Start by marking “Ripped (Real, #5)” as Want to Read:
Ripped (Real, #5)

Ripped

(Real #5)

The fifth book in the New York Times new adult series that began with Real. When an angry, heartbroken girl is forced to be near her rocker ex-boyfriend, only time will tell if the fire between them will consume them both.

Pandora, the gothic friend of Brooke (Real, Mine, Remy) and Melanie, thought that getting her heart broken by her bad boy rocker ex could only happen onc
Published December 9th 2014 by Gallery Books (first published September 18th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Ripped, please sign up.

Kristen
2–Should Have Been Better–Stars

I'll start by saying that I did like this book, the characters and the love story, but I can't give it a higher rating.

This story had so much potential to be great but the execution fell short big time. The storytelling itself felt disjointed, inconsistent, random, slightly hard to follow, and sprinkled with grammar errors and small plot holes. I liked this couple (especially their past), and as harsh as this may sound, I felt they deserved better than the erratic
Beverly
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LIVE

5 Gripping Stars

Let me just say I freaking loved this one! I expected to like this one, but I am completely blown away by how much I just loved it. So much so that now I have to go back and catch up on the books I have missed.

Ripped is the story of Pandora and Kenna. Pandora and Kenna went to school together and dated for two years when they were in high school. Now this isn’t your typical story about a couple who dated until one of them screwed up and it led to things ending. No this is st
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
1 Disappointing Star

I think I am in the minority on this one, but I'm gonna be bold and say I flat out did not like this book.

At all.

The tone felt disjointed and the characters seemed inconsistent.

Something random that was irksome to me on a totally personal level was the name of our rockstar "hero," MacKenna. I know a few MacKennas IRL...and they are all (every single one of them) little girls under the age of six.

Now, I realize this is completely petty; but it was a little hard to get into c
Amy | Foxy Blogs
LIVE- http://amzn.to/1wM5v2A

ROCK ON

Second chance romance between a hottie rocker and a goth girl have Ripped burning up my kindle. “Pandora, the day I walked away from you was the day I f*cking ripped my own heart out.”

Kennais the hot rocker that every woman is willing to drop her panties for. While Pandora is the girl who was left behind. Feeling dejected by the abrupt departure of Kenna from Pandora’s life leaves her confused and on a mission to destroy all things pertaining to Kenna. Bittern
Catarina
4 Ripped Stars.

Pandora and Kenna were in love once. But their lives were complicated so they decided to run away together. But in the night they would run together, he never show up.
Fast forward six years. Pandora never got over him neither did she trust another man again. Kenna is now a playboy rock-star.
With revenge in her mind she goes to one of his concerts and ends up going on tour with him by idea of their manager. (They’re doing a movie about them and they believe Pandora’s presence w
Pearl_Jam
Dec 08, 2013 rated it did not like it
Ugh!I'm so tired of reading a series about a certain couple and then half way through they change the main characters!
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 - 4.5 ★'s

This is the book I've been waiting for since we met Pandora. I've been dying to know what happened to her and we finally get to find out.

Okay, so first things first...the band name, Crack Bikini, is kind of weird but it sort of grew on me. I just wish that we got the reason for the name. And Mackenna's different wigs, body glitter and all the dancers...I just couldn't really wrap my mind around it.

But I loved, loved, loved Mackenna and Pandora's past and all the drama and angst wit
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“We’ve hurt each other too much. Our past runs too deep. We can’t suddenly just be . . . happy.”

I am so distressed over this book, I could cry. After reading and loving its prequel in the series, I was positive that this story would undoubtedly end up becoming another instant favourite of mine, especially since it centred around my so-called ‘golden trifecta’—a second chance at love story, a bad boy rock star, a sassy heroine—but nothing about the end product made me weak at the knees, and e
Jacqueline's Reads
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 4-star-books
4 Mackenna stars

I love this series. I know there are a lot of negative reviews towards the Real series. I get it, many thought it ended and why do spin-offs? Well, I love additional characters. I love reading not only new characters, but different ones.

Now, it’s the sexy rocker and his name is Mackenna.

Summary

6 Years ago Pandora and Mackenna had a crazy relationship. They took each other’s virginity and swore to runaway together.
Of course that didn’t happen.

And it’s years later and Pandora is st
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

ROCK STAR ROMANCE
description

Everybody knows that I'm a total sucker for Rockstars...

description

and this one was just PERFECT!!!!!

description

Kenna was sooooo hot and THANK YOU GOD OF ALL FICTIONAL ROCKSTARS - he looks NOTHING like the guy on the cover?!?!?!?! The covermodel looks like a weird vampire-wanna-be-rocker... Kenna is all tanned and has no strange facial hair and the tattoos are missing too. I always like it better when the people on the cover look at least somewhere close to the characters...like in Stepbrother Deare
Mariℓina
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4,5 Stars!
I had such a good time with this one and to be honest i wasn't so sure at the beginning. After Mine and Remy, my expectation weren't too high, but i'm glad to say Katy Evans did a great job in Ripped.

Kenna and Pandora share an amazing young love that of course ends in a gruesome, life-altering and heartbreaking way. Their break-up is anything but clean, it's mind-numbing and painful even after six whole years. But maybe now is the right time for a second chance finally.

Kenna became a b
Claire Robinson
3 - "I heard you the first time." Stars.

I am a big fan of Katy Evans, her books and the Real series in general. Like all good relationships we have had our ups in the books Real, Remy & Rogue, and our downs with Mine and now Ripped.

The writing in Ripped is still top notch, Katy has a style that can at times be quite fast paced, almost lyrical in its delivery that pulls you in and keeps you reading in an almost poetic way.

What I liked.

The writing mainly, and I enjoyed the snarky banter bet
Liz
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"To second chances, especially the chance to do it right."

4.5 Fantastic Stars

It all started with Remy and Brooke. Love blooming in the most unlikely place. What happens when love has bloomed and then been trampled on and left to die? Throughout the Real series we have read about the damaged goth friend Pandora. We have sympathized with her, been annoyed by her, and watched her envy her friends as they found their prince charming. Why is Pandora the woman that she is? Ripped is the story of wha
Kasumi Ren
May 03, 2014 rated it did not like it
After reading the blurb, all I thought about was...

"NOPE!"

Who calls their band CRACK BIKINI??? Is that a hole in your swimsuit? Their band name has no appeal whatsoever and I can't even imagine listening to their music in real life.

Next, this story should have been written as a different series not as a continued sequel of Remy. Remy's story is all about being a fighter then we get a hero who's a singer?! It's not even in the same league.

I was so excited to read more of Remy but hey, we get Cra
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Katy, totally hit it out of the park with Mackenna and Pandora! There is steam, there is emotion and there is BRILLIANT writing. I swear this woman NEVER disappoints me with her books. These characters STOLE my heart and I LOVED every second of reading this book!
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Ripped is a second chance romance about Brooke and Melanie's goth friend Pandora Stone. She's a tough, feisty, closed-off and mysterious chick. Her heart was once broken when Mackenna Jones, the lead singer of Crack Bikini. Their paths crossed again during his band's concert as Pandora and Melanie made a scene by throwing tomatoes at him. It's funny and quite immature. As a deal, Kenna and Pandora must reunite for a movie to increase the band's publicity.

This wasn't Pandora's original plan. She
Syndi
Oct 05, 2018 rated it liked it
This book reminds me of books by jessica clare. A lot of steamy build up to the main course but not enough story to support it.

Pandora is confusing. She portrays as sassy and fun girl. Then she suddenly becomes needy and annoying.

But mckenna.... he is a true rock and roll god. He is so.... sexy. Mckenna reminds me of lenny kravitz. A sex god. I wish there is more on his POV instead of Pandora's POV.

3 stars.
Kim Bailey
I loved, loved, loved! this book!

Katy Evans knows how to write some amazingly steamy, hot hate sex! Her charcters in this story were so nasty, so angry, so hateful ... I thought I was going to explode with enthusiasm for this book.
Great banter ... Sexy characters ... Unexpected events ... And underneath it all, some seriously heavy emotions. Plus I completely loved the ending!

I know I'll be reading this one again in the future.
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
WOW!! What a ride!! Ripped was an unexpected gem from one of my favorite authors ever and I loved it from beginning to end! Pandora is a feisty, strong, take-no-prisoners heroine who came charging out of the gate at a hundred miles an hour. From the opening scene of Ripped when she and her best friend are planning a pay-back to Mackenna, to the very end, Pandora grabbed my heart and didn’t let go.

Pandora has always felt crushed and alone after her first and only love broke her heart. And then we
Phrem (Smut Junkie)
Feb 02, 2014 marked it as to-read
GIVE ME THAT GUY FROM THE COVER!! *fans self*

Snow

it's 3,5 stars for me

damn!

First of all let me state the fact that I LOVE Katy Evans writting and I LOVE my man fighter Remington "Riptide" Tate aka Remy.
Yes, I am known for being crazy over that characters LOL
and I left aside Rogue and Ripped (books #4 and #5 in "Real" series) well, not on purpose, of course BUT after Remy i just didnt wanna jump into anything just because it's a part of the series...
although Remy and Brooke do appear in this book, so it was kinda of a nice meeting for all! :D

s
Bj
Dec 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
*I gave this audiobook a B for the story and an A- for Elizabeth Louise's narration and B for Sebastian York's narration at AudioGals*

Ripped is a New Adult, second chance romance. Sporting a great performance by two of my favorite New Adult narrators, this is a great title to enjoy in audiobook format. One note of caution though – if you choose to undertake this journey, please be prepared for an angst-filled, anger-masked kind of love. In many ways, this story reminded me of a Young Adult title
Mitch Castro
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rant-and-rave

You know it’s a good series when every book in it keeps topping the last book.

But you know it’s a great series when every book has its own remarkable story line – one that is not repetitive and not a rip off just to have an excuse to prolong the series.

Great series, this one.

I adore Remy.

I want a Grey in my life.

I worship Kenna.

So for the last book, what? I’d have my undying love for H?

Maybe.

5-I Now Heart A Rocker-Star for this Mackenna dick and Pandora bitch. They sure mesh together in a fucked
100sweet
May 12, 2013 rated it did not like it
DNF @ 48%.

This was not a good book. The h is a bitter, loudmouthed, shrew, who the reader can't empathize with. She gave the H her virginity when she was a teenager and spends the next 6-7 years hung up on him. It is so pathetic. She doesn't date or even sleep with guys. She becomes a real man-hater. When the H and h do meet again all they do is insult each other. Melanie comes off as ditzy and dimwitted as ever. From the description the H is not attractive and comes off ugly. Of course, during
Kristy & Kayla - My Person's Books
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: s-s
It's no secret I am a HUGE fan of this series. I love Katy Evans writing; her way of writing is brilliant. Each book we get to know more about the characters and she effortlessly makes us fall in love with these sexy alpha males. While still making you feel connected to each of the girls.

Katy smashed Pandora and Mackenna's story out of the park. It was filled with raw emotions, regret, betrayal, love, loss, steamy and sassy banter. I have been dying to get to know Pandora and this book did not d
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
“Good books don't give up all their secrets at once” – Stephen King. This quote holds true for Katy Evans latest installment in the Real series. Katy delivered another brilliant book, with a fresh out of the box story that moves away from the MMA fighting world and goes straight for the heart of rock and roll.

We first met Pandora, a friend of Brooke and Melanie in Real (Book #1). Pandora has always been dark, jaded and angry at the world. We finally learn about the broken girl with a perpetual s
Paige
Aug 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

This was a good (but not my favorite) continuation of the this series. I loved Real. That is still one of my favorite books. It was gritty and raw and devastating but also so lovely. I'm not sure if it's because the rest of the series wasn't about Remy but they just haven't quite measured up. I still like them but I wasn't as pulled into the story as I wish I would have been.

I thought the start was interesting and engaging and put a unique twist on the whole storyline but the more I re
Lover of Romance
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ripped is the fifth book in the Real series and I have been meaning to get to this book in like forever, ever since I first discovered this power packed series. Now I will say that this book is my least favorite of the series, not to say that I regret reading it because I don’t but the angst in this story was so NOT for me. I don’t mind some good angst in a romance, but the first half of the book it was so hateful at times and I had a hard time with it. So much that I became angry and yes hid in ...more
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Apr 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ripped (Real, #5) by Katy Evans
4 stars!!

“Promises. Lies. Loss. Hatred.”

It is no secret I am a huge Katy Evans fan and The Real series is up there with my all-time favourites. These characters have embedded themselves into my heart and head and any Katy Evans book is always eagerly anticipated and gratefully received. There is something about Katy Evans’s writing that resonates deep within my heart and soul. Every single character that she has created has wormed their way into my affections a
Kei • lovelypagesreviews •
This review is also posted on The Lovely Pages Reviews

4 ripped stars!

Ahhh I loved Pandora and I loved the asshole who broke her heart too! Plus we get more Greyson and Remy with this one ♥

Pandora - the goth friend - had always been sort of a mystery, she's the broken hearted girl that we knew nothing about and I can honestly say that apart from a few moments where I had to roll my eyes at the cliche, she really spoke to me.

“He was my first love and my first everything, including my first heartb

YA Buddy Readers'...: Real Series by Katy Evans - Restarting September 6th 2017 35 25 Sep 20, 2017 07:05AM
Ripped Muscle X Up Quickly Weight Without Steroids 1 10 Mar 21, 2015 12:51AM
Casting 1 23 Feb 24, 2015 09:07AM
Fifty Shades of R...: December 2014 ~ BOTM ~ Ripped by Katy Evans 8 66 Dec 13, 2014 08:47AM

• Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Love Unguarded (Love, #3)
  • Rock My Body (Black Falcon, #4)
  • Forever (The Finale to the This Series)
  • Rocked Out (Rocked, #2)
  • Flawed (Connections, #5)
  • Sweet Victory (Fighting for Love, #4)
  • Undying (Undeniable, #6)
  • Untitled (Breathe Again, #3)
  • White Trash Love Song (White Trash Trilogy, #3)
  • Wrecked by You (Waiting for You, #3)
  • If Only Once (The Martelli Brothers, #2)
  • Fighting to Stand (Disastrous, #2.5)
  • Accept Me (Wrecked, #3)
  • Untitled (The Dark Duet Spinoff)
  • Always Forever (Sometimes Never, #4)
  • Hidden in the Stars (Falling Stars, #2)

Katy Evans is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. Her debut REAL shot to the top of the bestselling lists in 2013 and since then 10 of her titles have been New York Times bestsellers. Her books have been translated into nearly a dozen languages across the world.

***Katy doesn't respond to messages on this site, but you can email her at katyevansauthor@gmail.com

Real (7 books)
  • Real (Real, #1)
  • Mine (Real, #2)
  • Remy (Real, #3)
  • Rogue (Real, #4)
  • Legend (Real, #6)
  • Racer (Real, #7)
“I'm a big believer in lists. You write your wants down on paper, and it's like putting them out there to the Universe: 'Bitch, you gotta make this happen for me.” 3 likes