Start by marking “Life in Half a Second: How to Achieve Success Before It's Too Late” as Want to Read:
Life in Half a Second: How to Achieve Success Before It's Too Late

Life in Half a Second: How to Achieve Success Before It's Too Late

Life is short, too short. In the grand scheme of the universe, you only have half a second to live - half a second to pursue your dreams, live fully, and succeed. You don't have a moment to lose. Truthful and hard hitting, Life in Half a Second is the first "fact-based" formula for achieving success in life and business. Proven through thousands of studies and decades of ...more
Published October 1st 2013 by Credibility Corporation Pty Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Life in Half a Second, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life in Half a Second

Start your review of Life in Half a Second: How to Achieve Success Before It's Too Late
Daniel Taylor
For entrepreneur and author Matthew Michaelewicz, the definition of success is simple: success is achieving goals.

More than many other writers on goal-setting, Michaelewicz deserves your ear. He’s a serial entrepreneur, having founded three successful companies. His last was the third fastest growing in Australia when he sold it in 2012 for tens of millions of dollars.

This awe-worthy experience means that the book is based on the exact goal-setting approach he used to achieve those successes.

He
Tucker
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Life in Half a Second is a book designed to inspire the audience to take advantage of the current day rather than waiting until tomorrow. Within the intro the author gives an interesting analogy comparing the average human's lifespan to the time since the earth was created. This analogy puts things into perspective for the reader by making them feel that their life is not as long as they previously thought. By helping the reader come to this realization, they are then inspired by the feeling ...more
Alain Burrese
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: success
I really enjoyed “Life In Half A Second” by Matthew Michalewicz. Maybe it is because we both think a lot a like, have both learned and been influenced by Arnold Schwarzenegger, or just because the book is full of a lot of practical solid advice, but I feel it is a both a motivational read and a practical how to achieve success formula. And it's not because Michalewicz shared a miraculous new discovery to help people achieve fortunes. In fact, he admits that every success book you read, every ...more
Paul Bard
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
The opening and closing chapters are a superbly argued case for urgently seeking the good life.

The middle five chapters are HOW to seek the good life.

"So what," you say. "I've already heard all about goals, desire, belief, knowledge, action." If you've heard about them but aren't doing them, you haven't really heard about them.

This book gives you ears to hear about them, because it provides logical structures by which to grasp these realities in each chapter. The logical structure of each
Amanda
OK, so I think this book has changed my life. Big statement I know, but it is the truth.

I have already made my purchase through Book Depository and it is on it's way. I will be rereading this book, and making my way throught he exercises in a conscientious manner.

I have read quite a few self development/business mindset books and I am so glad that I came across this book. Yet another book that caught my eye while I was at work. Shelving it as a request for pick up by a customer.

I believe that
Manny
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Michael struck a cord with me initially with his references to space and time and also to Arnie who I respect tremendously. As the book went on I found the science and clarity around the 5 steps simple but amazingly true and I would say this is a life changing book so far if there is such a thing. I have become much more focused on my goals and achieved more in 3 months than I have in 24 months prior. Its the book now that I go to over again as the one I really trust to get me back on track when ...more
Khoa
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. The author elegantly and simply explains success and how we can achieve. He does an amazing job of conveying his points in a simple way of something that usually is and often complex (or often described in a complex manner).

Matthew basically gives us a system to succeed on a silver platter. All in less than 200 pages. He not only labels WHAT, but he elaborates on HOW. Which is the amazing part.

Would highly recommend for anyone looking to succeed in any endeavor. Officially
Grace Mwaura
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am not an entrepreneur, neither do i read self-help books. But my friend convinced me to read this short book, which I have thoroughly enjoyed as a pace setter for 2017 and beyond.
Becky
There is nothing new here. Silly metaphors that would probably look good illustrated on a PowerPoint deck. An author who has achieved success and believes anyone can do the same, regardless of circumstance. A definition of success that, quite frankly, I’ve begun to find tedious and weak. That author expects to achieve a form of immortality through writing. This is not a book people will still be reading in the generations after he is gone.
Agrima Srivastava
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible
Matthew Michalewicz chooses a very interesting way of telling how our time on this planet earth is limited. If we consider the age of our universe a year long then relatively our life span would be of half a second. The book summarizes everything that a self-help book has to offer. What makes it different is the way the author puts it up. What is important here is how much from the book can we imbibe and incorporate in our daily life. Overall a quick nice read.
Stephanie
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: stephbe
4.5 stars. This is probably the best book on achieving success that I have read. It’s tangible, practical, science based and inspires you to take action.
Why 4.5, because to inspire you to take action he starts and ends the book explaining in huge detail just how insignificant your life is in the grand scheme of things. Whilst this may be true it left me feeling a bit unsettled! But maybe the average person needs this wake up call....
John Monyjok
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! I was listening to the audio version, and it was good. It was when I was traveling from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia to Lagos, Nigeria. It took me bout 10 hours to listen to the book (2 way), and I then wrote to the author afterwards. We then became good friends to date.

Read this if you want to be serious in life and in business.
Fred Mcbreen
Jul 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
Not a lot to this. A simple framework with a narrative of the author's personal experience and observations. It didn't float my boat or teach me anything new. It might be helpful for someone stuck in a rut
Vikki Herrett
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
if your not willing to do the work after reading this book , don't pick it up. in saying that this book is full of useful information that you can put into action in your life based on your values , wants and needs . its invaluable information if you work-on it .
Asnabia
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book
Although it doesn’t come up with anything new in the world of self help, the narration is very inspiring with personal experiences and good examples.
The main points:
Have clear goals
Find success paths from successful people
Use a goal map
Stay motivated
Remember that life is short

Yuri Karabatov
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
A bit too flowery sometimes, but the structure and premises are solid.
Fernando
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great summary about organizing your life and be more productive in every sense.
Aloisia
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: career
Great book with so many practical guidelines to achieve goals. Very honest, direct and applicable.
Joe
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I normally never read books like this but I found this one very good. Very actionable. I will read it again.
Mahesh Vadla
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The best book I ever read so far, highly recommend this to read
Sander
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
"My life turned out the way it did because I designed it that way." Something we should all aspire to!
Byron
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What a ride. Energy passion conviction melded with a simple message. You can achieve anything.. but don’t waste your time thinking... act.
Jody Chiem
Nov 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book may fall under the category of “self-help” but it is more than your typical self-help book. Matthew draws on his life experiences added with decades of research and seasoned with creativity, it will fully capture your attention from the first page and you will not want to put the book down until you finish reading it.

Reading Matthew’s perspective on life and business, it will give you a sense of urgency to go out there and do what you’ve always dreamed of; achieving personal and
Katie
Dec 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Life in Half a Second details how to create a life of success. Michalewicz doesn’t waste time talking about tricks and secrets, he outlines real practices that will help you to be successful. He shows that it takes work, but that there is still a formula to success. I think that this is a great book for people looking for real, solid ideas on what to do to improve themselves. Michalwicz details action items at the end of each chapter, giving people helpful advice on what to actually do to get ...more
Cliff Watt
Feb 09, 2017 rated it liked it
For me there is was nothing new in this book (which the author extensively acknowledged) and some of the advice is a bit dated (e.g. CBT based exercises now being showed in many ways to be counterproductive) but I would recommend the book to others who haven't read such texts before over many other well known books.

Oh, and he's got such a man crush on Arnold Schwarzenegger !
Kent White
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Over and over again I thought I had heard many of the ideas presented, but the way the author shared the concepts was so thoughtful and useful. A very well written book and the concept of goal setting is a novel one that surprised me in its elegance. One of the things that I've found difficult with goal setting is figuring out what I really want from my life. Again the author has a unique approach I haven't seen before. If you can't find those things that you feel called to birth into the world, ...more
Fred
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Unlike other 'self actualization' books on the market, most notably those written by various 'professional trainers' who have little in the way of actual experience in the very topics they teach, this author has earned the right to tell us how to achieve success. The opening paragraphs divulge his divination of the 'half a second' that our lives occupy and those very paragraphs hooked me right in.
What follows is a practical guide to get you moving RIGHT NOW towards your own personal success.
Michael Francis McDermott
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A concise, well-articulated guide. It's succinct, to-the-point, and can be read and digested quickly. The suggestions are practical and actionable. Anyone who is struggling to get started can read this book and immediately know what they need to do to get off the blocks. As has been articulated in many other reviews, the author is well qualified to offer advice considering the success he has achieved in his own life.

The only criticism I have is that I can see how someone might be overwhelmed by
Chase Better
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
It does well by giving you a solid action plan to achieve your goals. I disliked the part where a rich man described his employee as something like:

"He's a monkey! And if he stopped coming into work, I would find another monkey to replace him. I go on vacations in the Bahamas, he goes on vacation to some lame spot. I drive a BMW and travel to New York, he drives a Chevrolet and hangs out at the mall."

Michalewicz has some good points: you should have a plan of what you want, and if you're not
Glynn
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone that wants to read the final book Dust
Life in half a second is definitely up there as one of the best motivational books I've come across. I am going to reread this again as although the book does not propose any concepts not found in other self help books, and I have read many self help books, this is certainly amongst the very best for being concise. I really connected with the idea of rather than looking at how many days you've lived it looks at how many days you have left and that really changes your thought process and makes ...more

• The Talent Code: Unlocking the Secret of Skill in Sports, Art, Music, Math, and Just About Everything Else
  • Profit First: A Simple System To Transform Any Business From A Cash-Eating Monster To A Money-Making Machine
  • Black Feminism Reimagined: After Intersectionality
  • Lead from the Outside: How to Build Your Future and Make Real Change
  • Pleasure Activism: The Politics of Feeling Good
  • How I Raised Myself From Failure to Success in Selling
  • The Body Is Not an Apology: The Power of Radical Self-Love
  • When Deadly Force is Involved: A Look at the Legal Side of Stand Your Ground, Duty to Retreat, and Other Questions of Self-Defense
  • Easy Peasy Chinese: Mandarin Chinese for Beginners
  • Convince Them in 90 Seconds or Less: Make Instant Connections That Pay Off in Business and in Life
  • Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals, USCCA Edition
  • Ultimate Sales Machine
  • The 10 Pillars of Wealth: Mind-Sets of the World's Richest People
  • Open-Book Management: Coming Business Revolution, The
  • Smart Calling: Eliminate the Fear, Failure, and Rejection from Cold Calling
  • The Structure of Scientific Revolutions
  • Stop Acting Rich: ...and Start Living Like a Real Millionaire
  • Mastering the Rockefeller Habits: What You Must Do to Increase the Value of Your Growing Firm
Matthew is an international expert in entrepreneurship, innovation, and success psychology. He has established boards that include former heads of state, Nobel Peace Prize winners, and Fortune 500 CEOs, and has a track record of starting businesses from scratch and selling them for tens of millions of dollars.

From 2005 – 2012, Matthew was the co-founder and CEO of SolveIT Software, a supply chain
“Ignorance is the most expensive thing in the world. Knowing” 0 likes