Start by marking “Marking Her (Marked, #1)” as Want to Read:
Marking Her (Marked, #1)

Marking Her (Marked #1)

3.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  585 Ratings  ·  112 Reviews
Talan wants to mark Maya—with more than his ink. The owner of a prominent tattoo shop, he’s used to being hit on by easy women. Though “easy” is not a word associated with Maya when she comes in to support her friend. Flirtation ensues, but what will it take to break the painted man.
Published December 17th 2013 by Elena M. Reyes/ Malfunction Erotica (first published December 7th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Marking Her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marking Her

Kimmy
4 HOT Tattooed Stars!!

This is the first book that I've read by Elena and I can this will NOT be my last! This story sucked me with the sexual chemistry between Talan and Maya AND Elena's writing style. Marking Her is told from Talan's POV and she KILLED IT!!

photo tumblr_n4la1rHeoY1tz9k69o1_400_zpsdjzd1zif.gif

Talan is the typical alpha tattoo artist however he meets his match when Maya walks into his tattoo shop with her BFF Esther. Little does he know that Maya aka Bitty is about to turn his world upside down and show him that being a tattoo ar
Michelle
Jul 19, 2014 Michelle rated it liked it
ARC Received from the Author in exchange for an honest review.

Talon's world is about to be rocked. When Maya walks into his tattoo parlor he is hit with an urge he's not used to feeling. Sure, he's had his fair share of ladies, but there is something about this one that makes him want to go slow and put his mark on her virgin skin. Maya is not just a pretty face, she is a little fire cracker set to go off. And when the two of them meet, the attraction is undeniable but Talon's not used to wantin
Joy Lister-Harrell
Dec 10, 2013 Joy Lister-Harrell rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Yes
Recommended to Joy by: Everyone
I had the pleasure of getting an advance copy of this enjoyable story. I loved Talan and the clear desire he has for Maya right off the bat. The age difference, while some may dislike, never seemed to be a problem between the two. They enjoyed each other, had fun, got to know each other, let the sexual tension build to an all-consuming level and then they finally indulged.

This passage was my favorite, “I will ravage every inch of you before the night is through, Maya. It will be my name you scr
Melissa Mendoza
Jan 28, 2016 Melissa Mendoza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alpha-book-club
Page Count: 148
Heat Level: 5 flames out of 5
Rating: 5 stars out of 5
Blurb:

Talan Cox wants to mark Maya—with more than his ink. The owner of a prominent tattoo shop, he’s used to being hit on by easy women. Though “easy” is not a word associated with Maya when she comes in to support her friend. Flirtation ensues, but what will it take to break
Amanda
Dec 10, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and can't wait for the next one. Talan is a tatted bad boy that gets tamed by the seemingly innocent Maya. This book was very well written with descriptions of characters so detailed, that I can see them easily in my mind. As always Elena delivers one hell of a story! Looking forward to the rest of the series.
Rebecca Kelekoma
Dec 09, 2013 Rebecca Kelekoma rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. The author's writing style flows well and makes a good read. Her description of characters is so good you can almost see them. Love the characters. Nice read especially on a cold day under the covers.
Kim Ginsberg
Dec 12, 2013 Kim Ginsberg rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing. It took me for a ride from page one. I can't wait for the next installment! It's a MUST READ! Mmmm, I love a tatted up man
Holly
Dec 22, 2013 Holly rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
3 1/2 Stars!!

Let me just start by saying that I really enjoyed this book!! I mean we have a deliciously hot, tattooed hero and a feisty, take no shit heroine so what's not to love right? Right! My only complaint is it was too short, IMO! Now, I know that there is more story to come and this is only the first book in the series but this girl is impatient! Especially when it involves a tattooed, pierced hottie!!

Talon is the yummy owner of a prominent tattooed shop and has had his fill of women th
Rhonda Meller
Dec 10, 2013 Rhonda Meller rated it really liked it
Talan and Maya...where to begin! Talan is a tattoo shop owner who is used to being hit on by beautiful EASY women. What he isn't used to is a PYT named Maya who walks into his shop and throws him for a loop with her beauty and intelligence.
Maya is a spitfire and isn't out to please other people. She's college girl and has a taste for older men.
What did I love about this book? The writing style, easy flow and ease of characters. From the moment Talan sees Maya I was hooked, that's an awesome sc
Kristin
Dec 16, 2013 Kristin rated it it was amazing
What a great, quick read to curl up with on a cold afternoon! Talon is the owner of a tattoo shop where he meets Maya (Bitty) one day when her friend comes in for some fresh ink. It's attraction and sexual frustration at first glance. The relationship that Maya and Talon have is hot one minute and cold the next because Talon isn't sure he wants a committed relationship. All he knows for sure is that he wants her and wants to mark her...in more than one way. They eventually find themselves on the ...more
R.E. Hargrave
Dec 24, 2013 R.E. Hargrave rated it it was amazing
*Disclosure: Primary edits done by me. Review may be considered biased*

I've worked with Reyes since she first began writing, and sharing, her work about two years ago. In that time I've watched her plot lines become more solid and her writing more fluid. To date, the Marked series is her greatest undertaking, and in my opinion, her best writing. Reyes can only go up from here!

Her characters, not just the main players but the side elements as well, are thought out and developed; strong, yet with
Marulett
Jul 06, 2014 Marulett rated it liked it
I'm intrigued...we'll see how it plays out in the next book :)
stephanie svajgl
I received this book as an ARC for an honest review. This book was fantastic! I was hooked from the beginning and couldn't put it down until I was finished. I really liked that this book was written from the point of view of the alpha male. The sexual tension between Talan and Maya is smoking hot and so very frustrating. Maya is so sassy, smart and strong and it was refreshing to have a female lead character who wasn't wimpy, dependent and poor. I can't wait until the next book comes out.
Nance
Dec 11, 2013 Nance rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!! I recieved and advance copy and extremely enjoyed the story, there is great built up between Talon and Maya, plenty of teasing and flirting which makes you wonder who will come out on top…So far, I'm going to say Maya… Secondary characters also fits in nicely and actually made me want to know a bit more of their story... Looking forward to reading the next one.

This is a perfect book to read curdled up in your cozies and blankets on a cold day!!!
JC82
May 08, 2014 JC82 rated it really liked it
So this 6'4 Tatted guy walks into a bar... No that is not the start to a bad joke, it's the start to your next smexy fantasy featuring Talan, the dirty hottie, make you want to lick him, tattoo artist that is the center of this delicious little series starter. So Talan is a man-whore, yes this is pretty clear from the beginning but he is one of those man-whores you can't help but dream about getting in your bedroom despite his reputation, he is delectable and in Marking Her he meets not only the ...more
Letty Lea
Dec 11, 2013 Letty Lea rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this novella. The writing is great, with characters that are fun to read about. Everyone, including 2ndary characters, have big personalities, are funny, and don't put up with shit.

I think I smiled through the entire read, thanks to the sassy banter and hot scenes.
Emily
The moment Talan met Maya, he knew she was different from any woman he had been with. Although there is a big age difference, Talan and Maya both have found a mutual flirtation with one another. Despite the chemistry between them, their relationship has not been more than teasing and a few stolen kisses. The problem though is Talan wants her, but he isn't looking to settle down, Maya though is not willing to give herself fully with out one.

The beginning started out fantastic but it just kind of
Stephanie Killen
Dec 09, 2013 Stephanie Killen rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!! Talan and Bitty are so cute!! Talan is a sexy, tatted beast who is sexy as hell!! This is a must read that won't disappoint!! I can't wait until the next installment. Awesome story!!
Marcia
Dec 25, 2013 Marcia rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this. Received it as an ARC for an honest review, though I can't remember now where I requested the copy from. I enjoyed the story, and I would really like to read more though I don't generally care for books that are released in serial format. I prefer to just pay 6-8 bucks and have the whole story rather than paying 1-2 bucks for a few chapters and end up paying way more in the end than for a comparable length book that was published all at once. I particularly enjoyed the fact that ...more
Noles (Nola) Pettiford
Feb 11, 2014 Noles (Nola) Pettiford rated it it was amazing
I loved it !! Cannot wait to read more about Talon & Maya !!!
Louisa Mae
Jun 03, 2014 Louisa Mae rated it it was amazing
Wowsers!! I read this after reading book 2 as an ARC, and to be honest, I wished aid read this first. hot, sexy and totally captivating. it introduces the characters in a way that helps you find out what makes them tick and sets up the second book perfectly.

Talan our tattooed and over possessive hero, will go to any lengths to protect and claim what hew nats, and Maya, the girl who owned him from the first moment she saw him, sexy and super smart. he never saw her coming into this life, that's f
Arlyn
May 06, 2015 Arlyn rated it liked it
Shelves: my-reviews
Well, this book was well on it's way to a 4 or 5 star rating until it ended like it did. I'm all for letting the sexual tension build before couple have sex for the first time. About halfway through the book, I was getting tired of all of Talan's internal dialog and a whole lot of nothing actually happening. Talan said that word "slow" was the worst word and complete torture. The same could be said about the pacing of this book...and the build up was not rewarded with the type of physical connec ...more
Michelle Bowman  / We Love Kink .com
This book is part of a series and I had the pleasure of reading of Volume I. H/h are Talan and Maya and boy are they hot for each other. Maya meet Talan when she tags along with her friend for moral support to get a tat at his parlor. Talan is known for his art work and has an outstanding business, and also attracts women because his appearance is that of a badass, (all tatted up) with a attitude.
Talan knows that Maya is something special and does not immediately enter into a sexual relationship
Nikki
Feb 03, 2014 Nikki rated it really liked it
ARC Was Given To Blog For An Honest Review

I really enjoyed this novella; it was short but packed a hard punch. It has all the characteristics that full-length novels have in a shorter book. The author had a great start as soon as I met Talan, the hot tattoo artist with his own shop. I love the tattoo manwhore that falls hard for the girl, so it was easy for me to slip into loving the entire story. Maya is a real spitfire, cute, quirky, and smart and if she were not a girl I would say she owns a
Amanda
Nov 18, 2014 Amanda rated it really liked it
I abso LOVE Elena's book. This was the second book of her that I read. And what the heck is better than HOT guys with tattoos and girls that take no 'ish!

Talan pulls you in from the beginning. Falling in love with his Bitty from the first second they meet. She is his, and will stop at nothing until she, and everyone else, knows it!

photo ElenaMReyes-MarkingHerTeaser4.png

photo ElenaMReyes-MarkingHerTeaser1.png

She Hearts Books
Dec 03, 2015 She Hearts Books rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I fell head over heart for both Talan and Maya. Talan was all alpha and was all about making Maya his. He took his sweet time though which made me a little crazy right along with Maya. Maya was sweet and sassy and I just adored her. They are fantastic together and I loved this beginning to their story.

I give Marking Her 4 hearts!
Rebecca
Mar 11, 2014 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Wow this was an amazing book from start to finish. The passion and feistiness and friendship all through out was great. Talan is a sexy man that owns a tattoo shop and doesn't want nothing but a fling with girls. Relationships are to much work he says until he meets Maya. Maya is a firecracker and is in college for marine biology. She came to his shop with a friend to finish her tattoo. Once Talan laid eyes on Maya or bitty as he calls her he felt the connection and wanted to make her his in eve ...more
Queen Bee
Feb 25, 2016 Queen Bee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The way that Maya and Talan meet, interact and the immediate attraction they have for and with one another had me excited and envious. This story was a short read but I was curious and excited to see where the story would go.
Shauna Ambriz
Loved it!!

This is one of those easy to read and easy to love books.

A great story line with interesting characters. I can't wait to read the next book!

Reading Write
Feb 14, 2014 Reading Write rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars from Kota for Kota's Book Kollection

"Marking her is a 90 page serial. It is a quick read that lays the foundations for a potentially very good series. There is a depth to the characters that has been touched on and once explored further would likely make them very appealing. So far, too much is unknown to understand the personalities and behaviours to a great extent.

Throw in some drama, some sexual tension, and the beginnings of some great secondary characters, and this read is pleas
  • Ryker (The Ride #4)
  • Fractured & Formidable (The Sacred Hearts MC #5)
  • Ridge Creek Reunited (Ridge Creek #2)
  • Ours (The Bears, #2)
  • Meeka's Reluctant Mates (Beckett's Wolf Pack, Triad Mates #5)
  • Finding Cyn (Devil's Knights, #2)
  • Expose' (Born Bratva #3)
  • Mate Hunger (Ra's Chosen, #2)
  • At One's Pleasure (Keeping Her, #2.5)
  • Witch Vamp Were?  (Huntingdawn,  #2)
  • Fourth Down (First and Last, #3)
  • Fated Healing (Kindred of Arkadia, #5)
  • Damaged and the Knight (Damaged, #2)
  • Allure Magnified (Allure, #2)
  • Sweet Seduction Serenade (Sweet Seduction, #2)
  • Perfectly Flawed (Sexy & Dangerous #3)
  • Lure (Marko Delacroix #3)
Elena M. Reyes was born and raised in Miami Florida. She is the epitome of a Floridian and if she could live in her beloved flip-flops, she would.
As a small child, she was always intrigued with all forms of art—whether it was dancing to island rhythms, or painting with any medium she could get her hands on. Her first taste of writing came to her during her fifth grade year when her class was promp
More about Elena M. Reyes...

Marked (4 books)
  • Marking Him (Marked #2)
  • Marked (Marked #3)
  • Stitched (A Marked Novel)