Start by marking “The Fine Line” as Want to Read:

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  814 Ratings  ·  187 Reviews
Librarian's Note: This is an alternate-cover edition for ASIN B00H5WD314

Love...

Slam on the brakes?

Or put the pedal to the metal?

Liv Evans has her life mapped out. Work two part-time jobs, study hard during her senior year, and save enough money to get her own place.

There's no room in that plan for romance.

If her mother's serial relationship disasters have taught her any
ebook
Published December 6th 2013 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about The Fine Line, please sign up.
Alicia Kobishop The Fragile Line: Part One is a spin-off of The Fine Line. It's available now on Amazon for pre-order and will release on March 15th!
Alicia Kobishop Yes, Samantha! The book was written in English and later translated. The English and Italian versions are both available on Amazon.

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo KobishopThefinelineTitebySueBee_zpsd1db6aca.jpg
 photo yellowlinebysb_zps3e1d6db2.gif
 photo racing5bysb_zps0cf884db.gif
 photo lookbysb_zps95e2a09f.gif
★★★ 8/10! The Fine Line (stand-alone). A debut by Alicia Kobishop. Set against the back-drop of street racing two teens navigate the ups & downs of friendship with the fear & hopes of more!

My sincerest thanks to the lovely ladies on our BR; Wendy, Melissa, Patty, Elizabeth, Anesha, Rebecca and Lisa Jayne!

“Nobody had ever looked at me the way he was looking at me right now. It was as if he saw me…really saw who I was. The thought of that, although intriguing, was unsettling.”

The
Lisa Jayne
Jan 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 RACING STARS.

description

What a roller coaster ride, if you're looking for a story with plenty of up's and down's then look no further, this story has more drama than your average day time soap opera. I think I may have a bad case of romantic whip lash. Call me silly but this book was actually beyond addictive it certainly had it's fair share of eye roll worthy moments but I'm actually looking out for more from this debut author ... Here are the rest of my 'The fine line' book thoughts ...

What's it al
Downloaded for free from Amazon.co.uk

“I’m just not looking for more than friendship.”

This was an NA contemporary romance story, featuring a street racer.

Olivia was an okay character, and it was clear that she was wary of being hurt after her experiences with her mother’s past boyfriends. She did irritate me a little at times though when she kept pushing Logan away, even when it was obvious how much she cared for him.

The storyline in this was about Olivia and Logan meeting and having feeling
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

THE FINE LINE: I am so glad I said YES when the author approached me to review this, I admit the whiplash in this book was real!! It's like sitting at a tennis match watching the players as the ball goes from one competitor to the other, Liv has this exact same reaction on my neck, but it's what makes me an angst whore, I love books like this!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Logan gave me all those teenager butterflies that set him up to be the perfect book boyfriend, he is just perfect.

Liv oh god where to start with h
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book – The Fine Line
Author – Alicia Kobishop
Publication Date – December 6, 2013
Type – Stand Alone
Genre – Romance
Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Book provided by Author in exchange for an honest review.

Review
What is there not to love about Fast Cars, So Co, Nitrous tanks, Virgins, Drugs and Guns in a story?  I’ll tell you what I didn’t love in this story and that was Liv – annoying, thick headed little “B” word.  She didn’t deserve Logan – he poured his soul out to her.  He put Liv on a pedestal and wor
Sandra

*Copy received from the author in exchange for an honest review.*

The Fine Line is a NA (YA?) romance debut novel, and it was an OK read. Definitely nothing special that I loved, and will not recommend to my friends. It literally had all the things I read a hundred times before – someone the protagonist holds dear dying in a car accident, and as a result she “puts up the wall” to not feel the pain again. Then of course a hot dude with a 6 pack who is protective, raises cars, and is just so swoonw
(ARC Provided by Author via SueBee)
(BR with SueBee, MELISSA, Lisa Jayne, Wendy, Elizabeth, Anesha, Rebecca, and Deborah)

3.5 Stars

photo image_zpscc8cb916.jpg

The Fine Line is the story of Liv Evans, a 17 year old girl, who has major abandonment issues.
Her father left her and her mom, when she was a young girl.
Liv's mom had several boyfriends and they were all really nice guys that she built attachments to, only to have them either leave her mom for other women or unexpectedly pass away.
Liv is tired of getting emotionally a
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jan 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
(ARC provided by author via SueBee)
(BR with SueBee, Wendy, Patty, Elizabeth, Anesha, Lisa Jayne, Rebecca, and Deborah)
(3.5-4 Stars)

photo dd8b10df-6ca2-4216-b059-94b24c0f55a0.jpg

photo 493a1689-9a92-4ab0-b3e3-a32e1a295fdc.jpg

Olivia Evans is a senior in high school. When not in school she spends her time working at a local pharmacy, helping out at her family's pub, or hanging out with friends. One night she goes to listen to a band play with some friends, and she meets a new guy that is also friends with some of her guy friends.

photo ecf69171-7e1a-49f5-bb2d-0b0ba92a62e4.jpg

This guy is Logan Tanner. He races cars and owns an auto s
Natalie The Biblioholic
3.5 "I’ll be your flag girl, Logan" stars

I haven’t read a YA/NA romance book in such a long time that I wasn’t sure what to expect. What I found was a endearing and enchanting character in Logan. Dammit, I wish I was able to get his POV in this one. It’s not to say that I didn’t like Olivia because I liked her well enough. However, I LOVED Logan. He was a many-women man. He didn’t know the first thing about relationships. Yet when he met Olivia, all of his whoring and all of his previous ways
Tracy
This book had me hooked right from the prologue....
Would Olivia ever love anybody? Would she let somebody see who she really is?

I liked Olivia from the start, even though she was abit judgemental. She knew how to have fun and hide the emotional struggle she had. Sometimes I just wanted to shout at her to take a chance (well I was shouting at my Ipad lol), she couldnt see the obvious and I could, it left me on the edge off my seat. I could understand why she was so insecure, but maybe, just maybe
✿kawehi.reviews
Jan 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
CURRENTLY 99 cents on Amazon!!

description

The Fine Line was a brilliant read that was offered to me by the author for an honest review.

I have never come across a book which centers on an illegal car racer and a girl truly set against falling in love so this was new territory for me.

What worked for me: *A refreshing plot line that was different from others.
*Great characters. Especially Logan. Hehe. ;)
*The slow pacing of Olivia and Logan’s relationship developing from friends becoming more. YES!! No fast
Harriet ~ bookworm
3 STARS FOR LOGAN NONE FOR LIV!!!!

When I first started this book it was fun and gave me butterflies but then Liv started her silly nonsense. I understand people let her down in the past BUT to treat Logan the way she did made me so angry!

One minute she was kissing Logan and then the next she was telling him she couldn't be with him but was going on dates with other people.. If that isn't messing with someone's head then I don't know what it!

It went from a really fun, bubbly story to depressing
Elizabeth ☆❀Hot for Alphas❀☆
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Friends to Lovers, Virgin Heroine, Senior Year, Street Racing
3.75 Meant For Each Other Stars

BR with Sue, Wendy, Melissa, Patty, Lisa Jayne, Rebecca & Anesha
The Fine Line BR

This is a standalone with a HEA.

Liv Evans (17) has been disappointed by men too many times. 1st her dad walks out on Liv & her mom. Then over the years Liv became close with two of her mom's boyfriends. They became father figures/friends & she had the bond she desperately craved right up until they left too.

"Why does everyone I love have to leave?

Never again. I’m done. Thi
Alicia Kobishop
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
June 5th, 2016 - If you are looking for an angsty street racing romance with all the "feels", I'd love for you to give this one a try. :) It's a newly revised version of the book which has been fine-tuned, and enhanced with an additional five thousand words!
Kimberly
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved
Freaking A – I love it when I find a book I absolutely, 100% adore. As a blogger and book addict, I seek out the books that will wow me. The ones that will make me put everything aside and stay up as long as I have to to finish the book. The ones that will have me screaming from the rooftops that everyone should read this book. For this reason, I don’t give many 5 star reviews – there are a lot of books I really love, but there are only a few I find that give me all the warm and fuzzy feelings. ...more
Aman
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014

Reviewed @ Enticed by Books

Oh boy. Where do I ever begin? Starting with something positive, I loved the writing, for a debut author, it was very impressive and commendable. Even the storytelling was very very good, I didn't find any problem with the pacing, construction or overall execution. What I did find unsuitable for me was the story itself, more importantly the characters and their bizarre actions. One thing I can't stand (and by now you probably know this) is cheating, and this b
1-Click Addict Support Group
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Olivia (Liv) is a high school senior, but that does NOT make this book YA. There are some huge fireworks that you need to experience for yourself!

Olivia has known loss in her life, so when she says she will never fall in love or connect with a man, she truly means it. But what happens when you find your other half? A connection so deep, you fall no matter what you do to avoid the hole?

Logan is not the type of guy to settle down; he enjoys casual relationships, the kind with no strings. He is th
Anesha †Curious & Obsessive Bookworm†
(ARC provided by author via SueBee)
(BR with SueBee, Wendy, Patty, Elizabeth, Melissa, Lisa Jayne, and Rebecca)

3.5 stars~~ :D

I enjoyed this book alot. I can't say I liked everything about it, because there were some serious huffing, eye rolling and constant grumbling at times.

But from the racing - which put me in the mood for one of ma fav movie series, Fast & Furious <3 <3 - and the amazing Logan? I just found myself basking in it all.

The dedication of Logan was worth the read. I admi
Christine
This one is hard to rate since I really liked the concept of the story, but some parts of the story lacked some.
I loved that this story was not inst-love. Logan and Liv become friends, best friends. It was nice how the reader got to see this relationship grow through all the different stages of attraction, friendship, and love.
Some of the verbiage was wordy. There was a lot of unnecessary detail. I found myself skimming some of the inner dialogue.
I did not understand some of Liv’s actions which
Smitten's Book Blog

That strange little word-noise 'meh' pretty much sums up my feeling for this book. There were some parts of this book that I really enjoyed, but there were some parts that drove me completely mad.

3.5 STARS FOR LOGAN & OLIVIA

I have to just start by saying that Logan needs to get ahold of his emotions. Every time I began to warm up to him, the sap went and cried. I'm sorry but I totally can't get behind a hero that bawls his eyes out every time things get tough. I don't have to have a supreme
Chelsea (Starbucks & Books Obsession)
When Alicia emailed me and asked if I would be interested in reading The Fine Line I was immediately intrigued by the synopsis. I wasn’t sure if I had the time to take on another review book but I knew I needed to give this one a shot. I’m really glad I said yes. This was such a wonderfully written book and I was thoroughly impressed, especially since it was a debut novel. I had just come off of a couple really bad books when I started this one and I was instantly immersed. I spent an entire Sun ...more
***Cheryl***
Dec 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s

I really enjoyed this book. I love it when you find a great little gem of a book . The book had me hooked right from the beginning.

The story is about Liv who has been let down many times by the men in her life growing up therefore has vowed to never let another guy get close to her. However when she meet Logan she finds it difficult to stick to the promise she made to herself. Liv is determined that they will be just friends but Logan is also determined to show her that that they can b
Christine

I did not understand some of Liv’s actions which
☆ Aimetz
Feb 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Este es un libro donde más que nada se centra en darse la oportunidad de amar. Querer y dejarse querer. Entiendo el miedo que ella tenía. Con solo ese prólogo teníamos para saber porque su temor.
Pero...
Al principio creí que la protagonista --Liv-- iba a ser una patea traseros y debo confesar que hubo momentos en que SEÑOR JESÚS la quería matar creo que por eso no lo doy las cinco estrellas.
Aunque debo decir que el que robó mi corazón y toda mi atención fue Logan. Dios, fue tan casi perfecto.
Ha
Shannie's ⭐️Lookin' 4 My Next BBF⭐️
What a great debut new adult standalone novel by Alicia Kobishop! I really enjoyed the racing theme and how these two commitment phobia people made each other complete. There are some twists along the way like every novel and some were easy to guess but others I didn't see coming. Be ready to read in one sitting because you'll find this sexy read about first love hard to put down! I definitely would be Logan's flag girl anytime!!
Wendy'sThoughts
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.75 Hot Racing, Wonderful Logan Stars
Review to come
Alissa Evanson- A is for Alpha B is for Books
4.5 Stars

This is the perfect book for anyone who loves a new adult romance story. The Fine Line is fun and exciting story of learning to trust and love.

This book was amazing from start to finish. In the prologue we get a glance at Liv’s life growing up and it is kind of a heartbreaking start to the story.

The Fine Line follows Olivia (Liv) Evans as she is finishing her senior year in high school. She has learned from a very early age to put up walls and close herself (especially her heart) off
**ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review**

~~ 4.5 Stars ~~

I want to start by saying Thank You to Alicia Kobishop for asking me to read and review her Debut Novel The Fine Line. I will say for being a debut novel I was thoroughly impressed. I really liked this story. I was sucked in from the beginning and it kept hold of me until the very last page. She had many different elements in this story...which brought out many different emotions. Now normally that would be a five star r
Lesley
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
I received a complimentary e-copy of The Fine Line in exchange for an honest review.

Liv is a high school senior who is out hanging with her friends when she meets Logan, who is unlike anyone she's ever met before. Logan is 2 years older and quite the looker and has a hobby that is quite exhilirating. He street races!

Liv has learned that love is synonomous with saying goodbye. She watched her parent's marriage break up. Then she got close to 2 of her mom's boyfriends, one of which was killed in
Shane
Nov 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 16 & Over
Recommended to Shane by: Alicia Kobishop
Whew! I finished the book and immediately went into this review because it left such a huge impact on me. I truly enjoyed the story. Loved the realness, the adrenaline, and the longing throughout the chapters. There's something about gritty romances that aren't cute and perfect that just pulls me in and this one definitely pulled me in good. So much that I stopped what I was reading before and started it.

I'll start by saying The Fine Line was an emotional roller-coaster for me, and that's mainly
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorAlicia...
Instagram: http://instagram.com/aliciakobishop
Newsletter: https://www.subscribepage.com/aliciak...

Alicia Kobishop is a contemporary romance writer who lives in Milwaukee, WI, USA with her husband and two children.

Before trying her hand in writing, she worked her way up in the field of administrative healthcare with experiences ranging from working

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
  • The Boy I Hate
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Every Little Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Girls of Mischief Bay (Mischief Bay, #1)
  • Happy All the Time
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Devil's Cut (The Bourbon Kings, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Atheists Who Kneel and Pray
  • Hold On My Heart
    $4.49 $0.99
  • One Day
    $6.99 $2.99
“I am happy with you." It was only a half-lie. In truth, being with him made me happier than anything. But it was a bittersweet happiness because from this moment on, it would be overshadowed with the wait and wonder of when and how our relationship would dissolve.” 7 likes
“You are my first choice. You're my only choice.” 2 likes