a hunch he's not on Santa's "nice" list. Which means? No presents for Cat. So he tries to be good, but children, it seems, aren't wild for his brand of gift-giving. Still, Cat might surprise himself, and best of all, he may just get to meet the man in the red suit himself—and receive ...more
Published October 21st 2014 by Dial Books (first published October 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Here Comes Santa Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Here Comes Santa Cat

Elizabeth
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cat is firmly seated on the "naughty" list and it is December 24. Still he has time to learn to share and through hilarious trial and error learns how to be a better cat a la Santa. Wonderful!
Sherry
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: grandparents and parents of young kids, elementary school classroom teachers
Recommended to Sherry by: Deborah Underwood
I LOVE this book! “Here Comes Santa Cat” is one of the warmest, funniest holiday books ever! Deborah Underwood and Claudia Rueda have a gem of a picture book that appeals to all ages – from toddlers to grandparents! Cat’s facial expressions and body language are priceless and compliment the picture-perfect timing inherent in this charming and amusing story. The PERFECT GIFT to give any young child! You’ll love reading it aloud – whether you are a classroom teacher, parent, or grandparent! I own ...more
Kate
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lovely illustrations and a good seasonal book about a mischievous cat
Baby Bookworm
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: our-reviews

Happy Holidays Week, Day 5: Hello, everybody! Our book today is the adorable Here Comes Santa Cat, written by Deborah Underwood and illustrated by Claudia Rueda, a interactive story about an enterprising cat who is on a mission to make the “nice” list.

Why is Cat dressed up like Santa? So he can give himself a present of course! But doesn’t Cat know that Santa will give him his present? Oh, I se
Kifflie
Oct 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Something about this silly little book hit me just right.

Cat wants to be Santa so he can get presents. After a few false starts, eventually he learns what real giving is all about. I think the text meshes beautifully with Cat's actions, and his facial expressions are drawn just perfectly.

Really, really cute.
Leslie
Cat's naughty to nice ratio isn't very good this year so he decides he wants to be Santa. It's not as easy as it looks, so Cat decides to work on being nice. That has its challenges too, but Cat learns it's never too late to be nice. Darling illustrations that jump out from the white pages. I look forward to sharing this with my students.
Tina
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I swear my cat would be exactly like Cat in this series. Each page had me smiling and laughing. Easter Cat is slightly better in my mind, but I suspect that's because I loved the 'hatred' toward the bunny. Here we have Cat making sure to put purr-self first, and somehow managing to be loveable at the same time.

Cat, there will always be a can of wet food at my house for you :)
Kristy McRae
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous! I loved the first book (The Easter Cat), and this one was just as funny. Maybe funnier. I love the illustrations, and the voice of the narrator is so awesome. A great read-aloud, and a great holiday book.
Allie Pierskalla
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
I want this book! It reminds me a lot of The Story With No Pictures. The kids would laugh at every page. I will use this book around Christmas time and we could talk about what makes someone naughty or nice and how you could help santa.
Sheri
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this delightful series! Fantastic illustrations that make you feel like you are right there actually talking to Cat. Enjoy this unique Christmas book!
J
Dec 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
This super cute book is about a kitty who wants to try to be Santa. It's silly and sweet.
Michele Knott
Oct 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love Cat. A perfect amount of nice and naughty in him.
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Cute illustrations and simple story make for an enjoyable read about Cat trying to earn his place on Santa's nice list after being naughty all year.
It's never too late to be nice!
Lathoniel
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Super cute story about a cat that hasn't been as nice as could be and tries to make up for it.
Lindsay Fouts
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved seeing Cat again! Can't wait for the next installment of this clever series!
Jen
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Makes a fun book to interact with. Will engage children to like have a conversation.
Brindi Michele
this is my favorite "Cat" book. loved it! definitely would make a great skit around Christmastime
Becky
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First sentence: Hey, Santa! Have you seen Cat? Cat! I didn't even recognize you. Why are you dressed like Santa? So you can give yourself a present? Oh, Cat. Santa will bring you a present, won't he? No? Why not? Ah. I see your problem.

Premise/plot: Cat is worried that Santa will not bring him a present because he's been too naughty. It's Christmas Eve, and it's too late--isn't it--for him to start being nice enough to get on Santa's good list. Cat dresses up as Santa and attempts...well, he at
Meg McGregor
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: holiday-reads
This is my favorite of the series! It simply encompasses the true reason for the season!

The further adventures of Cat, who happens to be one of my favorite cats in literature!

Cat loves naps, eating, naps, talking in sign, naps, being a grumble-bumble, naps, trying out new things, and naps! Guess which he likes most?

Cat is worried that he hasn't been good and that Santa won't leave him a present! So he:

A. Decides to go Christmas Caroling but he really can't sing!
B. Decides to give little ones C
Pamela Hatch
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Here Comes Santa Cat / written by Deborah Underwood; pictures by Claudia Rueda --New York : Dial Books for Young Readers/Penguin Group, c2014. (90 pages) -- RANGE 3-- PICTURE BOOKS

SUMMARY: Cat wants off Santa's naughty list and makes several valiant attempts, but this "being nice" business is tricker than he thought. (Verso)

REVIEW: Another adventure of Cat, this time trying to be nice at the last minute so he can get a present from Santa. Very simple storyline showing that our decisions and beha
Monica
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love all of these books and Here Comes Santa Cat does not disappoint.

Cat is worried he wasn't good enough to receive any presents this year so he tries to be nice. He attempts to give gifts, and help decorate the tree to no avail but when the narrator gives him two cans of his favorite cat food, he does share.

When Santa comes he has a gift for Cat and Cat has his own unique gift for Santa.
Lara
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Cat. Something about his personality just makes me grin. The illustrations are sweet and simple, but still really clever. Cat and his signs are the pictures that say 1000 words.
I know these aren't really storytime friendly books (a little physically small for a group, at least at the size I usually deal with), but they would be a lot of fun as one-on-one reads.
Lyrical Librarian
Cat's back with his signs and funny expressions. This greedy yet lovable feline learns that it's never too late to be nice. Another good chuckle from Deborah Underwood. I wish the books were larger, so I could use them for story time!
Jo Oehrlein
May 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Cat dresses up as Santa to make sure they get a present (Cat feels sure they've been naughty too much to get one otherwise).

Narrator talks to Cat and asks them to try being nice, but the nice things don't work out.

Narrator gives Cat a present, and so does Santa.
Lindsay
May 29, 2018 rated it liked it
My daughter liked it. Cat is trying to be Santa because he hasn't been the nicest cat and is worried he wont get any presents.
Sara
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So cute and fun!
Kelly
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this series...love it.
Lea
Jul 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: a-z, children-s-books
Very cute book. Would make a fun read aloud.
Katie
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-reading
Best Christmas book ever.
Joyce Himmel
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cat learns what it is like to be Santa. Great story with lovely illustrations.
  • Little Santa
  • Santa Clauses: Short Poems from the North Pole
  • Santa Duck
  • Click, Clack, Ho! Ho! Ho!
  • Circle, Square, Moose