Start by marking “Blue Collar Conservatives: Recommitting to an America That Works” as Want to Read:
Blue Collar Conservatives: Recommitting to an America That Works

Blue Collar Conservatives: Recommitting to an America That Works

“In the summer of 2014, Trump asked me to stop by his office the next time I was in Manhattan... When we walked into his office, he was sitting behind his desk holding a copy of my book Blue Collar Conservatives that I had published that spring. The first thing he said was, 'I read your book.'

I laughed. 'The hell you read my book.'

Trump shot back, 'I did; it was great!'

So
Published April 28th 2014 by Regnery Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Blue Collar Conservatives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Collar Conservatives

Val Sommerville
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In a bold move Senator Rick Santorum takes the reins of the Republican Party’s Stigma identity and serves up a New Direction that GOP leaders across the Nation must embrace or continue to hail nothing but continued failed elections on the National level.
The title of the book and content are not what’s expected. The meat drives home the failings of allowing the Democrat Party to control and shape the economic policies that drives the lives of all those who WORK for a living.
Senator Rick Santorum
Christina Matoski
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This books details why our nation is in the state that we are in. This book and it's contents are so important to make way for change. This information pertains to over 70% of our nations population and deserves to be read and discussed. Many people have negative thoughts about today's politicians because many of us feel they don't care about us. They should right? Since they do work for us, we elected them to be our voices.Mr. Santorum proves he does care and wants to make a difference and he k ...more
Tony
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
It's always difficult to give an opinion about Rick Santorum. All my life I've been a Republican, though the last few years have shifted me to the Libertarian-wing of the party. But growing up in Pennsylvania, I was always proud that Rick Santorum was my senator. The problem is that his view of government and mine no longer align like they once did.

Here's the thing about Rick Santorum: when it comes to diagnosing what's wrong with our country and our culture, he's right. Pretty much every proble
Cari
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Blue Collar Conservatives is the game plan I've been waiting to see. The Republican party would do well to read Senator Santorum's simple yet promising ideas to save our country, one blue collar conservative at a time.
Don't be surprised, though, when you see that this is much more than a book about middle income jobs. Senator Santorum eloquently explains how family is our first economy, and "family makes us stronger."
He details why the social programs of today are harming, not helping, struggl
Nathan Albright
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: challenge2017
Like many people who have an interest in politics and especially those politics that are somewhat right of center [1], I had certain ideas about this author from his unsuccessful campaign in 2012.  Despite my dislike of much of the press and the way that it distorts the picture of political candidates, I must admit that my impression of the author was not initially positive.  Upon reading this book, though, I have to say that my impression changed a great deal.  I found the author to be particul ...more
Ezra
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Santorum believes the family is the core unit of society not the individual. That has interesting implications such as what does that mean where there are so many divorces, single parents, and "failures to launch"? Making policy decisions based on that are also interesting.

I can definitely see evidence that supports Santorum's story that Trump based his campaign on ideas from this book. Certainly he sought the votes of those in the rust belt, jobs for everyone, gut the government, repeal Obamaca
Michael Vincent
Jul 19, 2019 rated it liked it
A solid work which gives Santorum’s views on a variety of issues. He doesn’t get too deep, but shows how his ideas are different than Obama’s and others. He is a pro-life Catholic conservative. I like that he mentioned the Fair tax and raising the retirement age. Nice to hear some of his tales from his campaign and learn more about his family and history.
Adam Graham
Jun 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's no question but that Republicans need to broad the party base. Libertarians and the Party establishment have offered their solutions. In Blue Conservatives, Rick Santorum takes his turn at bat.

Santorum says that the reason why Mitt Romney failed to defeat Barack Obama was that he failed to connect with working Americans, and failed to speak to him. Santorum takes Romney to task for his infamous "47% remark" pointing out that many of the 47% who don't pay taxes and are receiving benefits
Don
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
restructure relationship between Fed and people, stayed home no vote, rights from God not state, we the family, bailouts subsidies cronyism, most everyone sees self as middle class, Obama envy resentment fear, education and parent help single parents, appeal to workers big tent republicans, the rich to poor gap has greatly increased, unemployment benefits at 99 worst help as history proves 27 weeks to re-employment when benefits for 26 at 99 less likely to be re-employed, the rich and npr, HS gr ...more
Jake
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"The family is the first economy," says Santorum in this book, and he could not be more right.
Despite cultural slide, expanding government intrusion, and and economic shifting to a sort of service-based, connection-oriented technocracy, certain pillars still provide the foundation for our society and constitute the cornerstones of our freedom: faith, family, work, and the protection of our God-given liberties. I was already a fan of Santorum because of his promotion of these things, but the clea
Gaitha
Jan 02, 2016 added it
Excellent. Clearly written and to the point with common sense approach to our situations.
Michael Tarpinian
Good treatise. Whether he can work within the Republican Party to advance conservative values is still up in the air. I like him more after reading this.
Brenton
Charlie Burnham
Feb 27, 2015
Christy
Apr 09, 2015
American Republican Party politician. He served as a United States Senator representing Pennsylvania from 1995 to 2007, and was a candidate for the 2012 Republican Party presidential nomination. On April 10, 2012 Santorum announced the end of his presidential bid.

Santorum holds socially conservative positions, including opposition to same-sex marriage and birth control.

In the Senate, he voted for