Start by marking “Naughty Kitty!” as Want to Read:
Naughty Kitty!

Naughty Kitty!

NAUGHTY KITTY is the cute, cuddly, and funny follow-up title to Adam Stower's SILLY DOGGY!

When Lily is finally allowed to have her very own kitten, strange things are afoot. Lily's brand new, teeny-tiny Kitty shouldn't be any trouble at all, but as soon as Lily leaves Kitty alone, hilarious hijinks are always around the corner.

Kitty ruins the kitchen, Kitty ruins the den.
Published May 27th 2014 by Orchard Books (first published July 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Naughty Kitty!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naughty Kitty!

Lance
Jan 18, 2017 Lance rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cat-lovers
Recommended to Lance by: Baby Adam
Shelves: adam
"What do you think this place is, a zoo?"

This book was sweet and a bit of fun, but not particularly heart-warming considering it's a tale about a little girl and her new kitten. I found Lily quite insensitive towards her new kitten, who doesn't even get named throughout the entire story, and more concerned with what the cat could do for her rather than enjoying the adventures of an innocent baby animal. She seemed a bit of a negative American-kid stereotype, you know, the I-want-eveything-now ki
Meghan
Jan 25, 2017 Meghan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious! Love how the end papers tie the whole story together.
Peggy
Love it! By the author of Silly Dog comes another winner! A little girl wants a dog but gets a kitty, around the same time a tiger escapes from the zoo. She thinks the kitty is naughty, but really the tiger is lurking around and wreaking havoc. I can't wait to use it in storytime and hear all the little ones yell out, "No! It's the tiger! I see him!"
Maria Shuffit
Feb 16, 2017 Maria Shuffit rated it really liked it
Pretty much anything with a cat is a win in my book. I really enjoyed this charming storybook about a little girl who gets a pet cat who, it turns out, is VERY NAUGHTY. I loved the bewildered expressions on the cat's face. This is another storybook that employs words to tell one part of the story, while the illustrations tell the rest - it would be a great read-aloud for a children's story time where kids can look at the pictures to see the humorous story about what is actually happening while L ...more
Karen
Nov 28, 2016 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every darling little kitten comes complete with a full-grown tiger inside him or her. If you don't believe me, ask our darling little Molly Kitten.
Baby Adam
kitty adam was here

The kitty was very cute and innocent. A solid read for little ones like myself.

how to order all the boxes and prawns
Rebecca Gomez
Nov 05, 2016 Rebecca Gomez rated it really liked it
Very charming and silly.
Bonnie Ferrante
Mar 27, 2015 Bonnie Ferrante rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
On the inside cover of this book, we see as double-page spread of ads, mail, and newspaper clippings that inform us of a local pet shop and a striped wild animal’s escape from the zoo. On the title page, is a cat carrier with the tag reading “sold”.

The story begins with little Lily bringing home her tiny gray kitten from the pet store. She plays with it and feeds itl deciding “he wasn’t any trouble at all.” When she leaves the room, an escaped tiger enters and eats eight fish sticks, all the coo
Tasha
Apr 10, 2014 Tasha rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A follow up to Silly Doggy!, this book also features Lily and now a very large cat. From the end pages, readers will know that there is an animal loose from the zoo. Lily though is far too taken up with bringing her new kitten home. Her mother was sure that Kitty wouldn’t be any trouble at all. At first that was true, but when Lily left the kitten alone in the kitchen for just a moment, she returned to find it completely trashed. What Lily doesn’t know but the readers could see clearly was that ...more
Joella www.cinjoella.com
Lily wanted a dog, but her parents said they were too “messy” so she got a kitty. Lily has fun getting to know her kitty…at first. But then the kitty started being naughty. The kitty got into food, destroyed the living room, and leaving surprises around the house. However, readers know that there is something afoot. For the kitty isn’t the only kitty around and readers know just what is really happening at Lily’s house.

This is a delightful book. I wondered how Adam Stower could create a feline b
Maureen
Jul 20, 2014 Maureen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This adorable book is also hilarious! Poor kitty is blamed for being a bad kitty when the reality is that it is a tiger causing all the trouble. Somehow the little girl never sees the huge tiger sneaking around and causing all the trouble. Children will delight in seeing what the little girl does not. Thankfully the tiger helps the kitty get out of trouble in the end.

The illustrations make this book! As the kitty innocently goes about its day, the reader can see how the tiger is causing trouble
Libby
Aug 10, 2014 Libby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I do have ONE gripe about this book, which is that the tiger who appears and gets Lily's kitty in trouble shouldn't be quite such a surprise to Lily, since she adopted him at the end of Silly Doggy. Still, Lily's animal raising skills amused us just as much, if not more, in this new story as in the first, and this is one that I not only reread several times, but that my 6 and 4 year old quickly learned enough to reread by themselves. Cute, funny, and right on target to audience (they especially ...more
Maria
Mar 28, 2014 Maria rated it it was amazing

We loved this sweet book with the adorable faced kitty! Poor kitty can't do anything right in Lily's eyes. Her tiny kitty gets in quite a bit of trouble. It seems that every time Kitty turns around Lily is scolding it for something. However, it isn't Lily's kitty who is making the mischief but a huge tiger that has escaped from the zoo.

We love the illustrations of Lily and her kitty. AND...my reluctant 8 year old read this book without any help which makes it even better for this reading momma!
Becky
Feb 23, 2014 Becky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014reviews
I loved, loved, loved Naughty Kitty! Lily can't believe ALL the trouble her kitty has gotten into today. But readers know something that Lily doesn't. And that is more than half the fun in this oh-so-playful read along adventure. Hint: A tiger has escaped from the zoo! The real story, of course, is communicated through the illustrations! I loved seeing the tiger sneak around on each and every page. I loved how clueless Lily was. And Kitty, as you can imagine, is quite an adorable, innocent-looki ...more
Kelsey
Jun 01, 2014 Kelsey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Age: Preschool-1st grade
Animals: New cat

Mom decides to get Lily a pet that was less messy than a dog so she got her an adorable little kitty instead. Lily was skeptical, but soon Kitty grew on her. But the first time Lily turns her back after feeding Kitty, a tiger appears and eats everything in sight, then quickly hides when Lily comes back. Of course, Lily blames the monstrous mess on the innocent tiny Kitty, which will provide rolls of laughter from listeners.

A well executed case of mistaken
Nick
Sep 22, 2014 Nick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-book
A very cute book about how it's easy to blame the wrong person or pet for things going wrong.
Lily can't leave Kitty alone for even a minute without disaster happening. Even though it seems unlikely that a little tabby kitten could have destroyed the cake, eaten all the food in the refrigerator, or any of the other things for which she's blamed...who else could have done it? It's not like there's a Bengal tiger in the house. Or is there?
The ending is interesting, and leads to a lot of interesting
Barbara
When Lily brings a sweet kitty into her house, she must spend a great deal of time disciplining him since he makes such a mess when she leaves him alone. Not only does he completely wreck the kitchen and the living room, but he loves smelly messes on the rug. The illustrations, though, tell another story about who's really to blame. Lily ultimately decides that Kitty is a great companion especially after he protects her from an intruder. Young readers will surely smile and enjoy this humorous of ...more
Jenn Swanson
Aug 03, 2016 Jenn Swanson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A girl asks for a pet and her mother buys her a kitten. This kitten is blamed for messes all over the house even though she is innocent. Either the girl in this story is one of the most dense children ever or this is a tiger that I would want to play hide and seek with. My daughter enjoyed this book too. She kept screaming at the girl in the book saying the kitten didn't make that mess--the tiger did. Would recommend.
Diane
Jul 01, 2014 Diane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adorable illustrations. When Lily gets a new kitty, it seems like it's going to be no trouble. But then Lily leaves Kitty alone, and catastrophe strikes: Kitty eats Mom's cake among other things, Kitty makes a mess, tearing up pillows. But what the reader sees that Lily doesn't is that there is an escaped tiger sneaking into the house and causing all the problems. But when Kitty saves Lily from a "bad dog", all is forgiven. Cute
Carrie Guipe
Feb 02, 2016 Carrie Guipe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books
Two year old is obsessed with this book. The poo on the rug really sealed the deal. He got a couple of advanced vocab words from it, though. Catastrophe, and revolting. I thought it was four star upon first read. Illustrations are solid. Storyline, too. Five stars because it really got into the head of my two year old.
Leanne Feathers
Feb 21, 2015 Leanne Feathers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is quite funny! I loved reading this book in class. It is very relatable to children, because they get blamed for most things in their life. They will relate to the cat who gets blamed for things the tiger does. It also shows how much we do not go further into a child's story and do not always listen to them.
AbsentLibrarian
Lots of fun. The readers enjoy knowing what is going on when the characters don't. Many students make connections with being blamed for something a sibling did. The illustrations encouraged many shares of students own pets. Also good for predicting by using the newspaper article illustration at the front and back inside covers.
Katarina Miller
Feb 10, 2015 Katarina Miller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this book is a good lesson on how blaming somebody for what they did isn't always the right answer. Lily leaves Kitty around the house, and Kitty always seems to ruin something. Lily blames Kitty, but it really is a tiger. In the end, Lily thinks Kitty saves her from the dog, and Lily thinks Kitty is the hero.
Jacob Patterson
Jan 28, 2016 Jacob Patterson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a cute book that would be good to teach children that you should not be quick to blame just anyone for problems that arise around you. The book had brilliant illustrations that can catch anyone's eyes and have some relatable messes. The inside covers also have some creative newspaper headlines that give some interesting foreshadowing. Wonderful book.
Mary
The dramatic build in this book was better than I was expecting! Throughout the story, the audience all knows something that the main character does not, and that will surely lead to hilarity and reactions among children in either a 1-on-1 setting or in a group environment. Good for ECE level readers!
Colona Public Library
This book is a delightful and the illustrations make everything so sweet. This was a pleasure to read and look at. I recommend this book to parents that are looking for a fun read along with the author's counterpart book Silly Doggy BOTH of these books are available at the Colona Public Library. ~ Ashley
Amy Rae
The illustrations are sweet, and the story is cute and funny. Unfortunately, when it comes to picture books, I am a huge loser who can't deal with it when fictional cats are even the slightest bit malcontent. And in this one, Kitty gets blamed for things it didn't do and looks saddish when the house is ruined! It was too much for my wussy little heart to take.
Margie
Mar 16, 2013 Margie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The sweet, ignorance-is-bliss, Lily from Silly Doggy! is back and better than ever. Adam Stower manages to convey perfectly the comedy created when a reader reads one thing and sees another in the illustrations. Be prepared to laugh...a lot.

My full review:http://bit.ly/WQH1HA
Beth
Jun 05, 2015 Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Would a sweet, darling kitten really terrorize the house? But who else could it be? The illustrations tell an important part of the story, and my daughter loved that she could see what the narrator couldn’t: that all the trouble was actually caused by a tiger!
Ruth Ann
Sep 25, 2015 Ruth Ann rated it really liked it
Companion to Silly Doggy.

After I read Silly Doggy to 3 year old Andrew I mentioned there's another book about Kitty! Andrew said "where? Where is the book? Can we read it?" I sadly told him it's at the library. He asked if we could go to the library, NOW!, to get it.
  • Cats Are Cats
  • A Bed for Kitty
  • No, No, Kitten!
  • A Is for Musk Ox
  • Matilda's Cat
  • Is There a Dog in This Book?
  • The Crocodile Who Didn't like Water
  • Penguin in Peril
  • A Castle Full of Cats
  • Puddle Pug
  • Mister Bud Wears the Cone
Adam completed a BA in Illustration at Norwich and an MA in Narrative Illustration at Brighton where he now lives and works. Adam is now represented by Arena agency.

Adam has a passion for drawing and a great love of traditional illustration. He specialises in fiction for children, editorial, character development and product design.

from http://www.worldofadam.com/main.htm
More about Adam Stower...