Start by marking “The Seven Deadly Sins, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
The Seven Deadly Sins, Vol. 1

The Seven Deadly Sins, Vol. 1 (The Seven Deadly Sins #1)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  2,185 Ratings  ·  153 Reviews
When they were accused of trying to overthrow the monarchy, the feared warriors the Seven Deadly Sins were sent into exile. Princess Elizabeth discovers the truth - the Sins were framed by the king's guard, the Holy Knights - too late to prevent them from assassinating her father and seizing the throne! Now the princess is on the run, seeking the Sins to help her reclaim t ...more
Published March 25th 2014 by Kodansha Comics (first published February 15th 2013)

MoonWyvern
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
It is a great introduction of the series along with contagious humor!
E.A.
Again, I started with the anime first.

I sat there and thought, how the flaming hell did I not know about this sooner!!?

After binging on Yu Yu Hakusho, I was in the mood for something new. I first saw the manga on crunchyroll, and was meh about it. I don't know why I didn't start reading it. I didn't get a good feeling form the cover.

I'm an idiot, I run a blog called Don't Judge read and here I am judging.... excuse me while I pull my foot out of my mouth.

How wrong I was to pass over such an
Χαρά Ζ.
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a fun manga <3
A princess who is experiencing the world for the first time and is trying to bring back a group of people in order to fight the corrupted authority. She meets this dude and they are out on a journey to save the world. I think i'm gonna love it <3
✿ cassandra ✿
Uh, this was so weird. There was too much groping and fanservice for my liking though...
Wandering Librarians
In Britannia, The Seven Deadly Sins, feared worries, have been exiled. But when the king's guards, the Holy Knights, imprisoned the king and stage a coup, princess Elizabeth goes off to search for The Seven Deadly Sins, the only ones who could fight the Holy Knights.

Dammit, The Seven Deadly Sins. I am so disappointed in you. It all started off so promising. "This is great," thought I. A middle grade manga with action and adventure and a cool story. But no. No. It is not to be.

Because of the grop
Tom Ewing
Jul 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
Given that the hero of this manga travels around in a pub carried on the back of a giant talking pig, you can probably imagine how duff the rest of it must be to earn 1 star. But it is that duff. Plot twists you can see coming from the first page, a reliance on groping and harassment for comic relief that's extreme even by shonen manga standards, uninspired art and a female lead portrayed as a gormless ninny. Dire.
Ilias
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, favorites
Nanatsu no Taizai (the seven deadly sins) is a mix of Dragonball & Naruto in my opinion.This story is simple, fun and cliche(in a positive way..). I enjoy every page of every volume of this manga. The characters are fun and sweet. All in all for me it was very enjoyable. If you liked DBZ and Naruto I am positive you will love The seven Deadly sins.
Mohammed Mortada
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Every one has a past and a sin no one is a saint but when you learn to accept this past or sin the result will be having the enough strength to turn the world upside down
MC
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Seven Deadly Sins is set in a fantasy world representing medieval Europe, where a brave princess is seeking the help of legendary criminals and warriors to save her kingdom.

As the story begins, we find Elizabeth, third princess of the kingdom of Britannia, in disguise searching for the titular "sins". Now, why exactly they are called the "sin" they (wrath, envy, so on), and what their crimes in the past were, no one has a clue. All that is known is that they are believed to have plotted to o
Tim
Jan 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: japanese-manga
As with UQ Holder, I read this through Crunchyroll's digital manga service. This is definitely a shounen manga as it's about a boy and girl trying to find seven legendary heroes (the titular seven deadly sins) to free the land from "Holy Knights" who are often capricious in their treatment of the populace.

While I like the main characters (including Pig who is an actual pig), there isn't anything to particularly distinguish it from many other similar manga. I'll keep up with the series, but I'd
Nanna
Menceritakan tentang seorang gadis mencari anggota Seven Deadly Sins, untuk menghentikan tindakan semena-mena dari Holy Knights.

Tidak ada yang baru di komik ini, ide cerita tipikal komik shonen pada umumnya, dan cenderung membosankan. Bagaimana ga bosan kalo pola cerita sama dengan komik-komik shonen terkenal lainnya macam Bleach, Fairy Tail, Rave, Samurai X, dll ? --> Tokoh utama +hewan peliharaan bertemu dengan damsel-in-distress, lalu melakukan perjalanan bersama, lalu membentuk kelompok.
Bradley
Jun 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, fantasy
I wanted to see what the talk was about, so I checked out the first volume, and I have to say, I'll probably get around to reading the rest sometime. The stakes are rather usual for manga. Uber powerful friends and foes, betrayal, ecchi, and talking pigs. The art is pretty damn good, but it's not absolutely fantastic. The story has potential, but I'd have to read at least 4-5 volumes before I'll know for certain.

Is it grabbing my attention enough for me to continue on at this moment? Probably no
Nicola Mansfield
Apr 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
An entertaining shounen fantasy with a lot of action and sexual humour. The cover is a bit deceptive as it comes across cutesy, but that is not the case at all. In fact, I think the book just slightly crosses the line for T+ appropriateness. A sniff at a girl's crotch, ie, puts it into the OT rating in my opinion. However, I enjoyed the tale and the beginning search for the Seven Deadly Sins. Both Elizabeth and Meliodas get good character development, especially for a first volume but my favouri ...more
Jared  Deocareza
What caught my attention in this manga at first is its name nanatsu for it reminds me of Natsu from Fairy Tail. Turns out it was related to seven deadly sins! I've always been fascinated to the 7 deadly sins for each character represents a symbol and power. As the story progress the intensity or tension also increases.
Emma
Apr 24, 2015 rated it did not like it
DNF in the second chapter. I was really disturbed when the main character identifies the other main character by sniffing her crotch on page 12. WTAF. Then in the second chapter he says he's stolen panties and groped breasts all over the country. Womp, womp. Too dumb. Do not care. Moving on.
Gavin Abdollahi
Mix up
60% sword fights...
20% laughs...
&
20% melon grabbing...

And you've got The Seven Deadly Sins.

Princess Elizabeth is on a quest to find the Seven Deadly Sons, powerful knights who were exiled for committing heinous crimes.
Upon her quest, she stumbles upon a small bar, the owner of which is the melon grabbing/panty stealing/young faced Melodias, the captain of the Seven Deadly Sins.
Together, they embark on a quest in search of the other Deadly Sins...
However, as the two make progress on
Nicholas Sumner
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This a very good fantasy book by Nakaba Suzuki to be his first ever fantasy series. I hope it just keeps getting better.
Darnell
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-manhwa
Some interesting pieces, but ultimately it's a little too generic shonen for my taste.
Doc
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is rated Teen and has fantasy violence as well as some limited mature material such as the main character groping the young woman accompanying him on his travels so use your best judgement if either of these bother you.

Set in Britannia (much like the stories of King Arthur) this story revolves around Elizabeth the 3rd princess of King Liones (who was overthrown by his own Holy Knights) by seeking out seven individuals who each bore a tattoo of a beast upon their bodies and were one of
Meriana
May 29, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: simpan-di-kardus
Dari segi gambar, nilai 3. Gambarnya bagus dan sangat cocok dengan tipe cerita shonen yg diusung. Dari segi ide cerita & konsep, nilai 2,5. Ceritanya cukup menarik, meski udah umum. Tapi dari segi packaging, nilainya 1. Mungkin -1 ato -2.

Cerita dengan setting kerajaan medieval dimana pihak yg selama ini dianggap benar secara diam-diam mengkudeta Raja, selama pihak yg selama ini dianggap pemberontak oleh masyarakat, malah sebenarnya merupakan pihak yg benar. Lalu satu-satunya Putri Raja terpa
Guguk
Hadiah dari lomba ngisi balon dialog SDS - Elex ヽ(^^ヽ) Thank you!!

Gambar : 3.5 bintang...bukan favoritku, tapi semakin lama dipandang semakin menarik karena berasa unik dan "beda dari biasanya" ^ ^

Cerita :
1) Kemesuman si Meliodas : -1001 bintang...tipe cowok yang biar mau dihukum gantung, disetrum di kursi listrik, lalu di-guillotine sekalipun masih kurang berat hukumannya! ((╬◣﹏◢))
(view spoiler)
Taylor
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Knights in shining armor and a quest to save the kingdom. And a talking pig?
I loved this book. The manga is wonderfully done, with each and every face having a unique expression. The main protagonist, Meliodas is the most developed and has the most character. He is nonchalant and charing at the same time, while also successfully leading his Seven Deadly Sins into battle. He is a character full of surprises. Even his identity as the Captain of the Seven Deadly Sins stunned me at first. The story
Luke Reynolds
Nov 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I definitely enjoyed the first volume of The Seven Deadly Sins. Meliodas's perverted nature will definitely be too much for some readers, but he's definitely a courageous person when he needs to be. Also, I find Hawk adorable and Elizabeth to be a kind and cute female lead. Hopefully she'll have more involvement in the future.

The art style for the character designs is nice, and Nakaba Suzuki is good at detailed scenes (view spoiler). The o
Gabrielle
I read this during short breaks from work and before I went to sleep. As usual mangakas deliver great sequential art/stories that is unique and this book is probably one of the best I've read.The story takes a different spin on the 7 Deadly Sins and the location is a parallel world of medieval England. If you are into magic/supernatural fights in comicbooks with the traditional "I will protect ..." plot this one is for you.
Evelyn
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't this. An odd combination of Dragon Ball, One Piece, and Fairy Tail this story is a fast paced adventure that is slightly predictable but strangely satisfying. It has enough mystery to keep the reader interested but not so much that the reader is completely confused.

Oddly delightful.
Melanie
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Chapters 1 to 4
~~~
This may be my new obsession. *giggles*
I love the plot. And even though Meliodas does annoy me because he's such a pervert, and Elizabeth annoys me more because she doesn't realise that he's a pervert, they are both very interesting protagonists (especially Meliodas) and I'm very curious as to where the story will go.
Toni
Dec 03, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2016, shit
Normally I can ignore gross "fanservice" stuff in shonen manga, but this is ridiculous. The main female character is groped by the main male character about 36 times in this volume alone. What does she say about it? Absolutely nothing.

It's kind of hard to enjoy a story when breasts are being grabbed in seemingly every other panel.
Christina
Love this!!! I put off reading this for a while and now I did so i'm very happy that I finally made myself read it.
Gustavo
Jan 10, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This volumen was good the main character is interesting and the princess is nice, I don't like all the fanservice that is on the manga,
kim song ng
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 | couldn't really get into the story in the beginning, but now it's starting to get real interesting. Can't wait to pick up the next one.
  • 山田くんと7人の魔女 3 [Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo 3] (Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches, #3)
  • NORA: The Last Chronicle of Devildom, Vol. 1 (Nora, #1)
  • Witch Hunter, Volume 1 (Witch Hunter #1)
  • Jiu Jiu, Vol. 1
  • Monster Musume Vol. 1
  • Soul Eater NOT!, Vol. 1
  • Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, Vol. 01 (Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, #1)
  • Vinland Saga, Omnibus 3
  • 13th Boy, Vol. 1 (13th Boy, #1)
  • .hack//G.U.+, Volume 1 (.hack//G.U.+, #1)
  • The Heroic Legend of Arslan, Vol. 1
  • Beet the Vandel Buster, Vol. 1
  • Mad Love Chase Volume 1
  • The Ancient Magus' Bride, Vol. 4
  • The Heroic Legend of Arslan, Vol. 2
  • Soul Rescue, Volume 1
  • Whistle!, Vol. 1
  • Four-Eyed Prince, Volume 1

The Seven Deadly Sins (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • The Seven Deadly Sins, Vol. 2
  • The Seven Deadly Sins, Vol. 3
  • The Seven Deadly Sins, Vol. 4
  • The Seven Deadly Sins, Vol. 5
  • The Seven Deadly Sins, Vol. 6
  • 七つの大罪 7 [Nanatsu no Taizai 7] (The Seven Deadly Sins, #7)
  • 七つの大罪 8 [Nanatsu no Taizai 8] (The Seven Deadly Sins, #8)
  • 七つの大罪 9 [Nanatsu no Taizai 9] (The Seven Deadly Sins, #9)
  • 七つの大罪 10 [Nanatsu no Taizai 10] (The Seven Deadly Sins, #10)
  • 七つの大罪 11 [Nanatsu no Taizai 11] (The Seven Deadly Sins, #11)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Conjure (Hoodoo Apprentice)
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • When Gravity Fails (The Budayeen Cycle, 1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Thirteen
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
  • The Menagerie