Start by marking “The Bright Idea Box: A Proven System to Drive Employee Engagement and Innovation” as Want to Read:

What do Toyota and Google have in common? An all-inclusive “culture of innovation,” in which every employee is responsible for coming up with ideas to make the company more successful.

Do you want your employees to be responsible for innovation as well? Do you believe that is possible? It absolutely is possible, and in The Bright Idea Box, technology executive and corporate
Hardcover, First Edition, 276 pages
Published January 13th 2014 by Aviva Publishing, N.Y. (first published December 31st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Bright Idea Box, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bright Idea Box

Start your review of The Bright Idea Box: A Proven System to Drive Employee Engagement and Innovation
Dean
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book as part of a First Reads giveaway.

For anyone working in a business this is a must read book. Jag Randhawa describes a practical system to engage employees and create an environment within the company where not only are the needs of the company met but also the needs of the employees.

His ideas are presented clearly using examples of companies that have implemented programs of their own and had success. He also outlines a step by step plan to implement his own ideas.

While some of t
Nefen
Jan 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A simple and practical way to stimulate employee’s innovative drive

I really enjoyed reading the book. It is not just a theory but rather a practical book that shows you how to increase the company's market impact, reduce employee turnover and benefits by way of stimulating and rewarding the employee’s innovative drive. Lots of examples and stories of innovative companies and how they engage their employee to grow the company. The book walks you through step-by-step on the process of creating a b
Paul Davidson
Sep 09, 2014 rated it liked it
This book does a thorough job of extolling the virtues of incorporating an employee/customer feedback program. It covers the background and discusses current successful organizations that have implemented such programs. The writing is clear and organized and easy to follow. The book is especially written for someone needing to start such a program. I appreciated the recommended reading section. In the interests of full-disclosure I received a free-copy of the book through first-reads.
Katarina
Nov 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
excellent book.

as i read the book i kept thinking: "this is the new "Blue Ocean Strategy" book", so I wasn't surprised to see "Blue Ocean Strategy" listed in the suggested reading list.

Even though I'm not at a high level of my organization, I found lots of helpful info and some good idea that I can implement at my level.

I wish some of the managers at my company would read this book!!!!
Kathy Nealen
Jun 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Coordinating innovation and employee engagement to improve both. Practical and easy to read. Don't miss the appendices featuring company profiles and recommended reading. ...more
Jorge Fernandez
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book. I dont live and die by books like this. Rather I use them as a framework to plan next steps. That said, I have no idea why this book is not talked about more in business circles. Jag Randhawa wrote this book at a basic level while still incorporating psychological studies, business cases, and his real-life experience with the six-step MASTER Innovation Program. Great read.
Bianca Smith
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love count - six.

I read an ebook ARC of The Bright Idea Box by Jag Randhawa. As such, I made more annotations in the text than I do with a print copy. Some were detailed, some were to cross-reference items, others were simply the word, love. The Bright Idea Box got six "loves".

Oops, I'm jumping ahead. It's a first book by a business author, and was only released this week. Chances are this is the first you're hearing about it. I should explain its topic.

The Bright Idea Box is a step-by-step guid
Peter Galamaga
Feb 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am writing this review at the request of the author who is giving me a chance to win a prize in exchange for purchasing, reading, and reviewing his book.

As someone who reads quite a bit about management and maximizing the potential of oneself and others, I found this book interesting and thought-provoking. However, if you have read Drucker, Gladwell, Rath etc. you will find much of this book's assertions to be familiar.

Essentially, the book outlines a feedback system for lower level employees
Tucker
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a book of quite practical value for upper managers. Using the distinction between creativity (ideas) and innovation (action), as well as acknowledging that innovation need not be based on inventing something from scratch but may rather be a product refinement or process improvement, The Bright Idea Box outlines the importance of programs that encourage employees to help their company innovate.

Just as innovation is action-oriented, the company's program to foster innovation must also actu
Athena Nagel
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I have read many books that speak about motivating employees, empowering them, connecting with them etc... But they all seem to be lacking "something". That extra edge. I am sure I will re-read this when I have even more time but for now the author touches on some excellent ideas such as really valuing your employees. In this book he not only provides examples and suggestions but also asks you questions to help reflect and personalize some of the information. I work in education and we need inno ...more
Will Irace
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really great. Hoping to get some of these ideas adopted where I work.
Jag Randhawa
Oct 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
dunjas87
Dec 12, 2013
Soobia
Oct 12, 2020
claire Humphries
rated it did not like it
Oct 22, 2016
Pyang
Jan 18, 2016
Book Trailer 2 5 Dec 25, 2013 03:05AM

• The 5 AM Club: Own Your Morning. Elevate Your Life
  • Innovation Thinking Methods for the Modern Entrepreneur: Disciplines of thought that can help you rethink industries and unlock 10x better solutions
1 follower
Jag Randhawa is a Technology Executive, Professional Speaker, and Executive Coach. Jag has more than twenty years of technology industry experience with a strong track record of building high performance teams and award-winning products. Jag is a frequent speaker on the topics of Innovation, Employee Engagement, and Leadership.

Jag is the mastermind behind the MASTER innovation program and the foun