Start by marking “Maggie Rising” as Want to Read:
Maggie Rising

Maggie Rising

Seventeen-year-old Maggie grew up learning the art of psychic reading from her Aunt Betty. Now in her senior year, she works part-time as a psychic, hoping to put herself through college, but it’s just for fun. There’s no such thing as true psychic awareness . . . or is there? When Maggie befriends a ghost and is arrested for her new friend’s murder, the two girls—one dead ...more
Published August 19th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Maggie Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maggie Rising

Start your review of Maggie Rising
Ellen T. Barrett
Fun intriguing book

Maggie a part time psychic and by day high school student, learned the hardest way who she could trust with her psychic abilities. Wonderful book I did not want to put down. I look forward to the next book in this series. There truly is life after death ;)
Kimberly
Mar 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was excited to read this as I am somewhat acquainted in real life with the author and romance novels aren't exactly my forte. I really enjoyed it. The author I can tell spends a lot of time researching and I loved that aspect of it. Nothing in her descriptions of places seemed contrived or made up. It was also fun seeing her work in the different parts of Chico that I'm familiar with. As far as the story goes, I did have a little trouble with the idea that the character went to the police with ...more
Matt
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great story. Likeable characters, believable and obviously well-researched, as far as the reaction of the police department to the paranormal goings on. Maggie is a heroine that is easy to root for. She doesn't ask for the trouble she got into, but she faces it with courage instead of resignation, and she makes the reader hope for the best. Well written and enjoyable with plenty of teenage snark and angst rolled into "real-people" type characters. Pick it up and get to know Maggie. She may be a ...more
Cindy
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I started this book as a way to wind down after the busy holidays...little did I know that I would read it straight through in one day. With each new twist in the story of a young girl falsely accused of murder, who is unable to clear herself with traditional means, I was more and more intrigued! A delightful, fast-paced, page turner. I am looking forward to many more of Maggie's adventures!
Paul Aylworth
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Insightful readers like you will note that I have the same last name as the author. Don't let that turn you off. My mom will tell you, I don't give her books a pass just because she wrote them.

Maggie pulled me in. There's a realistic offbeatness about her and her family that makes them interesting to look at without weirding you out. Read it. You'll like it.
Emily Voss
Mar 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Definitely a gripping story. Simultaneously weird (eerie!) and amusing since it is set in my hometown. Not your typical murder mystery, but a fun one!

Be warned: There is a fair amount of strong language/sexual references.
Fran
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book from the beginning. For a while there, I didn'nt see how Maggie could get out of the fix she was in. I also loved the references to the places I'm familiar with. Looking forward to more like it.
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

Caution: While reading, a person may get the urge to hug a ghost, glare at policemen and attempt a prison break!

Read full review in the 2014 April issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Becca Wright
Feb 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a really fun, quick read. I'm stingy with my 5-stars, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and found difficulty in putting it down. Will we get more of Maggie?
Bartdl01
Jun 30, 2014
Danielle
Feb 18, 2014
Susan Aylworth
Oct 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jennifer Gail
is currently reading it
Nov 22, 2016
Tricia
Mar 13, 2017
Susan Aylworth loves books, poems, plays, words in almost all polite forms, and good raspberry jam. Her first book, started when she was nine, "was a rip-off of Black Beauty. I wrote eight whole pages." For her fifth grade career day, she stated her ambition to become "a rich and famous author." Decades later, she is pleased to have achieved the 'author' part of that goal.

A former university prof