Start by marking “Black Butler - Il maggiordomo diabolico, Vol. 14” as Want to Read:
Black Butler - Il maggiordomo diabolico, Vol. 14

Black Butler - Il maggiordomo diabolico, Vol. 14

(黒執事 [Kuroshitsuji] #14)

L’apice della saga dei morti viventi! Mentre sulla nave Rms Campania la situazione è tragica, la storia compie un salto nel passato per svelarci gli incredibili retroscena del legame tra Ciel Phantomhive e il suo diabolico maggiordomo Sebastian. Che cosa li ha resi così come li conosciamo?
Published October 18th 2012 by Panini Comics - Planet Manga (first published May 26th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Black Butler - Il maggiordomo diabolico, Vol. 14, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Butler - Il maggiordomo diabolico, Vol. 14

Start your review of Black Butler - Il maggiordomo diabolico, Vol. 14
Yue
WOW, again. This time I loved the scenes about Sebastians past, his first days as a butler. We get to see how Sebastian improved to become the best butler, and how Ciel improved to become a great Earl. In my opinion, they also started to respect each other while helping each other. It was pretty funny to see Sebastian being reproved by Ciel, and vice versa, each one of them accepting the disapproval, despite their pride.

Then, back to the sinking boat again. Gosh, I love Grell! He does have
S.Baqer Al-Meshqab
To drop or not to drop....
Lanie
Again, I loved loved loved it! Seeing Sebastian learning to be a butler & Ciel learning to be an earl. Wonderful. It's nice & really speaks volumes about their relationship, showing them learning how up with each other. :) there's some definite mutual respect there, despite the darkness of the contract. also loved watching Sebastian save Ciel from the zombies. I don't care if ciel Is eventually supposed to be his food, they care about each other! You could tell they were truly worried ...more
Anika
Sep 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This volume felt pretty meh to me. It's just a transition volume to finish the previous arc and continue to the next arc. I have to say overall I thought the ship arc was pretty weak compared to the other arcs, maybe except for maybe the curry arc. In fact, I think it's pretty on par with the curry arc. The plot didn't really advance as well as it did in the previous arcs and I felt like the zombies' presence was just there. Like they really didn't play a huge role in the plot, they were just ...more
Mal
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heh, I see some Harry Potter allusions here ;)
Monsour
Titanic with Zombies
Kari Trenten
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Campagnia zombie storyline comes to a sinking conclusion which taxes even a devil of a butler to the end of his resources. It’s a battle for Sebastian to make it out intact himself, let alone protect Ciel. For Sebastian has acquired an enemy whom appears to have plans of his own for his precious prey and they don’t include Sebastian’s own dinner plans, even if they are rightfully his via contract.

After all the zombies and violence at sea, Ciel enjoys a light interlude, courtesy of Lizzie in
Natalie
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
God, the climax of this arc was so exhausting, physically for the characters and I, as the reader felt exhausted too. I loved that we got to see Ciel and Sebastian's "origin story"-- how they came form their contract and subsequently their relationship and their bond. It was quite hilarious but also oddly touching to see them fight and complain about each other but fall into a twisted kind of devotion for each other, which I love. Also, the final 'aftermath' chapter with the Easter egg hunt was ...more
Interesting character revelations and makes me more curious about who exactly Ciel is
Caro
Undertaker, my love!!!!

Karissa
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an absolutely spectacular addition to the Black Butler series. A lot happens in this installment and I loved every bit of it.

We start out on the ship with all the ghouls; seeing the back story of how Ciel and Sebastian made their initial agreement. Sebastian’s life is actually threatened as he goes a bit dark and crazy saving Ciel. Some of the ship sinking is based on the Titanic’s story, which is kind of fun. This is a pretty intense part of this volume.

Then things lighten up (and are
Yvensong
This volume picks up where the last volume left off, revealing how Ciel and Sebastian began their relationship as the young Earl and his Demon Butler. It was fun watching the methods they both used to teach each other what would be needed to play their roles perfectly, and to see how they both grew to care for each other.

Soon though, the dangers that surrounded them in the last volume (zombies and sinking ship), take precedence, and Sebastian must do all he can to keep Ciel safe.

As in previous
Tamara
Aug 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With this volume we get the conclusion to Ciel's horrible ocean trip on the ill-fated Campania, and I have to admit, I was sad to see it end. It was possibly one of (if not the most) entertaining story arcs of the series. This volume gets four stars for the outrageous feats of 'Sebastian vs. living dead horde in water' finale and for the rather charming history of Ciel and Sebastian's contract and odd partnership. The rest of the volume gives us some Easter holiday fluff and then brings us into ...more
Sarah Hayes
Aug 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-lns-misc
The best part of Black Butler's fourteenth volume is not the main story. Let's be real for a moment. We all know this boat is going down and everybody is dying like Yana Toboso is reenacting the Red Wedding on the water. No, for me, what makes this volume stand out from the others is our trip down memory lane through Sebastian's cinematic record, invoked thanks to a certain shinigami's scythe. It is seeing how Sebastian and Ciel became what we know them as: the Earl of Phantomhive and 'one hell ...more
Despair Speaking
Another interesting arc is opening! And I'm especially interested because it's in the setting of a boarding school! And I love boarding schools! Can't wait to see how Ciel blends in. Hahahaha... Charles Grey sure is pissed to find out that Sebastian is alive. I think the other Charles is more fearsome. He's similar to Sebastian that he's skilled and knowledgeable. I like John Brown more though. Can't forget that Albert doll!
Nerdish Mum
In this we saw a lot more of the back story between Sebastian and Ciel and it just made me love their relationship even more. We also had the usual filler between arcs, this one was slightly better than usual filler, but filler all the same. The ending though started us off into the next arc which looks like it will be based at a school so its going to get very interesting.
gabi
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This was really cool! ALL THE BACKSTORY. I loved it immensely. And now something new has begun...

Reread: UNDERTAKER. He is so intriguing. There is so much that I don’t know about him. The backstory was absolutely great to see too!
Mariah
Jun 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sebastian, nooooo! As much as I like the Undertaker I like Sebastian more. How dare he?! Anyway those silly butlers of the queen make an appearance as does Easter. Not to mention another mystery.
Leigh Louise
This book finished off the Book of Atlantic movie storyline, featured an Easter Egg Hunt storyline and started the next main storyline where Ciel and Sebastian infultrate a school.

I loved this one because I have finally reached the point of the series where there are new stories to be told. I'm not repeating what I already know from the anime/movie/ova's.

What was interesting was that the conversation the Grey's (Queen's Butlers) had with Sebastian about him being alive and the aggressive Grey,
Bethany
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
In chapter 14 we pick off from where we are Sebastians cinematic records. It is a nice element to see Ciel and Sebastians relationship and see how they have developed and trusted each other from the beginning as butler and Earl. Real!y nice to have an insight of the early days of Sebastian as a butler. The Campania ship finally sinks and love how Sebastian threw Ciel off the stern side of the ship with him wearing a lifebouy.

Ciels caring mind is so sweet when Sebastian saves him from the
Stephanie :}
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know you have a group of really good characters when your reader (me) can't decide who to root for when they're fighting each other. I was torn!! I freaking love the reapers and kind of wanted Ronald to show Sebastian a thing or two, but then I felt like a traitor to Sebastian. I wanted Grell to be able to beat the Undertaker up because Grell is freaking awesome, but the Undertaker is just as freaking awesome as Grell is......AHHHH CONFLICTING EMOTIONS DOES NOT COMPUTE. Regardless, the first ...more
Maria Drago
Things I loved:
(view spoiler)
Monrucha▪♡▪
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, fantasy, shonen
This entire review is my live reaction while reading this volume so yeah spoiler.

It was so nice to see them growing together.They were no way being nice to one another and that's how they pushed each other to their true potential.Both were not flawless the way they are now.They taught each other and learn together

Their relationship is twisted and in a way selfish.It's a business transaction where the contract last a life time.But that's what made their relationship so intriguing.I find their
Elyse
Jul 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, read-in-2018

The manga start with Sebastian guiding Ciel on how to become a Earl. This is kinda like a flashback of the beginning of Sebastian’s days as a butler.

Back to business, the ship is still sinking like the Titanic and there is still zombies. Sebastian is wounded but will still do anything to protect Ciel. I do believe that deep down, those two cares for each others, in their own twisted ways.

There is a short Easter tales. Celebrations are made at the manor by Elizabeth and all the gang are
Henrietta
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, manga-shounen
just seeing how much effort sebastian put back then and still puts into being a perfect butler is amazing. comparing the way they were at the beginning to the way they are now is like.. really eye opening. at this point i don't think he's into it just for the soul, if i'm perfectly honest. he was seriously and still managed to defeat those zombies, and THEN CIEL LIKE... SORT OF THANKED HIM. i think these two are like.... friends. as much as they can be.
that easter chapter was adorable, early
Achillia Herondale
The cover of this volume is just perfect

Spoilers

As the ship sinks,William arrived to pick up Grell and Ronald with annoyance - of course- for having to take care of these idiots , Undertaker left something precious -as it seems to him- with the young Earl and a promise of a reunion (looking forward to it), Sebastian is severely injured (in his own standards) by the death scythe but as a proud Phantomhive butler he managed to save his master and yes here we are in the end of the Campania arc.
The
TheGracefulReader
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kelsey Hanson
So we go from Titanic with zombies to Easter egg hunts? Okay...

This book was not my favorite. It feels like this was an odd sort of transition book between the two arcs. It had its moments, but it seemed a little bit all over the place compared to others. I also can't find Sebastian celebrating Easter a bit odd given what he is. Still, I really enjoyed Grell who still managed to play an extremely minor role in this book and Sebastian's line about the ship's maiden voyage being awful was pretty
Beth
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm still terrible at deciphering pictures, so I was lost during most of the combat scenes although I suspect they were actually very clear. I also can't tell any of the Grim Reapers apart so I'm not sure who did what. But the other parts were a lot of fun -- the flashbacks particularly. I especially enjoyed seeing the start of Ciel and Sebastian's relationship, and the Easter Egg hunt was saved for me with the page naming the members of each team so I could tell who was who. Fun book.
K.S.
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The conclusion of the action packed arc at sea, followed by a lighter story, and beginning of another ongoing storyline of Ciel and Sebastian going undercover at a school. One of the most dramatic volumes yet of this darkly beautiful series about a devil of a butler and his vengeance driven little master.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Blue Exorcist, Vol. 6
  • Pandora Hearts 13巻
  • 文豪ストレイドッグス 4 [Bungō Stray Dogs 4]
  • テンカウント 6 [Ten Count 6]
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール:re 12 [Tokyo Guru:re 12] (Tokyo Ghoul:re, #12)
  • No. 6: The Manga, Volume 02 (No. 6: The Manga, #2)
  • 文豪ストレイドッグス 3 [Bungō Stray Dogs 3]
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール:re 11 [Tokyo Guru:re 11] (Tokyo Ghoul:re, #11)
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 7
  • 文豪ストレイドッグス 2 [Bungō Stray Dogs 2]
  • 文豪ストレイドッグス 6 [Bungō Stray Dogs 6]
  • 文豪ストレイドッグス 5 [Bungō Stray Dogs 5]
  • 暗殺教室 16 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 16] (Assassination Classroom, #16)
  • 暗殺教室 20 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 20] (Assassination Classroom, #20)
  • 暗殺教室 14 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 14] (Assassination Classroom, #14)
  • セブンデイズ Friday → Sunday
  • 暗殺教室 15 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 15] (Assassination Classroom, #15)
  • 暗殺教室 12 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 12] (Assassination Classroom, #12)
Yana Toboso (枢 やな Toboso Yana) is a female Japanese manga artist born in Warabi, Saitama Prefecture, Japan and currently resides in Yokohama. She is best known for Black Butler (黒執事 Kuroshitsuji), a popular shonen manga series.

She has also written yaoi under the pen name Yanao Rock (簗緒ろく).

Appearance
Yana Toboso draws herself as a devil with a black body and horns, a white head, and a pointed tail.

黒執事 [Kuroshitsuji] (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 1 (Black Butler, #1)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 2 (Black Butler, #2)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 3 (Black Butler, #3)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 4 (Black Butler, #4)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 5 (Black Butler, #5)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 6 (Black Butler, #6)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 7 (Black Butler, #7)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 8 (Black Butler, #8)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 9 (Black Butler, #9)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 10 (Black Butler, #10)