Start by marking “Combust (The Wellingtons, #1)” as Want to Read:
Combust (The Wellingtons, #1)

Combust

(The Wellingtons #1)

After years of being called a tease and then being labeled the Virgin Queen, Andi Kane decides that when she goes off to college, she's ready to ditch the labels. She's grabbing the bull by its horns and riding as wild as she can.

Fate must be smiling on her the night she meets Cohen Wellington, the cute boy-next-door and fellow music lover. Their connection is instant, and
Published August 19th 2014 (first published August 16th 2014)

• Lisa •
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
FIVE WELLINGTON STARS

"Fate. Destiny. Kismet. Whatever you want to call it, these two fall hard and fall fast."

description

I can almost guarantee that when I get my eager hands on a Tessa Teevan book that it will be reading time well spent. When I discovered that Tessa was writing a book involving younger characters to say I was just a tad excited would be an huge understatement in fact I was practically giddy with excitement. Everything that this author puts her writing talent to is a success and I'm stil
Christy
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!!!

photo 3ba65c35-f072-4daf-824d-e90540e4addd_zps24fe085f.jpg

There is something about these Wellington boys… When I first read Incinerate and met Knox’s little brother, Cohen, I knew I wanted more of him. I was so excited to hear Tessa was giving him his own book. It didn’t let me down! Combust was another fantastic 5 star read for me!

Cohen Wellington is the youngest of the Wellington boys. He’s just started college and he’s going his own way. He wants to study pre-med, not follow his fathers business like footsteps. Andi Kane is a college fre
Beverly
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Go Vols Stars

I first need to begin this review, by saying this book is set in Knoxville, TN, which happens to be my home. I first have to give props to Tessa for accurately portraying the lifestyle of a Univeristy of Tennessee student. I loved the shout to our bars and restaurants, and our loyal fans. I loved this book period, but I was so excited every time one of the characters went to a bar or restaurant I frequent.

Andi Kane is from Bethel, TN. Bethel is a tiny town and all there is to do
♥Sharon♥
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
 photo af3a0367-7661-4d71-96fc-7ea02ab25ed9_zpsf3bd82a9.jpg

I'm not sure what I love most about Tessa Teevan's writing. I love how she takes such care with handing over her characters to us as readers, I love how her stories have such a sense of reality and I love that her stories seem so genuine and natural. She makes it easy to fall in love with the main characters and your left feeling as though you were pulled in and plopped right in the middle of their lives. Tessa’s books always leaves my heart happy.

I will say, this one was a little different fo
Tessa Teevan
Apr 17, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

description

"So that’s it then? What am I? Your embarrassment? Your dirty little secret? I may not have rocked your world with my dick, but I have a pretty damn good memory of you moaning as my mouth made love to you, licking and sucking until you were writhing beneath me. I know I didn’t imagine your orgasm, and the way your fingers were gripping my hair relentlessly as you came. But was that not enough? Even after everything, I’m still a failure in your eyes? Oh, but it’s all good. Now you’ve got your fra
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
(ARC Kindly Provided by Author in Exchange for an Honest Review)
{BR with Melissa}

photo 2b780f5e931cf51362431060f3cbcc80_zpsdc654621.jpg

This is the fifth book I've read by Tessa, and I can honestly say, she continues to deliver fabulous stories with just the right amount of steam and each book boyfriend is better than the last.
I FREAKIN LOVED COHEN!!!!!

Where was this boy, when I was a freshman in college??!!!
Cohen Wellington is Knox's younger brother, we met him "Incinerate".
Never did I expect that he would be even more swoon wo
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
Tessa Teevan...so young, and so damn talented! She drops hot men and off the charts good romance like a seasoned pro. This author has an unique ability to write deep profound emotions with such a light tone. Her characters are so relatable and real. With each work she puts out I feel the pressure...Can she really keep up with this high standard she herself set? So far, she has nailed it...her success so well earned!

You see, I thought she could get no better than Knox Wellington...

Then she went
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Oct 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 "Just You. All I Want Is You." Stars!
(ARC provided by author)
(BR with Patty)

photo c6908748-b0a8-4487-b72b-df8b4bd2bc1f.jpg

photo a90d3048-2df6-4e86-a389-8b4baec12c40.jpg

Andi Kane aka Ruby is an 18 yr. old girl headed off to college with her best friend Reese. Andi is the daughter of the Mayor of her small town of Bethal, TN. She is used to living under the watchful eye of her father & the town & is looking forward to getting to college & spreading her wings. She wants to be free to experiment, have fun, & figure out what she wants to do with her future. She is excite
Jacqueline's Reads
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing

5 I-drop-my-panties-for-Cohen STARS

Okay, you can go ahead and do it. Slap me in the face. Why haven’t I picked up a Tessa Teevan book yet? I do.not.know.why!

But my cherry popped and Combust was so AWESOME, adorable, CUTE, LICKABLE (yes a book can be lickable) and kind of realistic (which is one of the reasons why I loved it so much).

Things I enjoyed :

College dynamics

Realistic expectations

No FLASHBACKS!

Totally cute moments

Romance and great character development

Rambling Thoughts…

Where do I even b
Catarina
4,5 Second Chance Stars.

Cohen and Andi met for the first time three years ago in college. She was looking for new adventures, he was looking for new experiences. They share an instant attraction and an amazing night… but fate gets in their way and they fall apart for the next three years. Until they meet again.

description

Now, three years later and Cohen being Andi tutor, they’re older, mature and know how to take advantage of second opportunities… or so they think.
Does their love will be right this time
* Meli Mel *

♥♥♥ 4 STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You're in every song, every note, and I only wish I had the ability to write the lyrics to your song."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

If you have read the Explosive series, then you will be familiar with Cohen. He is Knox Wellington's younger brother. I was super excited to read this one because I love me some Wellington men. And I have to say, Cohen nearly killed my freaking ovaries!!

Andi is in her first y
Maayan
♫ You and I, We're like fireworks and symphonies exploding in the sky.
With you, I'm alive .. Like all the missing pieces of my heart, they finally collide. ♫

My Cohen

My Andi

This book was .. Sigh. Cohen was SO swoony! He sure has Wellington genes. He was a great hero.

The book start with our heroine. She's in collage and she decided its time to give her V card away.

At the party she met Cohen. To say sparks we're flying trough the air would be the understatement of the century. This two conne
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title:Combust
Series:The Wellingtons #1
Author:Tessa Teevan
Release date: August 19, 2014
Rating:4 stars
Cliffhanger:No
HEA: (view spoiler)

What is Combust about? Two people who are very right for each other meeting at the wrong time. Two people who have a deep connection who speak to each other without words through music. It's a second chance story about two people that from the minute they meet, have a natural fit-you can clearly see that they are the counterpart for each other
Anna
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Officially I love all things Wellington ❤ ...more
Michelle
Oct 17, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: new-adult, 2014, romance
Combust_2

Looking forward for Cohen and Andi's story!!!

Mara De Guzman
5 Combustible Stars!
ARC very kindly received from the author for an honest review

#CAndi = COMBUSTIBLE. LOVE THEM!!!

Review to follow...

Release Date posted by Tessa Teevan : AUGUST 19, 2014

Tahsin
first book by this author, and i'm impressed. there were times in the book however where i couldn't absolutely connect, but i read on. i liked the end result, despite how obvious it was since the beginning. the next book looks amazing though! there was a tiny sneak peak at the end of this one, and if that is anything to go by, i think i might possibly like that one more than this one.
Polly
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*ARC provided by author for honest review*
Anne OK
Nov 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads

There’s a feel of second chance at romance in this one – although it’s not the typical. And you get a double dose of virginity, too. Can’t remember that happening very often and it added lots of color to this story. Tessa Teevan brings her own style and talents to the table when we once again visit the college campus trope with an original twist. I adored everything about “Combust,” the first book in TT’s new series. Teevan constructs a believable storyline and gives us main characters in Cohen
Jamie (The Kansan Reader)
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: meh
My edition: Kindle

Series: The Wellingtons #1

Rating: 2.5 ruby stars

Review: At the first half of the book I wanted to punch both M.C.s. They were so annoying. I'm actually surprised that I kept on reading this. The hero was a whinny little boy all because on the heroine. They both lose their virginity to each other, then the heroine leaves and avoids him. Hero doesn't like that so he acts immature when he finally sees her again.

The story then goes forward three years later. Our hero and heroine de
Angela
Feb 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Cohen and Andi's story (or Ruby)
4 stars.
I just love this author!! She has written some pretty fantastic swoon worthy Heroes! Cohen was definitely a sensitive guy. He was super sweet and in the end a complete sweetie...a little too unrealisticly sweet...but hey- that's what we girls love!

Heck yes!! Cohens book!!!
Rachel
Overall rating: 4.5 "Ruby" Stars!!!!!!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)
Dyndyn
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 sweet second chances stars!

Cohen & Andi's first meeting was explosive, passionate & monumental... if not for wrong assumptions, insecurities and immaturity. Let's face it, they were both young & inexperienced then, though, their connection and chemistry was palpable and real.

Fast forward, three years later, they get their second chance. And it's one of the sweetest ever. I adore Cohen!

“I’m man enough to get on my knees and grovel until you forgive me, because I’ll never be able to
Kristina
Note to self: Yes I did read this (in case I forget in the future) and I was bored. This is a forgettable read for me.

Currently half way through and struggling to finish this, am starting to skim. Storyline not grabbing me.

Guy & girl meet as virgins & sleep together same night they meet. Try & talk to each other for next 3 weeks but end up going off with other people. Don't see each other for 3 years and in this time both H/h hookup with different partners. See each other again by c
Sheryl C. Nash
And you've done it AGAIN, Tessa Teevan!!!! I was ABSOLUTELY DYING to read Cohen's story and OH, HOW I LOVED HIM!!!!! And OMG, how in the world did you turn Branson from an A$$HOLE to a SWEETIE???!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO READ his story now in Conflagration!!!
Tangerine
Oct 28, 2014 rated it liked it

3★s

Meh. This was just okay. I had a hard time staying focused. There was nothing wrong with the characters, they weren't horrible people, but for some reason I didn't like them much. They kind of annoyed me. I don't know why. They just did. There were also quite a few errors, missing words, etc. That always annoys me but my level of annoyance with it depends on how engaged in the story I am. I didn't love this book but I was engaged enough to want to stick it out and finish. Overall, it was a si
Kara
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Them Wellington boys. Sexy. Hot. Sweet.
Cohen was an awesome main character in this book. Gotta love them nerdy and sweet boys! Andi is one of those girls I'd love to have in my circle. Plus Reese, Cy, & Teddy rounded out this book very nicely. I love a great story, great words, great chemistry.

And I ❤ my Double T.
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)

4 Wellington Injections Stars

Hilarious and sweet. I loved Cohen and Andi aka Ruby. There were moments when I laughed so hard. And there were moments that were so heartbreakingly sad and sweet a the same time. The author is definitely getting better.
Athena
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 Sweet Stars

Cohen is Knox's brother and we meet him briefly in "Incinerate".

Cohen is headed off to college and his focus is school and getting into medical school. He has a one night stand with a beautiful red head named Andi that ends up being an epic fail. Cohen, in hopes to have a do-over from his one night stand, realizes that's not going to happen and he's hurt by Andi's brush off. So he decides he's going to forget about Andi and move on!

Fast forward to 3 years later, Cohen still ca
Lisa
Dec 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was fortunate enough to get a copy of this from Tessa prior to release and it was just what the dr ordered! After the brilliantly funny prologue of this book I knew it was going to be a good read. I wasn't disappointed either, the story of Cohen (who is seriously the sweetest guy on the planet, who just so happens to be gorgeous and smart) and Andi (who is a strong chick who knows what she wants in life with a fantastic sense of humour) leaves you filled with the warm fuzzies wondering where y ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Learning to Trust (Learning, #1)
  • Wildcard: Volume Two (Wildcard, #2)
  • Buried (Hiding from Love, #4)
  • Outside the Box (Blythe College, #3)
  • Playing With Fire: The Complete Series (Playing with Fire, #1-4)
  • Road Tripping
  • Greetings from Sugartown (Sugartown, #3)
  • Avoiding Amy Jackson (Infamous, #2)
  • Damaged Goods (The Outsider Chronicles, #2)
  • Unblocked - Episode Five (Timber Towers, #5)
  • The Billionaire's Betrayal (The Billionaire's Desire, #4)
  • The Fighter (Redemption, #2)
  • Strung (Seaside, #0.5)
  • Boy Toy Chronicles (Boy Toy Chronicles, #1)
  • Newly Exposed
  • Yearning Devotion (Yearning Series, #1)
  • Limited Time Offer (Brew Crew, #1)
  • Something Wild (Reckless & Real, #0.5)
Tessa is a twenty-something book junkie who's also obsessed with sports. She's a research analyst by day, writer by night, and married to her best friend for over a decade. If she's not writing, you can probably find her curled up with her Kindle and a glass of wine or cheering on the Reds, Bengals, and Buckeyes!

The Wellingtons (4 books)
  • Conflagration (The Wellingtons, #2)
  • Conflict (The Wellingtons, #3)
  • Conception (The Wellingtons, #4)