Start by marking “Stolen Time (The Time Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Stolen Time (The Time Series, #1)

Stolen Time

(The Time Series #1)

Tragedy has made Keaira wise beyond her twenty years. Forced to work for the General, a commanding man who blackmailed his way into her life, she was ordered to study self-defense and master knife throwing. In the hidden community of Shifters, falcons are considered weak, a fact which may ultimately save her life. To escape his cruelty, she will need to call upon her ...more
Published October 22nd 2013 by Tri Destiny Publishing (first published October 21st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Stolen Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stolen Time

Start your review of Stolen Time (The Time Series, #1)
Tasha Turner
Since I helped edit the book I don't feel it would be appropriate for me to rate it as I'm sure I'm biased.

I really like that this short novella is clean (no sex, no profanity). The shapeshifters are not the norm. This prequel is a good combination of humor, world building, an interesting plot, a dash of romance, a story of self-discovery. I think this series is going to get better with each book as the author grows.
Becky
Nov 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Review posted on my blog, Becky on Books.

Interesting idea with definite potential, but overall it just didn't quite get it done.

I liked the concept behind the story. The idea of an Egyptian connection to skin-walkers (people who can shift into nearly almost any animal at will) was a neat one--finally, all those murals in ancient Egyptian tombs with the human bodies/animal heads make perfect sense! ;) What bothered me, though, is that no connection was made to the Native American legends of
Laura Greenwood
Jan 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review forthcoming on http://a-reader-lives-a-thousand-live...

I received a copy of Stolen Time in exchange for my review.

Keaira grew up in the human world, having to learn for herself how to use her shifter abilities. After the death of her boyfriend, Shane, in a car crash, Keaira ends up blackmailed into working for the General, a skin-walker who believes that shifters are better than, and should rule over, humans. The General has plans for Keaira, mostly including matchmaking between her and
P.A. Warren
Nov 27, 2013 rated it liked it
I was given a copy for an honest review.

As a reviewer I oftentimes like to help out an author.While reading this story the Beta reader in me jumped out.I am giving Stolen Time a liberal 3 stars.I jumped back and forth between two and three stars.
I fully believe Stolen time has the potential to be a five star book as well as a five star series.Here are a few things that in my humble opinion need to be fixed I am doing this as If I beta read the book and I did not.
While reading about Keaira I
Kim
Oct 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads .

Despite the paranormal nature of the storyline, the book started off much like any contemporary book would. Then BAM – paranormal. I was sucked in from the beginning because I really liked Keaira and Shane. She was mysterious, but likable. He was just a sweetheart. Together they were fantastic.

That said, I was fairly surprised at the turn of events this book took right from the beginning. I was more than a little sad, too. The sadness stuck with
Lorelle
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I like the world, and the concept of the General. I still cant say I know much about Keaira as a person though, and I felt that I needed more insight to her past (view spoiler)
Julie
Stolen Time by Angela Rae Harris is the start of her The Time Series, and is a novella. Stolen Time is also Harris’s debut novel. The general (main bad guy) is a real nasty piece of work, he is a master manipulator.

The heroine starts out as a real shy girl. Her boyfriend is totally into her, and she seems a little skittish, but Keaira is very wary, and we find out why throughout the book. I love the twists throughout the book.

Hmmmmm !!!! There are a few points of view, and it does get tend to
Heather Anne
Oct 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this novella and the story line is possessed. I just wish it had been a little longer! :) The beginning of it grasped my attention and left me wanting to read more. I felt like the characters were very well developed and this story allowed for the reader to delve into a world of shape shifters, which isn’t the norm in many reads today. The main character Keaira has experienced a lot in her short life, but but proves herself to be strong and one to admire.
It’s a quick read, but
Denise
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This sort story was quite good. I liked the shifter element. The story line was easy to follow and is well thought out. The characters are all great. Well written. A good add to your tbr list. Recommended read.
Meagan
Ibrium
added it
Sep 09, 2014
Angela Rae Harris
Nov 19, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Dark Luna Rose
Apr 05, 2015
Jen
Dec 06, 2013
Dona
Jan 20, 2014
Urban Fantasy Afi...: Stolen Time January Buddy Read Novella 21 16 Feb 05, 2014 10:19PM
Stories of Hope ~ Creating Dreams

Angela is an author, a wife, mother of two, and a part-time assistant office manager. She loves nights when her husband cooks for the family. Her two kids keep her hopping and help her tap into her well of creativity and imagination when playing with them. Family activities include day trips, hiking, going to the coast, and car shows on weekends in the summer. It's
“You meet someone who changes your world and when they leave you’re left as a stranger in the world. You don’t even know yourself. - Keaira” 16 likes