Start by marking “Batman: Bruce Wayne, Fugitive (New Edition)” as Want to Read:
Batman: Bruce Wayne, Fugitive (New Edition)

Batman: Bruce Wayne, Fugitive

(Batman: Bruce Wayne, Fugitive #Complete 2)

Indicted for killing his sometime girlfriend Vesper Fairchild, Bruce Wayne is sent to Blackgate Prison...only to escape, launching a citywide manhunt. Now Batman has now gone to ground -- renouncing his true identity and operating deeper in the shadows than ever before. It falls to his extended family -- Nightwing, Robin, Oracle, Batgirl, Spoiler, and Alfred to figure out ...more
Published July 15th 2014 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Batman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Batman

Start your review of Batman: Bruce Wayne, Fugitive (New Edition)
Sam Quixote
Nov 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
Indicted for the murder of his girlfriend Vesper Fairchild, Bruce Wayne escapes Blackgate Prison and “goes on the lam” leaving it up to Batman to find her true killer. Except, heh heh, Bruce Wayne IS Batman so nothing really happened! Ehhhh… So who really dunit?? Spoiler: nobody bloody caaaaarress!

Bruce Wayne: Fugitive is the ultra-shitty conclusion to what I imagine is the equally shitty Bruce Wayne: Murderer? storyline. The writers do nothing with the “Bruce Wayne is a fugitive from justice”
Lono
Jul 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
This volume picks up from where Batman: Bruce Wayne Murderer? left off. I would certainly recommend reading that title first if you’re interested in this book or you will likely be pretty lost as to what’s going on. While I thought Batman: Bruce Wayne Fugitive wasn’t quite as good as its forerunner, I still really enjoyed a lot of the issues collected in this volume. This edition collects the 3 previously released collections of the Fugitive storyline and is probably the way to go if you are int ...more
Tom Ewing
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not a masterpiece, but I handed it an extra star for bringing back bittersweet memories of when Batman (and DC in general) had strong writers allowed to work through grounded plots with coherent editorial planning. Criss-crossing between half a dozen titles beyond the core Batman book, Bruce Wayne: Murderer/Fugitive compares favourably to most events in that almost all of them contribute something useful to the main plot. (Let us not speak of Azrael: Agent Of The Bat).

The core idea is strong -
Dr Rashmit Mishra
You can read this review along with other on my blog at https://ablogaboutbook.wordpress.com/...

The Concluding Chapter of the Fugitive saga , answers a lot of questions and delivers on some points and even brings back some light into the life of Bruce Wayne and yet on many level it falls a little flat in comparison to it's predecessor which I reviewed HERE!

Authors - Greg Rucka, Kelley Puckett, Chuck Dixon

Illustrators - Devin Grayson, Ed Brubaker, Pete Woods , Trevor McCarthy , Steve Lieber , P
Ahmed Mansour
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
That was a real nice G-Novel...looking forwarde to the next comic that I`ll read :) ...more
Chaitra
Bruce Wayne and his bodyguard Sasha something are suspected of murdering Vesper Lynd, she of the radio show. Actually the murder happened in Bruce Wayne, Murderer? which I saw in my library and didn't pick up because I thought this collection was newer and that it included issues about the murder. By the time I figured out it didn't, I was past caring. And in any case, it's not all that hard to piece it together.

What did get left off was why the Bat Fam minus Oracle suspected him in the first p
Supratim Dhar
May 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was one of the finest Batman story I have ever read. Inspiration comes from unexpected places and people. Batman almost had shed his alter ego but a policeman who gave some comfort to little bruce changed it. Even Dick or Barbara couldn't do it.
At the end Bruce seemed more human than ever. Touching all the emotions and smiling; even for a short amount of time; it's worth it.
Victoria Hawco
Feb 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Most ridiculous cover ever. Still pretty good.
Lana
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it
It was a disappointing conclusion to me after Bruce Wayne Murderer?
I felt as though the story wrapped up much earlier than the book ended and it was a scramble to make it seem it longer
Sud666
May 04, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Batman: Bruce Wayne, Fugitive is the follow up to the massive Batman: Bruce Wayne, Murderer? While not an amazing volume, this second volume improves on the original in many ways.

First, the size is manageable enough that you need not lift weights to pick it up. It is still a large volume. So Bruce has broken out of jail and is Batman, but ONLY Batman. At least that was the confusing motif of the previous volume. Well, after talking to a dying police officer who investigated the Wayne murder, Bat
Aaron
Jun 13, 2021 rated it it was ok
A thoroughly underwhelming finale to a thoroughly underwhelming crossover. I just can't believe how hard this storyline falls off a cliff. As I mentioned in my review of Bruce Wayne, Murderer?, the beginning of this whole saga was so good. Compelling, mysterious, human. The writers were really dealing with how Bruce Wayne being framed for murder would cause havoc amongst the Bat Family, both logistically and emotionally.

Then, somewhere towards the end of the previous book, it fell apart. The emo
Nate
Jan 31, 2020 added it
The first half of this book is basically leading up to the confrontation with the perpetrator. Oracle and the others whittle down the clues while Batman gets over his angst and finally works with them. Aside from the Azrael stuff, there are some strong issues here, especially “Turning Point” by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips. Batman talks with the man who investigated his parents murder in what’s probably the best single issue of the entire storyline. Unfortunately I found the reveal to be somewh ...more
Aler
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Starts off amazingly by continuing Nightwing and Oracle's detective work from the previous book and bringing some resolution. The highlight is the Batgirl issue with the OG Batman Who Laughs cover where everybody goes into the explanation of this perfect crime, but from there the threads begin to unravel. There are many a loose end to tie up from the first story, and unfortunately they are not very neatly resolved. The Bordeaux storyline comes back in full swing but its resolution is itself defl ...more
Brad McKenna
Jun 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
If they added the first third or so of the Bruce Wayne: Murder with this book, it would have been a lot better.

I loved the introduction of the cop that was on the Thomas and Martha Wayne killings. There have been so many retconing of the origin of Batman that I'm surprised this aspect hadn't been explored before now. I just wish there had been more to this subplot. Though, to be fair, (view spoiler)
Andrew Lee
Mar 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A nice compilation of what was formally three volumes. I appreciate DC doing this larger compilations of great arcs, especially as digital editions become more prevalent.

Anyways this early 2000s crossover event continues from "Bruce Wayne: Murderer? The mystery slowly begins to unravel of what happened to Vesper and the Bat-Family investigated the murder, utilizing all of the crime solving techniques Bruce had taught them all. It's a satisfying tie back to see Bruce's prodigies all band together
Scott
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This volume is the continuation of the "Bruce Wayne Murderer?" arc and while not as sensational it leads us to the answers that the first volume doesn't give up. There are plotlines that peter out that are likely continued elsewhere in the universe, but aren't explicitly part of the story being told here. As well as the resolution of Batman's story we get the resolution to Sasha Bordeaux's story who drifted out of things largely throughout the arc.

It's an essential read for anyone who has read t
B
Dec 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, own
Resolves itself pretty quickly and then it's just kind of all over the place. This book suffers from having a lot of breadth but not that much depth, I think. Like there's a coda to Knightfall and the killer is a surprise and all sorts of things.

Probably a result of too many cooks in the kitchen.

I think they could have sold me on this material better by packaging it like Dawn of X (all Batbooks from April to June 2006 or whatever) rather than as the conclusion to a story.
Gabo
Oct 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Despite the fact that I enjoyed reading this arc, the -in my opinion- lame resolution of it gave me a bitter flavour. However, the most off-putting thing for me were some of the pencils here. Of course, not all of them were bad, in fact there were some issues when they were very good, but in some other cases the simplicity of them led me away from the story I was reading.
David
May 20, 2020 rated it liked it
All in all, this was a pleasant surprise. Yes, this book has it´s downpoints (Azrael was just beyond any comprehension and redemption) and most of the stories are just average and sometimes needlessly overcomplicated, but there are little gems hidden all around and somehow, it just works. Will not change anyone´s life, but a pleasant thing to read through in an evening.
David Thomas
Jun 12, 2021 rated it it was ok
In the end a highly mediocre Batman story with no real tension or character. It takes Batman, the world's greatest detective, forever to solve the case. Worse yet, despite it affecting many things in his life, and the victim being someone he really cared about, Batman barely seems to care about the case for most of the story. ...more
J
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
While these anthologies of a storyline culled from severe monthly titles are usually story in quality, the second half of the Bruce Wayne:. Murderer storyline shows signs of falling into the capable hands of Rucka and Brubaker. A nest conclusion that isn't any less pat but satisfying nevertheless. ...more
Mark Smiley
Feb 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Convolutions and twists that finally come together to explain the mystery here. Pretty good story line some of the Art was exceptional. Made me smile in several places as Batman totally acted like Batman.
Jefferson
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just like its predecessor Bruce Wayne: Murderer, this volume is a great example of excellent editing and coordination across a wide range of Batman titles with different creative teams, and it manages to tell a clear, consistent and engaging story.
Ming
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was ok
While it comprehensively collects everything to do with the crossover, much of the peripheral stories are only tangentially related, and the main plot is dragged out way too long. And the less said about the godawful Azrael chapters the better...
Jim
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great escapist fare. The followup/sequel to Bruce Wayne Murderer.
Joshua Dancer
Jan 14, 2019 rated it did not like it
This retroactively ruined my enjoyment of the first half of the arc in Bruce Wayne, Murderer.
David
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic-books
I think this is one of my favorite Batman stories. Love this period for the whole Bat Family.
Brad
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
***Don’t read this book unless you’ve read Bruce Wayne: Murderer? It might help to have read No Man’s Land (and with it the books that come before it), but isn’t totally necessary.***

What this book offers to the overall arch of the Murderer/Fugitive arch is thematically weak, but at least resolves things. While the previous Batman book, Bruce Wayne: Murderer? was overcrowded with characters, it gratefully didn’t try to cram in too many plot points. This volume, unfortunately overcrowds the story
Derrick
The art and story are a lot more consistent here than in Batman: Bruce Wayne, Murderer?, without a lot of the extranenous titles' subplots distracting from the main Batman books.

There's an issue here - I think it's Batman #604 - done by the team of Brubaker/Phillips that's easily the best single issue of the whole storyline. Terrific issue.
Matthew Devins
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
When I picked up this book I failed to remember that there was a prequel to it, but nonetheless I was quickly able to pick up the events of what had occurred and still enjoyed this book

This book takes place after another comic "Batman: Bruce Wayne Murderer?" As I'm sure you can imagine, the premise is that Bruce Wayne and his bodyguard/ally are arrested for the murder of one of Bruce's many ex girlfriends. Any Batman fan will understand why this is such a shock, as his one rule is that he won't

• Batman: Under the Red Hood
  • Batman: Cataclysm
  • Batman: The Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul
  • Batman: Road to No Man's Land, Vol. 2
  • Nightwing Volume 4: Love and Bullets
Greg Rucka, is an American comic book writer and novelist, known for his work on such comics as Action Comics, Batwoman: Detective Comics, and the miniseries Superman: World of New Krypton for DC Comics, and for novels such as his Queen & Country series.

Batman: Bruce Wayne, Fugitive (6 books)
  • Batman: Bruce Wayne, Murderer?
  • Batman: Bruce Wayne, Fugitive, Vol. 1
  • Batman: Bruce Wayne, Fugitive, Vol. 2
  • Batman: Bruce Wayne, Fugitive, Vol. 3
  • Batman: Bruce Wayne, Murderer? (New Edition)