Start by marking “Salads To Go” as Want to Read:

7 Delicious Salad Recipes Made For On The Go Convenience

If you are like me, you probably have a busy lifestyle to keep up with which makes eating healthy pretty difficult. We all know that a good hearty salad is good for you. However, due to everyones busy demanding schedules, finding the time to prepare a good salad isn't always possible.

Yes, you can get salad
Published August 26th 2013 by Workout Series

Start your review of Salads To Go
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
I love salads. I love salad variety. I love bringing salads to work. I love eating salads at work. So I love the concept behind this book.

Seriously though, it's not long, it's more like a sample, but I have never heard of this layering technique and it's just awesome. I love the recipes too, as they're so varied and use common enough ingredients but the flavor would be great. Each layer recipe includes the ingredients for the dressing that accompanies it. Yum. As another reviewer mentioned, not
Tammy l Fernsler
Dec 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Healthy Eats

I enjoyed the recipes in here .
Enjoy and good eats
God Bless
Tammy
Gisela Hausmann
Jan 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: useful-nonfction
Healthy, practical, environmentally friendly (the mason jars can be cleaned in the dishwasher) ... what's not to like?

I really appreciated the idea of bypassing restaurants, which obviously have to treat their salads somehow to hinder that the salad wilts or goes bad. I also liked the author's layering concept, as well as the photos/graphics how the individual layers are prepared.

However, I am having issues with the fact that according to the author meat (e.g. pepperoni, cooked ham, chicken etc
Ronda  Tutt
Mar 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: cook-books
There are a few things that drew me to this book, one being that it was a free download and two, the book over caught my eye. Well I am pretty glad I downloaded this book. It is a short booklet with some good perpetration procedures regarding salads. I like the idea of storing the salads in a jar and the neat trick of using a paper tow at top to help gather the excess moisture. Also I actually learned something - the veggies you buy at fast food places are not fresh. They are sprayed with a ...more
Agnieszka
Not one of my favorites - I expected much more. Out of the seven recipes three are variations of those already introduced.
The genaral idea is very interesting (the only reason this book got more than one 1*) but it's not very well edited (some typos & the spacing between sentences is varying but appears to be mostly more than one space - not really grave but distracting for me) and one or two parts announced in the introduction didn't appear at all.
Steph
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been trying to adapt to a healthier lifestyle, and as a result I have stumbled across several different recipes for Mason jar salads. This book was a great find because it shows pictures of how the salads should properly be layered, which makes a huge difference (for instance, the dressing should always go on the bottom so the other ingredients don't get all soggy). I like how it's on my Kindle so I can just pull it up whenever I'm at the grocery store.
Marj Cinqualbres
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great lunch box ideas

What a neat way to have salads at lunch at work or school without paying more than they're worth. If you're worried about transporting glass bottles you can always put these in plastic ones or use those plastic zipper bags (the dressing would be mixed in on the way to work or school) and include a paper plate or bowl.
Ashley Rice
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Deirdre
Nov 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Interesting and helpful but short

Would love to have about 20-25 more recipes to try but a fun way to eat more greens for working people.
Chrissy
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It easy to understand instructions, creative use for mason jars
Shelley
May 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Dressing

This is a good cook book for some new dressing ideas. Easy to veganize all the salads by either omitting or substituting items.
Huong
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
useful tips for veggie lovers
Jamie
Mar 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Good

Good recipes but why am I forced to give a comment. Very annoying. Don’t appreciate this goodreads. Please remove this mandatory option
Rozi Horn
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Simple straight to the point

A very quick rate. With very good recipes on how to make salads to go. It is a must read and I must try for the recipes
Sharon
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Quick read

This book had some nice Homemade salad recipes and good ideas for vegetable combinations to compose salads. I think I will try most of them.
Sherri Brown berry
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Looking forward to trying new things I wouldn't have normally tried.
Octavia
Nov 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Good beginning book

Great start up book. Wish there were more recipes for salads. This is why I only gave it 3 stars.
Farkhanda
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am going to buy this book. I looks so perfect. I love salads. Thanks for this book. Thank you.
samantha watt
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Salads look really good and hearty will definitely be giving them a try when am at work easy instructions to make them as well
Mel
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it

Very helpful to keep salad fresh, good idea.
But what is with a towel over the glass? To keep it fresh for a couple of day's, I don't want to cut towels to pieces to put them in the glass, sure I understand that it will remove the moisture, but what's with the fabric if it is coming lose.
Shelly
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME IDEA! We've been making these for about a month now for my husband and daughter! They LOVE them! We bought 24 oz Styrofoam cups and lids because glass jars and high school don't mix! They fit in my daughters backpack water bottle holder just perfectly and she is eating a healthy delicious lunch that she helps prepare! GREAT tastes, easy ingredients and preparation, awesome idea!
~Gen hearts books.~
The book cover is appealing for people/salad lovers looking to prepare, eat or store fresh veggies in a different way.
I love a good salad. I could have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I like the combination of flavors from the fresh veggies, so delicious.. I like that the salads in this book are kept in Mason jars for added freshness and convenience, just make them, and shake them (dressing is at the bottom) when you are ready to eat them. Smart, easy, affordable, I love it.... I'm a
Kristen Cansler
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
As a Southern girl who loves salads, whenever I saw the cover of this cookbook I was sold. Mason jars and delicious looking salads? Count me in!

The step-by-step guide to building your mason jar salad is great! The helpful hints make all of the difference, and I cannot wait to put them to use. There is a lot of variety offered in this cookbook. And you can easily substitute these recipes to better fit your tastes. I'll be trying the Korean Sesame Salad very soon! I'm strange and prefer raw
Lorre Hopkins
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent homemade salad dressing recipes

The idea of layered salads in a jar is such a handy and clever idea for make ahead lunches. These recipes each have a different theme-such as Italian or Asian-and give you written instructions as well as visual instructions. The salad dressings are made with simple ingredients but all sound delicious. This book is worth it for the salad dressing recipes alone, but then you get the bonus of the different layered salad recipes. This is definitely a book
Lorinda Hayes
May 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
For those who want to try the Mason jar salad thing (which I love, btw), this is a great little guide book for Kindle that cost next to nothing, and includes several healthy combinations for those days when you just can't think straight as to what to put in that jar. The big plus are the fresh salad dressing recipes--per portion, not enough to feed an army--that are an alternative to the stuff in a bottle if you are seeking to eat clean. Yes, they do last five days. Honest. No wilt. Great taste.
Bookmom
Nov 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Instructions on how best to create your own fresh salads in a mason jar that will last for days. After the basic instructions the reader is provided with 7 salads, including homemade dressings which, I consider, to be the best thing next to the instructions.

This is one incredibly short “book” and if I hadn’t gotten it for free, I’m pretty sure I would have felt that I’d paid too much for it. But for free, yep, this is definitely worth getting your hands on, if nothing else the order of
Tim
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very short but I think that is good. You read the first section and it basically tells you everything you need to know in a short space. Then the rest of the pages are the author's favorite recipes (maybe combinations would be more accurate). Each one also tells how to mix up a home-made dressing as well. Good to keep in mind and reference in the future. I will be experimenting with this idea right away.
Hannah
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Not bad, actually quite helpful

I chose this because of the ratings and reviews I saw; as well as, I want to use cheap but healthy alternatives. I'm a busy full time college student so learning the basics of how to prepare easy meals that are good for you and inexpensive was a help. I never knew how to prevent the sogginess or that fast food chains spray the food with chemicals to preserve it.....
sue ann vanderpool
Feb 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a few years to late. I have retired.

This is a few years to late. I have retired.

Lunch away from home and it is better than a salad bar with out preserving chemicals. It also keeps the lettuce and vegetables from becoming limp and brown. I think I will use this when I have friends over for lunch.

Melody Johnson
May 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
YAY!Salad in a fun new way!

So I have been getting bored with my salad. But I have been short on time lately. I needed something to be efficient but not end up tossing a whole bag of salad away. With this mason jar method, I can now have no excuse for more veggies. Thank you for writing this book.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Grandma's Best Quick Breads: Grandma's Best Recipes
  • 25 Easy Thanksgiving Recipes: Delicious Thanksgiving Recipes Cookbook (Simple and Easy Thanksgiving Recipes)
  • Smoothie Recipes for Weight Loss : 30 Delicious Detox, Cleanse and Green Smoothie Diet Book
  • Cookie Indulgence:  150 Easy Cookie Recipes
  • Slow Cooker 101: Master the Slow Cooker with 101 Great Recipes
  • Five Ingredient Cookbook: Easy Recipes in 5 Ingredients or Less (Five Ingredient Cooking Series Book 1)
  • 40 Juicing Recipes For Weight Loss and Healthy Living
  • Keto Diet for Beginners: 30-Day Keto Meal Plan for Rapid Weight Loss. Ketogenic Meal Prep Cookbook Full of Easy to Follow Recipes! Lose up to 20 Pounds in 30 Days!
  • The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook
  • How to Be a Domestic Goddess: Baking and the Art of Comfort Cooking
  • 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse: Lose Up to 15 Pounds in 10 Days!
  • 100 Easy Recipes in Jars
  • La Dolce Vegan!: Vegan Livin' Made Easy
  • The Joy of Cooking
  • Cookie Recipes
  • Easy Slow Cooker Recipes for Busy Moms
  • Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone
  • Everyday Italian: 125 Simple and Delicious Recipes
“What most people don't know is that many fast food restaurants actually spray their salads with a substance made of propylene glycol to make their lettuce and other vegetables appear fresh, when they could actually be up to 3 days old!” 0 likes
“Lucky for you, I am about to reveal an ingenious way to prepare a tasty and healthy salad in a mason jar that can last for up to 7 days (without a chemical spray).   The secret is knowing how to layer the ingredients properly.” 0 likes