Start by marking “Earthquake” as Want to Read:
Earthquake

Earthquake

(Earthbound #2)

Tavia Michaels has discovered that she’s an Earthbound—a fallen goddess with the power to remake the Earth—and that a rival faction of Earthbounds, the Reduciata, has created a virus that is literally wiping swaths of the planet out of existence.

Tavia is captured and imprisoned before she can act on this information, along with her eternal lover, Logan. Huddled in a cl
Published July 8th 2014 by Razorbill (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Earthquake, please sign up.
Sophie The third book is called Earthrise. It was released in September 2015.

Kathy
Jan 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
I wish I had waited until the 3rd and final book was out before starting this series. Too late now but that is what I would recommend if you haven't yet started the Earthbound series.

Once again I found that Benson is my favorite character. He makes this series for me.

This second book has a lot of twists and turns and you never really know who is a good guy and who is a bad guy. I found myself flying through this story and quite enjoying it.

I'm really not a fan of love triangles and this one doe
Michelle Wrona
DNF @ 100-120 pages (don't remember haha)

“Logan,” I interrupt, and finally he looks up. “Can’t we just save the world first?”
“My world’s not worth saving without you,” he replies. Then he turns and walks away.”

Earthbound was more of a miss for me, but I wanted to keep going on with this series so I decided to pick this one up. I always liked Tavia and Logan's relationship, and I totally wanted to see it grow and improve.

I didn't like this book. Just to take a note in the future, please don't r
♠️ Tabi ♠️
Oct 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, to-re-read
I don't think I can say much about this book without going into either huge spoilers or extreme fangirl-ese. So I will say this: everything I loved about the first book was quadrupled many times over, dusted liberally with awesomeness and plot twists, and slapped together between the covers of this book. I zipped through this book so fast at first I wasn't sure if I'd read it. So I read it again. (Yes, I do that with books I fall absolutely head-over-heels with.)
There needs to be a third book v
Nancy The book junkie
Review coming soon!
Mycoton32
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

16/20 - Un peu mou parfois ce huis clos mais on a des réponses et l'autrice relance la fin pour la suite de cette aventure !
Melissa Parsons
Oh my god! I can't believe I finished this book. I dreaded reading this book. I cringed when I saw this book. I've never cringed so much just from looking at a book.

The first book in the series was pretty interesting. The rest of Aprilynne's books are good. But this is a hot mess. It starts out good, with Tavia and Logan taken and have to escape, but every time they try, they fail.

Then... it just drags on and gets old and clichéd.

Tavia is so in love with Logan. Then suddenly she's not. Then she
Becky
Oct 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I quite enjoyed book 1, and it left me wanting answers to my questions so I ordered book 2, realising it hasn't actually been out that long. I had to wait for it to come in at the library for me, and I found myself checking for it. Then I got the perfect chance to read it, I had to take my car in to be serviced last week and with a 2 and a half hour wait ahead of me, I settled into the waiting room and started to read.

I managed to get about three quarters of the way through the book in that tim
Liz
Jul 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
Originally posted on elizziebooks.com

Earthquake gets really science-y with Tavia helping find the vaccine for the virus that has been spreading throughout the Earthbounds.

Characters
I felt like we were never really given any reason to like Logan. There’s this undying admiration for Tavia, but other than that, he’s just a loyal lap dog. I felt like in Earthbound we really got to know Benson. I did LOVE Thomas and Alanna. Give ‘em a minute. I mean, really. GIVE THEM A FREAKING MINUTE. *closes the
Kelly
Oct 14, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked reading Earthquake even though i wasn't as excited as i was for the first book. It took me a little while to remember the storyline but even now i can't quite recall everything that happened. It didn't stop me from enjoying it.

It was intense and action-packed. That's how i'd describe it. From the start you have an idea of what you'll get all along the book. Benson was my favorite character even though I liked Logan too.

(view spoiler)
Colleen Houck
I guessed there would be one more after this one and I am right. At least I very much hope I'm right. Lots of reveals and secrets in this one. It left me on the edge of my seat. Favorite part was the heroine coming into her powers! As with the Wings series, I'm really torn between two great guys.
Alaina
Mar 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this book was alright. I liked it at times, and then I didn't at others.

I'll start off with what I didn't like:

The book didn't really spend much time on the main problem, the virus. The author didn't even tell us what the virus was, just that it was killing millions of people everyday. Like, how did the virus even start?
Other than that, I didn't like the whole love triangle between Logan and Benson. Ugh I hated that. It got REALLY annoying and made me want to throw the book across the
Cecily Kyle
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting continuation of the series, I am quite enjoying being inside the mind of Aprilynne, I think this would be a cool movie if they managed to do it correctly.
Decent Read!
Rachel
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aprilynne Pike’s EARTHQUAKE is an incredibly exciting, nail-biting, suspenseful and action-filled second book in the Earthbound series. It takes readers back to a world that is even darker and deadlier than the one they left at the end of book one. The mystery goes even deeper, there are even more twists and turns, and with nearly everyone’s motives suspect, it makes for an unputdownable read.

With only a few memories of her past lives, Tavia Michaels doesn’t feel like the goddess she once was an
Ricarda Scola
Meine Meinung:

"Die Liebe der Göttin" von Aprilynne Pike ist ein überraschender Abschluss, der zwar alles andere als perfekt, dafür aber sehr unterhaltsam ist.

Obwohl ich diesem Buch wirklich entgegen gefiebert habe, fiel mir der Einstieg unfassbar schwer. Ich konnte mich an so gut wie nichts erinnern, was vor allem dazu führte, dass ich die ersten Kapitel absolut nicht ernst nehmen konnte. Zu meiner Verteidigung: die Protagonistin stellt sich dort aber auch wirklich dumm an! Immerhin machten es m
Jade
description
Who will win her heart, Destiny or True love??
Will the Earth be saved or fated to be destroyed?!

Tavia has to found who and what she really is, try to save the world from death and destruction, as well, workout her confused feelings for two men who hold half of her heart.
I didn’t have any high hopes or great exceptions for this book, the only reason I picked up ‘Earthquake’ was because of the ending in ‘Earthbound’.
description

Earthquake has the actions, twist and bonding relationships, which was what
Misty
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't like love triangles. Especially ones where one of the guys is somehow "fated" to the girl. It makes it unbalanced and like the choice isn't really valid if it's supernaturally pushed. I also don't like unmarried teenage sex in YA novels, even if it's just implied and even if they've technically been together since the beginning of time. That said, I'm enjoying this series. This one was less predictable than the first and had more action and info. A good second book, often the second book ...more
Eugenia Argerami
Actual rating: 2.5 stars
I decided to stop reading this book because while a small part of me actually likes it, I'm mostly just seriously bored and uninterested.
So I'm stopping now and probably going to continue it some other time because I still think that this book has a chance. Maybe it's just me.
Keely
How do you read the book it sounds great but I can't read it
Emmy Lou
There were some awesome plot twists in here that I really enjoyed and didn't see coming, but I had a few issues, mainly the love triange.
Jessica Gilham
Definitely looking forward to this!!
Silvy Herondale
Poco meno di 3 stelle!
Quella ragazza mi fa incazzare come una iena!! Spero che il terzo sia migliore, anche se non so se lo leggerò! Prima voglio sapere come va a finire la trilogia, poi deciderò!
Beth
Dec 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC from netgalley

Little slow at first but some great action and revelations toward the end!
Carole
Dec 07, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

Lorsque j’avais découvert Le baiser de la déesse, à la sortie du premier tome, j’étais vraiment très curieuse. La mythologie m’avait vraiment beaucoup plu et j’avais vraiment envie de passer au-delà de mes appréhensions et mes doutes en poursuivant avec ce second tome.

Tavia, déesse puissante et son âme sœur, Logan, doivent fuir la Rédiciata qui tente de détruire la planète. Seule Tavia à le pouvoir de les en empêcher. Alors qu’au fil des siècles, sa relati
Romanticamente Fantasy
Parto dicendovi che purtroppo questa saga non mi ha soddisfatto come la precedente, men che meno questo libro.

Sicuramente Forever è migliore del libro precedente, Soulmates, sia in termini di scrittura, sia per quanto riguarda la modalità con cui vengono trattati i temi. Finalmente il lettore comincia a capire di più della storia, inizia a sentirsi parte di essa, che segue un filo logico e spiega i poteri e il passato degli Earthbound; ma allo stesso tempo i personaggi non mi emozionano, non rie
Miss
Nov 12, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, own
It is with great sadness to say that I did not finish this book and I will not be continuing this series. Halfway through and I just couldn't keep reading this. I understand that Tavia and Logan are supposed soul mates, but we're hardy given anything as to why they still have an attraction to one another. Yes the whole curse thing, but beyond that I don't get why they had this intense and passionate relationship. I'm not going to lie, I actually decided to read reviews for the next book to see i ...more
Amanda
Feb 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, romance, ya
I really enjoyed this book. I enjoy the concepts of this series and I really feel the pressure coming off the pages as I'm reading the more action packed segments. I can't wait to read the next installment in the series.
Nicole Eatough
I enjoyed the first book of this series, but about halfway through the second book the story became plot hole after plot hole. I'm surprised a story with so many inconsistencies or things that don't make sense/weren't explained was published.
Lisa Dickson
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it great ending knew she was gonna choose him... sad that the library doesn’t carry the third book
Amy Webster-Bo
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good second book read in 24 hours
San Francisco Earthquake 1906 1 1 Jul 31, 2017 08:49PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Earthquake by Aprilynne Pike - Starting on July 14th 25 12 Jul 21, 2015 01:07PM
  • Run To You Part II: Second Glance
  • Creators (The Lost Souls, #3)
  • Chasing Before (The Memory Chronicles, #2)
  • Willowgrove (Hemlock, #3)
  • Find Me Where the Water Ends (So Close to You, #3)
  • Fragile Destiny (The Aether Chronicles, #3)
  • Such Sweet Sorrow
  • Remember Me (Find Me, #2)
  • Tabula Rasa (Tabula Rasa, #1)
  • Banished (The Blackhart Legacy, #1)
  • Dance of Fire (Dance of Shadows, #2)
  • Meridian (Arclight, #2)
  • Blackfeather (Blackfeather #1)
  • Paranoia (The Night Walkers, #2)
  • Jordyn and the Caverns of Gloom (A Daemon Hunter, #2)
  • Essence
  • Invincible (Aerling, #3)
  • Resistance (Replica, #2)
Aprilynne Pike has been spinning faerie stories since she was a child with a hyper-active imagination. At the age of twenty she received her BA in Creative Writing from Lewis-Clark State College in Lewiston, Idaho. When not writing, Aprilynne can usually be found at the gym; she also enjoys singing, acting, reading, and working with pregnant moms as a childbirth educator and doula. Aprilynne curre ...more

Earthbound (3 books)
  • Earthbound (Earthbound, #1)
  • Earthrise (Earthbound #3)
“My world’s not worth saving without you,” he replies.
Then he turns and walks away.”
2 likes