Start by marking “The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus, #3)

The Mark of Athena

(The Heroes of Olympus #3)

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  484,522 ratings  ·  18,163 reviews
Grca badge winner
ONE FATAL PROPHECY

SEVEN BRAVE DEMIGODS

A QUEST TO FIND - AND CLOSE - THE DOORS OF DEATH.

Annabeth felt as if someone had draped a cold washcloth across her neck. She heard that whispering laughter again, as if the presence had followed her from the ship.

She looked up at the Argo II. Its massive bronze hull glittered in the sunlight.Part of her wanted to kidnap Percy right no
Published October 3rd 2013 by Puffin Books (first published October 2nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Mark of Athena, please sign up.
Freds.Girl.16 Percabeth for sure. But I also like Frank because he is so sweet
Luke J. Schelvan They've all already been released. Hope you like them!!! I hope that Rick Riordan writes another book!!!!!…moreThey've all already been released. Hope you like them!!! I hope that Rick Riordan writes another book!!!!!(less)

·  484,522 ratings  ·  18,163 reviews

Start your review of The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus, #3)
Sasha Alsberg
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite book in this series so far!!
Ela
WHAT KIND OF AN ENDING WAS THAT, HUH? WHERE WAS THE HAPPY ENDING? Oh my God.... Percy and Annabeth.... why why why why why

******

I won't lie, this book was the book that I was the most excited about in this series. This was the book that all the seven demigods were finally going to meet each other for the first time, and start their quest. AND of course, the Percabeth reunion (whooooooooooooooooooooo)!!!!!!

Rick Riordan hasn't failed me yet. His characters are still what I love about his books the
Jayson
(A-) 82% | Very Good
Notes: Weaving plot from tangled threads of inadequacy, it’s an ode to adolescence: totally teeming with teen angst tension.
Tharindu Dissanayake
"Gah! Shirmpzilla!"

After getting through with pre-quest requirements, our seven demigods are all set to embark on the first stage of their big quest. Despite the predicament the gang find themselves in, it is nice to start along the main plot at last. As we had enough of land-trouble in the first two stories, it also feels good to embark on Argo II, at least for a while (although it is find a whole lot of non-land trouble).

"Hercules, Huh? That guy was like the Starbucks of Ancient Greece. Everyw
Sabrina
My Not-So-Final Final Review

Let's start this review in the most eloquently put way I can: I have no idea how to write this review.

When I finished this book a while ago, I would log onto Goodreads every single day and every single day, I would look at my pre-review and think, how can I write this review? What should I include, what should I put emphasis on? I would simply just stare at my laptop's screen until my mom called me down for dinner.

I wish I could write this review to the high calib
Brigid ✩
OH GOD OH MAN OH GOD OH MAN.

I just ... I can't even ... I can't.

Well ... Good job Rick Riordan. You have written another glorious book. Congrats. I salute you.

But ... YOU ARE ALSO A HUGE TROLL, AND YOU ARE STOMPING ALL OVER MY FUCKING HEART, AND THAT ENDING WAS SO SAD AND BEAUTIFUL, AND HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WAIT A YEAR FOR THE NEXT ONE. HOWWWWWW.

... But okay, okay. Let's start at the very beginning. (A very good place to staaaart.)

In his usual trollish fashion, Riordan left the previous book i
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
”Love and war always go together. They are the peaks of human emotion! Evil and good, beauty and ugliness.”

You know, Venus actually got that right and I’m pretty sure we’ll see a lot of both of them in the near future. This book started off way more serious than “The Son of Neptune” and it was really interesting to see the two groups merge. As expected there was quite some distrust on both sides, especially after the rather “bumpy” start, but our heroes eventually overcame their prejudices and s
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Delaying death is one of my favorite hobbies”

Gods, how I missed these books! Why did it take me so long to continue this series? Why did I let Rick Riordan down?

It was great to return to the world of the Greek and Roman gods and monsters. Entertaining and so incredibly hilarious! Oh man, I loved this so much. The Mark of Athena has a few tiny flaws, but that doesn't stop it from being an amazing read.

Find more of my books on Instagram
Zanib
Oct 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, childrens
Latest Edit:
Oh man, oh man oh man oh man! Confession: First thought that came to mind when the book was released: How will Percabeth react to each other? A kiss? Dramatic hug/cry scene? Honestly, I really want to see more going on in that area. Sadly, I'm not getting my copy until the next few weeks.... I'm in control.... I hope they kiss in front of everyone, you know... WHAT? I'm in control- gosh....
Photobucket
..............

Photobucket

Edited:
Ok, WOW? Is that the cover? And is that Jason and Percy... Fightin
♛ may
Full review posted:

Pain, my true and loyal friend, welcome back.

First off, Uncle Rick are you okay? Who hurt you that made you channel your feelings into the ending of this book??

This isn’t gonna be much of a review rather than just a spoilery screaming session, but don’t worry my peeps im gonna break out the spoiler tags, you’re safe.

Now, let me tell you kids, THE AMOUNT OF PERCABETH IN THIS BOOK WILL GIVE YOU LIFE. You know when your ship becomes canon and you basically just want the entire
Ahmed  Ejaz
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: full-lengths, 2017
Uncle Rick! Now you are going to torture me with cruel cliffhangers? Really? I didn't think you would do that after seven books!
Anyway, carry on! I still love you!

This book was AMAZING! The adventure was the most deadly one yet. And we got to see all the prophesied seven demi-gods on screen. I LOVED THAT!

OVERVIEW
Annabeth, Jason, Piper and Leo reach Camp Jupiter with their warship, Argo II, to tell the roman demi-gods that they have to forget their animosity and team up with them to
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms
Complete 5 Golden Stars!

"Seven half-bloods answered the call...

it's only the beginning...
(technically, it's the 3rd book, but you know what I mean!
p.s. if only you read the first two books of this series!)

okay, so... more like:
"Seven Half-bloods gathered together
sailing to the ancient lands
finding more troubles on their way
while left some behind at others' hands"

100%

what an Incredible book!
that's all I
Ahmad Sharabiani
The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3), Rick Riordan

The Mark of Athena is an American fantasy-adventure novel written by Rick Riordan, based on Greek and Roman mythology.

It was published on October 2, 2012, and is the third book in The Heroes of Olympus series, a spin-off of the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series. It is preceded by The Son of Neptune and followed by The House of Hades.

تاریخ نخستین خوانش: روز سیزدهم ماه سپتامبر سال 2014 میلادی

عنوان: نشان آتنا - کتاب سوم از مجموعه قهرم
andrea
Alright, so I'm upset. I think that's understandable.

That ending was traumatic. I feel for the fans who read this book when it actually came out because they were left on a terrible cliffhanger. I know what the people who told me to watch out for the ending mean now. I'd like this review to stay spoiler-free, so I'm not going to exactly go into the reasons why I'm a bit traumatized, but those of you who have read this book, you know. And yes, I did cry.

This book is the third installment in the "
The Burning Rose (Jess)
This is the worst way to end a book.
C.G. Drews

I don't really know how to explain my feelings here, peoples. HOW ABOUT LIKE THIS??
description

ARE WE STARTING TO PAINT A PICTURE HERE OF THE INCREDIBLE PAIN I'M IN RIGHT NOW? LIKE. NO. AND WHAT. AND PLEASE STAHP, RICK RIORDAN, YOU MALICIOUS LEAF.

**hyperventilates**

Okay, but really. Let's talk about this book.

This is my 8th Riordan read, and it is excellent. Probably the best so far. I was woefully bored in book 2: The Son of Neptune but completely in love with book 1: The Lost Hero. And The Mark
peachygirl
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2020
Holy forking shirt. How does this keep getting better???
Uncle Rick is my new hero!
Leah
Jun 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Those were my two reactions when my sister told me the book was about to come out. I can't wait for this book!!!!! (you probably already figured that out by the pictures. he he.) The cover on the book seems so... dramatic. It looks like Percy and Jason are about to fight. Guess I'll just have to wait. Wow, the more I think about it, it is really hard to wait. (sigh)

After awhile
One day guys only one day!!!

After finishing the book

woohoo! I finally finished the book! :)

Oh wait...the next book comes
Maeve
Oct 06, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
WHY, RICK RIORDAN?! Why would you do that to us?! I just waited a year for Son of Neptune and now you are making me wait AGAIN for Mark of Athena! All I can say now is: WHAT THE HECK?!
COME FASTER, 2012!

edit 10/23/11:

What the... well, only good thing is that it's September this time, instead of October. Oh well. See ya in a year!
Naofumi Iwatani (from The Rising of The Shield Hero) ☯ (ヅ) ꧁꧂✨ ╰(*´︶`*)╯♡   ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿
there are only two things, the first: the beginning was kinda slow, and the second: what the hell type of ending was that? That was such a huge cliffhanger, why Rick? Why? (view spoiler) ...more
Jessica
Oct 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, 2012, made-me-cry
FINALLY FINISHED October 5th:

*Dramatic sobbing from girl writing this review* WHY RICK?!!! WHY?!!! Why must you torture me with these gosh darn cliffhangers and these year long waits?!?!?! Do you just enjoy seeing your faithful readers suffer? Do you revel in our pain and anguish from chapters such as THAT PENULTIMATE CHAPTER!!! YOU KNOW THE ONE I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! How could you do this to us?!?!? And to the characters?!?!? Those two in the penultimate chapter, yeah them. That was a fate worse
theburqaavenger➹
Dear Uncle Rick,

(view spoiler)

“We're staying together," he promised. "You're not getting away from me. Never again.”

I hate you.

Love,
Areeba.["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>
nicklein
Nov 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pre-Reading: When I started Heroes of Olympus, this book hasn't been published yet. So, I think it's time for me to dive back into this world. Stoked!

Post-Reading Edit: (3Jun2016)

4 stars!

As per usual with Mr. Riordan, this book was freaking hilarious. Percy and Leo's antics made me clutch my sides and had me dying of laughter hundreds of times. One of my favourite Leo Moments was his encounter with Narcissus. But nothing beats his convo with Aphros. That one was pure gem.

“We have trained al
MOVED - CHECK BIO
-_- Chapter fifty-one, second half. Be warned.

In The Mark of Athena, Percy, Hazel and Frank meet up with four others from Camp Half-Blood: Jason, Piper, Leo, and Annabeth. This book's main conflict is pretty simple: Go to Rome, stay alive. Their goal is to make it to Rome, find Hazel's brother Nico, and find the Doors of Death.

This book takes place all over, but the main setting is on Leo's warship: The ArgoII. They visit Kansas, Atlanta, and some more places. ;)

I loved, LOVED, that Annabeth's
10/11/12
Just finished it. Shall post my review when I'm more coherent. But goodness, grab your copies now!

10/3/12

People, I know it's out and it has a cover. If you must know, I AM DYING TO GET MY HANDS ON A COPY. Gimmmmeeee!

---
I just finished the The Son of Neptune and I am so excited for this I might just keel over and die right now.

But where's the fun in that right? I will miss the release of the cover and I will never get to see the day of the Percy Jackson casts reunion.

So I'm wondering wh
ambsreads
“Wisdom’s daughter walks alone
The Mark of Athena burns through Rome
Twins snuff out the angel’s breath
Who holds the key to endless death
Giants’ bane stands gold and pale
Won through pain from a woven jail"

The Mark of Athena is the third book in the Heroes of Olympus series. The book starts off with Annabeth's perspective. She's feeling a cold presence on the ship as the Greeks sail into the Roman camp in order to reunite with Percy.

Unfortunately, since these characters will never catch a break,
Chloe
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THAT ENDING. Best in the series so far, can't wait to read the next one! ...more
Elesia
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-love-loved
Oh my god, this book was awesome!! My favourite of the series so far!! I love Leo and loved Percy and Annabeth in this book so much!! That ending was crazyyy, so going to read House of Hades asap!! Looooved!!
Claudia Ramírez
4.5, really. I don't know why, but I liked "The Son of Neptune" better (just a little bit). Anyways, this book was AWESOME. Percy and Annabeth have my heart <3. ...more
Sophia
Sep 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe it’s how this series is getting a little more serious or the craziness of this year (2020) but I just did not feel like reading this book!
Anyway, I really liked how different the beginning of the book felt to the end. There was a LOT of set up for the next book (I’m assuming) with the war between the Greek and Roman demigods.

Since I took a bit of a long break, I did end up forgetting some of the middle part. Specifically how funny I found Phorcys.
All I can say is, thank goodness for sta
Anyone reading the heroes of olympus series? 3 5 Jun 28, 2021 11:37PM
❀The Never-ending...: This topic has been closed to new comments. The Mark of Athena- Starting May 25th 59 30 Jun 12, 2021 01:31AM