Start by marking “Adventure Time Vol. 5” as Want to Read:
Adventure Time Vol. 5

Adventure Time Vol. 5

(Adventure Time #volume 5; issues 20-24)

The highly anticipated fifth volume of the all-ages bestseller Adventure Time is here!

Princess Bubblegum is facing a lot of trouble when one of her experiments backfire on her, the land of Ooo is in danger...and so are her friends! Without the help of Finn and Jake, it is up to Princess Bubblegum to clean up her own mess, and hopefully save her kingdom in the process.

Published September 9th 2014 by KaBOOM! (first published June 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Adventure Time Vol. 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adventure Time Vol. 5

Start your review of Adventure Time Vol. 5
¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪SomeBunny Reads (Phoenix)•*¨*•♫♪
"Dude." - MARCELINE

Untitled

Oh my Glob! What is happening to Candy Kingdom??? Looks like a giant pink fluffy gum is invading every spot of it... and it knows... mind control??? Aw, man!

Untitled

One of my favourite volumes so far! The story was so fast-paced and I absolutely loved the plot! Also this one is centered on Princess Bubblegum and Marceline! What more can a mortal ask for? Also, please don't read Goodreads plots... They always spoil the fun! Not, cool, dude. Not cool

Shaina
emma
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: artistic, comics, kids-j, 2015
yes i am that kid

that kid who is almost 19 and likes to read and write but often finds herself with adventure time... and enjoying it

*shocker*

nah i don't have an attitude rn it's just that class starts tomorrow which is just wonderful lol
Jess
Sep 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Love adventure time, but the story was ok. Ive read better in this series. Enjoyed seeing Princess Bubblegum and Marceline having adventures but honestly it kinds bugs em that they are trying to force "are they or aren't they" relationship. They are friends! Nothing more!
Marius Paulsen (Antari-kun)
awesome! never ceases to make me happy whenever I read one of these volumes! #adventuretimeftw
Jack
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought that this comic was as invigorating as ever! With this amazing series, you can never be sure what to expect! The thrill of adventurer awaits any anyone who reads this!
Carissa
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
More history on Lemongrab!
Alex Tiethoff
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm not sure what specifically keeps me coming back to Adventure Time. The weirdness and creativity are surely important, but it might just be the colors.

In Volume Five, Princess Bubblegum and Marceline need to save the Candy Kingdom from the bubblegum that has overtaken the brains of its people. The semi-sentient bubblegum was PB's fault to begin with of course, in all of her mad scientists-ness. PB finally discover the acidic solution to their problems as they employ the help of the
Eleanor Luhar
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just a quick review of this, as it's pretty similar to all the previous volumes.

Familiar characters dominate the stories as usual, including Jake, Finn, BMO, Princess Bubblegum, Ice King, Marceline and even Lemongrab. The relationships between the characters are nice in this, especially regarding PB and Marceline.

The stories are funny, weird and super enjoyable, full of humour and colour and adventure (duh). The fourth wall is, of course, practically nonexistent, as the commentary along the
Naomi Ruth
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again we have our first issue which plays with storytelling (ftw) with a first person POV comic, which was delightful. And then we have a run of comics about one of Princess Bubblegum's experiments gone wrong. With Lemongrab! And also we get to see Marceline and PB working together which is always fun.
Jonas
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All Adventure Time books are awesome.
Jana
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Time for an adventure!
Bassmh
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Other volumes might’ve been better. Enjoyed lemongrabs feature and the second half of the book as the story picked up.

On a side note; I dislike the footnotes ..
R C
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always love more Adventure Time. I enjoyed the focus on PB and Marceline in this story.
Kendra
Oct 08, 2019 rated it liked it
I ship PB and Marceline harddd!
Charlie Gates
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another fun yet character driven story from Ryan North.
Adam Smith
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I felt that the main story was wrapped up too quickly, but I thoroughly enjoyed the journey to get there and the burgeoning friendship between PB and Marceline was adorable. A fun read.
Kennedy
Mar 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: adventure-time
This book was sauseome, I liked how they put the reader in Peebles perspective for the first 10 pages or so.
Kennedy
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Scott Siegel
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Young Kids
Recommended to Scott by: My Brother
The graphic novel, Adventure Time Volume 5, by Pendleton Ward is a fast-paced book that is based on the Cartoon Network series. It involves Finn, Jake, Princess Bubblegum, and Marceline (the vampire princess). Bubblegum and Marceline are forced to retreat into a "Science Prison" where tainted bubblegum (the candy this time) is spreading and infecting others. Finn and Jake attempt to help them, but only to get infected. With the inhabitants of Candy Kingdom all sick, the kingdom is ripe for ...more
Cale
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
The hits just keep on coming - this volume may not be quite as strong as the previous one, but it is still very good. The focus this time is on Marceline and Princess Bubblegum, and there's a lot of comedic mileage pulled out of that relationship. And Lemongrab is prevalent too, in one of his most enjoyable presentations. Unfortunately, that means there's less of Finn & Jake, and Ice King (aside from the very fun first issue, which attempts to present the comic in first person perspective. ...more
Bert Janssens
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Beautiful book: great fun to browse through the cover art in the back. Every hard cover contains five soft cover comics. The first comic of the 5 always superbly plays with the medium of graphic adventures which is always a blast.
We buy the hardcovers because:
1) the two page spreads between the comics showing landscapes of the Land of Oo (This hardcover unfortunately shows close ups instead of the wide landscapes like in the previous albums)
2) it's fun to find out how the first comic is goint to
Ben
Sep 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm always amazed by how accurately the comic captures the tone, spirit and utter joy of the cartoon. You always expect it to feel like the B-team or an homage to the original product but it's actually spot on. Plenty of panels made me laugh out loud and forced me to show them to other people. This volume is primarily focused on PB, Marceline and Lemongrab which is fine by me, and all the characters show the fluidity, humanity and craziness you'd expect from the show. It's smart, fun and just a ...more
Ethan
Ryan North is by far the most perfect writer you could imagine for this world, and he manages to capture the voices of each character (even minor ones) deftly, making this feel like an easy continuation of the show. More importantly the story is one that takes advantage of the format and is something that wouldn't work as well in Adventure Time's usual episode structure (additionally there are gags that work only as written). Funny, quirky, sincere, and cute, I am always ready for more Adventure ...more
Joe Young
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ryan North - writer
Shelli Paroline - illustrator
Brandon Lamb - illustrator

The land of Ooo is in danger! When one of Princess Bubblegum's experiments goes horribly wrong, even Finn and Jake won't be able to help her. To save Ooo it's going to take the combined powers of PB, Marceline and ... Lemongrab?

More excellent stuff from the Eisner-winning team that brought you the first 4 volumes.

5/5 Recommended.
Colona Public Library
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you like the Adventure Time television show you will enjoy these graphic novels. This volume Bubblegum's creation has gone out of control and it is up to PB and Marcelline to try to stop this gum wad terror. I like this one particularly out of the other 4 volumes I have read. The cover art at the end of the book is creative and so much fun to look at in detail. You can order this from the Colona Public Library. ~Ashley
Melle
Jul 20, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adventure Time fans of all ages
These are delightfully fun and sometimes quite witty but, mostly, it's like a frozen Snickers bar for the brain -- perfect summer reading treat, light, fun, and just enough nuttiness to feel like a more nutritious choice than, say, cotton candy or its mental equivalent, a graphic novel adaptation of a Disney movie.
Canesgalactica
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Generally, I like these books as an aside to the show, but the green type as a footnote at the bottom of nearly every page is not only hard on the eyes, but in general, not funny. I suppose that's my only gripe with these books. It was good in one volume, but kind of annoying to have to read in every volume as I don't feel it really adds to the story or mood of what's going on.
Laci Long || Book Pairings
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was another great installment of the Adventure Time comic. In this volume one of Princess Bubblegum's experiments gone wrong wreaks havoc on the candy kingdom and most of Ooo. The best part is that we get to see Marceline and Princess Bubblegum team up to save everyone. It was very entertaining. :)
Alex Sarll
"I swear to glob, physics, if you drop the ball on this one I WILL END YOU." Also, a sly Watchmen homage that feels wonderfully wrong in a comic theoretically aimed at kids, but which will of course sail safely over their heads. I still love this comic almost as much as the parent cartoon, which is no small love.

• Adventure Time Vol. 9
  • Adventure Time Vol. 10
  • Adventure Time: Bitter Sweets (Adventure Time OGN, #4)
  • Adventure Time Vol. 13
  • Adventure Time: Seeing Red (Adventure Time OGN, #3)
  • Adventure Time: Marceline and the Scream Queens
  • Adventure Time: Playing with Fire (Adventure Time OGN, #1)
  • Adventure Time: Candy Capers
  • Adventure Time: Sugary Shorts, Vol. 1
  • Adventure Time With Fionna and Cake
  • Adventure Time: Pixel Princesses  (Adventure Time OGN, #2)
  • Adventure Time Vol. 11
  • Adventure Time: Masked Mayhem (Adventure Time OGN, #6)
  • Adventure Time: Marceline Gone Adrift
  • Adventure Time: Graybles Schmaybles (Adventure Time OGN, #5)
  • Adventure Time Vol. 12
  • Adventure Time: President Bubblegum (Adventure Time OGN, #8)
  • Adventure Time: Islands
Hi, I'm Ryan! I was born in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada in 1980 and since then have written several books. You can read my Wikipedia page for more, or check out my author site at RyanNorth.ca!

I'm the author of the webcomic Dinosaur Comics (that's the comic where the pictures don't change but the words do, it's better than it sounds and I've also done crazy things like turn Shakespeare into a

Adventure Time (1 - 10 of 69 books)
  • Adventure Time with Finn & Jake (Issue #1)
  • Adventure Time with Finn  & Jake (Issue #2)
  • Adventure Time with Finn & Jake (Issue #3)
  • Adventure Time with Finn & Jake (Issue #4)
  • Adventure Time with Finn & Jake (Issue #5)
  • Adventure Time with Finn & Jake (Issue #6)
  • Adventure Time with Finn & Jake (Issue #7)
  • Adventure Time with Finn & Jake (Issue #8)
  • Adventure Time with Finn & Jake (Issue #9)
  • Adventure Time with Finn & Jake (Issue #10)
“Dude, trouble's just an adventure you haven't finished yet!" - Jake the Dog” 3 likes