Start by marking “Fighting To Stay” as Want to Read:
Fighting To Stay

Fighting To Stay

“Never stay, Lacey. Promise me. Promise right now, that whenever things go bad in life, you will run. Never, ever stay.”

Lacey Monroe was used to running. When things got bad, when things got dangerous, when there was a chance that she would get hurt – physically or emotionally – she did what her momma said. She ran. She kept running, until she landed in Salt Rock, Alabama
Published December 15th 2013 (first published December 14th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Fighting To Stay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fighting To Stay

Vishous
I feel like I already read this story. I swear they all started to be the same. In 2 days I have read 2 books that have the same pet name for her "sugar" and both books have kinda the same scene near the beginning. It just felt weird reading 2 books in a row like that. I mean, what are the f*cking odds !?!?!?! The second book is "Wild".

But no seriously, this book reminds me of one and I can't remember which one. Maybe the reason to that is that all the bikers ended up the same, which kills my fr
Kei • lovelypagesreviews •
Dec 08, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2013
What the hell...

description
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 STARS!

I love the story and I love the characters but the story just goes really really fast. But it's a short read and I basically sniffed this book and I'm done.

I feel for Lacey, her childhood, the loss and her mom's advice that she took to heart. And I would normally hate a runner, and Lacey is definitely a runner. And I get it at first. But when she went too far, that was just stupid.(view spoiler)
Alpha Possessive Heroes
I'm giving this 4 stars and that is mainly because of the FMF scene. whew! THAT was unexpected! I just wish it was longer.. lol.

“Never stay, Lacey.  Promise me.  Promise right now, that whenever things go bad in life, you will run.  Never, ever stay.”

It's your typical MC story! Sexy-bad-ass biker with a doormat-somewhat-stupid heroine.

Fighting To Stay was an interesting read. It has an interesting story line with the right amount of suspense, sexual tensions and lots of sex that kept me on t
✿kawehi.reviews
2.5-3 stars.

What's with the time skipping constantly?! After a while it got on my nerves!!

I mean, the story is okay but there was no substance in it. How could the two protagonists fall in love (or be believable to us readers) if we keep getting robbed of it?

So over all, a read that had potential but fluctuated for me from start to finish.

Dawn
Oct 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I had the priveledge of reading an ARC copy of this book and I cannot express enough how much I loved it. I want to write about every stinkin' detail because there were so many parts that amazed and surprised me. I loved Kasey's two Cowboy books, but this one was totally different and I really hated to put it down.

Young Lacey Monroe was told by her mother to always run when things get bad, so that's what she's been doing. That is until she felt like she really missed her best friend, Jenn, and
Beth
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 - 4 Sugar Stars

You know how you really like something, but it is missing that extra "umph". Like a cupcake without the sprinkles. The cupcake was good....it just needed a little something else. That's this book. Its good. I just needed a little something else to make it great.

Lacey has learned to run from her problems. She learned it from her mom who made her promise....made her swear she would run away when things got bad. So she does. She ends up running back to her childhood friend who is
Alisa
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars.

Oh boy. So the plot was good. I liked the story line, I liked the characters... it's all good.

But the pace. The pacing was way too fast. The author skipped some time frames by mentioning "six weeks later..." and all that to make it seem not so insta-lust/love, but it still read really fast. I didn't get to fall in love with the story or the characters before it was over.

There was no DETAIL in the book or into their lives. No emotional attachment was made. It was just sort of "Hey! Here
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
==>Re-read December 17, 2016
==>Read December 30, 2013
--------------------------
"Sometimes running isn’t the only option.  Sometimes fighting to stay is the right thing to do."
Fab Fun & Tantalizing Reads
Fighting to Stay was a sexy, and at times, emotional read told in dual POV. As someone that isn’t hugely into MC reads, this was a perfect combination for me. Lots of hot sex, lots of laugh out loud moments. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Meet Lacey. After a rough childhood, she learnt to become a runner. When things aren’t going good, she flees and starts over. After another relationship heads south, she back to Alabama. Her best friend Jenn is there and she’s in need of some fun and friendship.
When thi
MPW
Dec 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
This author was new to me but she won't be for long. I enjoyed reading this book and felt it was worth the time and money spent. Yes, it's yet another MC alpha male story but the focus is on the relationship between Lacey and Roam. This book would have been 5 stars if more depth had been added (I'm really picky about giving 5 stars) since these characters were interesting and I wanted to know much more.

Lacey had a difficult childhood and her mother has drummed into her that she needs to leave wh
Heather andrews
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Kasey's cowboys have nothing on Roam that man is pure SIN! "Wanna take a ride, sugar?" His voice thick, husky and laced with sexual tension that is radiating between us." Lacey, the girl is in deep, and well she's a jealous one, "well he didn't much look like he regretted effing her, like he did me," I snap." He's bossy, "got s*** to do now, sugar, but when I get back, you and me are gonna have a little chat." When a woman is in pain and she snaps at you Roam knows to suck her a**, "no, darlin', ...more
вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
After soa last week have to read this like, now! OMG ... need something like this right now.
Rebecca
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
**Arc provided by author in exchange for an honest review**

"It must be nice to always have someone. Someone you can rely on, someone who will catch you when you fall and support you when you soar. Someone who loves you unconditionally - not because they have to, but because they want to. I only hope I can find a love like that, one day."

Lacey Monroe's life hasn't been easy. Her parents volatile relationship and her father's controlling ways left her with deep scars; ones that she can't quite see
Krissy
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kasey-millstead
Kasey Millstead knows how to work wonders with Cowboys and damn did she do a great job with a sexy, alpha male biker named Roam.

I have been watching and reading all the teasers I could for this book and couldn't wait to get my hands on it and let me tell you that my waiting was certainly paid off.

I couldn't put this story down and so many times I wanted to skip forward because I was so impatient to find out what happened. There were ups and downs, oh my god moments, happiness and anger and momen
Sara Ferguson
Dec 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Have you ever been tagged on a giveaway? I have... Mostly by my other book worm friends who really just want the book for themselves so they tag me to enter. I was actually tagged for this book by 3 people so I decided to give it a try. Boy, am I happy I signed up to do this tour!!

Lacey is on the run, yet again. She has had another bad breakup and instead of going somewhere new she decides it's time to go home. She hasn't been back since she left at 18 but since her best friend, Jenn, has invite
Jackie
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ever since Lacey’s Mom killed her Dad than herself Lacey has been moving. If she got into a relationship that was not good or had even one challenge she would run again. Never staying in one place got to be tiring after a while and she decided to move closer to where she started and live with her best friend. As Lacey became settled in her new environment she meets her best friend’s boyfriend and his friends who just so happen to be part of the Mayhem Motorcycle Club. She gets her first glimpse ...more
Deborah
May 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Softer MC book.

I got this book as part of Born to Ride collection which is currently on sale at 77p for 6 full length MC books, I figured at that price why not since I love bikers and surprisingly all 6 books were new to me.
This is the first book in the collection and while I did enjoy it something was missing, it didn't have a lot of depth I must admit and I didn't really feel the relationship this I think was due in part to the passage of time, huge chunks are skipped over which is fine in som
Hopelessly Hooked on Books
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received this incredible book as an ARC in exchange for an honest review. Well, honestly, I fell in love with this book from the first chapter. Roam, oh Roam-swooning still over him. Lacey was handed a shitty hand while she was growing up from having an abusive father that verbally abused her and physically and verbally abused her mother in front of her. All Lacey knew was to run and run far away. But when she moves in with her best friend Jenn, she falling in love with Roam, even before she r ...more
Cathy
Dec 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
In all honesty, this was my first "Biker" book. It was not what I expected at all. I am so glad that I got over my whole "I don't like biker books" issue and read this book. The story was so sweet and the characters were so lovable. Lacey seems so meek and mild at the beginning and I loved her sucker fetish.

At first glance you thought Roam would be the typical A**hole and stick to what I thought a true "biker" would be. I was proven wrong many times in this book. After their first encounter whi
Stacey is Sassy
Dec 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a bad biker book

I found this book refreshing in that it wasn't all bad bikers killing and cheating on their woman. There was of course the biker hangers-on that all biker books have but once Roam is committed, he's really committed. Enough angst to keep the story interesting and lots of steam between the H/h.

Better than what I was expecting and another great story from this author.
Joy Whiteside
Dec 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading Fighting To Stay. From the moment that I picked this book up till the moment I put it down, I could not get enough.

It moved along at an amazing pace, had amazing characters and an amazing story.

Kasey Millstead has written an incredible story and I look forward to reading much more from this amazing author.
Christine
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
THIS WAS SOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!

Heartbreaking and kind of depressing but super cute!!!!

It came out today a and I was so excited Bout it I read it SUPPPER fast! So I'll have to read it again!

Super duper hot, crazy, a little insane, and definitely worth the read!
Dani26mx
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
Couldn't resist trying a new MC book. The 2 stars aren't because it was a bad book. I read it in one sitting. But it was just to fast paced, there were to many times that the story was fast forwarded, and it lacked... Something.
Cissie
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is, what a wonderful book. I love books about bikers but not many authors can do the justice, but this author most definitely can. It's my first book by Kasey, it WON'T be my last. I loved the characters so much and I love that they loved each other so much.
TeeLovesToRead*
so I'm a M/M fan through and through but lately I haven't found the book for me in this genre so I thought lemme go back to my roots and here i am with this gem!

loved the biker theme and overall good book!
Chrisabel
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, alpha-male, kindle
I really loved this book and this was my first read from this author and I really liked the way the story flows. Looking forward to reading more from this author. I read this on in a 5hr sitting...
Louise
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It's been a while since I've read a book in one sitting. I absolutely loved this book. It has it all, emotional, Roam, MC fiction, Roam, extremely hot and erm Roam. Did I mention I love Roam?
book junkie
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book ! I loved Roman and Lacey's chemistry.
Sali
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
i love itttt!!!!! i really love the epilogue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Satin and Steel (Riding the Line, #2)
  • Ride To Temptation (The Rough Riders, #1)
  • Losing Control (Heaven Hill, #3)
  • The Sweet Under His Skin
  • Arrow of Time (Marauders, #1)
  • Underworld Champions (MC Outlaw, #1)
  • Misappropriate (Death Dwellers MC, #1.5)
  • Nomad Kind of Love (Prairie Devils MC #2)
  • Soothing His Madness (Bantorus MC, #3)
  • Disciple
  • Murphy (The Skulls, #2)
  • Angels in Leather (Rebels on Bikes, #1)
  • Damaged and the Outlaw (Damaged, #4)
  • Troubled Son (Savage Sons Motorcycle Club, #1)
  • The Way Home (Lights of Peril, #2)
  • Thrash (Bayonet Scars, #2)
  • Redemption (Defiance #2)
  • Logan's Reaper (Soul Reapers #1)
Kasey Millstead is a wife and mother of four children. She lives in a picturesque location in country New South Wales, Australia.

Kasey is the author of the #1 bestselling Down Under Cowboy series. She is also the author of The Steele Investigations series, Fighting to Stay and Illicit Desire.

When she is not busy writing, racing around after her children and husband or trying to avoid doing housew
“I miss him.  I miss him so bad it hurts.  My chest aches when I think of him.  But I can’t let myself be that girl – the girl that just forgives someone for betraying her, just because she loves him.” 3 likes
“Is there a word for being emptier than empty?  That’s what I am.” 2 likes