Start by marking “The Christmas Cowboy (Rodeo Romance, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Cowboy (Rodeo Romance, #1)

The Christmas Cowboy

(Rodeo Romance #1)

Flying from city to city in her job as a busy corporate trainer for a successful direct sales company, Kenzie Beckett doesn’t have time for a man. And most certainly not for the handsome cowboy she keeps running into at the airport. Burned twice, she doesn’t trust anyone wearing boots and Wranglers, especially someone as charming and handsome as Tate Morgan.

Among the top
Published October 16th 2013

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Cowboy

Start your review of The Christmas Cowboy (Rodeo Romance, #1)
Ruth Hill
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Are you searching for a clean romance with humor, a spine-tingling romance with some hunky, genuine cowboy on the side? If you are, this book is unequivocally for you! You will find no profanity nor bedroom scenes, but you will find romance that will set your head spinning (it sure did mine). Just because it is a clean book does not mean that it is not "smokin' hot!" There were several times that I had to set this book down for a moment to catch my breath. There is no doubt that Shanna Hatfield ...more
Cynthia
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This author always brings a smile to my face as she gives you a wonderfully written story with such passion but is still able to give you a clean read. The Christmas Cowboy isn't just a Christmas time read but a read for anytime you just want a nice read filled with a little mystery, rodeos, cowboys, a hot tempters lady, that toes the line and pushes just a little with passion. I really enjoyed this read of passing in the night trying to make times for each other when they live hours away along ...more
Kayla Thomas
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Finally, someone who can write a convincing cowboy. I often avoid books with cowboy and ranch themes. Growing up on a cattle ranch, I know real cowboys! This book was sweet and light. A perfect holiday read.
Kathy
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
I ended up quite enjoying this one. At times the story was a little unbelievable but I liked both characters and was grateful that the relationship took time to develop. Cute story.

Content: Clean (no language but there is passionate kissing and some mild innuendo)
Source: Kindle Unlimited
LadyS
Mar 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
Intended to be a ‘clean’ romance, this book dragged and is more suitable to a novella format especially since there is not much going on except kisses.. Yep. This story is like an overlong date with plenty of kisses, so if that’s what you like you’ll probably enjoy reading it. There is literally nothing else going on.
Here is an accurate summary of the book:

1 airport meeting (1st time meeting hunky conveniently unattached cowboy)
2 sweet kiss for ‘good luck’
3 2nd air port meeting
4 kiss
5 rodeo m
Beverly
If you are looking for a sweet and clean romance, slightly fluffy, but with no crudeness or sex, then this is the read for you. It is one of my favorite romances, with a western flavor, and Christmas related to boot.

Tate Morgan grew up on a ranch; it's his way of life. On top of that, he is a talented bronc rider taking awards on the rodeo circuit. As you read this story, you are either going to think to yourself, "Is this guy real? He's too good to be true" or "Ok, what's his game?" But it tur
Glenda Kinard
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!! This is only my 3rd book by Shanna Hatfield and I must say she is now a favorite author I can hardly wait to read more of Shanna's books!!!
Kenzie is a bright beautiful smart career driven strong independent lady and Tate Morgan Rodeo Star Cowboy can't help being drawn to her. Can Tate break down all the defenses Kenzie has built around her heart??? Kenzie has sworn off Cowboys after having her life forever altered by cheating Cowboys. Tate will sure give all he's got if he
C.
No story, nothing but continual necking scenes between the H & h, interspersed with lustful thoughs, U-G-H! Pure DRIVEL! ...more
Heidi
Aug 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: clean-romance
Clean rodeo romance. Sweet read. Not a lot of "meat" to the story....but lots of detail. I appreciated the cleanliness of the book and I enjoyed it.
Romancing the Book
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by JoAnne
Book provided by the author for review
Originally posted at Romancing the Book

This was a sweet romance that had some twists and turns, not all good. A lot of the story was spent on the rodeo circuit which was interesting and made it down to earth. Tate, Cort, Huck and the others brought the rodeo to life, not all of it glamorous. Tate was an owner of a ranch but left it mostly in the hands of his manager since he decided to go pro on the rodeo circuit. Kenzie is a corporate trai
Jodie (J.C.T)
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pattisue
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
“I don’t make a habit of becoming friends with people I randomly meet at the airport.” Running from love, Kenzie Beckett has been burned by one too many cowboys. Now gun-shy, she runs from relationships, pushing away before she gets hurt again. Handsome, sweet and sexy Tate Morgan lost his heart to the gorgeous businesswoman he met at the airport. “She was everything Tate never realized he was looking for in a woman.” This is a sweet story of faith and forgiveness, filled with fun twists and tur ...more
Aerykah
I liked the basic storyline and I even liked the characters quite a bit. The writing style is enjoyable... this was a quick and easy read for me.

But-- I did have one problem with it. I have to say that it was too sensual for my taste. Too much kissing, making out, & near sex scenes. As a Christian book, I would have lowered the rating. However, understanding that this book doesn't seem to be considered Christian fiction (even though that's how it's listed on Amazon), I went ahead and gave it 2.5
Vikki Vaught
This one is a mixed bag for me. While I liked the characters well enough and the plot was okay, the book went on way too long. I kept checking to see how much I had left and would groan. Several times, I just knew I'd reached the HEA, only to find out I had several more hours left of the audio. This is a good example of a book going on after what should have been the end. The narrator was decent, not riveting. I would listen to him again, but I will not read anything thing else by Ms. Hatfield. ...more
Dystopian Mayhem
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Heart melting clean romance that will stay with you well after finishing it. the author successfully
combined romance with -believe it or not- clean passionate tale. I believe I've found a new favorite author.
Tasneem
Oct 11, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: unfinished
I just found Kenzie a fool. How can she blame the man she claims to love for what another woman does to him in a public place? I mean, seriously, I was just about to give this a two or even three star for characterisation, but then seeing this plot devise, the one meant to give them drama, so obvious, so without substance, I got fed up. Sad to see such a lame turn to the tale. She wasn't willing to listen to him, and she allows her fears to rule her life. And the line, she was going to fly from ...more
Tonya Lucas
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Books are a passion of mine, some are engaging, some are heartbreaking, and then some are so comforting you knew you were meant to take their journey.
The same can be said about the authors, some really satisfy, while others miss the mark.
Enter Shanna Hatfield into my library of books and I’ve found a true winner. She not only comforts, her books intrigues me, and fills my heart with satisfaction and great joy.
A Christmas Cowboy is my 7th book by her and might possibly be my favorite to date.
Tat
Tabitha Jones
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Let me just tell you I cold not get enough of this book. I am now a fangirl of Shanna's.
Tate Morgan has got to be the hottest and most genuine cowboy that I have ever come across.
Although this book was a bit lengthy it was perfect. The words and story line just simply flowed. I didn't want to put the book down. A sweet and wonderful clean romance that anyone can read and enjoy. I am so ready to one-click man more from this author. Superb writing!
Melanie Snitker
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Unique Story and Memorable Characters!

I'd been wanting to read this book for a while and by the time I finished it, I wondered why I hadn't picked it up sooner! I enjoyed the story very much and I'm a big fan of both Tate and Kenzie. I liked how Shanna had the characters meet in the beginning - very unique and memorable. From that first meeting until the end, the book was a page turner. I have to say, it also made me want to attend the Pendleton Round-Up myself some day!
Mrs. Garen L. Herd
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Good read

I love those cowboys. The heroine is sassy, independent and strong, yet leary and untrusting of cowboys. The cowboy is strong, hot, a great bronc rider, and all-around good guy. Can he break down her barriers and make her trust again? Read to see. Highly recommend.
Kay
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

I was so excited to be read a great book that when they talked about where they were I knew where they were talking about. This was a great love story. Special thanks for writing a great book and tell the world about the Tri-Cities.
Michelle Ferrari-Johnson
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
What Love Is

A clean romance that will have you smiling, laughing, hurting and loving along with the characters. Kenzie and Tate are loveable characters who demonstrate love takes patience, virtue and willingness to achieve things together.
Mandy
Oct 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a classic romance with holiday undertones. I even cried once! For sure, it's one of Shanna's best books to date, and I recommend it as a good light read.
Ann Lorz
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
A very good start to this series. For my full review: http://romancingthereaders.blogspot.c...

ARC given for honest review
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Heart Full of Christmas

I love Christmas Romances across all genre. Recently I discovered Shanna Hatfield’s Western Historical Romance series Hardman Holidays which is a delightful group of Christmas stories. So having found a new to me author to catch up with I started looking for back lists and was delighted to discover that she not only writes Western Historicals but Contemporary Romance as well. So, yeah. My reading list for 2018 just filled up with a few more pages *grin*

Now this
Elaina Michelle
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have four stars just because the author accomplished a clean story, which I personally appreciate.

The story revolves around a cowboy and a business woman who repeatedly run into each other at the airport and I guess form some sort of relationship over a few months of these types of interactions.

Until finally they decide to try a relationship. Although the business woman is skeptical because she’s experienced a lot of pain from past relationships with cowboys, she can’t resist this new guy an
Dorothy Roller
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This just might be my most favorite story in the Christmas Rodeo Cowboys series. It is the first in the series, but I have read the last three and loved them all but Tate and Kenzie’s story was I think the best, at least for me. This is a love story to really read. Tate is so sweet, a cowboy, one of the rodeo circuits best who is a star but he doesn’t like be treated as one and he hates the girly fan club that surrounds him, especially one that has become a stalker he has to get a restraining or ...more
Michelle
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Christmas Cowboy is a charming tale gifting us with the sweetness of Tate and Kenzie.

This was my first story I read by Shanna Hatfield and I was impressed with how quickly the story hooked me, kept my attention, made me feel all the emotions and struggles and joys of the characters, and made the sparks sizzle and burn between the couple, but still kept things clean and sweet (think, a habenero berry jelly -- there's some addictive spicy kick behind all that sweet!).

Tate swept me away with h
Nancy Parker
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Prior to reading this book, is just read a heavy suspense thriller involving the kidnapping of young girls. I needed something light and joyful following that, and this book fit the bill perfectly.

A (mostly) lighthearted story of a busy business executive who meets a handsome cowboy at the airport. Love ensues but not without a few snags in the story, misunderstandings and past trauma leading to wrong assumptions.

The author does a good job deftly switching from one character’s point of view to
Martha E. Walton
Not much of a plot

About half way through, I wanted to highlight the parts that were not describing an enticing body part, a lustful thought, or a make-out scene just to see how much text there would be. I could probably read that in a half an hour. I was annoyed from the start by another story of two beautiful, physically perfect, and successful people. neither of them are hurting for attention from the opposite sex. They just weren't relatable enough to have me cheering for them or their relati
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Sleigh on Seventeenth Street (Three Rivers Ranch Romance, #14)
  • Operation: Married by Christmas (Texas Matchmakers Book 6)
  • Remembering Christmas
  • Holmes Crossing Series: Books 1, 2, 3 (Holmes Crossing)
  • To Love (The McNally #1)
  • Lizzie (War Brides #1)
  • Make-Believe Fiancé (Make-Believe Series, #1)
  • A Model Bride (The Macleans #1)(Love in Store #3)
  • Rhett's Make-Believe Marriage (Seven Sons Ranch in Three Rivers Romance #1)
  • The Doctor's Bond (Sacred Bond, #4)
  • Love's Healing Power (New Beginnings Book 1)
  • Seeking Home (Family Bonds Book 1)
  • The Amish Bachelor (Seven Amish Bachelors #1)
  • This Healing Journey (Heart of the Mountains, #7)
  • Her Cowboy Billionaire Birthday Wish (Christmas in Coral Canyon #9)
  • A Doctor's Promise (Lifeline Air Rescue #1)
  • Over the Waters
  • On His Bended Knee (The Brides of Purple Heart Ranch, #1)
A hopeless romantic with a bit of sarcasm thrown in for good measure, Shanna Hatfield is a best-selling author of clean romantic fiction written with a healthy dose of humor.

In addition to blogging and eating too much chocolate, she is completely smitten with her husband, lovingly known as Captain Cavedweller.

Shanna creates character-driven romances with realistic heroes and heroines. Her histor

Rodeo Romance (8 books)
  • Wrestlin' Christmas (Rodeo Romance, #2)
  • Capturing Christmas (Rodeo Romance, #3)
  • Barreling Through Christmas (Rodeo Romance, #4)
  • Chasing Christmas (Rodeo Romance, #5)
  • Racing Christmas (Rodeo Romance, #6)
  • Keeping Christmas (Rodeo Romance, #7)
  • Roping Christmas