Start by marking “Burn (Stray, #2)” as Want to Read:
Burn (Stray, #2)

Burn

(Stray #2)

Lona Sixteen Always is about to become Lona Seventeen Always, but she isn't feeling much older or wiser. Unlike Fenn and the rest of the Path strays, she is struggling to move on with her life. How can she look to the future when she knows almost nothing about her past? Lona feels like everyone's pressuring her to become 'normal' - even her beloved Fenn - and on top of thi ...more
Published February 6th 2014 by Hot Key Books

To ask other readers questions about Burn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burn

Shannon
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Check out the review on my blog here!!

------

A huge thank you to Hot Key Books for sending me a review copy of this book. If you want to see my review of the first novel in the series, Stray, Click Here.

After the explosive ending of Stray, I was really looking forward to diving into this novel. Although I felt a little disappointed that this book didn't surpass Stray, I did really enjoy it.

The novel picks up six months after the events of Stray and we see how those events have changed the chara
Emma
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: guest-reviews
Review by Layla Year 8

Burn is about a sixteen year old girl called Lona who has been part of a science project all her life. The science project was called ‘Julian Path’ because the children who are part of it live in pods and watch the life of a man called Julian. As all of the children there are abandoned, when Lona leaves, she goes searching for her real parents.

Although the story is written in 3rd person, Monica Hesse manages to portray Lona’s feelings very well. Monica steps into Lona’s sho
Michelle Smith
Feb 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
A fitting finale. I think, anyway. Got a little overdescriptive towards the end, what with the explaining plot direction when it was already clear. My issue perhaps. A few interesting twists in there that I did not see coming.
RuthAnn
Mar 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, young-adult
Would recommend: Yes

I think this sequel was a reasonable follow-up to the first installment, although the pacing was a bit off. The first 2/3 strolled along, and then it was a sprint to the end. Still, the book's dystopian premise is interesting and original, the story was pretty well done.
Hallie
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
One *highly* manipulated event orchestrated to make poor Lona convinced of something that wasn't even remotely likely, but I could give it enough of a pass to love this. Very satisfying follow-up to Stray, and can't wait to see what Monica Hesse writes next.
Carly
Apr 29, 2017
Molly
Feb 04, 2014
Jodie Griffin
rated it did not like it
Oct 15, 2014
Monica Hesse is the national bestselling author of the true crime love story American Fire, and the historical mystery novel Girl in the Blue Coat, which has been translated into a dozen languages and won the 2017 Edgar award in the Young Adult category. She is a feature writer for the Washington Post, where she has been a winner of the Society for Feature Journalism's Narrative Storytelling award ...more

Stray (2 books)