Start by marking “The Night Is Forever (Krewe of Hunters, #11)” as Want to Read:
The Night Is Forever (Krewe of Hunters, #11)

The Night Is Forever

(Krewe of Hunters #11)

A Ghost Rider in the Sky?

What happened here, on a historic ranch outside Nashville, during the Civil War? And what's happening now?

Olivia Gordon works at the Horse Farm, a facility that assists patients with mental and physical recovery; her specialty is animal therapy. She's always loved her job, always felt safe…until now.

People are dying, starting with the facility's
Published September 24th 2013 by Harlequin MIRA

To ask other readers questions about The Night Is Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Night Is Forever

Start your review of The Night Is Forever (Krewe of Hunters, #11)
Mike
May 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was another very good mystery from Heather Graham but the only problem I have with the Krewe mysteries(and the others that deal with paranormal mysteries from this wonderful author) is that each one seems very formulaic. There's always been two involved in the murders & in each story, whether it's a Fed or a detective or PI that's the authority figure in the story, there's a woman that first isn't thrilled with him and then falls head over heels in love with him; whether that woman is ...more
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
1.5
Setting: somewhere near Nashville
Half a star for comedic value.

The Horse Farm is a place where people with various physical and mental issues come to spend time with horses and get better. Olivia Gordon is one of the people who helps them. She sees ghosts. Her cousin Malachi sends a new member of the Krewe to investigate. Dustin also sees ghosts.
If what I wrote seems dull and boring as hell, that's because it is. The two main characters are special and, as the author constantly reminds us,
Stormi (BMReviewsohmy)
I love this series and even though I know you don't have to read them in order I am a stickler for doing so!

This one is about a horse ranch that is used to help people with mental and physical recovery and the owner ends up dead. Olivia who works at the farm is also the cousin to Malachi, who leads a Krewe of Hunters group, so she call him in for help. The ghost of the dead owner, Marcus, has contacted Olivia and told her he was killed.

Some things lead everyone to believe that Marcus was back on
Randy Daugherty
Feb 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Night is Forever by Heather Graham is another installment in the Krewe of Hunters series is another hit for Heather Graham.
Olivia Gordon works at the Horse Farm, a place people came for therapy whether they are addicts, folks suffering from stress or kids on the verge of being lost, given up on. It is another peaceful ride when Olivia comes upon the body of Marcus, the owner and founder of the Horse farm is down on the ground, dead, and off to the side she sees the General, or thinks she
Marj
Feb 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**too many spoilers ahead**
To be honest i was choosing between Mariah and Sydney as the killer. Sandra was too obvious choice for a killer because she was a bitch. Sydney is always left in the farm and he seemed to be someone you would least suspect while the author spent too much time on Mariah's back story. The ghosts were not creepy they merely served as tools to explain the story or parts where humans are not present (eg how marcus died). I also liked the small snippets about us history. And
Erika
I received this book for free from Goodreads. It's expected that I review the book. I should have read it when I got it, and then reviewed it, but we moved and the books got boxed. In any event, I am apprehensive to review this book as I simply didn't like it. I don't know if they think the books are so amazing that they send them out expecting the reviews will be equally amazing.

This is not the case today. First of all, I am surprised that Heather Graham is a best selling author. This was my
Lyndi W.
May 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star
Totally hopping around with the books in this series, but I'm really digging them. I'm never absolutely sure who the villain is, there isn't a ton of gratuitous sex, the MCs are a little on the Mary Sue can-do-no-wrong side... it's just working for me right now.
Toni
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although the stories are always similar, you get a small history lesson with each one
Susanne Leist
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is one of Heather Graham's better ones. I was about to give up on her when I noticed this book. The story follows a different pattern than her prior books. It has the Krewe Unit of FBI paranormal specialists, who I'm getting tired of, but they investigate a murder on a horse farm dedicated to therapeutic programs. This plotline gives the story a better purpose and agenda.
3 Stars

This was a good addition to the series, a lot of action and it kept me guessing.
Aparna
May 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stars: 3.5 / 5
Recommendation: Yes, pick it up for a mystery involving paranormal elements, historical flair and the romantic side of the plot.

The Night is Forever is the eleventh book in the Krewe of Hunters series by Heather Graham and published in September of 2013. This time around the plot revolves around Olivia Gordon - a therapist at the Horse Farm - and FBI Agent Dustin Blake - newest recruit into the Krewe of Hunters.

This forms the third book in the trilogy within the series. First one
Rage
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I found this book silly in a way that I do not enjoy. I think I was expecting something darker or a bit more gritty? the main characters are beautiful and perfect and become entangled in a deeply passionate and sincere romantic relationship almost instantaneously (although of course when they first meet, they rub each other the wrong way). I felt like all of the characters spoke in the same voice, which didn't differ much from the narrative, and it felt like things happened arbitrarily, as in, ...more
Wendy Sparrow
This book. *shakes head* It was not up to par. 10, 11, and 12 of this series just read like they were written by ghost writers. (As in other writers writing on her behalf, not actual ghostly authors. Ghosts would have written better than these three books... Pretty sure.) Some of the other books were fabulous though and definitely worth reading.

Okay, biggest complaint and this is a SPOILER-- (view spoiler)
Sharon
Aug 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: animal-rescue, horses
Olivia Gordon is seeing ghosts: one of them is a Civil War general, Rufus Cunningham. The other is her employer, Marcus Danby, whose body is in front of her ... while his ghost is tapping her on the shoulder.

Thus begins "The Night is Forever."

Set on a fictional equine-assisted therapy facility in Tennessee, the mystery not only involves ghosts but ghost hunters ... one of them a a very handsome fellow called Dustin, who is falling for Olivia even as he tries to help her investigate Marcus'
Veronica
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this book for free through the GoodReads Giveaway Program. I recommend you pic up or rent your own copy to form and understand my review here. Winning this book is the reason I started reading the entire series, but you could jump in here and be good moving forward.

Graham changed her style of writing. The first couple of novels you probably should have started from the beginning so you understood everyone in the crew, how it formed, etc. Now, she is just focusing still on two characters
Cassandra
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't realize that this was part of a series when I started reading it, but you don't have to read all the previous books to be able to understand what's going on. This was a relatively quick read, my only "complaint" is that the chapters are really long (on average about 25 pages each). I had previously tried reading this book years ago, but didn't really get into it, it didn't grab my attention right off the bat. However, once I got a chapter or two in, it got more interesting. The mystery ...more
Jessica
Pretty average read in the Krewe series. I don't really care for this new approach to the next Krewe, in which characters with paranormal abilities join the group after getting involved in a case (which feels slapdash). I preferred the previous method of introducing new Krewes, in which a group was carefully assembled and each person had some kind of skill in addition to their paranormal abilities. Perhaps this is why the characters in this new Krewe feel a lot less memorable to me.

The setting
Marti
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one featured a horse farm and therapy setting near Nashville. The founder of the facility, Marcus, was a former drug addict who'd had a fatal fall into a ravine and heroin was found in his system upon autopsy. He appears to Olivia, who found him, as a ghost insisting that he had not gone back to drugs and that his death was no accident. When Olivia is unable to get local law enforcement to take an interest in further probing into the incident, she contacts her cousin Malachi of the Krews. ...more
Vicki
Marcus Dandby is found dead at the bottom of a ravine by Olivia Gordon. She works for him at the Horse Farm. A therapy and rehab endeavor. Marcus was very wealthy but was a recovered addict.
The coroner said he had heroin in his system so it's labeled a accident. Olivia saw his ghost in the ravine and he told he was murdered. Finding the murder is a great book. Loved it. Didn't figure who it was till the end. I suspected who it was but was surprised in the end. Heather Graham is one of my
Meghan
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Olivia and Dustin are a cute couple. They both are new to the Krewe family, but I love how their relationship with Krewe and each other evolve. The ending was a surprise though one part/person was not. This story had a great
Blend of history, world development, romance, various relationships and humor. I loved the scenes with the ghosts together or when they reacted to the living.

I also found this story heartwarming bc of the horse therapy and the impact it had on the teenage boys, adults and
Janshea (Tobborah C.)
This has 4 stars because I enjoyed the mystery in this one more than the last few Krewe of Hunters installments. It is still a lighthearted, easy read that I feel Ms. Graham does well. So, no deep darkness, not too hard to solve, easy PG love and a HEA.

Olivia is a therapist on a horse farm, when her boss is killed, which she knows Becky his ghostly told her. She calls her cousin, one of the Krewe, who sends a new recruit under guise of needing therapy to see what can be done. Ghosts, deaths,
Julie
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is, as with all of the books in this series, another one of these books that I enjoyed so much that I am sorry I have finished. There are things that are alike in all of these books, but the things that are different are locations, the character of murders and their motives, and, the character of the ghosts. The ghosts never make the solution of the mystery easy, but they are helpful. And it is very rare that I figure out who the murderer is ahead of the end.

Linda
Dec 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Being from Tennessee, I especially loved this story of my home state and the history lesson concerning the Civil War. Outside of Nashville is a equine therapy center called the Horse Farm where several therapists are doing wonderful things with those adults and kids that need special help with coping with life but unfortunately everything is not calm. Murder invades the staff and it is up to the Krewe of Hunters to solve this case with the help of a few famous ghosts. Great read.
Wonda
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4! This is the first novel in this series where I felt like it was dragging ass and just becoming too repetitive! I am over a new team every tier...I am ready for more cases with old teams or couples...or are these teams only worth three cases together. Also this murder mystery was overly predictable...Sorry Mariah saw you coming a mile away!!! Hopefully it picks up better in the next tier otherwise I may need a break from this series for awhile...
Zana
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this was one of my favorite Krewe books yet. The story was great and it even made me want to visit Tennessee someday! I thought the love story and the timeline of it was more believable than probably any other Krewe book. I give this one 5 stars!
Linda
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is full of ghosts, on a historic ranch outside Nashville. New characters for the Krewe of hunters, Olivia Gordon and Dustin Blake, must find a murderer.
This is one of the reasons I never get bored with Heather’s books, new characters are introduced and of coarse the ghosts are great.
Susan Sparks
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Another great read by Heather! As so keep n as I'm done reading one I have to pick k up the next one and start reading it. I love how all the characters ha their own story and how they help each other out I. The story that is being read.
Cheryl Landmark
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review to come soon.
Patricia Bello
I liked where it happened. But this one was a little flat.
Michele bookloverforever
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Labyrinth (FBI Thriller #23)
  • Smokescreen (Eve Duncan, #25)
  • If Looks Could Kill
  • Vendetta in Death (In Death, #49)
  • When Bruce Met Cyn... (Visitation, North Carolina, #3)
  • Eyes of Fire
  • Fear the Dark (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #16; Dark #1)
  • The Adventurer (Ladies and Legends #2)
  • Blind Search (Mercy & Elvis Mysteries #2)
  • Give it Up
  • Born to Be Wild
  • A Buckhorn Bachelor (Buckhorn Brothers, #5.4)
  • Beyond Eden
  • Down In New Orleans
  • The Adversary (Warriors for the Light #5)
  • Hard Justice (Alpha Security, #3)
  • Girl Blue (Brown & de Luca, #5)
  • Slow Burn
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some

Krewe of Hunters (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Phantom Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #1)
  • Heart of Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #2)
  • Sacred Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #3)
  • The Evil Inside (Krewe of Hunters, #4)
  • The Unseen (Krewe of Hunters, #5)
  • The Unholy (Krewe of Hunters, #6)
  • The Unspoken (Krewe of Hunters, #7)
  • The Uninvited (Krewe of Hunters, #8)
  • The Night Is Watching (Krewe of Hunters, #9)
  • The Night Is Alive (Krewe of Hunters, #10)