Start by marking “A Vampire's Christmas Carol” as Want to Read:
A Vampire's Christmas Carol

A Vampire's Christmas Carol

This holiday season has bite.

Ben Prescott hates Christmas—he’s a vampire, and to him, there’s certainly nothing jolly about the holiday season. While the humans are running around being merry, he’s hunting in the shadows. Ben plans to spend the holidays his way…by stalking deadly prey.

But fate has other plans for Ben.

Three visitors are coming Ben’s way…A demon who will fo
Published November 11th 2013 by Smashwords Edition (first published November 6th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Vampire's Christmas Carol, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Vampire's Christmas Carol

Start your review of A Vampire's Christmas Carol
2 Stars

I didn’t actually read A Christmas Carol until December of 2015 despite the fact that the movie has been a part of my Christmas tradition since my stepmother first entered my life as a pre-teen back in 1996. However when I did read it, it blew me away! See those 5 bloody stars? They were for a reason! So when I saw that there was a vampiric retelling of this story and it was FREE through Kindle Unlimited I quickly agreed to a buddy-read it with my fellow ALL-THINGS-VAMPIRE-LOVER, heather
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
Loved it.
Hero was obsessed with the heroine so was she.

Safety Note: (view spoiler)
Alp
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
A Vampire's Christmas Carol by Cynthia Eden is the perfect book for a self professed lover of paranormal romances that also loves Christmas books. My only complaint is that is was too short.

This book was such a sweet story, Yes, I said sweet! Ten years ago, Ben was so happy. He had fallen in love with the most wonderful woman, Simone, and planned to spend the rest of his life making her happy. But, fate had other plans. On Christmas Eve he was attacked in Central Park by a vampire but instead o
Heather *Undercover Goth Queen*
Buddy read with the fangtastic Karly!

Vampire Christmas! I downloaded this freebie because, obviously, that's how I celebrate this time of year. With free books... and blood. MUWAHAHAHA!!!

Ahem.

This was an all right story, but it didn't wow me or anything. I didn't particularly love or hate the characters. I've seen them before in other books, and they're not very exciting. I liked William and Jamison, but Ben and Simone were rather boring.

I didn't like that (view spoiler)
Kelli C
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a fab twist on A Christmas Carol! Shifters, Demons and Vampires done that Cynthia Eden way. I needed a something festive, but still out of the ordinary and BOOM, this author continues to deliver! This is an entertaining read kept in the "holiday spirit" that is fast and a bit of fun even the dire realm of the afterlife!
Dina
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
'Twas the night before Christmas. A demon, a shifter and an angel walk into a bar... to save a vampire's soul? It wasn't exactly like that, but you'll understand the joke if you read this book. ;)

Charles Dickens might have frowned upon Ms. Eden's retelling of his classic story, but I liked it! I'll take a sexy vampire over old, grouchy Scrooge any day, any way. Sorry, Mr. D.
Angela
I was really enjoying this re-telling of A Christmas Carol...until we met the heroine. It's not even that she was awful or irritated the hell out of me, but she was just so bland.

This is basically a reunited lovers story, and while I normally love those I do generally want to see why the characters love each other. The most I got out of this was that he felt like a better person with her and she saw his potential.

I don't know about you, but I've seen many relationships (and people) crash and bu
Claire Robinson
Nov 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas
I only recently discovered Cynthia Eden’s writing, and I cannot deny she is fast becoming one of my favorites’. Her stories are well written and unusual. Her characters are unique and engaging. And because of those skills you are left with a riveting and thoroughly enjoyable read!

We all know the story of A Christmas Carol, it is one of Charles Dickens most well known and loved tales. There have been many variations upon this theme over the years (my favorite being The Muppets interpretation, don
Keri
Dec 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nice twist on an old classic! Wish that ending could have been drawn out a bit, but nice all the same.
Heather
This is a sweet little take on the Charles Dickens Christmas Carol classic. Only this one bites. Vampires, angles, demons and shifters. It is going to be a scorching hot Christmas!

This tale centers around Ben. He is a vampire and he is becoming a monster. He kills. He justifies his kills by only killing those who he deems to be "bad". He kills those who murder and who rape.

But one night in an alley, everything changes. A demon comes in the form of the ghost of Christmas past.

He shows Ben what hi
Buddy read with Ange

It's that time of year when I'm reaching for the festive holiday reads again so how could I resist a paranormal retelling of A Christmas Carol? Obviously I couldn't and I'm really glad I picked up Cynthia Eden's novella A Vampire's Christmas Carol. This is a fairly short story at around 80 pages so it is very easy to read in one sitting and is a great little holiday read.

Ben's life was changed forever when he was attacked and turned into a vampire one Christmas, losi
Sandy S
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
A VAMPIRE’S CHRISTMAS CAROL is a twist on the Dicken’s classic with a little bit of The Gift of the Magi thrown in for good measure.

The storyline focuses on vampire Ben Prescott and the three visitors who are about to open his eyes to the possibility of a future with the woman he lost ten years before.

Like the original Dickens’s classic, our ‘hero’ is on a destructive path and no one is safe when Ben needs to feed. Ben is a vampire who justifies his kills attacking the criminal element and those
Theresa
Dec 16, 2016 rated it did not like it
Second chance M/F. The story felt contrived and illogical. The excuse for Ben being a bad vampire was stupid. I had no problem with his vigilante selection of criminal victims and then draining them dead dry. Yes, he made a few careless mistakes, but his heart and intentions were in the right place. His main problem was intense grief and rage that could have been prevented if Simone had not lied to him for 10 years.

No romance and relationship development.
Char ღ Denae
Unique take on Charles Dickens', A Christmas Carol. Ben, a lonely, angry vampire, is visited by three beings; a demon, an angel, and a shifter, in an attempt to save his soul. Original paranormal with touches of humor and romance.
Rebecca
Nov 10, 2013 rated it liked it
'Ben hunched his shoulders and pulled his coat closer. The cold didn't bother him. His body healed from nearly any injury, so when his fingers got too told, they just started to reheat a few moments later. He healed and he lived and he hated it.

(view spoiler)
~ Cariad ~
Dec 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 brightly shining stars

I don't do Vampires! Or Demons, or PNR in general for that matter!
So this must be good as I'd devoured it in 24 hours!!

A demon, a shifter and an angel walk into a bar... to save a vampire!
It can only be a Christmas Carol! We all know the Dickens tale. This is just a really well written rendition of it.

Cynthia Eden drew me in with beautiful lines like this...
angel speaks

DEMON

vampire

panther

ANGEL

description

"Bah, humbug!"? Not at all!...
xmas signature
Come see my full review!

Sizzling Pages Roma
Nov 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
read this review at Got Fiction? Blog

Cynthia Eden's knack for writing dark heroes who straddle the line of good guy/bad guy really shines through here.

It's Christmas Eve, and Ben is out hunting. he's a vampire with a vigilante streak. But he's no hero, in fact someone pulled some major strings to give him one last chance to change. If he kills this night, his soul will be lost.

Embarking on a Dickensonian journey of redemption, we see Ben from both before and after he was turned. And we see that
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)

ARC provided by author through NetGalley for an honest review.

Ben Prescott has been undead for the past ten years. Every since that fateful night when he was attached in the park and lost Simone Laurent, the only woman he'd ever loved. He has spent his time in the darkness dispatching those he feels don't deserve to live. Murderers, rapists, etc. On this Christmas Eve, three will come to him, a demon, an angel willing to make a big sacrifice and a shifter to show him his past, present and wh
Ami

The idea was pretty intriguing -- and I enjoyed it mostly. Ben was a vampire, on a brink of falling deeper into darkness of his soul, when he was visited by a demon, a ghost, and a shifter, in this re-telling of Dicken's "Christmas Carol". I enjoyed the twist related to the heroine's identity. I wasn't in love with Eden's penchant of using "baby" though *bah, humbung!*.

All in all, it was a fast-paced and easy read, while still instilling the sense of Christmas and theme of redemption.
D.R.
Dec 08, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a totally cute take on Dicken’s Christmas Carol.

Ben is tortured. And turning into a Scrooge. He lost the love of his life, Simone. And he blames himself. Only things aren’t always as they seem. And sometimes, Christmas is the perfect season for redemption.
angela
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent read, enjoyable.

This was a really good book. A different twist on the ghosts of Christmas, (a Christmas Carol). Author put this together perfectly, and it was great. The things we will do for true love, it's amazing. Good read.
Serenity
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book so much more than the original Christmas Carol. Not that I hate A Christmas Carol far from it I love it. My favorite version is the Flintstones's one in 1994. I love this more because I love all things macabre! I'm a proud Victorian Romantic goth <3 ...more
iamboredaf
Nov 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Quick read and it was sweet! I would give this 5 stars if it was a little bit longer. Yes, I want more. I hope the author has other vampire books for me to read.

Recommended.
Janey
Jun 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebie
Vampires do a Christmas carol...love, redemption, can a vampire be saved, well of course he can its Christmas!
Jessica Frances
Dec 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable Christmas read and a great take on a Christmas Carol given the paranormal twist. It was light and fluffy and I definitely recommend to paranormal fans!
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
Ben is on a path of destruction because as far as he is concerned his life is not worth much. Ten years ago, on Christmas eve, he lost all which was important to him, when a rogue vampire turned him. Since then Christmas was a reminder of the pain and loss and so, he detests the holiday. He spends his time hunting and killing criminals. Then one fateful Christmas eve while on the verge of killing someone a demon from his past visited him with the offer of redemption. Now he relives his past, see ...more
Sophia
Nov 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love the old classic Christmas story, A Christmas Carol, by Charles Dickens so it was exciting to see it given a fresh new telling by setting it in the paranormal romance genre. The author was very creative in sticking to the spirit of the story while offering up something new and sultry in the bargain.

Ben Prescott's life is nothing the way he imagined. It's Christmas Eve, but he hasn't celebrated in years since that last time didn't go so well for him and he figures there's no real hope anywa
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
"A Vampire's Christmas Carol" is by author Cynthia Eden.
My Rating: 4 Stars...

So we all know the Dicken's tale, "A Christmas Carol." Although there has been a variety of retellings regarding Scrooge and his life-changing journey over one night, I can say in all honesty that this is the first paranormal version of said story that I have read/seen. That said, I really liked it. Since the story is one we know, I don't need to go into too many details.

Ben Prescott is our "Scrooge." He is a bitter vam
Beth
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it

Ho, Ho, Ho a very hot, naughty vampire is about to get visited by the spirits of well...an angel, a demon and a shifter.

Ben Prescot is heading down the path toward hell. Using his vampire abilities to hand out his own form of justice, he is about to take that final step towards darkness.

But along the way the people (or supernaturals) that he has aided want to give him a helping push, punch and shove back onto the right path.

Eden brings us this paranormal twisted take on this well
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Paranormal Romanc...: A Vampire's Christmas Carol Discussion 14 35 Dec 30, 2014 09:10AM

• Vampire for Christmas
  • The Christmas He Loved Her (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #2)
  • The Billionaire Boys Club (Billionaire Romance Series Book 1)
  • Breaking Point (Troubleshooters, #9)
  • Desolation Road (Torpedo Ink, #4)
  • Beginnings and Ends (Troubleshooters, #16.1)
  • Hot Target (Troubleshooters, #8)
  • His Desire (HIS, #1)
  • Destiny and the Billionaire's Family (Faith, Love, Hope and Destiny Book 4)
  • Yearning of the Reluctant Bride (Three Brides of Haines Press, #1)
  • Walking Sam
  • A Reason to Run (Camdyn #1)
  • Love You Now (Love Hurts, #2)
  • Camp Legend (Greyson Gray #1)
  • Sydney (Entangle Me #1)
  • Soul Survivor (Spirit Shield Saga, #.5)
  • Unplanned (Kennedy Stern #1)
  • Guarding Sky
Award-winning author Cynthia Eden writes sexy tales of contemporary romance, romantic suspense, and paranormal romance. She is a New York Times, USA Today, Digital Book World, and IndieReader best-seller. Since she began writing full-time in 2005, Cynthia has written over one hundred novels and novellas.

Cynthia lives along the Alabama Gulf Coast. She loves romance novels, horror movies, and chocol

News & Interviews