Start by marking “Aerenden: The Gildonae Alliance (Ærenden, #2)” as Want to Read:
Aerenden: The Gildonae Alliance  (Ærenden, #2)

Aerenden: The Gildonae Alliance

(Ærenden #2)

Several months after Meaghan's return to AErenden, the kingdom's war has taken a turn for the worse. The Mardroch army hunts the new King and Queen, destroying villages in its wake. And Meaghan and Nick, training for battle in a remote section of wilderness, are far from safe. Danger hides in shadows and behind innocent faces. Allies become foes. Each day is a fight to sur ...more
Published March 6th 2013 by Sean Tigh Press (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Aerenden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aerenden

Start your review of Aerenden: The Gildonae Alliance (Ærenden, #2)
Kristen Taber
Aug 29, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: epic-fantasy, fantasy, ya
As I've mentioned before, I don't rate or review my own books, but I wanted to take the opportunity to talk about one of my major influences for the second book in the Aerenden series.

When I first started outlining these manuscripts and decided to create a female protagonist, I had a hard decision to make. What sort of woman did I want her to be? Literature shares a wide range of women with us, from the demure princess who needs to be managed and protected to the kick-butt heroine wh
Brigid ✩
I admit, I'm a bit biased because I am friends with Kristen. However, I am also a big fan of her writing. Also, I haven't read the final draft of this book yet, but I did get a chance to beta-read an earlier draft and I enjoyed it immensely. It's a strong follow-up to the first book (Aerenden: The Child Returns); it has a lot of a ...more
Amy
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I actually read this book several months ago as a Beta Reader, but am just now reviewing it. It really is another great book! Kristen must love torturing people, because I think the wait for the next book will be way too long! I am so in love with all the characters. One of my favorite things is the Writer's Book and learning more about Meaghan's parents. I don't want to give anything away, but so many major things happen in this book and the emotions were just so real and well written! It is a ...more
Heidi (Yup. Still here.)
3.5 stars. I enjoyed this one. During parts I felt like this book was a lead up to the third (and final?) book so some parts dragged for me (what can I say I am an action girl!)but overall I really like Megan and the world Ms. Taber has created so I can't wait for book 3. As with book one I listened to this one on audiobook and really enjoy the narrator.
Nay Denise
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-tours
I received this book from the author in exchange of an honest review.

**Beware -- mild spoilers are given. Read book 1 first!**

Completely outstanding! This sequel was awesome. Although I did give it a 4.5 stars as well simply because I was waiting on seeing more of Goran and once more he was not in this book, only mentioned.

Meaghan has definitely grown a lot as a Queen and as a fighter. She tries to help everyone if she possibly can no matter how dangerous it is. She worked hard and learned/>**Beware
Natalie
Feb 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kristen Taber is a great writer. The first book wasn't a fluke. The writing here maintains consistent quality. Her writing is mature and well controlled. It is no chore at all to read her words and I'm really glad I picked these books up.

This book was an improvement on the first book in many ways, but there were a couple of elements that frustrated me. Still, it was another solid read.

These books are explainy! I was more forgiving of it in the first book as well, you know
Maggie Thom
Mar 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was just as good as the first book. Very good story. Meaghan and Nick who have been thrust together not only because of those who chase them and Nick becoming her guardian but there is something much stronger holding them together. In this story Meaghan and Nick are really learning to get know each other and to trust each other. Nick is trying to teach Meaghan how to use and how to control her powers. She struggles with following all of his directions though which causes her many probl ...more
Kendra /Books Complete Me
In this second book of the Aerenden series, Kristen Taber destroys the notion of the "book 2 curse." In no way, shape or form was this book filler between one and three. This was a true continuation of the story that started in The Child Returns. And left me wanting more. Fortunately, I will be starting book three right away, but will have to then wait for the last two. :'(

And as I have been a book slump lately, and have joked with Kristen that she is going to have to pull me out of
Kelsey
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well done Kristen, another wonderful book! I really don't want to have to wait for the next :( I love the characters and the relationships they have created along the way. Meg has changed so much and is becoming an amazingly strong woman. Things are only going to get harder for her, and yet she pushes on even with the knowledge of Viv's vision. For me, this series has been wonderfully unpredictable. It seems that Vivian still has more secrets and surprises in store for us. I absolutely love this ...more
Paula Feldmann
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From page 1 thru to the end I was hooked. Even if I had not read the first book in the series, I would have been able to pick up in the storyline due to Kristen's skillfully interwoven bits of backstory for Meaghan. I love that she is developing into a strong young woman (others call her a protagonist - I agree) and I'm looking forward to seeing how her relationship with Nick goes as well.
Gemma Wainwright
Fabulous sequel to The Child Returns and yet again I could not put the book down, each page a new stage for Meaghan to overcome. Honestly cannot wait for the 3rd book to be released so i can find out what's instore for Nick and Meaghan!
Shauna Leonhardt
such an awesome sequel to the first book!! I seriously enjoyed this!! I love the story and it's escalation! ! I am nervous and scared at what may happen next. can't wait for the third! !
Jessica Tarrats
May 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just as great as the first installment! I've already started the third book and can't put it down!
Fiona Andrew
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous

This series is getting better and better. Meg and Nick have spent the winter training and growing Megs powers. Now is the time to leave the cabin and return to the caves. What adventures are they to meet. It is an exciting adventure ahead of them. Highly recommend.
Zoë Ann
Oct 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
3.5 magical little stars
Terri M.
The Ærenden Series by Kristen Taber starts out as a slow burn and then quickly takes off into a raging wild fire. I was happy to be given the chance to read the first three books in this series back-to-back. I think if I had reviewed only book one, I would not have given it a very favorable review.
The first book, The Child Returns, moved a little slow for my taste. When the book starts, the characters clearly have a history that started before page one of the book and Meaghan has these mys
Andy
Feb 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The roller coaster ride continues apace as we get to know Meaghan and Nick while they worm their way still further into our affections. Further character development, battles, and a guide taking us further into Aerenden.

Now I've got to buy the next instalment to find out what happens next ...
gj indieBRAG
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
We are proud to announce that AERENDEN: THE GILDONAE ALIIANCE by Kristen Tabor is a B.R.A.G. Medallion Honoree. This tells a reader that this book is well worth their time and money!

Elisabeth
Nov 18, 2016
Marci
Mar 13, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Kristen spent her childhood at the feet of an Irish storytelling grandfather, learning to blend fact with fiction, and imagination with reality. She lived within the realm of the tales that captivated her, breathing life into characters and crafting stories even before she could read.

Those stories have since turned into over a hundred poems, several short tales, and five manuscripts in

Ærenden (5 books)
  • Aerenden: The Child Returns (Ærenden, #1)
  • Aerenden: The Zeiihbu Master (Ærenden, #3)
  • Aerenden: The Reaper Rises (Ærenden, #4)
  • Aerenden: The Shadow Guard (Ærenden, #5)