Start by marking “Into the Storm” as Want to Read:
Into the Storm

Into the Storm

She is a woman on the run. Pain, loneliness and terror are what she is leaving. Where she is headed doesn’t matter as long as it’s away from the hell her life has become.

Joshua Bennett is trapped in a prison of his own making by the memories of his past. Traumatized and isolated, he is a reclusive writer, living a quiet, lonely life, his only companion his dog, Bear. It i
Published November 23rd 2013 by Melanie Moreland (first published November 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Into the Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Into the Storm

Debra

★★★★ 4 stars!

"Home, my beautiful girl. I finally found my home."

What a wonderful story. I really enjoyed reading Into the Storm. From the moment I started reading it, it managed to grab my attention and I could not stop reading until I finished it. It had the perfect balance between romance and drama/suspense. Other than a short summary, I feel like I can't reveal too much about the storyline because there are quite a few twists and turns that you just have to find out by reading the story y
Mo
Nov 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I quite enjoyed this one.

We have Joshua, a man living alone, away from civilisation, gripped by fear after an incident that occurred in Toronto a few years previous. He is an author and is content to live on his isolated property with his trusty dog, Bear.

JOSHUA

Elizabeth is on the run, from what, she does not know. She crashes her car on his property, during a snowstorm. Luckily he finds her and takes her to his house.

Her tear filled eyes were wide with pain. For a few seconds our eyes locked an
*TANYA*
Oct 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Seriously??!! Rabbit!!! THATS what he chooses to call her....of all the asinine terms of endearment!!! Gag!! Lol. Story was cute though.
Alex ♈

I don’t rate my books only for good writing, likable characters etc., but also and above all for the moral of the story.

And this book has depth, morality and good message.

The most tender hero I read ever. The man was unique!

I can’t even describe how he cared for his woman. Definitely the case of THE epic love.

The book wasn’t perfect. Insta lust/love was a bit rushed at the beginning. I was mad when he “let her go” and I struggled with her character. She was a brave girl - and I don’t h
Jeannine Allison
description

I really enjoyed this one! If you know me, you know I'm kind of a sucker for damsel-in-distress heroines. I know, I know, it's the twenty-first century and all. But sorry, I love them just as much as women who take no shit and get in fist fights. And it's not about her being weak. It's about the hero getting all defensive and angry on her behalf. I really like a hero who wants to take care of his woman and I randomly love reading about his murderous thoughts when his woman is hurt. Is that weird
Erika
4 to 4.5 stars!

Another beautifully romantic book by Melanie Moreland! Though I didn't quite like Into the Storm as much as I liked Over the Fence, it still was a roaring success when it came to the romantic relationship. When I read romance, I want LOTS of love, affection, sexy times, relationship growth, etc. So far, in 2 out of 2 books for me, Moreland has provided that.

Again, like in Over the Fence, this book had a wonderful hero, Joshua, who was 100% devoted to the heroine, Lizzy (otherwise
Sharon
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Sharon by: Alex ♈
A dog named Bear. RIP me.

This book was just so sweet and touching. There were two characters who were at a bad place in their life – traumatized in different ways – and they both learned to help each through it. It could be sad, but I found this book to be more uplifting.

The plot got rather slow and uneventful at times, but it was nice seeing the characters love each other and grow and overcome their fears and really, just learn to find happiness in life. It got immensely heartwarming seeing tha
♡Tonya♡
This was such a fantastic book. Two people who's broken pieces fit together to make them whole.

~reclusive hero who suffered from agoraphobia after a traumatic assault years prior -he was so loving and devoted to the heroine
~a strong, sweet heroine who has suffered during an abusive relationship (view spoiler)
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book:  Into the Storm

Author: Melanie Moreland

Publication Date: November 23, 2013

Type: Stand-Alone

Genre: Romance, Suspense

Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars

ARC provided by the author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Synopsis
She is a woman on the run. Pain, loneliness and terror are what she is leaving. Where she is headed doesn't matter as long as it’s away from the hell her life has become.

CC
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was great! Boy I needed a good book after reading a really bad one!

I really liked both Lizzy and Joshua. Honestly, I thought that his mental issues would be a huge turn off and make him seem weak. But it ended up not bothering me a bit! Whew! He was a terrific hero. Even when he screwed up, he went right about fixing it.

Lizzy was awesome. She adapted and survived. Her ex was .... well there are no civil words for him. But I liked Lizzy and did not find her TSTL or annoying. Whew again!

But t
Jamie
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A fabulous 5 star debut by Melanie Moreland!

I really loved this story of two broken people coming together and following each other down the road of hope and healing. This story had the perfect blend of romance, steam, a little suspense..and tragedy. I had trouble putting this one down.. Rabbit and Joshua's story just had me hooked from the beginning.

The book starts out with a badly abused woman, Elizabeth James, escaping a truly horrible man. She's literally running for her life. She's cover
Cyndi
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one! This author is very talented- her book was well written, very detailed, nothing was left unresolved, and I didn't notice any discrepancies in the storyline. It's a nice long book that drags you in. I thought Rabbit (Lizzy) and Joshua were wonderful together! They both had some serious things to overcome and they were a great strength for each other. There is also a very full HEA. I would have loved even more, but I was totally satisfied with the ending!
Dilek VT
Something between 3 and 3,5...

This is the heart-breaking, and at the same time, heart-warming story of two wounded characters: Lizzy (Rabbit) & Joshua...

It was refreshing to have a male character that had a weakness as opposed to the common "rich, hot and confident" heroes.

Our hero is a man who was once attacked by a group of people and severely injured, thus suffering from agoraphobia now. He hasn't gone out of his property for the past 5 years. He lives with his giant dog, BEAR.

The heroi
Hanne
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 -- Rabbit -- stars

It has been two years since I’ve read this debut novel and I’ve been a fan of Melanie Moreland ever since. I loved this book just as much as the first time I read it. Her books are always one of my most anticipating releases of the year and I can’t wait for her next release. I’m sure her next book will be unique and amazing, just like her other books. I highly recommend all her books.

Joshua hasn’t left his property for 5 years after an horrible incident. On a snowy day, he fi
Katie
Nov 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
*4.5 UNFORGETTABLE STARS*

description

Melanie Moreland has done it again! I immediately one-clicked this book on Amazon after finishing Beneath the Scars and I am so glad that I did! The love stories Ms Moreland is able to weave together are unlike anything that I have ever read. I fell in love with all of the main characters in the books and both books left me with an intense book hangover! Okay, so on to the review for this book! LOVED it.

The sexual tension and love felt between Rabbit and Joshua was seri
Syndi
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book has all of that Miss Moreland romantic writing. I always find Miss Moreland writing soothing and romantic. Joshua is a loner. After a horrific incident that happens to him, he shuts himself in isolation. He is a best seller mystery writer. Until one day, a woman crashing into his life.

Elizabeth/ rabiit is a victim of domestic abuse. On a fateful stormy night, she runs away from her husband and crashing into Joshua property. The insta love is quick between these two. Into the Storm has
Aestas Book Blog
Aug 07, 2014 rated it really liked it

I came across this book quite randomly and since the premise grabbed my attention, I decided to give it a try and ended up reading it in one sitting and staying up late to finish it.

The story is about a woman who drives off in her car in the middle of a storm, fleeing a severely abusive relationship. But when her car spins out of control on a snowy road, she crashes in the driveway of Joshua Bennett, a famous but reclusive author with a dark past living alone in the woods with only his dog.

Thing
-C-
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I'm not going to go in to the story line because I think you should all have the pleasure of reading that all for yourself. I also was amazed at how much I loved the main characters.
When I was in the first 100 pages to read through, I was thinking about that, what else can happen. So much has already taken place.

As in most books the main characters struggle to be together. In this book was this beautiful and loving time together so much more. And I liked. It was easier to contact with characters
SB*needs low angst books*
Re-read

Joshua with his dog Bear are about to prepare for a winter storm. While outside to check on his generators, hears a car crash on his property. When he gets to the car he sees a woman unconscious and bleeding behind the wheel. When he brings her into the house to warm and check her injuries he sees she has been beat up and due to the head injury she doesn't remember why she was running or what her name is. Due to an experience in his past experience, he suffers from Agoraphobia and doesn't
~ Becs ~
Nov 06, 2013 marked it as to-read
I think this one looks really interesting and it's such a gorgeous cover. Due for release November 23rd.

photo intothestormfullwrap_zps32e4eb61.jpg
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and the Crazy)
Loved, loved the hero in this book I mean I loved Zachary and Richard but I fell in love with Joshua!! He's amazing and very protective of rabbit.
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
(ARC provided by author via SueBee)

(Recommended by SueBee)

photo 31fa4775-c00d-451f-afc6-9ebfb8cc23ab.jpg

photo 73fa56d1-4f70-4d3d-97f1-a3965c8b6a11.jpg

Joshua Bennett is a well known, successful author who has lived alone for the last five years. He experienced something tramatic, and then moved himself to a secluded house where he seperates himself from society, and never leaves his property. He has everything he needs delivered to him, and the few friends he has come to him. He also has a dog named Bear who keeps him company.

While Joshua is living his reclusive life, Elizabeth James
Rose
Jun 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: br-with-sharon
i know 3 stars usually means it was eh, but i actually loved this one!
it's more like 3.5~
♥Sharon♥
Jan 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 Stars....

photo image_zpsb982bf4c.jpg

Joshua and Rabbit (Lizzy) were great main characters. They were both sweet, compassionate and sexy!

Joshua was a man trapped within his fears. He suffered something in his past that has left him fearful of being away from his home and amongst the everyday world. For the last 5 years he has lived in his home with his beloved dog Bear, writing his books and staying as content as he possibly could existing in a very lonely life. Joshua's fears appeared too great for him to overcome.
Lucia
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 1-2-stars-read
My "Rabbit" and Joshua:

2.5 STARS

Joshua is troubled man living secluded life, hiding from people and society. Rabbit is lost and abused woman, fighting her amnesia. What starts as awkward encounter, develops into something strong and powerful. But what happens when they have to face real life? Will he follow or stay hidden?

Into The Storm has its ups and downs. There were couple of exciting moments as well as some boring ones. I really liked the premise of this story but for some reason I was neve
Libby Harrison

Cheating: technically yes
HEA: yes with babies!
Triggers: domestic abuse

Average score: 3.5/5

Best Line: “You have given me more in the short time I’ve known you than you realize. You have brought so much to my life. Look at what I overcame because of your love and support.”

Worst Line: “I’m attracted to you because you’re a woman. Nothing more
Laylaw
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 agoraphobic-rabbit-bear loving stars!

She is on the run, she has to get away, she has to make it as far as she can regardless of the weather and then one wrong turn, one slippery slope and she crashes.

He pulls her out and brings her in from the storm. He is beyond words at his anger for her being in her home and disrupting his life. She is covered in bruises and injuries and it they are not from the accident. But, when she wakes and he finds out that she has no memory of who she is or how she g
PJ
I started to read this and quickly realized that I already had, but for some reason I hadn't added it to Goodreads. My impressions are that I liked it and could easily have reread it. Also, that I loved that this pair are both running from or hiding from something painful, for one that's a physical pain and for the other it's an emotional pain. I really enjoy stories about two people trapped, either in a storm, an elevator, on an island...the couple is forced to bond under extreme circumstances ...more
✿kawehi.reviews
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Into the Storm was a lovely, lovely read!

description

Joshua Bennett is a reclusive writer who spends his life as a hermit, secluding himself away from society while keeping a dog for his only companion.

description

Elizabeth James, or “Rabbit” as Joshua calls her, is a beautiful, abused, and lost woman on the run battling with the enigma of amnesia.

description

On a very dark and stormy night… *fine that was a bit cliché!* when a very dangerous snow debacle takes place, the two are brought together and everything changes.

What
Deserie williams
Sep 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Contains Spoilers!!

4.25 stars!I like this more than I thought. At times it did drag for me a little bit. Oh Joshua he is a sweet, loving and beautiful man! I love him! Rabbit( lizzy) is such a amazing woman. With everything she endured she still remained a beautiful person! I cried, I laughed, I got angry, but most of all I was happy and felt their love for one another! As for Brian he is an evil pathetic excuse for a man .Even though I wished Rabbit would of did more to him and he should of suf
United By Romance: Into The Storm 1 3 Sep 22, 2018 01:40PM
  • Renewing Hope (In Your World, #2)
  • A Four Letter Word
  • All I Want - A Tryst with a Twist
  • Late Night with Andres
  • Exposure
  • The Little Drummer Boy
  • How to Discipline Your Vampire (DommeNation, #1)
  • Gay as Mardi Gras
  • Starlight (Starlight Trilogy, #1)
  • Ardor
  • Cure For Pain
  • Animate Me
  • Basic Needs
  • The Art of Appreciation
  • A Debt Repaid (Retaliations, #1)
  • Magic at Macy's
  • Sleepers, Awake
  • A Betty's Pledge: Volume One
New York Times/USA Today bestselling author Melanie Moreland, lives a happy and content life in a quiet area of Ontario with her beloved husband of twenty-seven-plus years and their rescue cat, Amber. Nothing means more to her than her friends and family, and she cherishes every moment spent with them.
While seriously addicted to coffee, and highly challenged with all things computer-related and t
“I hope I'm not a vegetarian..." her voice trailed off as she burst into laughter. I had to join in her merriment. Lifting up my glass, I toasted her. "Here's to hoping you're not an alcoholic either.” 11 likes