Start by marking “Playing the Game” as Want to Read:
Playing the Game

Playing the Game

PlayLand Inc. careens toward bankruptcy, and its CEO is comatose. Maura Ramirez, head of Human Resources, battles the egos, incompetence, and backstabbing of her fellow executives as she scrambles to save the toy company. Meanwhile, a murderer lurks among them.
This thriller portrays real-world corporate chaos, reminiscent of Michael Crichton’s Disclosure and Scott Adams’s
Published October 1st 2013 by Rickover Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Playing the Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Playing the Game

Sara Rickover
Jun 22, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
This is my own book, so I won't rate it. But I'd be delighted to answer questions from any readers.
Lynn
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
Playing the Game is fast-paced, entertaining, and wonderfully written! Even after delving into just the first chapter, I realized how much work Sara Rickover put into developing fully fleshed out characters with psychological traits and flaws that explain their position within the company and their actions. I'm also impressed with Sara's thorough research which was done to provide accurate details about a myriad of situations beyond her own experience and expertise in the operations of organizat ...more
Kenneth Eade
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When Rick Players (CEO of toy company Playland) suffers a tragic accident, Playland's head of HR, Maura Rodriguez, must fight the corporate America fight to keep the company afloat. This has all the trappings of a great tale of corporate fiction, but throw murder into the mix and you have a thriller. The story was so well written, I sailed through it in just one day. A brilliant story wrapped around reality, with believable characters and a plausible plot makes this novel one of the best choices ...more
Theresa
Oct 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: good-read, good-story
A realistic depiction of corporate America in a fast-paced thriller. My Book Club of professional women read it and thought it was true to their experience. I strongly recommend to those who know what members of upper management are thinking . . . or who want to know.
C.M. Lance
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A wonderfully written novel. Although it deals with a corporate crisis and chaos, it reads like a thriller. It kept me up nights to find out how the Playland team would manage through all the problems that surface. Rickover obviously understands the corporate world. I have over 30 years of corporate experience as an engineer, accountant, marketer, and sales executive--in privately and publicly held firms--and it all rang true. Playing the Game is a good reminder of why I don't miss it.

Murder add