Start by marking “Battle of the Ampere (Michael Vey #3)” as Want to Read:
Battle of the Ampere (Michael Vey #3)

Battle of the Ampere (Michael Vey #3)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  5,979 ratings  ·  656 reviews
The hair-raising action continues for Michael Vey in this charged third installment of the #1 New York Times bestselling series.

Michael, Taylor, Ostin and the rest of the Electroclan have destroyed the largest of the Elgen Starxource plants, but now they’re scattered across the Amazon jungle. The Elgen have joined forces with the Peruvian army to capture the Electroclan, a
Published May 6th 2014 by Simon Pulse/Mercury Ink (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Battle of the Ampere, please sign up.

Trevork11 I thought it was kind of funny, because I was reading and I understood the "made up language". The thing that makes my head hurt is why the Amazon…moreI thought it was kind of funny, because I was reading and I understood the "made up language". The thing that makes my head hurt is why the Amazon people speak better Chinese than the people in Taiwan... (maybe Rosetta stone works and they are having fun shipping a lot of those out of the Amazon?)(less)

♥iDevourBooks♥ ☆Sonic~Obsessed☆
I SO need this book to come out!! Plus, ha!, I'm the first reviewee. Lol.
L.R.W. Lee
I was disappointed with book 3 of the series. Let me explain why.

1) the first 4 sections seemed to drag on. The pace was slow and I nearly put the book down.
2) it seemed like several of the rescue scenes happened too easily. The conflict built but it resolved way too easily
3) too much detail during the plan of the attack
4) since it had been a long time since i read the last book in the series, I had forgotten who all the kids were. There was no reintroduction of any of them and I was confused. T
I really loved the first two books in this series and I will say the third one was very good too!
But, since there WILL be a fourth book, I hope it doesn't go downhill like the Maximum Ride series.
Oct 23, 2013 Quan rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Me
Recommended to Quan by: Young Reader
I wanted to love this book like I love the first two, but I was really disappointed. Plot was good/ Mr. Hatch was still evil bastard, but the pacing was slow. For someone with so much power, Mike doesn't use it. He sneaked around more than anything. There were other problems such as , the lack of action, there was no real threat, no superpower fights. There were only a tiny little firefight here and there. There is no huge payoffs at the end that makes the reader wants to read the next book. It ...more
Colleen Houck
I love the magnetic power. It's such a cool thing that he used it to climb up the sides of a boat. All the secondary characters are really fun and add so much to the story. This cover is gorgeous too!
"Battle of the Ampere" is book 3 of the Michael Vey series. It's for kids, I know, but I like to review these so-called kids books because they can go really, really wrong and parents don't take the time to find out, so I find out.

This is a good book. It's not quite as good as the previous two books but still a winner. In this continuing story, Michael Vey has escaped the clutches of the evil Dr. Hatch, but Hatch is (yes, I know :-)) hatching another scheme to take over the world!

OK, Michael is
Katie Watkins
If you're looking for a clean, fast-paced story about some teens with super powers (involving electricity), then this is the series for you. Book 3 picked up right where {book:Rise of the Elgen|12512738] left off. This is not a stand-alone. To fully understand the situation Michael Vey and his friends find themselves in and the battle they face, you need to read the first two books.

What I like the most about Michael Vey is that he is not perfect. He's not the typical popular jock who has everyth
I didn't love this book as much as the second one, - just too much running around in the Peruvian jungle, and too much separation from the other teens. The big question here is who is the Voice? How does the group he represents always know what the Electroclan is accomplishing or when they need help? How can they ferry folks around the world to safety so fast. Are they part of the US government since they seem to find safety in the US? Lots of questions about this group and how they work. That w ...more
A. R.
Nice story, but little happened. There wasn't even a suspenseful ending or a cliffhanger. It was moderately paced, predictable, and just plain ho-hum. And it just ended with a convenient set up for the next edition.

I think Evans may be trying to crank out too many books (series) in a year. This one certainly did not have the charm of the first, or the action of the second.

I've heard there are to be seven books in this series. I hope not.
Edwin Zheng
The Michael Vey series is simply amazing. The ending of the last book had me drooling! I'm dying to find out the answers to my questions!! I mean like who are these mysteries Indians?? What do they want with Michael?? What's going to happen to the rest of the group?? I'm dying to know! Plan on buying this book as soon as it's out.
There were so many problems with this book. I'm surprised I finished it. I picked it up because I currently can't get anything from the library (they hate me), I'm all out of book money due to my last purchase (a truly brilliant book), and it's one of the few books at my mom's house I haven't read. Next time I'll pass.

Does anyone else have a problem with adults knowingly sending a bunch of kids into danger and almost certain death? Hey you, fifteen-year-olds, here's a backpack full of explosive
I read Michael Vey the battle of the Ampere. I loved this book. It was very good. I would say it is the best book he has written. The main problem is that Michael must break his friends out of prison. He also has to destroy the Ampere. The setting really helps the story move along. If it was not in a poor it would not make sense.

Michael is a kind hearted person who tries to help everyone. Dr. Hatch is very evil and wants to take over the world. Michael and his friends are separated in the jungl
I thought this was another thrilling continuation of this series. Though I do not find it to be REALLY amazing, I did enjoy myself with the adventure, at least a 4.25.

Michael is a really interesting character to read since he is far from the male characters I have read so far in YA literature. He exudes a lot more confidence than most male YA characters. He is very passionate being who just wants what most of us want, deep down.

I also liked that this is another YA book that does not focus mainly
Michael has managed to destroy the largest Elgen plant that is located in Peru and he also has managed to get his mom back. But Hatch is not very pleased with Michael and so while the Elgen hunt him down, he tries to disappear into the forest to meet up with the friends he has lost. Will he meet someone else that is a "Glow" and will he get his friends back? "Battle of the Ampere" by Richard Paul Evans is about friendship, love, death, courage, and good vs. evil.
Michael Vey is back with another thrilling adventure, After Michael destroys largest elgen plant, half of peru is without electricity making michael a threat. Still in the amazon jungle michael has to get out and destroy the the elgens boat before they discover how to make more kids with electricity, Is micheal up for the challenge or will this be his last? The battle of the ampere is a book about courage, determinacy, love and sacrices
En bref, un troisième tome qui ne s’essouffle pas et qui nous tient en haleine de la première à la dernière page. On passe une nouvelle fois un excellent moment avec Michael et son Electroclan, on est curieux de voir de quelle manière ils vont agir et comment ils vont réussir (ou pas) à contrer les Elgen. L'auteur ne les épargne pas et nous permet de plonger dans cette aventure d'une manière très visuelle. Vivement la suite !
Jordan Reynolds
This book was amazing. Once again Richard Paul Evans gets you hooked on this book with all of the emotions, adventure, and action. The characters each have major roles in the story and urges you to read the next book. The book kept me reading until I was told to stop. For me it is hard to find a good book series, i'm lucky I found this series.
Michael Vey and 8 other teenagers (5 of them are electric including Michael) want to kill Hatch (a man who is trying to take over the world). However to do this they must sink his ship that he stays on for a long time. So Michael and his friends make a plan. They put the plan to action. Then when they finish sinking Hatch's ship they rejoice only to find out Hatch is still alive. Michael Vey Battle of the Ampere is about bravery, hope, and friendship.
This series is getting GOOOOOOOODDDD!

The character development is on point, the world building is mind-blowing and best of all, NO LOVE TRIANGLES!!!

Happy days!!!

Another great book by Richard Paul Evans. Every piece of writing, keeps me wanting to read. The main character has to deal with many problems, but overall he overcomes them with the Electroclan. With it the main character, Michael Vey, has to deal with his enemies. Overall, this was a great book and I like how the author left it with a big cliff hanger.
One word to describe this book.

When we think the book can't get any worse it does. And the quality of the series is constantly decreasing...

Unlike other Michael vey books I wasn't happy with this.
I didn’t like this one quite as much as the first two books of the Michael Vey series, although it was good. Perhaps it’s because all of the electric kids – the “Electroclan” – are now mostly aware of their powers, so it isn’t as much of a surprise that they get out of the pickles they wander into as it was with the earlier books, which seemed more dramatic somehow.

Still, this is one of the better YA series that is out there – there is romance, for instance, but it’s quite clean, and there is no
I wanted to wait a couple days before writing a review to let things settle in my mind a bit. So, it's been 2 days since I finished the book - I sat down to write a review and can't even remember anything specific I was going to say. Perhaps that in and of itself speaks volumes (ha ha) about the book.

Sort of a "by the numbers" bit of literature. Not a single surprise in the plot (or writing) for me. I'm glad I read it so I can talk about it with my younger reading friends, but overall - I don't
Battle of the Ampere is the best out of the three Michael Vey books. It started in the Peru jungle where Michael was in the end of Rise of the Elgen. In the jungle Michael encounters the Amacarra tribe, who introduce him to the seventeenth electric child, Tessa. Michael and Tessa go to the Elgen prison and free the rest of the Electroclan. Reunited the Electroclan and a man named Jaime go to sink the Ampere, the Elgen base of operations. I CANNOT wait for the last book.
I liked this book, but I was really disappointed, it wasn't as good as the other two. It was doing great up until the last 3/4 of the book. It was really rushed after that. I felt like Mr. Evans just rushed through the ending to meet a publisher date. I feel like he's almost just trying to drag out the series to make more money off of it. Again, good book but disappointing when compared to the others. I hope he doesn't try to drag the series on too long, he needs to resolve the current plot and ...more
I agree with many of the reviews who say this book starts a bit slow. I personally like that, unlike previous times, Evans takes the time to describe some events in more detail. Also, it's not all action, action, action, it works a bit harder on character. However, alas, the characters he has established in Hatch and some of the others, just aren't deep enough that you want to spend any time with them. Which is the inherent flaw of this series. The teens are just too obvious and not layered in m ...more
A good, solid three stars - nothing amazing, but I liked it. The books are all following a very predictable course: the classic plot of laying out a completely insurmountable task, detailing all the reasons it's virtually impossible ("One does not simply walk into Mordor"), then somehow coming through it at the last minute. We get to meet another of the electric children, Tessa, she's kind of a brat. The writing continues to be on the cheesy side, one character actually said "YOLO" at one point ...more
In the third installment of Michael Vey, Michael and the Electroclan must escape the Peruvian jungle in hopes to escape the Elgen and the government (who are led to believe that the teens are terrorists). The Electroclan's endgame? Take the Ampere--a super yacht that serves as the Elgen's capital in their seafaring nation.

Once again I enjoyed Michael and his ability to narrate a good story (or rather, Richard Paul Evans's ability). The climax was the fastest moving part of the book, so I gobbled
  • Air Keep (Farworld, #3)
  • Curse of the Broomstaff (Janitors, #3)
  • The Rogue Knight (Five Kingdoms, #2)
  • The Avatar Battle (Cragbridge Hall, #2)
  • Psion Gamma (Psion, #2)
  • The Princess of Trelian (Trelian, #2)
  • The Ascension: A Super Human Clash (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #5)
  • Sorcerers and Seers (Tennis Shoes #11)
  • Sands of Nezza (Adventurers Wanted, #4)
  • The Golden Spiral (Hourglass Door, #2)
  • Ransom (Bodyguard, #2)
  • Villains Rising (The Cloak Society, #2)
  • Dead Zone  (Blackout, #2)
  • Ambush (Pillage, #3)
  • The Secret War (Jack Blank Adventure, #2)
  • Sir Quinlan and the Swords of Valor (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #5)
  • The Guardian, Book 2: To Run With The Swift
When Richard Paul Evans wrote the #1 best-seller, The Christmas Box, he never intended on becoming an internationally known author. His quiet story of parental love and the true meaning of Christmas made history when it became simultaneously the #1 hardcover and paperback book in the nation. Since then, more than eight million copies of The Christmas Box have been printed. He has since written ele ...more
More about Richard Paul Evans...

Michael Vey (6 books)
  • The Prisoner of Cell 25 (Michael Vey, #1)
  • Rise of the Elgen (Michael Vey, #2)
  • Hunt for Jade Dragon (Michael Vey, #4)
  • Storm of Lightning (Michael Vey, #5)
  • Untitled  (Michael Vey, #6)

“One need not fight every battle, or die in the struggle, to be a hero.” 6 likes
“Fate is an excuse for people who are too stupid or too weak to make their own future," he said.” 2 likes