Start by marking “العادات السبع للناس الأكثر فعالية” as Want to Read:
العادات السبع للناس الأكثر فعالية

العادات السبع للناس الأكثر فعالية

4.10  ·  Rating details ·  443,536 ratings  ·  8,899 reviews
When Stephen Covey first released The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, the book became an instant rage because people suddenly got up and took notice that their lives were headed off in the wrong direction; and more than that, they realized that there were so many simple things they could do in order to navigate their life correctly. This book was wonderful ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 413 pages
Published (first published August 15th 1989)

Emeka Elo-Chukwuma This was discovered by Victor Frankl during the period of his torture by his Nazi captors where he could observe himself in that very involvement.
…more
Between stimulus and response, man has the FREEDOM TO CHOOSE Within the freedom to choose are those endowments that make us uniquely human.
-Self-awareness
-Imagination
-Conscience
-Independent will(less)
Sally Hassan Ding! The question was on effectiveness and you have stated it as a solution. Very ambiguous,and a nominalisation in itself. Also. Authortitative…moreDing! The question was on effectiveness and you have stated it as a solution. Very ambiguous,and a nominalisation in itself. Also. Authortitative isn't always effective. Go back to page 1(less)

·  443,536 ratings  ·  8,899 reviews

Start your review of العادات السبع للناس الأكثر فعالية
Stephen
Apr 27, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Photobucket
I would like to make clear that David Hasselhoff's appearance in this review should in no way be deemed to imply that I endorse or support his career in any way whatsoever.Thank you for your understanding.

FIVE "PRACTICAL" HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE

First, a few comments on the seven so-called “habits” identified in the book, namely:

1.Be proactive,
Chad Warner
Mar 30, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Chad by: Jeff Disher
This book explains 7 principles that make a person more effective personally and professionally. Covey shows how a principle-centered, character-based life helps you build the healthy relationships that are key to an effective life. This classic is well worth reading for its perspective and practical advice.

Concepts
Correct Principles: Covey frequently references his Christianity. He says the Habits are based on "Correct Principles" (aka Natural Law) found in Judeo-Christian scriptures and common
Virginia
Sep 19, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Ever since I worked at the bookstore at Virginia Tech, I would watch the douchebag* business major undergrads buy this book for their classes and look down upon them, and the book by association, as, well, douchebags.

*This is not to say that all undergrad business majors are douchebags. I've met one really really awesome one. Additionally, after working at a major university bookstore, a majority of all undergrad students can be fairly classified as douchebags. Jebus.

Consequently, I never picked
Malbadeen
Oct 25, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people that don't think Stephen Covey has enough money
I think the sign of a great book is when, right inside the cover there is a pull out brochure that encourages you to order more of the authors products - that's some quality shit when you see that.

But the book itself, well it has charts: flow charts, boxed charts, circle charts, up and down charts, sideways charts, charts with arrows, charts with triangles and charts with dotted lines.
This book uses words like "synergy" and "proactive"....repeatedly
This book has "application suggestions".
This
Manny
- Hon, did you sleep okay? You look kinda weird.

- Well, I don't know how to say this...

- I had this dream where I talked with God.

- Was She black?

- No, I'm serious! I did! It was, like, utterly real. It was the most real thing that's ever happened to me.

The rest of this review is available elsewhere (the location cannot be given for Goodreads policy reasons)

Jan-Maat
Jul 29, 2011 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Pilgrims who think that vanity fair is no vanity
Recommended to Jan-Maat by: A course tutor
This was recommended reading following on from a course and I found it to be an odd mix of the homely and the disturbing.

On the whole it's probably the dogmatic air of absolute certainty that I find disturbing, that and the way he describes how he reduced his son to tears over keeping the garden in good order. Reading this book is rather like having a very one-sided conversation with a particularly earnest and opinionated drunk who isn't shy to jab you in the chest with a fore-finger to
MJ Nicholls
Apr 14, 2013 marked it as getting-even  ·  review of another edition
One of the most-highlighted books on Kindle, proving that human beings thrive on snappy buzz-quotes written by middle managers like David Brent who partake of the music of M People and Steely Dan Kool & The Gang, and whose souls were long ago vacuumed out in a boardroom somewhere during a PowerPoint presentation. Regard:

What you are shouts so loudly in my ears I cannot hear what you say.

This incoherent drivel has the most highlights. Regard the faux-profound self-importance of the “cannot”
Pouting Always
An okay book if you don't know how to manage your life it's probably really helpful but if you've thought about how to make yourself more productive or effective a lot of it's intuitive. Also like a lot of these books can only tell you things you have to make the changes yourself which is always the hard part so. This one was better written than most which I appreciate.
Nora
I read only the first twenty pages of this book, and that was enough to make me want to gouge out my own eyeballs. It is so repetitive and the author just gives all these ridiculous, impossible analogies that you're supposed to relate to or learn something from. He goes on for pages about himself and his job and his wife and kids. Totally unnecessary. It really is all just common sense stuff that you already know, but preached at you over the course of pages and pages of utter nonsense. For ...more
Kay
Oct 16, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: myownbooks
easy to read :) but hard to do :D hahahah
Calista
Holy cow, this is a book people either hate or they think it's great. There were so many one's. I didn't read the book so I didn't see all the charts. I listened to this in my car and so it was just the writing bits.

What I really enjoy about this book is these habits he describes are based on universal principles. Every religion uses these underlying ideas. They feel universal to me. I really appreciate how he describes win-win. I have not been living in win-win and it made so much sense. I
Manuel Antão
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2004
If you're into stuff like this, you can read the full review.

Own Rituals: “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” by Stephen R. Covey

(original review, 2004)

"To learn and not to do is really not to learn. To know and not to do is really not to know."

"Love is a verb. Love – the feeling – is the fruit of love the verb or our loving actions. So love her. Sacrifice. Listen to her. Empathize. Appreciate. Affirm her."

"At some time in your life, you probably had someone believe in you when you didn't
Michael Finocchiaro
I found this book a bit condescending and with too much of a religious feel to it. It also felt a little insincere and manipulative. I remember that everyone was reading it and swearing by it and that the author must have made millions on seminars and the like, but I found it too close to a cultish mentality and was unsurprised when several adepts of the book later tried dragging me in to pyramid schemes like Amway. Empty platitudes are not really incredibly useful. Read GTD instead!
Greg
Inspirational, developmental, and practical -- what a combination! The principles of behavior covered in this groundbreaking and long-respected book are of great worth to anyone seeking success in career, family, or any other aspect of their life. Covey discusses first the actions we must take (or habits we must develop) internally first - getting our heads and hearts right first. These include being proactive, beginning with the end in mind, and putting first things first. These constitute the ...more
Stacey
Aug 20, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my Gawd, how much did I hate this one. We had to read this the summer before a freshman college Intro to Business Class - perhaps I read it at the wrong age? When Steven Covey starts talking about his kid mowing the lawn and the motivation behind it...ugh!

Needless to say, I only got through about 2 of the 7 habits - I guess I'm not a highly effective person. And I will not be purchasing any of Mr Covey's time management calendar systems either, thank you very much.
Ann
Jul 03, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is my husband's favorite book. Obviously he is more effective than I am.

Dividing my life into squares, writing in those squares the things I have to do, then doing the "most important" may make me effective, but is that my best life?

Choosing to do the things that I want to do rather than the things I need to do, adds interest to my existence. If I take the scenic route, and run out of gas doing it, I find adventure, and often meet AAA wrecker drivers who could write books on their
Amit Mishra
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An outstanding book that leads you to the different dimensions of positivity. The author has suggested some fundamental psychological facts about our life. All seven habits suggest in the book is really awesome. If you will follow all these minutely then surely you will end up your life with a big name and fame.
Joe
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I bought The Seven Habits at a yard sale for $1 with little knowledge of its contents. Years later, when my life dipped to a low ebb of meaning and motivation, I picked it off the shelf in hopes of finding a spark. Inside I found wisdom, compassion, a direct approach and a love of humanity.

The result wasn't immediately transformative. The methods and techniques Covey espouses didn't fall into place and turn me into a whirlwind of positive productivity. Reading The Seven Habits was just one of
Corinne
I had to read this book for a professional development seminar. Then, I re-read it again, for personal reasons. It’s a book that is rich and dense, but worth the time and energy.

The first notion that struck me was ‘the fundamental shift of perception’, which changes our perspective on things in matter of seconds. When I rose above myself and did this, all of a sudden I was not the same person. Quite a few things that I’ve been trying very hard to change for a long time, changed almost
Emma Sea
I'm not able to rate this fairly as a reader coming to it in 2017. This was one of the first "personal development" books, and the other 4 thousand books I've read on the topic all borrow from it heavily. The thing is, they borrow from it, and then make it better in every way: more interesting, more relevant, better writing, more concise writing, better anecdotes and examples.

This is a classic, but I don't recommend reading it.

Rosie Nguyễn
Jun 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It took me months to finish the book, as I kept practicing and re-read the habits from time to time. Besides, the book's contents is very compact that requires full focus to absorb all the ideas. But it's worth. Remind me of principles in life, giving practical guides on how to change ourselves, how important human interaction is. Praises are not enough for this powerful book. It's a must read book for a man in his quest for excellence.
Rowena
Nov 25, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This book was just alright. I was slightly disappointed as I have had this book recommended to me by countless people so I did expect better. I felt it could have been condensed to a quarter of its size easily.The book was also written in the 80s and I could easily tell (personally, I feel it's in need of a 21st Century update). I did give it 3-stars though because there were parts I found useful and interesting, especially the section about writing a mission statement for oneself. I guess this ...more
Farhan Khalid
Paradigm shift

We must look at the lens through which we see the world

We first have to change ourselves, have to change our perceptions

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are

The United States today is the fruit of paradigm shift

Paradigm is the source from which attitudes and behaviors flow

Listening

Listening involves patience, openness, and the desire to understand

Problem

The way we see the problem is the problem

Habit

The intersection of knowledge, skill and desire

Happiness

What we want now and
Carol Storm
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the most disappointing experiences of my life was going to Columbia University in hopes of an education -- by which I mean being taught how to deal with people, and my own emotional needs, and make plans for my future. This was in the mid-eighties. Well, the books I had to read at Columbia had nothing to do with anything as mundane as making a living or liking yourself or understanding how to work constructively with other people.

I really, really wish I had read this book as a Columbia
Jenny (Reading Envy)
This book changed how I worked and how I set goals. It isn't the feel-good self-help book it appears.

Read again before going back to work in January 2014. I think it's fitting that the first time I read this, I was in grad school and planning for the future, and that I would read it again as I leave behind the career I was planning for back then. Well, somewhat. I'm letting music librarianship go and focusing on being an assistant director in the library, and also to figuring out what the next
Zahra MiresmaIli
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Undoubtedly, this one is one of the qualified sort of psychological books. If you feel confused working out your life issues and having problem get them organized you can resort to this book for figuring out what is best to do. I liked the last part most which is about the great effects of physical activities and qualified foods on mental health and improving mentally. To sum up, it recommended us to first undrestand every thing and then go for the rest....
Steve
Sep 08, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychology
I borrowed this book from the library and I liked it enough to buy my own copy.

Unlike other self-help books, there is no flim-flam here. Right at the beginning of the book Covey tells readers that none of his advice will work unless the reader works, hard. At the end of the book Covey reveals that he struggles with his own advice.

If you are an amotivated person who starts things and who does not finish them, this book will not give you a trick to make sticking to a plan easy.

What this book tells
Fuzaila
I don't think any of this is something I can actually implement and live with.

This was how I felt while reading -

1. Be proactive? Yeah sure, just tell me how.
2. Begin with the end in mind? Helpful.
3. Put first things first? Well, I need someone to get my priorities in order for me.
4. Think Win/Win? Was I thinking of Lose-Lose all the time?
5. Seek first to understand ...then to be understood? Doesn't that imply we've all been un-understanding all this time?
6. Synergize? Cool, fancy words now!
Peter
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Principles
This is one of those seminal pieces of work that everyone should read. It is not a business book, it is not a marriage help book, it is not a parenting book and it is not a friendship book. It is a book about YOU in a holistic context. It is about causing you to think about your core defining traits; personality, character, principles and ethics. In other words, it is NOT a quick self-help book it is about instilling fundamental habits, 7 to be exact. These habits take us from our base
Looking for practice/study buddies 7 77 Aug 31, 2019 02:46AM
Practice Seven Habits 3 51 May 27, 2019 02:22PM
#debtfreecommunity: April: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People 1 15 Apr 13, 2019 08:14AM
Shawnigan Reads: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People 3 7 Jan 11, 2019 08:32AM

• How to Win Friends and Influence People
  • Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future
  • Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
  • Now, Discover Your Strengths
  • The Power of Positive Thinking
  • The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life
  • Outliers: The Story of Success
Stephen Richards Covey was the author of the best-selling book, "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People". Other books he wrote include "First Things First", "Principle-Centered Leadership", and "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Families". In 2004, Covey released "The 8th Habit". In 2008, Covey released "The Leader In Me—How Schools and Parents Around the World Are Inspiring Greatness, One ...more
“But until a person can say deeply and honestly, "I am what I am today because of the choices I made yesterday," that person cannot say, "I choose otherwise.” 2418 likes
“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” 1415 likes