Start by marking “Ecliptic” as Want to Read:
Ecliptic

Ecliptic (Ecliptic saga #1)

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  34 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Disclaimer: English translation of Eclittica, book 1 of Eclittica Saga - Italian first edition.
"Have you ever wondered what the signs of the Zodiac really are, and why they have influence on all human beings?"
On the night of June 13, during an exceptional shower of shooting stars, mysterious signs representing Zodiac constellations appear on the shoulders of Izie De Rossi
Published October 1st 2013

To ask other readers questions about Ecliptic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ecliptic

Sheri
Oct 03, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ecliptic (Sara Lunardi)

Set in the future 2035, twins Izie and Sam are teenagers. They discover strange markings on their skin, that is when their life changes. Soon they discover they have special abilities and they are about to learn more about themselves than they ever could have imagined.

They are bound by an ancient contract since the beginning of time. They are the ones who must keep the future of mankind alive with the help of their guardians, each (guardian) is one of the twelve zodiac sig
Kristin Scearce
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I received an e-copy in exchange for an honest review.

A meteor shower sets us on the road to apocalypse.

When the world see that largest meteor shower on record, strange things start happening to some of its residents. Namely, weird marks start appearing their skin, and all of a sudden they have all sorts of powers and skills they didn't have before. These people are known as Guardians and Keepers, and they're job is to protect Earth and mankind from utter destruction. However, things
Liza
Dec 30, 2013 rated it liked it
I won this book in a good reads giveaway.

Like my previous review, I just got back from vacation so there won't be fancy gifs in here. Instead, it will be a straight up review. And now, on to my review.

First off, this 354 page story has a TON of characters. It's like a George R. Martin novel, complete with the killing of beloved characters(although not to the extreme). There is a helpful index in the back to keep track however I would not look at it until the book is finished because it tends to
saad
Mar 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
Thanks to Sara Lunardi I received this book for free in return for a review. My rating for the book is 2.5 STARS

The plot of the book was good and I liked the concept of zodiac, ecliptic and the guardians. The characters had enough depth in them to feel real. Each character had a different personality. But the book is let down by poor writing, bad romance and, some loopholes in the plot.

I didn't like the writing style.I never felt totally immersed in the story and, it felt as if the story didn't
April
Oct 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ecliptic is an incredible scifi/fantasy novel that focuses on astrology (which I love). Twins Izie and Sam live ordinary lives with their friend Ben until all three begin to develop powers on the 13th of June. This date is very important because it corresponds with information given in a prophecy. The twins eventually find out that they are Guardians of the zodiac sign Libra.

The novel follows two plot lines that eventually merge together. Both lines involve people who are learning and dealing wi
C.G.
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-fantasy
I received this book in exchange for a review

Some mild spoilers.
I really enjoyed Ecliptic. It had an interesting blend of mild sci-fi and urban fantasy. The plot centers around an upcoming date of Dec 13, 2035 when the world is fated to come to an end. In the ancient past, Celestial beings (who are really just super advanced aliens) saved Earth from destruction after receiving a gift/price of human sacrifices and placing 12 Guardian from various alien royal families that represent each of the 12
Emily
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
Review originally posted on Follow the Yellow Book Road

I’m so-so about this book. It has a unique concept – the zodiac idea really drew me to this book, but it didn’t really deliver. First of all the book started out challenging because we are introduced to a lot of characters and there are several different locations making it difficult to keep track. I also think the Guardian idea, the connection to the zodiac and the powers should have been better explained.

Once I got through the first part
Georgiann Hennelly
In June 2035 there is an unprecedented shower of falling stars.A couple of teenagers twins Izie and her brother Sam DeRossi .Discover they are marked on there arms by a strange imprint, which represents the zodiac constellations. They discover they have some unique abilities both mental and physical. There are others like them all around the world. They are part of an ancient contract that seeks to insure the survival of the human race and those that bare the imprint must protect mankind. These ...more
Clare
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I'm always up for reading fantasy stories so when this entered my inbox I was intrigued. Ecliptic is set in the future and focuses on the topic of Astrology.

Twins Izie and Sam are growing up and they're trying to live as normal teenagers, but noticing unusual marks on their bodies and discovering different mental abilities hinders this development.

They soon discover they are not alone and there are other people like them all over the world. Each one is part of an ancient contact that bounds th
Kristy Gillespie
Apr 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
In June of 2013, "a thousand tears fall from the sky and light up the night, the signs awaken the chosen ones for the last time, and the countdown begins," (9). Izie and her twin brother Sam are two of an eclectic group of people who find mysterious marks on their arms. These marks turn out to be the signs of the zodiac and Izie and Sam are two of the Guardians of the zodiac. Izie, Sam, and the other Guardians have six months to save the world. Fortunately the Guardians are granted physical and ...more
K.C. Finn
Mar 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
If you're interested in epic fantasy, big adventure and ensemble casts, then Ecliptic is the book for you. The story follows the journey of a series of varied characters who are all related to a prophecy predicting the end of human existence. I sincerely enjoyed their discovery of the prophecy and of their own abilities and place within it, the unfolding mystery of the novel made it highly readable. I frequently found myself lost in its action and varied geographical locations, which were vivid ...more
J.M. Johnson
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have to say that I was very surprised (in a good way) by this novel for many different reasons. The writing in this novel is at a level of maturity I wasn’t expecting from an author’s first work. She provides a level of detail that leaves a crisp picture in the mind, but I never felt overloaded with details. The plot sucked me in right away and by the ending I was nearly gasping for breath.
The author switches points of view in the story, but she does this in such a way that I was never left co
Douglas Butler
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Knowing that I am crazy about fantasy books, some friends of mine have recommended me Sara Lunardi's 'Ecliptic' as a 'must read' title.

Yes, indeed, this is my favorite genre. I have read lots of such books, therefore I think my opinion is pertinent when saying that the newest titles look like they have been built on the same template: inconsistent story line, pure intrigue, unsatisfying action.

Ecliptic was, for me, like a fresh air breath. Its unique story, which is based on an unconventional mo
Christopher Howard
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Most of the fantasy books with this price tag are not delivering the true characteristics of this genre: action that keeps the reader hooked, smart intrigue and fantastic elements that spices up the story.

Fortunately I have been lucky to read Sara Lunardi's book: Ecliptic. It does manage to deliver an outstanding fantasy story. The Zodiac was a great idea, in my opinion, because it offers the potential of building quite an intense fantastic action.

Speaking of action: it is based on the world-sav
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Zodiac signs and future based, this novel focuses on scfy/fantasy astrology, which makes this already something new and excited to read.
These three friend develop powers on a special date. The book go back and forth between two points of view which t time can be irritating...it's one of my pet peeves. But once you get past figuring out which point of view your in you find yourself enjoying this well written book. These people have to deal with their new powers and figure out how to control and
Lisa Caldwell
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ecliptic starts in an unique way and it ends in the same fabulous manner.

The beginning of this book brings the reader into a fantasy world that feels so unique and original. This is mainly the because Sara Lunardi does a great job when it comes to describe the excellent imaginary scenery that she has designed. I felt like being submersed into a whole new world which, in the same time, felt very realistic.

The story continues with the same positive attributes but the end is even more amazing. I wi
Alma Wells
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Obviously, this is not the first time when i am reading a SciFi book. However, this is the first time when I feel that the story it delivers feels so real. I know it sounds a bit awkward but I shall explain.

Sara Lunardi has done a great job in creating a story that makes the reader to unleash his/ her dreams at every page turn. Therefore, I felt like I am actually participating in the action of this book. I had the power to perfectly visualize the beautiful sceneries described by the author. Of
Damon Pratt
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
For me, the best books that I've ever read are the ones that I revert to them, in my thoughts, from time to time. This is a clear sign that a specific book has managed to create a good impression and its story has left a notable mark in my memory.

Ecliptic is one of those books. I finished reading this book a couple of months ago but I am still thinking of its story, from time to time. This is mainly because I felt it as being extremely original and very rewarding (from the reader's point of view
Marie
Apr 24, 2014 rated it did not like it
I was given this book free in exchange for an honest review.
And I'm being honest when I say that though the plot is interesting, the spelling and grammatical errors made reading it very difficult.
I would have preferred to beta read this and give some editing help before it was published because it took me so long to piece together what was going on through horrible sentence structure and repetitive writing.
I enjoyed some of the characters but it was just no fun to read.
Marco
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wanting more!
A lot of characters and places, and every character is so well developed: they make mistakes, they curse, their hormones push them to do things that probably aren't wise, but they're real and they act like real teenagers.
The story was so mysterious that I remained utterly intrigued. Even the secondary characters have terrific three dimensional personalities. Can't wait till the next one comes out.
Jade
Dec 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I recived this book for an honest review last year it didnt grab me when ifirst tried to pick it but i did and once i got into it, it was an amazing book with an original plot
Special Coleman
Jerry Brown
Apr 06, 2014
Book Promotions: Astrological Fantasy 99 Cents 1 3 Apr 02, 2014 12:01AM
  • Beautiful Illusion
  • Rex Equilibrium (Elei's Chronicles, #3)
  • Faith Creation, All Lies Revealed
  • Strange Metamorphosis
  • Revenge of the Taken (Humble Walker, #1)
  • Fringe Runner (Fringe #1)
  • Elements
  • Poison (Keeper of Light, #1)
  • A Pair of Docks (Derivatives of Displacement, #1)
  • Madeline's Protector
  • Birthright
  • Strings
  • Adamar (The Hennion Chronicles, #1)
  • The Undesirable (Undesirable, #1)
  • Down Solo
  • Order of the Seers (Order of the Seers, #1)
  • Underworld (The Aduramis Chronicles - Book 2)
  • In the Dying Eyes of Night (Graces of Faded Angels, #1)
Sara Lunardi was born and raised in the seaside town of Genoa, Italy, and now resides in London, the city which provides the backdrop for much of her writing.
Sara has a degree in Modern Languages and Journalism, and when not writing, she is the manager of a wellness and beauty center as well as a freelance beauty consultant for prestigious cosmetics brands.
Sara began writing at school, producing
More about Sara Lunardi

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • The Siren
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Oryx and Crake (MaddAddam, #1)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • Star Wars: Darth Plagueis
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Of all the scary and supernatural things I came across during that particularly strange period of my life, he was without a doubt the most mysterious. There was something in his behaviour so striking, and yet so uncontrollable and intoxicating that I couldn’t help being attracted to him like a magnet. When he wasn’t present, it was as if my body would forget to breathe and my heart to beat. Mentally and physically I missed him, and a resulting feeling of emptiness was digging inside of me almost like suffering a slow chemical poison that I wasn’t able to stop.” 0 likes