Start by marking “The Seven Deadly Sins, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
The Seven Deadly Sins, Vol. 1

The Seven Deadly Sins, Vol. 1

(The Seven Deadly Sins #1)

When they were accused of trying to overthrow the monarchy, the feared warriors the Seven Deadly Sins were sent into exile. Princess Elizabeth discovers the truth - the Sins were framed by the king's guard, the Holy Knights - too late to prevent them from assassinating her father and seizing the throne! Now the princess is on the run, seeking the Sins to help her reclaim t ...more
Published March 25th 2014 by Kodansha Comics (first published February 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Seven Deadly Sins, Vol. 1, please sign up.
Marianne Mkrtchian Not necessarily, there are themes that aren't suitable for most children. I would say high school or late middle school for themes but it's an easy…moreNot necessarily, there are themes that aren't suitable for most children. I would say high school or late middle school for themes but it's an easy read.(less)

Start your review of The Seven Deadly Sins, Vol. 1
E.A.
Again, I started with the anime first.

I sat there and thought, how the flaming hell did I not know about this sooner!!?

After binging on Yu Yu Hakusho, I was in the mood for something new. I first saw the manga on crunchyroll, and was meh about it. I don't know why I didn't start reading it. I didn't get a good feeling form the cover.

I'm an idiot, I run a blog called Don't Judge read and here I am judging.... excuse me while I pull my foot out of my mouth.

How wrong I was to pass
MoonWyvern
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It is a great introduction of the series along with contagious humor!
Χαρά Ζ.
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a fun manga <3
A princess who is experiencing the world for the first time and is trying to bring back a group of people in order to fight the corrupted authority. She meets this dude and they are out on a journey to save the world. I think i'm gonna love it <3
Wandering Librarians
In Britannia, The Seven Deadly Sins, feared worries, have been exiled. But when the king's guards, the Holy Knights, imprisoned the king and stage a coup, princess Elizabeth goes off to search for The Seven Deadly Sins, the only ones who could fight the Holy Knights.

Dammit, The Seven Deadly Sins. I am so disappointed in you. It all started off so promising. "This is great," thought I. A middle grade manga with action and adventure and a cool story. But no. No. It is not to be.
Kate
“No matter what lies you tell, you can't fool your own heart.”
Sally ☾
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
ahhHhHH, I'm reading too much manga.
One-Edgy-Anti-Hero
Rating is still the same after re-read, but I'm just gonna continue for one character, you know who.
-----------
Like Fairy Tail I'm giving this another shot just for one character. That's Ban. (I believe I watched more of the anime too in the first place like FT)
------------
Oh...I forgot about "this" one. *sigh*
This one is...I share similar feelings with this one as I do with Fairy Tail to be honest.
Seriously, right down to I only cared about one character ONC
Bradley
Jun 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, fantasy
I wanted to see what the talk was about, so I checked out the first volume, and I have to say, I'll probably get around to reading the rest sometime. The stakes are rather usual for manga. Uber powerful friends and foes, betrayal, ecchi, and talking pigs. The art is pretty damn good, but it's not absolutely fantastic. The story has potential, but I'd have to read at least 4-5 volumes before I'll know for certain.

Is it grabbing my attention enough for me to continue on at this moment?
Monsour
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
"In a hat in the hill there lived a little perv. Not your nasty, dirty, overprice vintage witch hat with oozy smell and nothing to sit on: It was a bar, and that means comfort...and ale/mead/beer lots of it"
[image error]

For so long I'm keep seeing anime clips and artwork of this manga. I'm not a fan on the art at first but I'll give this one a chance. The story start with a damsel in distress and a man with childlike figure who happens to be a bar keeper of a moving house. Whose secretly one of the legendary infamous figure oit"
[image
Tom Ewing
Jul 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
Given that the hero of this manga travels around in a pub carried on the back of a giant talking pig, you can probably imagine how duff the rest of it must be to earn 1 star. But it is that duff. Plot twists you can see coming from the first page, a reliance on groping and harassment for comic relief that's extreme even by shonen manga standards, uninspired art and a female lead portrayed as a gormless ninny. Dire.
Ilias
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, manga
Nanatsu no Taizai (the seven deadly sins) is a mix of Dragonball & Naruto in my opinion.This story is simple, fun and cliche(in a positive way..). I enjoy every page of every volume of this manga. The characters are fun and sweet. All in all for me it was very enjoyable. If you liked DBZ and Naruto I am positive you will love The seven Deadly sins.
Mohammed Mortada
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Every one has a past and a sin no one is a saint but when you learn to accept this past or sin the result will be having the enough strength to turn the world upside down
Lashaan Balasingam (Bookidote)
I am a bit split by this series. It has some really intriguing stuff and then there are things that make you wonder if it's part of its identity or just things that come and go for the sake of fan service.

The pervy elements are ridiculous but I think you'll just grow to accept them throughout the story, but the fantasy elements make things very enigmatic. I wonder where things could possibly go from here on out.

Yours truly,

Lashaan | Blogger and Book Reviewer ...more
Emma
Apr 24, 2015 rated it did not like it
DNF in the second chapter. I was really disturbed when the main character identifies the other main character by sniffing her crotch on page 12. WTAF. Then in the second chapter he says he's stolen panties and groped breasts all over the country. Womp, womp. Too dumb. Do not care. Moving on.
Roxana Chirilă
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun and light-hearted, the first volume of "The Seven Deadly Sins" is about a princess in disguise who's looking for the supposed criminals called after the Seven Deadly Sins to get their help in saving her kingdom from the supposed protectors of the realm, the Holy Knights.

And she finds a Deadly Sin who is obviously cheery, friendly and helpful, so we there's not a lot of suspense regarding who the good guys are in this one.

Includes an awesome talking pig and less than a
MC
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Seven Deadly Sins is set in a fantasy world representing medieval Europe, where a brave princess is seeking the help of legendary criminals and warriors to save her kingdom.

As the story begins, we find Elizabeth, third princess of the kingdom of Britannia, in disguise searching for the titular "sins". Now, why exactly they are called the "sin" they (wrath, envy, so on), and what their crimes in the past were, no one has a clue. All that is known is that they are believed to have plot
Tim
Jan 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: japanese-manga
As with UQ Holder, I read this through Crunchyroll's digital manga service. This is definitely a shounen manga as it's about a boy and girl trying to find seven legendary heroes (the titular seven deadly sins) to free the land from "Holy Knights" who are often capricious in their treatment of the populace.

While I like the main characters (including Pig who is an actual pig), there isn't anything to particularly distinguish it from many other similar manga. I'll keep up with the series, but I'd
Gavin Abdollahi
Mix up
60% sword fights...
20% laughs...
&
20% melon grabbing...

And you've got The Seven Deadly Sins.

Princess Elizabeth is on a quest to find the Seven Deadly Sons, powerful knights who were exiled for committing heinous crimes.
Upon her quest, she stumbles upon a small bar, the owner of which is the melon grabbing/panty stealing/young faced Melodias, the captain of the Seven Deadly Sins.
Together, they embark on a quest in search of th
Joshua Barrera
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First off, the anime is awesome and I highly recommend people to watch it. Just a few weeks ago I was watching this, finished it and thought I was done but then I stumbled upon this beautiful book. I'm not sure how many books there are but I'm going to the next one. This manga is full of suspense and action while there are some funny scenes and some rather questionable ones this book is not for all ages. This book is about a group of people, more like a little team a talking pig, sir Meliodas, p ...more
Nicola Mansfield
Apr 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
An entertaining shounen fantasy with a lot of action and sexual humour. The cover is a bit deceptive as it comes across cutesy, but that is not the case at all. In fact, I think the book just slightly crosses the line for T+ appropriateness. A sniff at a girl's crotch, ie, puts it into the OT rating in my opinion. However, I enjoyed the tale and the beginning search for the Seven Deadly Sins. Both Elizabeth and Meliodas get good character development, especially for a first volume but my favouri ...more
Jared  Deocareza
What caught my attention in this manga at first is its name nanatsu for it reminds me of Natsu from Fairy Tail. Turns out it was related to seven deadly sins! I've always been fascinated to the 7 deadly sins for each character represents a symbol and power. As the story progress the intensity or tension also increases.
Rebecca
3.5/5

I’m curious enough to read more chapters at some point (talking animals are my weakness) but ehhh to the groping and fan service.
Cory Williams
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book was amazing O like it because I love watching the seven deadly sins and it is my favorite anime show so make more books okay 😃 💕💖👍👍💜💛💚💙💞💝💘❤💓💗👏

I choose the rating because I love the seven deadly sins and I always will do who ever made the seven deadly sins and the book I would give them a prize because that was the best book would've ever read and the best anime show love's ever watched in my life. You are incredible
Nicholas Sumner
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This a very good fantasy book by Nakaba Suzuki to be his first ever fantasy series. I hope it just keeps getting better.
Jordan
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Though I really am not a fan of Meliodas grabbing Elizabeth's breasts all the time (it is disgusting and I seriously cannot understand this kind of humor in mangas), I have to admit that the whole story is very interesting and this manga made me laugh out loud. A talking pig is a reason enough for me to give this a 4/5 rating.
Dorothy Weigand
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I adored this manga. I had seen the anime a while ago and recently rewatched it and when I saw it on the shelf at Books-a-Million (my local BN is closed for repair after a tornado), I had to read it. I love how oblivious they all can be at certain moments. Like when Elizabeth asks him his name and he nonchalantly says "Meliodas" and is somehow goes in one ear and right back out the other that she was looking at that Meliodas. She didn't figure it out until she saw the tattoo on his shoulder. How ...more
A. C. Pernia
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this Manga.

I watched the Anime a couple of weeks ago, and I fell in love inmediatly, so I, as the obsesive reader that I am, needed to read the Manga, I was certainly no dissapointed.

The first thing I realized was the awesome details in each square of tha pages, and the well linked of the text. You do not miss anything, and certainly you do not think that exist voids in the story more than the necessaries for the storyline.

Now... Talking about the stor
Darnell
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-manhwa
Some interesting pieces, but ultimately it's a little too generic shonen for my taste.
Doc
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is rated Teen and has fantasy violence as well as some limited mature material such as the main character groping the young woman accompanying him on his travels so use your best judgement if either of these bother you.

Set in Britannia (much like the stories of King Arthur) this story revolves around Elizabeth the 3rd princess of King Liones (who was overthrown by his own Holy Knights) by seeking out seven individuals who each bore a tattoo of a beast upon their bodies and
Amber
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
You know I really didn't like this one, like I thought I would. There were some good parts about it, I like where the story was going and the setting, but I really don't like the characters. The only character I like is this cute little pig, who was actually the only voice of reason.

Honestly, the characters were too much for me and I don't see myself investing time into reading the rest of this series. The MC's behavior is not perverted it's just plain harassment. I have read a lot of manga whe
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• フェアリーテイル 16 [Fearī Teiru 16] (Fairy Tail, #16)
  • ブラッククローバー 1 [Burakku Kurōbā 1] (Black Clover, #1)
  • EDENS ZERO 1 (Edens Zero, #1)
  • ブラッククローバー 2 [Burakku Kurōbā 2] (Black Clover, #2)
  • The Seven Deadly Sins: Seven Days ~The Thief and the Holy Girl~
  • EDENS ZERO 2 (Edens Zero, #2)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 13 (Fairy Tail, #13)
  • フェアリーテイル 14 [Fearī Teiru 14] (Fairy Tail, #14)
  • フェアリーテイル 17 [Fearī Teiru 17] (Fairy Tail, #17)
  • EDENS ZERO 3 (Edens Zero, #3)
  • 炎炎ノ消防隊 03 [Enen no Shouboutai 3] (Fire Force, #3)
  • 炎炎ノ消防隊 02 [Enen no Shouboutai 2] (Fire Force, #2)
  • フェアリーテイル 28 [Fearī Teiru 28] (Fairy Tail, #28)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 01 (Fairy Tail, #1)
  • The Seven Deadly Sins: Seven Days, Vol. 2
  • フェアリーテイル 18 [Fearī Teiru 18] (Fairy Tail, #18)
  • 暗殺教室 1 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 1] (Assassination Classroom, #1)
  • フェアリーテイル 20 [Fearī Teiru 20] (Fairy Tail, #20)
Nakaba Suzuki (鈴木央 Suzuki Nakaba, born in Sukagawa, Fukushima) is a Japanese manga artist, known for his works in Shueisha's Weekly Shōnen Jump, Shogakukan's Weekly Shōnen Sunday and Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine.

The Seven Deadly Sins (1 - 10 of 40 books)
  • The Seven Deadly Sins, Vol. 2
  • The Seven Deadly Sins, Vol. 3
  • The Seven Deadly Sins, Vol. 4
  • The Seven Deadly Sins, Vol. 5
  • The Seven Deadly Sins, Vol. 6
  • 七つの大罪 7 [Nanatsu no Taizai 7] (The Seven Deadly Sins, #7)
  • 七つの大罪 8 [Nanatsu no Taizai 8] (The Seven Deadly Sins, #8)
  • 七つの大罪 9 [Nanatsu no Taizai 9] (The Seven Deadly Sins, #9)
  • 七つの大罪 10 [Nanatsu no Taizai 10] (The Seven Deadly Sins, #10)
  • 七つの大罪 11 [Nanatsu no Taizai 11] (The Seven Deadly Sins, #11)