Start by marking “The Hazel Tree” as Want to Read:
The Hazel Tree

The Hazel Tree

The Hazel Tree revisits a classic Cinderella tale of abuse and sought after freedom from the confines of a cruel life.

Ivy Lune is not your ordinary girl for within her blood flows the secrets of an ancient species of werewolf; a secret that also foretells of a great war and a struggle for ultimate supremacy. Ivy lives a life of isolation torment at the hands of her aunt an
Published October 16th 2013 by Julia Debski (first published October 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Hazel Tree, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hazel Tree

Kristen Cansler
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: r2r

As someone with limited experience with fairy tales and their retellings, I really enjoyed The Hazel Tree by Julia Debski. The twists work perfectly for the story that the author is trying to tell. It was a unique tale that I found myself sucked into without any regret.

There are certain parts of the story that do lag and feel out of place, but overall I found myself enjoying the pacing of the story. The ending was the major downfall for me. I felt like there was more of the story to be told, a
Cassidy Lynn
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read this book twice now and still get chills. I loved it back in high school and I love it even more now.
Linda
Mar 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-shifters
3.5 Stars

I'm starting to become aware of the fact that I say this a lot lately, but well, when it's true, what can I say? So here it goes...this book was good and had the potential for being great, but for a couple of things. The first was I wasn't sure if I was reading something that was set in current times or more of a historical perspective. And that may have just been the writing style. When I finally realized this book was actually set in current times or perhaps the future is that in this
Lori Palle
May 08, 2014 rated it liked it
“It appears that there is indeed someone who can tame the beast. Who would have thought it would be this frail thing.”—a councilman

Ivy’s life is one of servitude, imprisoned in her home by those that are supposed to love her. When she sees a chance to obtain her freedom, she takes it, not knowing that by leaving her prison, she would face a world that is far more terrifying. In her werewolf world, alphas vie for her heart, but her secret may get her and those she loves killed…

“The boss wasn’t ki
Adrienne
Feb 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Hazel Tree by Julia Debski is an interesting take on a Cinderella story. This fairy tale goes far beyond the traditional story though. The author deftly adds in werewolves and old secret bloodline feuds that turn this novel into a fantastical story that isn't quite like anything you've read before. This is no Twilight (or any other popular young adult fantasy) copycat!

There are some places in the book that could use a little more polishing, but for a first novel that has been self-published
Lauren
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite
A couple of years ago (when 'The Hazel Tree' was called 'Cinderella Wolf') I read the fist half of this book and remember thinking 'it's ok, but I probably wouldn't buy it'. Oh how my view on it has changed. I just stumbled across it again, and the amazing cover art is what first caught my eye, which was then followed by seeing the 1.99 eBook price. I just had to give it another go (who couldn't with that cover!?!). I was not disappointed. I picked it up and never put it back down. I had been st ...more
Hannah
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Hazel Tree was an absolutely beautiful book that had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. How could you not fall in love with this book? Julia is a brilliant writer and took a classic fairy tale, "Cinderella," and placed a mythical twist on it, involving wolves that truly allow the reader to fall into this amazing fantasy world. I felt like I was truly there with the imagery and the involvement of each character in Ivy's life. Amazing job, Julia! Keep it up!
LaShonta
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mf-shifters
It was good all the way until the last 2 chapters. They felt rushed. They also felt like they didn't belong with the rest of the story. There were tons of plot holes that got brushed over and not answered. The major fight scene was cut in the middle without an outcome. I was like WTF? We just got a brush over on the epilogue which still didn't explain much.

Because of this I can only give this 2 stars.
Kimberly Marie
Aug 24, 2014
Swoog
Asoudh
Julia
Oct 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Dfgwegwdgd
Cindy
Pamela
Lyndsy
Apr 03, 2014
Julia Debski was born in Warsaw, Poland in 1996. Her family moved around a lot during her childhood before finally settling down in Chattanooga, Tennessee. It wasn't until the 8th grade that she found her passion for writing. It was thanks to a particularly inspiring English teacher and a story that needed to be told. So she began to write, and she never stopped.

Four years later she found herself