Start by marking “The Sweetest Game (The Perfect Game, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Sweetest Game (The Perfect Game, #3)

The Sweetest Game

(The Perfect Game #3)

This is the third (and final) installment in Jack & Cassie's story!

“It’s one hell of a sledgehammer to the chest when your baseball career comes to an end. It’s like you finally realize that baseball never loved you back. All the sleepless nights, the hours spent at the gym trying to stay fit, the conditioning, the training, the mental preparation, the holiday’s misse
Published December 25th 2013 (first published December 11th 2013)

Katy Loves Romance ❤️
5 Beautiful stars

I'm going to keep this review simple and easy it's going include a few pictures of my memories of well this series as a whole. This conclusion was to me a giant big 'epilogue' really it tidied all those ends that were left feeling okay but not complete this DID, it showed me how they lived with baseball in their lives, being married, how their family coped how their relationship survived it was great. I mean there was lots of lovely sexy moments, lots of friendly moments, lots
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

Jack fcuking Carter we love you!

"Every moment with you is never enough; I always want more. And I always will."

Jack shocked us, hurt us and then redeemed himself and went on to steal our hearts.

In this last installment Jack and Cassie are faced with new challenges which initially scare us but turn out to be the best thing that could've happened!

Jack and Cassie wow these two are so in love I'm even jealous!

I cannot rate this 5 stars because these two were so in love and so perfect that it irrita
Sara
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hell yes!! This is how you wrap up the last book of a series!! Hands down loved every page. Thank you for not desecrating jack and Cassie and their love. Thank you for keeping the integrity of their characters and their love. Thank you for no over the top bullshit drama. Thank you for giving me a more than just a happy ending. Thank you for not making Cassie annoying. The moment she realized jack was her home, and all she needed.... Beautiful.

I loved Jack fucking carter! I loved Cassie. I didn'
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

“I’m Harry Potter, remember?”

This is the last book for Jack and Cassie and I was eager to see how things would work out. Obviously, we know they do work out and that there will be a whole lot of drama.

Jack and Cassie are even closer and determined to make things work. Then Jack's career takes a hit and it affects him like no other. Anyone who's known someone with an athletic career can understand, I'm just not sure that Jack didn't go too far.

That brings Dean and Melissa into the picture
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
Dec 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
OMG...I lost my whole damn review!!!! UGH, PISSY!!!

Well, here is the short and sweet of it...JACK F'N CARTER...

I loved that Jack and Cassie have their HEA and that no matter what happens they will always be there for one another. I love that these two have grown up and found that ever after kind of love. This has amazing internal dialogue with epiphany moments that are so heartfelt. Just know that there is nothing better than Jack carter looking into the eyes of his newborn child...And for all o
romance enthusiast
Oct 31, 2013 marked it as to-read
I cant believe there will be one last book, who would have thought? Anyways, I'll try to give this another chance, because book 2 completely disappoint me, I wish this book will not.
Linda
Oct 29, 2013 rated it really liked it

My beautiful Kitten. My heart. My soul. The only thing in this world I love more than baseball.

I have to be honest, I have a love hate relationship with this series. The first book "The Perfect Game" completely made me mad. Jack F'N Carter made me mad. Just thinking about what he did makes me mad all over again, lol. The second book was OK. That crazy girl from TPG made an appearance, and I wanted to toss her around the room a few times. The third and final book "The Sweetest Game" spanned so
✿kawehi.reviews
Dec 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: dec-2013
description

I don't know if it was out of glutton punishment but I had NEVER been a fan of Jack ever since he cheated on Cassie in book one and then left her for the other girl after.

Then in book two, I felt as if there was no story or character development and it basically ended on the same note that book one did.

As for this book, well, it was okay to say the least. It didn't make me squirm with giddiness but it also didn't annoy me...too much anyway...It was more so just blah throughout.

Jack, Jack..
Debbie
Jack F'n Carter!!!!!!!!!!!

This was me when I heard there would be a third book in this series

Now that I've read it, I'm all like

I know some readers have their britches all up in knots because there was even a third book in this series. As for me, a girl who is always chasing after happily ever afters, I welcomed it and ended up really enjoying it.

I know a lot of readers were turned off by Jack after book one. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to rip Jack's balls off too after he did what he did. Any
Fanny
Nov 20, 2013 rated it did not like it

Cuidado, esta reseña contiene spoilers!!

The Sweetest Game es el tercer y ultimo libro ( gracias a Dios )de la serie The Perfect Game escrita por J. Sterling.
Antes que nada debo avisar que si son fan de esta serie o de su protagonista, Jack Carter no les va gustar esta reseña!

description

Llevaba esperando poder este libro desde hace un tiempo, no porque sea una fan de esta saga sino porque queria " quitarmela de encima " y porque tenia mucha curiosidad morbosa sobre lo que se sacaria la autora de la manga pa
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
A wonderful conclusion for this series. On some reason, Jack and Cassie grew on me despite of the headaches they gave me. Seeing them more matured than ever is simply enough to make me happy.

I finally get to appreciate them. Especially Jack Carter and I ended up liking his character. Out of the three books, this is probably my favorite because the drama is better than the previous two books. Overall, I enjoyed the series.
Anne OK
Dec 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-reads
For me this was the best of the three -- probably because Jack finally proved his worth. This series of books is everything that makes reading delightful in contemporary romance -- with the added specialty of sports-themed. I loved it all -- the good, the bad, the ugly and especially the perfect and "sweetest" happily ever after between Jack and his Kitten. It was a joy to watch these two grow from young college students into the capable and responsible adults they became. There are so many wond ...more
Beth Hudspeth
May 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017-reads
I finished. Now I can get on with my life.

__
__

This series was a gift so I feel super obligated to finish.
Lindsay
Dec 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Well...I have to say that while I knew there was a third book in the works, I thought it was going to be about Jack's brother. And I was fine with that. I wanted his story. I wasn't anticipating a third book about Cassie and Jack when I felt the second book wasn't needed. But, I'm apparently glutton for punishment because I gave in and read this anyway.

Just reading the synopsis told me that something was going to happen to Jack's career and that would cause angst for him and Cassie. And it didn
RCA
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Re-read via Audible 3/7/2015. I love this book. Newport Beach, Jack being a dick, Jack being a great hubs, Jack being a great father. Best Epi ever.

Jack and Cassie has been through so many trials and tribulations that I could not wait to see where their story would go and how it would end. This book starts after their wedding and ends with an Epi from their 17 year old son Chance.
Thank you Jenn Sterling for giving me a female character lead who is a strong, mature, professional, confident work
EMILY
Dec 05, 2013 marked it as the-book-graveyard
Merry fucking Christmas to us!
Angela Auten
Jennifer Reyes
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
*Swoon* When I first heard that there was going to be a THIRD Jack F'n Carter book I literally squealed. I fell in love with him, I hated him and then I fell for him once again in The Perfect Game and The Game Changer. To be quite honest I was excited to be getting more of Cassie and Jack's story as I will always want more of them, BUT I was a little scared as to WHAT this third book would deal with, or that it would have some unnecessary drama added to it to make it 'interesting'. I am quite ha ...more
Holly
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhhh this read was bittersweet for me! While I loved it and and thought it was the perfect ending to Jack and Cassie's story, I was sad knowing it was the final book. Jenn gave us a grand slam letting us experience married life and then some with Jack & Cassie (although Jack did have some momentary douchebaggery behavior when baseball turned on him for a bit) We see Dean and Melissa's wrap up as well. This really was a perfect ending to this series. Jack F'n Carter will always be one of my ...more
Christine
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
What a great ending to Jack and Cassie's story!! I really loved this series and enjoyed the ride Jenn took us on. Thank you for giving us Jack F'n Carter!!!
K3
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
“But I lost you. I had to get you back. Nothing comes easy. I fuck things up. I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before I fuck up baseball too.”
Jack and Cassie have been through so much. He has literally punched us in the stomach with some of his life altering decisions he has made. We have experienced the good, the bad, the ugly but most importantly the wonderful side of TRUE LOVE.
In the Perfect Game, Jack lost Cassie but eventually was able to win her back. The Game Changer Cassie struggled w
We like it big book blog
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hitting that final page of The Sweetest Game was definitely a bittersweet moment. This final installment to the Perfect Game series was perfectly done and I applaud J. Sterling for giving these two beloved characters the ending they so greatly deserved.

This final book was filled with tons of amplified swoon worthy moments which made be completely fall in love with Jack f'n Carter all over again.

The love between him and Cassie was clearly demonstrated by selfless acts and professions of their co
Chrissy
Dec 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Such an amazing end to an amazing series. I absolutely love Jack F’n Carter and Cassie! I saw this book download on my Kindle and as soon as I got it, I literally read it in one sitting, I didn’t care if I was thirsty, had to eat, etc. This was the perfect ending to a series, and to a Christmas day.

This story spans a lot of years and starts off with their wedding day, and ends in such an amazing way. There was a part of this book that I wanted to punch Jack in the face, but you understand w
TeriLyn
Oct 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm so happy J. Sterling gave us The Sweetest Game. After being disappointed with book 2 in this series, I was cautious about getting my hopes up for book 3. The Sweetest Game is absolutely worth reading if you're a fan of Jack and Cassie. The story allows us to experience Jack and Cassie's marriage, baseball, and subsequent events. I loved The Perfect Game so reading this made it all that much better for me. I honestly could skip right over book 2 if I ever wanted a Jack and Cassie re-read. If ...more
Daphney
teaser

tangled my fingers through the strands of her long hair, surprised at how soft it always felt. She stirred against me. “Morning, babe,” she said against my chest.

“Morning, Kitten.”

Her head shot up from my skin, leaving it cold and empty. “Oh my God. Do you remember what we heard last night?” She covered her mouth to stop from laughing too loudly.

I had forgotten. “We don’t know what we heard.”

“Oh, bullshit! You know as well as I do they were totally having sex in our guest room!”

“Maybe
♡Ann  Matalines♡

This is a good way to end the craptastic series. Marr
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
To be completely honest, I was not looking forward to reading this book at all. I loved the first book and hated the second one. But, I am happy to say that this might just be my favourite out of all three in the series.

It had the required drama for Jack and Cassie but there was also HUGE character development from the first book. There was no running away from their problems this time. They faced everything (view spoiler)
Cory
Dec 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was really excited when I found out there was another book in this series, and I wasn't disappointed in the least!

Another glimpse into the lives of Jack and Cassie, Dean and Melissa, and Gran and Gramps...and I loved it!

This book goes over a pretty long period of time so you really get to see Jack grow up. Believe me, he can still be a dumbass at times, but even then you have to love him.

I absolutely loved the epilogue, but that's all I'm going to write about that ;)

This ended their story quit
Aimen
One of the best conclusions to a series I've read in a long time! I absolutely loved it. And I also loved how the Epilogue was from Chance's perspective. Yeah, dirty as I sound, I totally have a crush on him.

I'll definitely miss Jack F'N Carter and his Kitten and the rest of the gang. Round of applause, J. Sterling! You blew my mind.

Also, I think this is the perfect casting for 16-year-old Chance!

Paige
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's been forever since I started this series. The first book was angst galore but I'm happy to say that the ending, while it had it's share of tension, was much less angsty and really focused on the marriage of Jack and his kitten. I loved getting more Dean and reading about his side story really kept me engaged in the plot when Jack and Cassie's story slowed down. The ending and epilogue deserved a whole star to itself. So flipping sweet.

• Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • The Game Changer: The Final Score (The Game Changer, #2)
  • The Legend (Racing on the Edge, #5)
  • Off Course (Off, #4)
  • Music of the Soul (Runaway Train, #2.5)
  • Drew + Fable Forever (One Week Girlfriend, #3.5)
  • Infinity. (Infinity, #4)
  • Euphoria (Book Boyfriend, #3)
  • Bring Me Home (Shattered Hearts, #4)
  • Hard to Love You (Love, #3)
  • The Ever After of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #4)
  • Hold Us Close (Keep Me Still, #1.5)
  • After the Rain (Rains, #1.5)
  • Crush (Crash, #3)
  • Wethering the Storm (The Storm, #2)
  • Torn (Connections, #2)
  • Avoiding Temptation (Avoiding, #3)
I write to give myself and others hope- hope that true love really does exist... hope that even when you think love isn't meant for you, it can still find you... and hope that there really are good guys out there who will fight for the right woman and never give up.

I live in California with my only son, Blake. If you can't find me sitting behind a computer screen, then there's a good chance I'm s

The Perfect Game (4 books)
  • The Perfect Game (The Perfect Game, #1)
  • The Game Changer (The Perfect Game, #2)
  • The Other Game (The Perfect Game, #4)
“Love is the one thing in this world worth taking a risk for. When you're older and you look back on the life you lived, you won't regret the fact that you took the chance to love someone. But you will regret the chances on love you didn't take. Especially the ones rooted in fear. They're only scary because you have the most to lose. You feel the most for them. Don't let the fear of losing love stop you from having the experience altogether.” 22 likes
“I’m yours. There will never come a time when I don’t belong to you. It’s you for me, or no one. You hear me? Only you. Only yours. Forever.” 15 likes