Start by marking “As Hot as It Gets (Out of Uniform #10)” as Want to Read:
As Hot as It Gets (Out of Uniform #10)

As Hot as It Gets

(Out of Uniform #10)

Sea, air, land, the bedroom... this SEAL is always in command.

After watching his teammates settle down one by one, Navy SEAL Jackson Ramsey is ready to say goodbye to the single life. He’s even met a woman who intrigues him, challenges him, and turns him right on—Mia Weldrick, the funny and beautiful gardener he can’t wait to get to know better.

Except Mia isn’t interested
Published February 11th 2014 by Samhain Publishing

Exina
It was perfect! I was keen on reading the latest installment of the Out of Uniform series, and it absolutely exceeded my expectations. Elle Kennedy is an exceptional writer! (duh...)

She has the talent to create characters you see, you feel, you understand, and you love. It is just amazing.

Oh, Jackson. The kinky one. I love the way he knows exactly who he is. His dirty dominance and gentlemanliness are in perfect balance. He is fierce and lovely, cocky and sheepish, rough and gentle, demanding an
Auntee
Jan 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those who like erotic contemporary with a military hero
Soooooo good, and soooooo sexy, and soooo much fun!

Boy did I love this one. It sounds so cliche but I never wanted it to end! This was the last one from a truly sexy and fun series and I really think this might have been my favorite --okay, maybe tied with Dylan's story (Hotter Than Ever).

I loved the leads--6'5" Navy SEAL Jackson Ramsey (28) and petite landscaper Mia Weldrick. He was a sexy Texas gentleman in public, and a dominant, demanding, dirty-talkin' animal in the bedroom. Yet he was also
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

AS HOT AS IT GETS is book ten in the Out of Uniform series and it’s also the last one! *sobs* I absolutely adore this series and experienced a bittersweet feeling when it all ended. Elle Kennedy has a fabulous series on her hands. If you haven’t tried it already, you are missing out on some intensely hot sex scenes, fabulous and fierce heroines and heroes that are just to die for! I’m told that the spin off series will be just as fun so I’m excited to see where Kennedy ventures next!

But back to
Susanne
5 Blazing all-books-should-be-like-this Stars!
Fatimama
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked it until the voyeurism part where Dylan (H of book 9) watched the H/h have sex with everyone’s consent. I didn’t like it coz Dylan was supposed to be so in love with his 2 partners, Claire and Adrian, but he was saying stuff like he really wanted to join Jackson and Mia. Kinda ruined my enjoyment of book 9 which I gave 5 stars.. /sigh

All in all, I still enjoyed this book. Their meet-cute was def cute. I understood Mia’s hesitance to have a relationship coz of her awful mother and
Wendy
Loved this one....sexy and funny. No hardcore bdsm in this one, just some dominance and voyeurism.
« Court (Take the Read) »
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fave-series
YES GAWD .

This book RIGHT HERE, is why I love this series so much. A perfect blend of naughty, sweet and romantic. With a dash of problematic subplots that keep you invested in the characters' backstories.

Now, children shield your eyes, because it's about to go down because Jackson is, in my opinion, the hottest hero in the series. Dominant (in the literal sense), that dazzling southern accent and his little endearing pet names for our heroine, Mia, will cumulatively knock you off your feet.

Lisa
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: feb-2014
2.5 very disappointed stars. The highlight of the book was enjoying Seth, Cash, delicious Dylan and Jackson's hysterical banter!!! Their Fuck Marry Kill game was a hoot! One of the great things about this series is the relationships they have with each other.

I had been looking forward to Jackson getting his own HEA but he wasn't what I expected at all. He's sweet and charming and had the Texas twang down pat but I wasn't buying into his supposed 'dark side' for some reason. Considering all the
Jamie
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LOVED THIS!!!!!!!
Mandi Schreiner
Jan 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, erotic
Favorite Quote: “Jesus. Yes. Oh my God, Jackson, you really are nuts.”

“Good nuts of bad nuts?”

“There’s no such thing as good nuts!”

Smirking, he lowered his hand and cupped his groin. “Sure there is, darlin.”

Oh I love this erotic series by Elle Kennedy. Featuring Navy SEAL heroes and the women who tame them, this is the final installment, and I’m so sad to see it go. As Hot as it Gets is a great end though.

Jackson is all southern charm and nice manners on the outside, but a dominant side comes ou
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
As Hot as it Gets is another great instalment in the Out of Uniform series. Filled with hotness, fun, sizzling sex and more, I really enjoyed myself :)
Kaetrin
Nov 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. This book was just so much fun. And sexy as all get out. Elle Kennedy really has a knack of writing male characters - the banter between the guys felt authentic as well as making me laugh a lot of the time. Their game of "Fuck Marry Kill" was just one example.

I enjoyed Mia and Texas' romance and watching them sort through the family issues each had to deal with to truly be able to embrace their HEA.

Read the free short A Little Bit of Hot first as it is kind of like the first couple
Cyn Mistress Kitty
Oh I loved Jackson. What a sweet, sexy guy and he likes to dominate AND he has a pierced penis. Enough said.
I also liked Mia even though she was so stubborn although I could understand why.
They were perfect together and even though they had to deal with fucked up family issues, they were supportive to each other.
Loved seeing past characters and as always it made me howl with laughter how they talk to each other. And as always, the sex in these books was smoking' hot.
Is this the last book in the
Ari
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*3.5 Stars!*
Judy
I took a chance on this book because the description sounded good. First book for me by this author. This is #10 in the Out of Uniform series and I have now marked all the other 9 books to read. Holy hotness this book was a 4.5 rating for me leaning to a full 5 stars. The series is about a team of Navy Seals and the women they fall for. Ms. Kennedy sets a new standard for writing a hot, alpha, possessive, sexy, military man. The sex scenes in this book had me fanning myself and day dreaming abou ...more
starsaga
This heroine was too resistant to loving her man.
There was a struggle in this book, where the heroine just refused to accept that she was in a relationship, that she loved Jackson, that she wanted to be with him and that they would not end in a breakup. I understood the reasoning but what I did not get was why this was 95% of the story. As usual I loved the writing and EK's sense of humour and re-visiting with the hot-soldier men from previous books, but I could not like this heroine as much as
Angelika
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
As Hot as It Gets was a delicious quick read.
Elle Kennedy has an amazing sense of humor what's shine through in this one too. Also I have to give it to her she can write spicy, sizzling hot scenes as well. However the plot wasn't very original and sadly it wrapped up way too soon for my taste. Apart from these it's a decent erotic romance between a kinky, possessive hero and a sarcastic, down-to-earth heroine. I really enjoyed it.

My favorite quote:
“At the end of the day, family is the most impo
Vee Paige
May 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
*3.75*
Jacqueline
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Steamy!

I loved this book! I didn’t know that Elle Kennedy had this series and I’m so glad I found it! This is definitely hotter than the other books I’ve read by Elle, so beware if that’s something you aren’t into. Jackson was every bit the alpha male and I loved how Mia held her own with him. Their chemistry was great! My heart broke for Danny and I would love to see his story once he’s older. There weren’t any overly dramatic issues or relationship drama which is something that I really apprec
Berta
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! Jackson- Texas... yum. This book had everything I like. The side stories concerning their family troubles was great but not as good as Jackson and Mia being so sexy and falling in love.
Valquiria
yessss I loved this one!
Mia Catherine
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'd picked up "A Little Bit of Hot" and fell in love with Jackson immediately. A dedicated Navy SEAL, he'd stood by as, one by one, his buddies and teammates found and settled down with the perfect woman. He'd come to a point where he wanted happily ever after, too. It was a nice twist on a common theme - most of the time it being the woman who's looking to settle down. By the end of it, I knew I had to read "As Hot as it Gets."

Along comes Mia. A 26 year old woman, struggling to support herself
Nstefa
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!!! I loved this series!!! The seal boys are all quite alpha and will stop at nothing once they set their eyes on something!!! Bring it on!!
Kellie
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Firstly I'll say I absolutely LOVE the extremely talented Elle Kennedy so I also adore this amazing series, but I have to say she surpassed herself with this one! If I'm honest, each book continues to just get better and better so it's not surprising that I've so thoroughly enjoyed this story.

Secondly this book covers everything we've come to expect from such a talented author; lust, laughs, drool worth hero's, beautiful but normal women and above everything else a story that you HAVE to finish
Alysia
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: steamy
As Hot As It Gets follows the romance of Mia and Jackson. Mia doesn't have much time to date with a teenage brother to look after and two jobs to juggle until she can get the promotion she wants. Still, she doesn't protest too much to make time for a few dates with a man like Jackson.

This was a nice and short one, I liked Mia and Jackson immediately, and they were really cute together. Their banter was fun to read, and wasn't forced or painful. The chemistry between these two exploded once thing
Karen
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Sexy & sassy.
Entertaining read.
It seems macho men rebuffed pursue.
I love Mia's character big hearted, nurturing, fiercely loyal, unpretentious but scared of commitment. Allowing herself to trust Jackson enough to explore her own sexuality was hot.
Jackson's southern gentleman charm & dominance in the bedroom was also hot.
Danny Mia's brother's a great kid and had some big life lessons.
Now I have to go back and read the beginning series.
Maria
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love A SEAL With A Southern Drawl

Out of all 10 Out of Uniform books. This is one of my favorites. Jackson and Mia's tale was great. I laughed outloud so hard with Seth and Dylan. This story was hot and steamy...but it was a wonderful story all around. I look forward to the next books. Keep it going Elle Kennedy! Great Series!!!!
Sue Parker
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Mia is such a spitfire and Jackson is the last of the bunch to fall. Mia is raising her 16 year old brother and had no time for a relationship. Not to mention her mother has proven that marriages just don't work. Jackson has some family business that has left him staying away from home. Together they stand up for what is right. Loved this series. Sorry it's over.
Michelle the Romance Witch
Nov 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
a very hot read, lots of emotional drama, lessons learned, and sexy SEALs kicking butt and stealing hearts... not tt mention several sidesplitting moments that left me laughing so hard i had to fight not to pee my pants. :)
Konny
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As Hot as It Gets by Elle Kennedy is book 6 in her Out of Uniform Series. The series was previously lighty edited and the books got a brand new cover. The story remains the same.

As Hot as It Gets is the last book in the series and tells Jackson and Mias story.
Jack Ramsey is the last single one of his SEAL teammates. And he wants what the others have, bad.
He longs for marriage, picket fences and 2.4 kids.

Mia Weldricks life is complicated. She has no interest in dating. Her agendas full. Shes the
  • Risk & Reward (Bedroom Games, #2)
  • Starting from Scratch
  • A Christmas for Carrie (Feeling the Heat, #2.5)
  • Inside Bet (Vegas Top Guns Book 2)
  • Unbreakable (Section 8, #2)
  • Haunted Wolves (Green Pines, #2)
  • Wild Burn (Wild State, #1)
  • Jimmy (Red, Hot & Blue, #3)
  • High Seduction (Adrenaline Search & Rescue, #3)
  • Marco (The Santinis, #2)
  • Uncommon Pleasure (Uncommon, #1)
  • Code of Silence (Seal Team 12, #7.5)
  • Because You Love Me (Just Because, #2)
  • Lena's Happily Ever After (The Town of Pearl, #3)
  • Command and Control (Holding out for a Hero, #2)
  • Marked (Metamorphosis, #1; Beyond, #3.5; Thompson & Sons, #1)
A New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author, Elle Kennedy grew up in the suburbs of Toronto, Ontario, and holds a B.A. in English from York University. From an early age, she knew she wanted to be a writer, and actively began pursuing that dream when she was a teenager.

Elle currently writes for various publishers. She loves strong heroines and sexy alpha heroes, and just

Out of Uniform (10 books)
  • Heat of the Moment (Out of Uniform, #1)
  • Heat of Passion (Out of Uniform, #2)
  • Heat of the Storm (Out of Uniform, #3)
  • Heat It Up (Out of Uniform, #4)
  • Heat of the Night (Out of Uniform, #5)
  • The Heat is On (Out of Uniform, #6)
  • Feeling Hot (Out of Uniform, #7)
  • Getting Hotter (Out of Uniform, #8)
  • Hotter Than Ever (Out of Uniform, #9)