Start by marking “The Zodiac Collector” as Want to Read:
The Zodiac Collector

The Zodiac Collector

For almost-16 year-old Anne Devans, the annual Renaissance
Faire means three things—her dad spending weeks in the smithy, her bipolar mom doing some manic costume making, and another ruined birthday for her and her twin sister, Mary.

This year, Anne wants things to be different, and she's going to do things her way.

On the eve of the Faire, Anne (along with a reluctant Mary)
Published July 15th 2014 by Spencer Hill Press

To ask other readers questions about The Zodiac Collector, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Zodiac Collector

Suze Lavender
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Anne and Mary are twins and their star sign is Gemini. Their parents work hard to earn money at the Renaissance Faire, which is always being held in the days around their birthday. Their mother is a manic depressive dressmaker, whose condition is significantly worse during the days of the faire. Anne and Mary want a normal birthday where everything evolves around them instead of promoting their mother's dresses. Sixteen is a special age and because of that their grandmother gives the twins each ...more
Isis
I would like to thank Spencer Hill Press and NetGalley for granting me a copy of this e-ARC to read in exchange for an honest review. Though I received this e-book for free that in no way impacts my review.

Goodreads Blurb:
For almost-16 year-old Anne Devans, the annual Renaissance

This year, Anne wants things to be different,
April Wood
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Please check out my full review @ http://aprillwood.wordpress.com/2014/...

“The renaissance faire wrecks my birthday every year.”

Twin sisters Anne and Mary want a Sweet 16 birthday party, and in order to have one, they must plan it themselves by any means possible… even magick. Their bi-polar mother is busy creating gowns for the renaissance faire, and their father has his own shoppe where he keeps occupied, and away from his manic wife, their mother.

Anne receives an early birthday gift from her
Amanda (Dracula Reads Books)
This book had a lot of potential but it was poorly executed. The writing dragged on describing insignificant and mundane things in great detail yet big events weren’t nearly as well written or detailed. I mean it’s cool that I can visualize the exact Renn Faire outfit their wearing but it’s makes the book drag a lot. I also feel like some characters were flat even our MCs. I’m not sure about the mom’s bipolar disorder being accurate. There was also mention of her self harming but it was quickly ...more
Katarina
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really likes this book. a lot.

A well-written and very unique story, with smart and likable characters, unlike any other book I've read. Since I read so much, it doesn't happen very often that I come across a truly unique book, which captivates me from the first page. There was nothing I didn't like, and lots that I liked a lot.

There are lots of plot twists and lots of action. Throw in some mystery and magic, good writing and awesome characters, and you have a winner on your hands.

5 out of 5
Kelly Hager
Sep 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book is incredibly fun and fairly creepy for something that's not meant to be horror.

I think the biggest strength of this novel is the way that Laura Diamond writes sympathetic characters. Even though Anne makes the worst possible decision every single time, I still liked her and wanted her to be able to defeat Zeena.

Also, I absolutely loved Mary (Anne's twin). I think she's an incredibly good balance for Anne (and vice versa) and the two together are just almost impossible to beat.

This is
Ruthsic
Sep 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
For almost-16 year-old Anne Devans, the annual Renaissance

On the eve of the Faire, Anne (along with a reluctant Mary) conjures up a spell that will make their 16th birthday party a whirlwind event.Little do they know that it's a literal reques
Suze Lavender
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Jessica
Nov 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I really loved this book! I've read very few books in which the main character was a twin and I've got to say I enjoyed the connection of these twin sisters. Yes, they bickered and had different ideas about certain things; they even had totally opposite personalities but in the end they were there for each other one hundred percent and that was a nice take on things.

I loved how the author made this world of magic; it was a nice different way to use magic that has not been overdone. And the auth
Arielle
Aug 07, 2015 rated it liked it
This would be a good book for teens I think. But Anne was very impulsive and messing everyone's lives just like the antagonist did. So I think Anne saw what would happen if she had continued to think that magic would make her happy. For that, I give it a 3.3
BookLoversLife
Have to put this aside for a bit. Didn't like the MC and found myself not caring about the story. I struggled to reach 50% and then had to put it aside.
James
Nov 09, 2015
Vicki
Nov 17, 2015
Laura Diamond
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Kimberly fraze
  • Dreambender
  • In Real Life
  • The Traveler's Wake
  • Flight of the Golden Harpy
  • Pendulum (The Neumarian Chronicles, #2)
  • The Elementalists
  • Sword of Deaths (The Scythe Wielder's Secret Book 2)
  • The Scorched Earth (The Chaos Born, #2)
  • Nirvana (Nirvana #1)
  • Bound (The Caelian Cycle #2)
  • Archon's Queen (The Awakened, #2)
  • Out of the Pit (Five, #2)
  • Sacrifice (Daughters of Lilith, #3)
  • Ghetto
  • Viola Doyle or An Unconventional Gift
  • Assassin Queen (Majat Code, #3)
  • Fragile Destiny (The Aether Chronicles, #3)
  • Sky Pirates (The Chronicles of Light and Shadow, #3)
Laura Diamond is a board certified psychiatrist currently specializing in emergency psychiatry. She is also an author of all things young adult—both contemporary and paranormal. An avid fan of sci-fi, fantasy, and anything magical, she thrives on quirk, her lucid dreams, and coffee. When she’s not working or writing, she can be found sniffing books and drinking a latte at the bookstore or at home ...more