Start by marking “Naughty Kitty!” as Want to Read:
Naughty Kitty!

Naughty Kitty!

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  219 ratings  ·  51 reviews
NAUGHTY KITTY is the cute, cuddly, and funny follow-up title to Adam Stower's SILLY DOGGY!

When Lily is finally allowed to have her very own kitten, strange things are afoot. Lily's brand new, teeny-tiny Kitty shouldn't be any trouble at all, but as soon as Lily leaves Kitty alone, hilarious hijinks are always around the corner.

Kitty ruins the kitchen, Kitty ruins the den.
Published May 27th 2014 by Orchard Books (first published July 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Naughty Kitty!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naughty Kitty!

Bonnie Ferrante
On the inside cover of this book, we see as double-page spread of ads, mail, and newspaper clippings that inform us of a local pet shop and a striped wild animal’s escape from the zoo. On the title page, is a cat carrier with the tag reading “sold”.

The story begins with little Lily bringing home her tiny gray kitten from the pet store. She plays with it and feeds itl deciding “he wasn’t any trouble at all.” When she leaves the room, an escaped tiger enters and eats eight fish sticks, all the coo
Peggy
Love it! By the author of Silly Dog comes another winner! A little girl wants a dog but gets a kitty, around the same time a tiger escapes from the zoo. She thinks the kitty is naughty, but really the tiger is lurking around and wreaking havoc. I can't wait to use it in storytime and hear all the little ones yell out, "No! It's the tiger! I see him!"
Maureen
This adorable book is also hilarious! Poor kitty is blamed for being a bad kitty when the reality is that it is a tiger causing all the trouble. Somehow the little girl never sees the huge tiger sneaking around and causing all the trouble. Children will delight in seeing what the little girl does not. Thankfully the tiger helps the kitty get out of trouble in the end.

The illustrations make this book! As the kitty innocently goes about its day, the reader can see how the tiger is causing trouble
Maria

We loved this sweet book with the adorable faced kitty! Poor kitty can't do anything right in Lily's eyes. Her tiny kitty gets in quite a bit of trouble. It seems that every time Kitty turns around Lily is scolding it for something. However, it isn't Lily's kitty who is making the mischief but a huge tiger that has escaped from the zoo.

We love the illustrations of Lily and her kitty. AND...my reluctant 8 year old read this book without any help which makes it even better for this reading momma!
Libby
I do have ONE gripe about this book, which is that the tiger who appears and gets Lily's kitty in trouble shouldn't be quite such a surprise to Lily, since she adopted him at the end of Silly Doggy. Still, Lily's animal raising skills amused us just as much, if not more, in this new story as in the first, and this is one that I not only reread several times, but that my 6 and 4 year old quickly learned enough to reread by themselves. Cute, funny, and right on target to audience (they especially ...more
Becky
I loved, loved, loved Naughty Kitty! Lily can't believe ALL the trouble her kitty has gotten into today. But readers know something that Lily doesn't. And that is more than half the fun in this oh-so-playful read along adventure. Hint: A tiger has escaped from the zoo! The real story, of course, is communicated through the illustrations! I loved seeing the tiger sneak around on each and every page. I loved how clueless Lily was. And Kitty, as you can imagine, is quite an adorable, innocent-looki ...more
Barbara
When Lily brings a sweet kitty into her house, she must spend a great deal of time disciplining him since he makes such a mess when she leaves him alone. Not only does he completely wreck the kitchen and the living room, but he loves smelly messes on the rug. The illustrations, though, tell another story about who's really to blame. Lily ultimately decides that Kitty is a great companion especially after he protects her from an intruder. Young readers will surely smile and enjoy this humorous of ...more
Kelsey
Age: Preschool-1st grade
Animals: New cat

Mom decides to get Lily a pet that was less messy than a dog so she got her an adorable little kitty instead. Lily was skeptical, but soon Kitty grew on her. But the first time Lily turns her back after feeding Kitty, a tiger appears and eats everything in sight, then quickly hides when Lily comes back. Of course, Lily blames the monstrous mess on the innocent tiny Kitty, which will provide rolls of laughter from listeners.

A well executed case of mistaken
Nick
A very cute book about how it's easy to blame the wrong person or pet for things going wrong.
Lily can't leave Kitty alone for even a minute without disaster happening. Even though it seems unlikely that a little tabby kitten could have destroyed the cake, eaten all the food in the refrigerator, or any of the other things for which she's blamed...who else could have done it? It's not like there's a Bengal tiger in the house. Or is there?
The ending is interesting, and leads to a lot of interesting
Joella www.cinjoella.com
Lily wanted a dog, but her parents said they were too “messy” so she got a kitty. Lily has fun getting to know her kitty…at first. But then the kitty started being naughty. The kitty got into food, destroyed the living room, and leaving surprises around the house. However, readers know that there is something afoot. For the kitty isn’t the only kitty around and readers know just what is really happening at Lily’s house.

This is a delightful book. I wondered how Adam Stower could create a feline b
Tasha
A follow up to Silly Doggy!, this book also features Lily and now a very large cat. From the end pages, readers will know that there is an animal loose from the zoo. Lily though is far too taken up with bringing her new kitten home. Her mother was sure that Kitty wouldn’t be any trouble at all. At first that was true, but when Lily left the kitten alone in the kitchen for just a moment, she returned to find it completely trashed. What Lily doesn’t know but the readers could see clearly was that ...more
Diane
Adorable illustrations. When Lily gets a new kitty, it seems like it's going to be no trouble. But then Lily leaves Kitty alone, and catastrophe strikes: Kitty eats Mom's cake among other things, Kitty makes a mess, tearing up pillows. But what the reader sees that Lily doesn't is that there is an escaped tiger sneaking into the house and causing all the problems. But when Kitty saves Lily from a "bad dog", all is forgiven. Cute
Amy Rae
The illustrations are sweet, and the story is cute and funny. Unfortunately, when it comes to picture books, I am a huge loser who can't deal with it when fictional cats are even the slightest bit malcontent. And in this one, Kitty gets blamed for things it didn't do and looks saddish when the house is ruined! It was too much for my wussy little heart to take.
Leanne Feathers
This book is quite funny! I loved reading this book in class. It is very relatable to children, because they get blamed for most things in their life. They will relate to the cat who gets blamed for things the tiger does. It also shows how much we do not go further into a child's story and do not always listen to them.
Colona Public Library
This book is a delightful and the illustrations make everything so sweet. This was a pleasure to read and look at. I recommend this book to parents that are looking for a fun read along with the author's counterpart book Silly Doggy BOTH of these books are available at the Colona Public Library. ~ Ashley
Katarina Miller
I think this book is a good lesson on how blaming somebody for what they did isn't always the right answer. Lily leaves Kitty around the house, and Kitty always seems to ruin something. Lily blames Kitty, but it really is a tiger. In the end, Lily thinks Kitty saves her from the dog, and Lily thinks Kitty is the hero.
Mary
The dramatic build in this book was better than I was expecting! Throughout the story, the audience all knows something that the main character does not, and that will surely lead to hilarity and reactions among children in either a 1-on-1 setting or in a group environment. Good for ECE level readers!
Naomi
This book really was nothing outstanding in its development, but there was something just adorable about this book. I loved the story, particularly of Kitty being blamed for Tiger's mess, but the illustrations (while not spectacular) were simple and gave the story a "POW" factor.
Beth
Would a sweet, darling kitten really terrorize the house? But who else could it be? The illustrations tell an important part of the story, and my daughter loved that she could see what the narrator couldn’t: that all the trouble was actually caused by a tiger!
Brenda Kahn
Oh what read-aloud fun this one is! Don't skip the end papers and be a bit leisurely about turning the pages as the watercolor and ink illustrations tell much of the story and young readers/ listeners will adore finding the clues before clueless Lily.
Cemeread
3.5 stars A humorous story of a little kitty being blamed for what the big kitty (Tiger) did and mistaken identity. Some how no one sees the tiger except the reader and a neighbor who think it is her long lost cat. Possible story time choice.
Karen Arendt
Cute story! Readers will enjoy the visual hints at what is causing all the trouble despite Lily never seeing it herself! Lily wants a dog, but mom says it's too much work, so she gets a kitten instead. Only, the kitten is so naughty- or is he?
Christine Turner
Summary: Lily learns that kitties can be almost as much trouble as dogs--but they can also be very comforting.
Subject:
Cats -- Pictorial works
Animal behavior -- Pictorial works.
Picture books for children
Melle
Nov 18, 2014 Melle rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: kids who get blamed for things
Poor kitty gets blamed for everything for which an escaped tiger is responsible. Zelda jumped up on the bed to listen to me read this aloud and was captivated. Minne hid under the bed.
Kendra
Lots of teaching opportunities here, but it's a cute, fun read without them. Great chance to talk about blame and feelings. Plus that kitty is just SO CUTE!
Deb
The illustrations really are fun and tell the story, too. Check all the details and the inside cover. Reminds me of. My cat, George.
Bambi Pea
Whenever Lily leaves Kitty alone for just one minute it is a big mess. What is the secret to kitty's bad behavior? Read and see!
Mary Wirt
The little girl wanted a dog. Instead she got a cat. He didn't seem like much trouble, then things start happening.

I found this book to be cute and amusing. I hope to try it in one of my storytimes soon and see how the kids interact with it.
Whitney
Loved the story and the illustrations! A little over the head for my little girl (2 1/2y), but she still enjoyed it.
Roben
A great choice for a read-aloud or story time for upper Pre-K. Kitty is adorable but oh-so naughty! Or is she?
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Matilda's Cat
  • The Crocodile Who Didn't like Water
  • How to Be a Cat
  • Dog vs. Cat
  • Is There a Dog in This Book?
  • The Nowhere Box
  • Dog Days of School
  • A Castle Full of Cats
  • Naked!
  • I See Kitty
Adam completed a BA in Illustration at Norwich and an MA in Narrative Illustration at Brighton where he now lives and works. Adam is now represented by Arena agency.

Adam has a passion for drawing and a great love of traditional illustration. He specialises in fiction for children, editorial, character development and product design.

from http://www.worldofadam.com/main.htm
More about Adam Stower...
Silly Doggy! Slam!: A Tale of Consequences Troll and the Oliver Two Left Feet The Diary Of A Monster Catcher