Start by marking “Perilous Waters” as Want to Read:
Perilous Waters

Perilous Waters

UNDER SUSPICION

Published April 1st 2014 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Perilous Waters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perilous Waters

Start your review of Perilous Waters
Carmen
Mar 06, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Um... Christian Romance Fans Who Are On Board With Slut Shaming and Teetotalling
Their gazes tangled. His head dipped closer, his gaze not letting go of hers. Then his eyes slipped shut an instant before his lips found hers. Soft, gentle. His fingers glided through her hair and cradled her neck.

She slipped her arms around his waist. This must be what it felt like to be cherished.

Slowly, tentatively, he deepened the kiss. He tasted like chocolate and mint and... like she'd finally come home.

This is a Christian romantic suspense book. Love Inspired Suspense is Harlequin's Chri
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“UNDER SUSPICION
For FBI agent Sam Steele, there's no room for error or emotions on his latest undercover assignment. Getting close to gallery owner Jennifer Robbins while on an Alaskan cruise is the only way to catch her dealing stolen art. Out on the icy seas, Jen suddenly goes from suspect to victim when she's targeted by a deadly enemy. And Sam's mission goes from investigating an art crime to protecting the woman who's begun to melt his heart. As danger looms closer, he'll
Alexa Verde
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy reading books by Sandra Orchard, and Perilous Waters was on my TBR list. As soon as I started reading this book, it was difficult to put it down. I found the Alaskan cruise with its scenery and fun shore excursions fascinating, and I enjoyed reading about twin sisters. The hero FBI agent Same Steele is brave and smart, but he suffers from guilt for the things that happened in the past. In spite of being a rich heiress, Jennifer Robbins is very kind-hearted, but her dream of living a quie ...more
Katy Lee
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I knew when I picked up Sandra Orchard’s latest release, Perilous Waters, I was in for a frigid, but fun retreat from my normal day to day. Once again, Sandra delivers a creative story with a keep-you-guessing ending. I love cruises as well, but know there are a lot of “mishaps” a suspense writer can utilize on board. Sandra made good use of many of them and kept the story moving with a good flow.

As for the art theft aspect, I particularly liked how she tied it into the cruise theme. I’ll admit
Natalie Walters
Sep 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
A good, clean story whisking you away on a voyage full of romance and suspense. Is Jennifer Robbins really involved in stealing art? Is her twin sister naively trusting their uncle or is she behind the attempts being made on Jen's life? Can Sam separate his role as an FBI agent investigating the Robbins twins or will he trust his heart to the woman he's supposed to be investigating?

Sandra Orchard delivers a quick and fun story that will answer all of those questions and more. The story's settin
Betti
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Cruising holds deep mystery for those who have never had the privilege of spending a period of time on a large ship! The author takes us along on an Alaskan cruise, with details on a number of shore excursions. An undercover assignment on a cruise ship should create excitement for anyone, especially an FBI agent. Between wonderful meals, fascinating shows and all the other activities on board, someone is trying to kill his suspect…..or is she actually a victim? You really need to come aboard and ...more
Ruth
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: yes to everyone liking suspense books
WOW!!! what a surprise ending!!! I loved it!! As I started reading this book, I thought "why did I buy this book because I don't like ships and I don't like art", BUT it kept getting more and more interesting until I finally found it hard to put down!! Then I knew I had it figured out.....oh, how wrong I was!!!! You'll just have to read it to find the answer though!!! It was so good and over all I totally enjoyed every chapter!! So now maybe I might decide I like ships and take a cruise some day ...more
Virginia Winfield
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This started out fast and good and just kept getting better. It was a great romantic suspense novel. I really liked the main characters and did not want certain people to be the bad guys. I look forward to reading more of Sandra's book. I received this book from Sandra Orchard for a fair and honest opinion.
Joanie
Jul 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Sam went undercover on a cruise with his family to Alaska only to watch over art gallery owners, Jennifer and Cass. Jen turned into the victim but who was targeting her? Sam was falling for her but could he become close to anyone ever agaibn? This was a quick and easy and relaxing at times read.
Honey Jimenez
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: my-library
This is a fast passed story about a man who works for the FBI, and is investigating stolen art cases from Seattle all the way to Alaska using a cruise ship vacation as cover with his family.
I try very hard not to let the romantic stuff get in the way of my enjoyment of these books. They are very easy to read.
John Hanscom
Pretty standard for this genre.
Anne
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very fast moving book with lots of intrigue and action and of course, my favorite, love and inspiration!
Samantha Gunning
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sam and Jennifer are a couple that were wounded and had huge voids in their lives that only each other could fill.
Karen
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book.. Such a wonderful Christian Romantic Suspense!! Lots of intrique and non stop action.. Highly recommend this book..
Lisa Jamieson
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great momentum from start to finish!

Great momentum from start to finish! Both mystery and romance kept me guessing until the final pages. Very satisfying and fun reading fun! I’ll be looking for more Orchard books.
Cathy Beckett
May 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-books-read
The book was okay. My problem was that I could lay it down for hours and not even give it a glance. The only reason I finished it was to relive my own Alaskan cruise. We did the same route when we went. It’s bad when you like the secondary characters in the story better than the main characters.
Nancy
Dec 10, 2018 rated it liked it
It was okay...
Laura Mancini
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great characters, suspenseful. This was my first Sandra Orchard book, but I will definitely look to read more from her.
Kathy Mizell
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book kept you always guessing who did it. Very good book.
Pamela
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very very good

I really enjoyed this book, it was excellent. I loved the location of a cruise ship in Alaska. The romances were awesome too.
Bonnie Drummond
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: harlequin
A story about two sisters who want different things and an FBI Agent who has a job to do trying to catch a Art Thief from stilling a valuable painting. As things start to to happen to one of the sisters God is called into help protected all that is happening and of the two family's that stand in the way of the thief.
Harlequin Books
received 4 stars @ RT Book Reviews

"Another edge-of-your-seat read from one of my fave romantic suspense authors. Loved the unique setting -- an Alaskan cruise ship. And the art theft angle is something I haven't read much of before. Both made for a refreshing read." from a review posted by an Harlequin.com member. To read more, go HERE>
Mskathy1031
Taylor
Nov 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Love Inspired Books: Giveaway 1 12 Feb 12, 2014 06:03AM

• Rains of Remorse (Lantern Beach Romantic Suspense #5)
  • Running Blind (Heroes for Hire, #3)
  • Lethal Legacy (Murphy #2)
  • Kill Shot (White Knights #2)
  • Oath of Honor (Blue Justice, #1)
  • Brink of Danger (Fog Lake Mysteries #3)
  • Wrongly Accused (SWAT: Top Cops #1)
  • Deadly Safari
  • High-Caliber Holiday (First Responders #3)
  • Stolen Memories (Witness Protection #3)
  • Yuletide Jeopardy
  • Lost Christmas Memories (Gold Country Cowboys #4)
  • SEAL Under Siege (Men of Valor #2)
  • Deadly Proof (Atlanta Justice, #1)
  • Sworn to Protect (True Blue K-9 Unit #8)
  • Hidden Currents (Lantern Beach Mysteries #1)
  • No One to Trust (Hidden Identity, #1)
  • Calculated Risk
Sandra leaps off the garden trails of her herbal-researcher-turned-amateur-sleuth (Port Aster Secrets) series, to the museum corridors of her plucky FBI art crime agent Serena Jones, in A Fool and His Monet.

When not plotting crimes, Sandra plays make-believe with her grandchildren or hikes with her hubby along the escarpment, near their home in Niagara, Canada.

Her novels have garnered numerous a

News & Interviews