Start by marking “Álbum de Casamento (Quarteto de Noivas, #1)” as Want to Read:
Álbum de Casamento (Quarteto de Noivas, #1)

Álbum de Casamento

(Bride Quartet #1)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  127,632 ratings  ·  4,207 reviews
Quando crianças, as amigas Parker, Emma, Laurel e Mac adoravam fazer casamentos de mentirinha no jardim. E elas pensavam em todos os detalhes. Depois de anos dessa brincadeira, não é de surpreender que tenham fundado a Votos, uma empresa de organização de casamentos bem-sucedida.

Mas, apesar de planejar e tornar real o dia perfeito para tantos casais, nenhuma delas teve no
Published November 5th 2013 by Arqueiro (first published April 28th 2009)

·  127,632 ratings  ·  4,207 reviews

Start your review of Álbum de Casamento (Quarteto de Noivas, #1)
♡Karlyn P♡

Pure boring. This audio book should come with a warning “Don’t listen to while operating moving vehicles, may cause severe drowsiness.”

I now know WAAAAAY more about wedding planning and passive/aggressive relationships than I ever cared to know. Where was the entertainment, the spark between hero/heroine, and the romance in all that page filler?

It started out pretty good, but degraded as it went on. It became just one stupid self-imposed conflict after another, sandwiched between way too many
peachygirl
This was my first Nora Roberts's book and I'm actually disappointed. After all the things I've heard about her writing, this was not what I expected.
Mackensie Elliot aka Mac runs a Wedding Planning business with her childhood friends and is a successful photographer. Absentee father and selfish mother with a penchant for drama have wrecked her childhood and left her a commitment phobic cynic. Enter the hero, a gorgeous nerd who emits goodness and has been crushing on Mac for more than a decade.
Jilly
Apr 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Nora Roberts almost never lets me down. Her "In Death" series is one of my favorites, and a few of her mystery/romances have given me book boyfriends. Not as good as Roarke, of course. Never as good as Roarke.

Aww, that's so sweet!

In this book we have four female friends who own a wedding planning company. They each have a specific part of it, and our heroine, Mac, is the photographer. It's just a good thing that one of the other girls likes to bake wedding cakes, another is a florist, and the fo
Dina
3 1/2 stars

Nobody writes friendship like NR and I really enjoyed watching the interactions between Mac and her friends. Carter's slightly crazy friend Bob, with his "helpful" lists, was also fun to be with. In fact, everyone - besides the accidental stressed B, G, MOB, FOB, MOG, FOG, MOH, BM, FG and any other acronym the wedding business can come up with - was nice and fun. That lead to a lack of real conflict in the story, hence my lukewarm rating. I liked this book and its characters, since it
Julie (jjmachshev)
Apr 28, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009-reads
Contemporary romance fans, rejoice! Nora Roberts latest release "Vision in White" is a light and fun read that leaves you with a big grin on your face. It's the first in a four-book series about a group of women who've been friends since childhood and grow up to run a bridal business together. The manager, the baker, the flower lady, and the photographer--each with different backgrounds and different outlooks on life and love. This first story is about the photographer, Mackensie.

Mac's home life
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (SLOW)
★★★ 3 Rom-Com stars.★★★

Vision in White starts of by introducing a group of besties that run a very successful Event planning agency dedicated mostly to a bride's most defining moment,Her Wedding.

description

How I ended up picking this book:
Vision in White was basically my first Nora Roberts.So its safe to say I didn't really go in with super high expectations or such.Heard a lot about this author from my besties here on GR and thought to just give this one a go,out of pure curiosity.*shrug*

My thought
Phrynne
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5000-2019
This is the first in a quartet of books about four childhood friends and how each one finds the man of her dreams. Romance the way Nora Roberts writes it - somehow just as schmaltzy and sugary as every other romance writer but with a touch of something else which makes it a much more tolerable read for me. I am really not a romance reader but Roberts does it so well.

In this story Mackenzie is the photographer in the four friend's wedding planner business. When she meets Carter she knows he is co
Celeste
I have literally hundreds of books I’ve never read staring at me from my shelves or screaming at me from my Kindle, and what am I doing? Rereading a Nora Roberts quartet for literally the 7th time.
I regret nothing.

Have I mentioned to anyone that I love me some Nora, that she’s chicken soup for my soul and a bubble bath for my brain? That her books cheer me up when I’m sad and comfort me when I’m sick? Well, she is and they do. Which I why I keep going back to her greatest hits time and again in
Mojca
Vision in White Roberts Nora I can always count on Nora Roberts to keep me entertained. Be it with a romantic suspense contribution (the recently read Night Tales series) or a straight contemporary (the book I'm reviewing at the moment). Because Vision in White delivered on the promise in the blurb and then some. I absolutely loved it, its "friendship" angle and its "romance" angle. And the characters, oh, the characters were simply amazing. I couldn't help but love the four girls, I can't wait ...more
Shawna
5 stars – Contemporary Romance

I’m really surprised by how much I enjoyed this, especially since it was a random read while I was awaiting some August releases and because other than the J.D. Robb In Death books I’ve read, Nora Roberts often tends to be a little too vanilla ice cream for me. But I just loved sweet, shy, nerdy, English professor Carter to bits! It was so adorable and funny how he got so embarrassed over his friend Bob’s dating advice. And the list? Priceless! He made me smile and
Corrine
Sometime between the Quinn Bros. trilogy in 1999 and the Key trilogy in 2000, there was a big change in Nora's writing voice. One I really, really don't like. It seems, more and more, that she began channeling Candace Bushnell (Sex and the City, Lipstick Jungle). Almost everyone heroine since then has grated on my nerves, with the notable exception of the heroine of Angels Fall. This book is no different.

Mac Elliot runs a wedding planning shop with her three friends, in which she is the photogra
Lora
Let me just start by saying that I am a huge fan of Robert's In Death series, which she writes under the pseudonym J.D. Robb. I've only read the first four, but I'm a complete addict when it comes to that series.
However, there's a good reason why I've never tried anything from Nora Roberts outside of that series. I guess I've always had this supposition that Robert's books are basically contemporary, chaste bodice rippers (oxymoron, I know) with an extra helping of fluff - based solely on Visio
WhiskeyintheJar

This isn't really a review, but, in a nod to timing, I wanted to alert anyone that still might have some Steve Kornacki thirst that the hero in this could help carry some of that weight. Dr. Maguire is a high school Lit teacher and a competent cinnamon roll.

The rest of the characters and story, meh, a lot of wedding talk with acronyms (ex. MOB-mother of bride) that ruined the smoothness of reading for me, I couldn't quite sink into the romance, and overall this just had some caustic ch
Ronyell
Vision

Now, I will be honest here. Even though I have been reading romance novels for a long time from various romance novelists, I had never read any of Nora Roberts’ works before and her work is everywhere in the reading sphere! So, when I stumbled upon this book by Nora Roberts called “Vision in White,” I just knew that this was the book that was going to introduce me to Nora Roberts’ works in a good way!

Mackensie “Mac” Elliot had dreamed for all her life about taking pictures at a wedding and she f
☆☽Erica☾☆
Awwww so sweet and romantic!
Nicole
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, 2020, romance
Nora Roberts is pretty popular in my country among English romance readers. I decided to give one of her books a try as an experiment. I chose the book badly, choosing the one that has the most ratings instead of the descriptions (I figured all her books follow the same formula but after finishing this book discovered that some have mystery or fantasy elements.)

I'm not much of a romance reader, I do like a story that'll make me swoon from time to time (and these are becoming hard to find) but th
Janina
I actually don't have any time to read at the moment, but yeah ... you know how it is. I took a break from studying in between (my brain felt fried anyway and I wouldn't have been able to stuff in anything more - yes, I am looking for excuses ...), and finished Vision in White in a few hours. I don't know, I'm usually not that much into Nora Roberts or cheesy chicklit in general - although I had this phase when I was about 15 ;) - but this one just suited my mood at that moment and I enjoyed it ...more
Alp
4.5/5

This is one of Nora Roberts' wonderful love stories. I found many beautiful things in this book: friendships between friends, the warmth of family, unconditional love, and true love from the hero.

Nora Roberts has always created such adorable beta heroes. In this book, Carter Maguire was an extremely nerdy guy, but oh, he was so sweet! I always have my soft spot for nerdy heroes.

The heroine, Mac, she was strong, smart, and a bit stubborn. She had some kind of commitment issues because of her
Love Fool
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wedding photographer Mackensie "Mac" Elliot is most at home behind the camera, but her focus is shattered moments before an important wedding rehearsal when she bumps into the bride-to-be's brother...an encounter that has them both seeing stars.

Not going to lie, I thought I was going to hate this book because of the theme and because of the author. I thought Nora Roberts was writing stupid chick-lit books but it turns out I have been wrong for years. Nora Roberts is a funny writer with real a ta
Els
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book to dream away with. I hope the other books from the serie are equally good.
Susana
I think that probably only Nora Roberts would be able to make me read a tale about wedding planners.
And liking it!! O_O
Any other writer would probably make me want to hit my head against a wall....quite a number of times!! All those....tiny little details....like matching colours and flowers...and dresses...and napkins... OH BOY!!!

I confess that this is probably my favourite genre inside Nora Roberts "plots": The friends that come together to create a business. I just like the way the relationsh
Steph
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I like the idea of this trilogy with four friends running a wedding planning business I think it's really cool concept but didn't like this first entry, didn't like the two main characters and that the love interest he was too nerdy and a pushover to really like. I'll give that it was a realistic kind of love then most books I read. Well this type of book anyways it'scandy reading but not a great one.
Bithi
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have liked how the author has portrayed the characters of Mac and Carter.

Mac needs a life partner who can understand her skepticism in true love and marriage. I have loved how Carter wins her trust with so much patience, showing her his love without pushing her to make a decision about getting married.

I have really loved this book.
Somia
With her photos on the bridal magazine covers Mackensie (Mac) Elliot is most at home behind the camera ready to capture the happy moments she knows are often so fleeting. A childhood filled with uncertainty as her mother moved from man to man and Mac’s farther barely remembered her, Mac has very little faith in the idea of happy ever after, but she does believe in there being happy moments, and gains great delight in capturing them. When she meets Carter Maguire – who as a geeky teenager had a m ...more
Sofija
Aug 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s the first book I’ve read by Nora Roberts. And I liked it. Not from the start though. I’ve read first three chapters and just didn’t feel like continuing. So I put it aside and started another book, which was even worse, so I gave a “Vision in White” another chance. And didn’t regret it. Maybe it was because the plot started moving faster or the characters started growing on me, but I found myself enjoying it.

It’s a common story about a women, who is a photographer and have a wedding busines
Jonetta
This is a pleasing story of four friends since childhood working together in a wedding management company called Vows. Mackensie Elliot is the photographer for the company and is the first of the friends focused on in this series. Her relationships with her parents have negatively shaped her views on love and marriage.

Roberts does a fine job, as usual, in providing insight into the wedding planning and management industry as a backdrop to Mac's story. While there are some predictable elements, v
Sara Kate
Ok so.... I know that it's just me but I didnt care for this and honestly had to skip through some chapters. It's not the writing itself but i didn't care for this story. I feel like my dark reads has ruined me for chic lit unless it's a funny chic lit. This was just too light for me and I did t care for all the wedding stuff. I'm jaded, I know :-)
Chelsea
2.5⭐ but rounding it up to 3⭐ because of Carter.
This was just not for me.
Vision in White is known as one of the best Nora Roberts Romance, so maybe I had expectations.
I can see what appeals to other readers in this book.
It would definitely look good as a sitcom on Netflix, with all those weddings and a group of four friends always works.
I really liked Carter very much.
He is the only highlight of the book for me.
♥ℳelody
I had the Bruno Mars song ringing in my head while reading this: ...Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you *cue church bells* *throw petals*

Carter Maguire I WANT TO MARRY YOU!!!!

Like...damn. Maybe my hormone levels are super high or something but this guy was making me melt all over the place. Thud-a-dud-dud.

Seriously if you are an incredibly smart, awkward, easily-flustered klutz with a penchant for rescuing 3 legged cats, always there to take a girl's coat, good listener, a sweetheart and a com
valee
Sep 17, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cont-romance
Am I being totally girlish and superficial for having loved this book? probably, but that doesn't change the fact that I couldn't put the freaking book down, LOL. If being crazy about weddings makes me one of "those" type of girls...well, I guess I am one of those.
Then again, what's not to love about a girl's most awaited moment? And I do get what others mean by saying it's only another day in your life, and even when they say a party won't define a marriage, or that it's a lot of money wasted

• The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Safe Haven
  • The Last Song
  • Dear John
  • The Lucky One
  • Naked in Death (In Death #1)
  • Secrets of a Summer Night (Wallflowers, #1)
  • The Duke and I (Bridgertons, #1)
  • A Walk to Remember
  • Beautiful Bastard (Beautiful Bastard, #1)
  • Dear John (screenplay)
  • Tangled (Tangled, #1)
  • Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2)
  • The Notebook (The Notebook, #1)
  • It Had to Be You (Chicago Stars, #1)
  • Something About You (FBI/US Attorney, #1)
  • Bared to You (Crossfire, #1)
  • Festive in Death: by JD Robb | Summary & Analysis
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including Hideaway, Under Currents, Come Sundown and coming in November 2020 -- The Awakening -- the first book in The Dragon Heart Legacy. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print. ...more

Bride Quartet (4 books)
  • Bed of Roses (Bride Quartet, #2)
  • Savor the Moment (Bride Quartet, #3)
  • Happy Ever After (Bride Quartet, #4)

Articles featuring this book

Get in the mood with our list of the top 100 romances of all time. We narrowed the field by limiting our results to books aimed at...
“Some things in life are out of your control. You can make it a party or a tragedy.” 2566 likes
“I’ve never been the one. Not for anybody.”
He closed the distance between them.
“You’ll get used to it.” He tipped her face up to his, kissed her.
“Why? Why am I the one?”
“Because my life opened up, and it flooded with color when you walked back into it.”
263 likes