Start by marking “Gabriella and the Curse of the Black Spot (NuGen, #2)” as Want to Read:
Gabriella and the Curse of the Black Spot (NuGen, #2)

Gabriella and the Curse of the Black Spot

(NuGen #2)

How can unmodified Gabriella compete with genetically designed super athletes? Could it have something to do with her father’s disappearance? And why are people with odd black spots following her? A mind-boggling teleportation machine lies at the center of this riveting adventure.
Published January 9th 2015 by Sji (first published January 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Gabriella and the Curse of the Black Spot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gabriella and the Curse of the Black Spot

Kevin
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
You hit the ground running with this book as the first few chapters are full of energy. Probably due to the pace of the books I had just come from, or possibly I'm just showing my age, it meant I didn't settle easily into the story for the first dozen or so pages, however the pieces quickly fell into place and once I tuned into the rhythm it because a very comfortable read.

I found the story enjoyable, but mostly I came away impressed at the very delicate balance the author achieved. Chapters are
Samantha
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Authors often take their first book to warm up and let the action build. In this series, this is very much the case. You can read this standaline if you wish, but it will be so much richer an experience if you start with the first book.

This was, is, without question, a masterstroke of story telling! So worth reading. More to follow in the morning, for now be it enough said you'll not go wrong with this series.
Dale Hackett
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good finish,

Since racing is a theme in this story, a good finish is appropriate. As we grow we learn and sometimes what we learn takes time to understand. Each h time we do understand we grow inside.
Jakenv
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Clever well written by author who knows his genre and creates a story which keeps you involved.
Flewts
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book of the series, but it is not necessary to read the first one in order to enjoy this one. Again, our "hero" is female, but since she is so heavily into a parkour kind of sport, she appeals to everyone.

This book has mystery, suspense, action, and some science in the fiction. Then there are the age-old questions of who am I and why am I here, something that teens first encounter, but the questions are relevant to all ages.

I had trouble putting this book down.
Tracy
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
I was provided a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

So, overall I have to say that I didn’t enjoy this book as much as I enjoyed 'Gabriella and Dr. Duggan’s Secret Dimensional Transport Machine'. Black Spot felt to me that it was somewhat without a specific plot. To be honest, when I finished the book I wasn’t sure what the clear message in the book was until I read the discussion questions at the back of the book. It was more clear then, that Black Spot was inten
Emily
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, favorites
I've been really looking forward to the second book in the NuGen series, but this one exceeded my expectations!

The author clearly put a lot of time and research into a science fiction series about genetics, also touching on physics - that explained things, making them easy to understand, but did not read like a text book.

As Gabriella navigates a life that quickly seems to be spinning out of control, she learns a lot about her life, her past, her future, her dad, and, most importantly, herself.
Stephen
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
A teenage girl tries to discover how to remove black spots received in another dimension and the source of an aging disease in a world of genetic modification, extreme sports and new science. Personally I find this a little boring and not to my taste. I read this cause of the author, but was let down. Sorry James. I would not recommend this to anyone.
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Max
Jason
Heather
Feb 10, 2015
James Cardona received his Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from the University of Delaware with a minor in Religious Studies.
He enjoys all things creative including the typical things such as drawing, painting, music and creative writing; and the not-so-typical such as building robots and writing computer code.
James has written five books and is planning on writing many, many more.
He also l

NuGen (2 books)
  • Gabriella and Dr. Duggan's Secret Dimensional Transport Machine (NuGen, #1)