Start by marking “Giving the Baby Back: Finding Motherhood Through Infertility, Foster Care, and Adoption” as Want to Read:

"By going into foster parenting hoping to adopt, I probably became a foster parent for the wrong reasons. But I continue to foster because I have come to understand how valuable the experience is for everyone involved." "Giving the Baby Back" documents one young woman's single-minded pursuit of motherhood, and the relationships and opportunities that developed along the wa ...more
Published September 26th 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Giving the Baby Back, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Giving the Baby Back

Delia
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I could relate to the infertility and adoption portions and I found the foster care portions very interesting. The book was funny when it needed to be and very emotional when that was necessary. I so admire Daffodil and her family reading about how they took care of and loved these children (and birthmoms). The world could use many more people like them... and a better foster care system.
Matt
Nov 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: autobiography
An emotionally charged, nail-biter of a tale. Just when you think you've read all about parenting, along comes Daffodil to teach you a few new moves. This was a wonderful first effort by a woman of many talents.
Peace
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I follow the blog and am a former foster parent/current adoptive parent. I really liked Daffodil's take on the system and how attachment & letting go "work" for foster parents. Nice book, but it may break your heart a little.
Melita Charan
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I laughed and I cried through the whole book, it was wonderful!
Melinda Rubinstein