Start by marking “Traceless” as Want to Read:
Traceless

Traceless (Less Series #1)

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  516 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
She's in search of JUSTICE.
Emily Wallace has no doubt about who killed her best friend ten years ago: Clint Austin, her then boyfriend. The key witness in his trial, Emily put Clint behind bars with her tearful testimony. But when Emily learns that Clint has been released on parole, she returns to her Alabama hometown to confront him—and make sure he never forgets the dama
Published August 28th 2007 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published August 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Traceless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Traceless

Jane Stewart
Depressing story with unlikeable characters.

This was listed in a romance magazine as "romantic suspense" which I find erroneous. I would call it a murder mystery with some suspense. There was only a tiny amount of romance in this book. I don't care for murder mysteries, so my rating is low. Fans of murder mysteries might enjoy it. I did not. For about the first two-thirds of the book, I was angry and frustrated with the plot and characters. Too many people in a small town were cowards and would
Cassidy
I was sifting through reviews after I'd finished this book and one thing people fail to mention is what a poor ending it has. Sure the couple have their happy ever after, but they allow the lies and corruption that drove their town and their lives to destruction to continue. I admit they were stuck between a rock and a hard place, what with the incriminating tape the police had, but I have never read about heroes who just let that stop them.

Despite this, I did enjoy the suspense in this novel. H
Saadia
Jan 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actually, I liked the book better than I anticipated, this being my first time reading a Debra Webb story.

I thought it was very well written, in good English, with a tight pace, suspense and believable characters in a small town setting. Obviously the buried past rears its head and starts wreaking havoc as wrongfully convicted and returning townie Clint tries to rattle a few cages. Emily is the young woman who discovered the body of her best girlfriend in her own bedroom, with Clint beside it an
RomReader❤️Spoiler Giver❤️
Heroine, who found her BFF murdered with her high-school crush kneeling next to her, comes back to hometown 10 yrs after finding out that Hero is out on parole & is back in their hometown. Both realize that they're still very much attracted to each other even though both spent the last 10 yrs blaming each other for what happened. In the meantime, they are busy with trying to uncover secrets about the murder that townspeople appear to be hiding.

Webb's book was fast-paced & engaging. It wa
Frank
Apr 24, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A convicted murderer gets out on parole and returns to the small town the crime took place. His reasoning...He's innocent. Nobody in this town wants Clint (The murderer) to come back, but he has his own agenda...The truth!...It seems that everyone in this town is in on dirty little secrets that set the stage for an unorthodox investigation by a convicted murderer and the best friend of the murdered girl.

I enjoyed this book.
Celeste
Jun 03, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Traceless was a very quick entertaining read for me and my very first Debra Webb book. Which, is great, because I love finding new authors to read and enjoy!

The story really gets your emotions going right off the bat. I seriously wanted to scream at and/or hit someone for Clint from the very beginning! He and Emily's relationship seemed very sweet and I'd been anticipating their HEA all through the book. It did not disappoint! :)
Cherry-Ann
Nov 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absolute madness. Motto of this story, stay away from small towns regardless of how normal and amiable their occupants might appear. Clint Austins is accused and sentenced to serve time in one of Alabama's roughest prison for a crime apparently "everyone" knew he did not commit. On his release he is still victimised...his house is burnt down, he is refused service at the grocery store, people avoid him except the people who want him gone. The girl who was responsible for sending him away becomes ...more
Kris - My Novelesque Life
3.5 STARS

"She's in search of JUSTICE.
Emily Wallace has no doubt about who killed her best friend ten years ago: Clint Austin, her then boyfriend. The key witness in his trial, Emily put Clint behind bars with her tearful testimony. But when Emily learns that Clint has been released on parole, she returns to her Alabama hometown to confront him--and make sure he never forgets the damage he has done.

He is dead-set on revenge…
After serving ten years for a crime he didn't commit, Clint knows only th
❀ Crystal ✿ -
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2007-2008
The cops were all jaded and two-sided in this book bringing utter craziness. Clint spends ten years in prison for a crime he didn't commit. He then falls in love with the woman responsible for putting him there. The novel plays out well with many twists and hidden secrets just waiting to come to the forward. The entire town is hiding something and gives an eerie feel to the setting. Overall the book was crazy but would make one kick-ass movie.
Jan
I enjoyed this book. I really liked the character of Clint, the wrongly convicted man. But Emily took a bit more warming up to. Like most of Webb's female leads, she is a bit annoying at first. It is like, jeez, Emily it has been 10 years, let it go. But as the story went along I liked her more and felt that she was starting to grow a bit. But it was a good story overall. I can't resist the small town mystery where everyone has a secret.
Tracey Risebrow
Apr 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: removed
A romantic suspense with so much more going on than a simple murder. The hero really had a rough ride having spent 10 years in prison for a crime he didn’t commit, and this story focuses on him trying to get to the bottom of who did it. Really tense in places and kept me glued throughout. My only criticism would be that people still got away with things they shouldn’t have done, and I can’t say any more than that without giving the ending away! – 4.5 stars
Michelle
Mar 12, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I hated this. The writing was not great and the whole premise was ridiculous. Admittedly I did not read the blurb before starting it so that's my fault. But really if I truly though that someone had killed my BFF I don't think I could fantasize about him or have sex with him or even be in the same room. Yuck. story was just totally implausible.
Norma
Apr 09, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good book, but it was just so dark and sad. The author did not shy away from ugliness. I'm not entirely sure I bought the HEA since both the H and h were so damaged. Only other negative was there were so very many characters to keep track of.

Overall, I'd recommend this for a romantic SUSPENSE, not ROMANTIC suspense. I'll read more by this author for sure.
Stephanie
Feb 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first Debra Webb novel and a I loved it!! Read completely in one day and will read it again. I love the main characters romance.. Wasn't always both ways but it was there and very detailed. Looking forward to more!
LibraryLass
Jul 31, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008
Great book! Fast paced, good build up of sexual tension. Great chemistry between h & h. Good mystery. Am looking forward to the next one Nameless. Great leap from the mills & boon she usually writes.
Cody
Apr 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I LOVED this book... one of my ALL-TIME favorites. I was hurt when the library didn't carry any of her other books... :'( lol If you can find this book at a yard sale or something, DO NOT pass it up lol
Lhenry
Jan 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was very sweet. The 180 in Emily's feeings might seem abrupt but the author makes in plausible based on the incidents and events unfolding. Clint is another wounded hero type you want to give a hug to. I liked the depiction of the hypocrisy of the upstanding citizens of the town.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in the Less series by Debra Webb. Fast-paced and suspenseful with a good romance. It's hard to imagine how this couple could overcome the past but this is fiction and the author made it work for me.
Lori Verni-Fogarsi
I enjoyed this writer's style. It was a believable story with a lot of twists. I will read more from this author.
Sandy
Jun 26, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The blurb drew me to pick up this book. His justice in her romantic undoing was really sexy. Read if you want, but it is sort of slow. 2.5/5 stars.
Julie
Mar 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. Kind of a romance (hot sex) and mystery combined. Mindless reading for poolside or a plane for sure.
Cheryl Meares
Feb 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting from the start, I really enjoyed the characters of this book.
Eileen
Apr 25, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book took over 100 pages to really move. I almost put it down a few times. Once the story got moving along, it got good and finished it quickly.
Erica
Mar 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love a good mystery. Again, there are moments and language that bothers me...but I LOVED this book!!
Marianne
Dec 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put this down! This author really knows how to build the tension, and keep the reader reading on.
First time with this author and I liked her writing.
Jenny Hudson-hendron
Wasn't a bad read, a little slow but improved in time
Linda
Dec 29, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just about every character could have had a reason to commit the crimes. Was easy early on to figure out the culprit, but enjoyed the action and interactions between characters.
Sheri
Oct 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book and the second one absolutely blew me away! Fabulous!
Katrina
Aug 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was really good!!!! I can't wait to read the next one.
Kayla
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Was amazing need to find faceless if ypu have this book email me please
  • No Regrets (Delta Force, #1)
  • Missing
  • Sleeping With the Agent (Crossfire, #3)
  • No One Heard Her Scream (No One, #1)
  • I'll Be Watching You
  • Come Up and See Me Sometime (CIS Duo, #1)
  • The First Mistake (Cleo North #1)
  • Inside (Bulletproof, #1)
  • In the Dark (SEAL Team 12, #2)
  • Naked Truth (Dragon One #1)
  • Moving Target
  • Kiss of Death
  • Out of Sight (T-FLAC, #5)
  • Fragile (Rafferty, #1)
  • Outcast (Benedict Brothers, #1)
  • Threads of Faith
  • The Bane Affair (Smithson Group SG-5 #1)
  • Breakwater (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #5)
DEBRA WEBB is the USA Today bestselling author of more than 140 novels, including reader favorites the Shades of Death, the Faces of Evil and the Colby Agency series. She is the recipient of the prestigious Romantic Times Career Achievement Award for Romantic Suspense as well as numerous Reviewers Choice Awards. In 2012 Debra was honored as the first recipient of the esteemed L. A. Banks Warrior W ...more
More about Debra Webb...

Less Series (3 books)
  • Nameless (Less Series, #2)
  • Faceless (Less Series, #3)