Start by marking “Harmony (Ghost Hunters, #1; Ghost Hunters, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Harmony (Ghost Hunters, #1; Ghost Hunters, #0.5)

Harmony (Ghost Hunters 0.5-1)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  1,326 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Harmony is a planet in the far future, aglow with an amber light and the psychic energy of its inhabitants. It is here that Jayne Castle casts her spell-over the men and women brave enough to love in a world unlike any we have ever seen before. In this unforgettable volume are two very enchanting tales set on Harmony...

After Dark...The New York Times bestselling novel of r
Published July 2nd 2002 by Berkley (first published September 1st 2000)

Debbie
Jul 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
This book contained two Harmony stories "After Dark" & "Bridal Jitters". I read "After Dark" first and I really enjoyed the Sci-Fi/Romance mix.

When I read "Bridal Jitters", I liked it too, but I am seeing a definite pattern to this series. Take 1 university trained woman, 1 rough but handsome man, throw in an alien catacomb mystery and romance and ... voila' you have a book.

I liked them enough to give another book in the series a read and then I'll see if the pattern holds and begins to make
Jennifer Olsen wagner
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
According to the other reviews I'm in the minority. It could be frame of mind reading this, but I didn't really get into it, even though I usually love a good archeological read. This had an interesting premise on another planet, but just couldn't see it. The romance part...first encounter felt thrown in. Alot of books in the series, so like I said, other people liked it ;)
This world is interesting. I like the futuristicness of it ALOT>
Tarma
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Welcome to Harmony. Bridal Jitters is an introduction to the world, albeit without a prime ingredient which you meet in After Dark. I like this world ... it would be fun to live there.
David Johnston
Jan 29, 2018 rated it liked it
I thought that After Dark was one of the best Harmony stories, if only because the protagonists dialog had some witty edge. Bridal Jitters on the other hand...not so much
Tessa in Mid-Michigan
Feel like you need some easy reading time? Then join me on the fascinating future planet of Harmony, discovered through and between Jayne Ann Krentz’s different series and pen names! This famous and best-selling author has been writing since 1979, usually with a paranormal twist to her romances. Around the turn of the millennium she began a new series in a new setting—the distant planet, Harmony. Although she has used up to 7 different pen names, currently she only uses three. The Harmony novels ...more
Ladysatel
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
`Harmony contains two stories set in the future on the planet Harmpny:

Story 1 - After Dark
Lydia Smith a talented para-archaeologist, an ephemeral-energy para-resonator, also known as a tangler - one who can unlock or untangle illusion traps. Lost her job with the university following her 48 hours in an illusion trap underground, during an archaeological dig in the old city ruins of Cadence City. Since being let go from the university she has been working at Shrimpton's House of Ancient Horrors.
Evan
Apr 07, 2014 added it
This book was very good. I was very surprised at how exciting and fast paced the plot is. I was surprised because the book started off pretty slow, but towards the end it was very fun and enjoyable to read. For example, when harmony's friend figured out that she has special powers, harmony had to do everything she could so nobody else figured out. I enjoyed this book because of the very strong and different plot. I've never read another book similar to this one. Although I enjoyed this book, I m ...more
Ominouspotato
May 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
WELP, Goodreads deleted the review I did of the first half of this book.

After Dark (abbreviated review): annoying writing style (too many rez-, para-, psi-, etc.) and the romance was wholly unnecessary, but it's a very interesting world. A mystery was a good way to explore the world.

Bridal Jitters: again, the romance and characters made me roll my eyes. They were generic, a little boring, and cliche, and Sam was borderline sexually abusive, but whatever, they fall in love IMMEDIATELY, can't live
Scottsdale Public Library
Contains “After Dark” and “Bridal Jitters.”Jayne Castle specializes in novels about strong-willed females and the men who love them and this is an excellent example. Lydia is struggling to build a consulting business on the ruins of her former career and she isn’t about to give up her first client, even if he is an alpha male who isn’t telling the whole truth, including what he really hired her to do. Add in a murder or two and a pet dust bunny and you have a magnificent romp! Add in “Bridal Jit ...more
Narariel
Jun 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: want-to-own
Actually a 2-in-1 book (After Dark and the "Bridal Jitters" novella), I found both stories entertaining, though I prefer Bridal Jitters. The heroine of After Dark is a bit abrasive to me, though spirited is also a good word to describe her. I believe After Dark was the first Harmony novel, and there are a few minor inconsistencies with some of the others. Overall, the story is interesting and has the typical twists, powerful hero, & spunky heroine that a person expects from Jayne Castle. Bri ...more
May 30, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: scifi, romance
First, Lydia and Emmett solve a mystery and get together, and second, Sam and Virginia also solve a mystery and get together, but while already engaged. Totally fine books. The Harmony books all kind of annoy me, but that's because I completely love the three St. Helen's books, which are basically set in the exact same world, but better developed and more (haha) harmoniously plotted. All the UDEM and ephemeral-energy vs. dissonance-energy vs. psi-energy makes no sense to me, and I don't really c ...more
Imjstgr8
Apr 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a reread for me as I came across a Harmony book in the Arcane Society books and it dawned on me that here was yet another series that I started but didn't complete.. Anyway Bridal Jitters was great (as I read that one first) Nice preview of the type of writing that is distinctive to Jayne Castle (AKA Jayne Ann Krentz AKA Amanda Quick). After Dark was more of the same, with just deeper depth. I plowed through this book as I love the writing style and just the whole futuristic aspect of t ...more
Maggie Shanley
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved this book! I want more of both couples...I love stories where the men and women have to work together to overcome the bad guys. If your life is boring and you want to escape, then you should take a trip to Harmony.
Roswita
Mar 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
What's not to like? Alternate Earth (though she calls it Harmony), psychic abilities, cute little (predator) dust bunnies (I think she channels Month Python at times) Studly alphas, kick-ass heroines, steamy romance, all woven around an adventure. Jayne Castle (Jayne Ann Krentz) knows what she's doing and she does it very, very well.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I love this alternate world Ms. Castle created. It's dangerous and so beautiful. This is the first in this series and am totally hooked. "Dust bunny"? Really? Ms. Castle possesses a wonderful sense of humour and creates fantasy worlds I enjoy.
Ratforce
For another series that mixes futuristic details with some mystery and romance, try Jayne Castle's Ghost Hunters series. It is set on an alien world where human civilization has had to recreate itself when contact with Earth was cut off. Harmony contains the first two stories in the series.
Mem
May 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
After Dark bk 1 in Harmony series. Ghosts, dust bunnies, mob style characters, strong female working to regain her career and reputation, and strong male searching for a family member and heirloom. Danger surrounds Lydia and Emmett. Harmony #0 is also in this book, Bridal Jitters.
Marier
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I believe that Ms Krentz has stepped onto another plain and gotten herself into a good series. I am reading the series in order and enjoying it greatly.
Michelle
Apr 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Harmony ser
Dona
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Read as Bridal Jitters and After Dark
Tanya
Nov 29, 2009 rated it it was ok
This book was just okay for me. It was interesting but drag a little on others. i will check out other books by this author.
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
☕ Kimberly
Mar 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I love the world Castle has created on Harmony and would love my own dust bunny. This is a great read and I highly recommend it.
Karen
Jul 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This is a pretty good mix of paranormal and romance. I really like the dust bunnies, I would love to have one for my pet.
Barbara
Feb 17, 2011 marked it as to-read
Shelves: castle
Not available for Nook
February Four
Apr 27, 2014 rated it liked it
This is actually "After Dark" and "Bridal Jitters" in one book, and I didn't even realize it until I got it from the library. *headdesk*
Kay Reed
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ghost-hunters
Harmony and the ghost hunters are a favorite of mine
Debbie
Dec 17, 2008 added it
This includes "After Dark" and "Bridal Jitters". I already have After Dark, may sell it.
Becky Fiser
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love how she describes things, it makes the world they're in so clear and easy to picture.
  • Shield's Lady (Lost Colony, #3)
  • Reckless Passion

She earned a B.A. in History from the University of California at Sant
More about Jayne Castle...

Ghost Hunters (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • After Dark (Ghost Hunters, #1)
  • After Glow (Ghost Hunters, #2)
  • Ghost Hunter (Ghost Hunters, #3)
  • Silver Master (Ghost Hunters, #4)
  • Dark Light (Ghost Hunters, #5)
  • Obsidian Prey (Ghost Hunters, #6)
  • Midnight Crystal (Ghost Hunters, #7; Arcane Society #9; Dreamlight Trilogy #3)
  • Canyons of Night (Rainshadow, #0; Ghost Hunters, #8; Looking Glass Trilogy, #3; Arcane Society, #12)
  • The Lost Night (Rainshadow, #1; Ghost Hunters, #9)
  • Deception Cove (Rainshadow, #2; Ghost Hunters, #10)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • The Wedding Pearls
    $4.99 $2.00
  • For Every Solution, A Problem
  • Friction
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fountain Of Secrets (Relic Seekers, #2)
  • Through the Smoke