Start by marking “Embers & Ash (Cold Fury, #3)” as Want to Read:
Embers & Ash (Cold Fury, #3)

Embers & Ash

(Cold Fury #3)

Sara Jane Rispoli is on the wrong side of the Russian mob, but closer to finding her family than ever. And she's willing to do whatever it takes to finally end this terrible journey even if the price is her own life.

The very cold fury that has seen her through the worst of her troubles is now killing her; she knows the cure, but she can't sacrifice the deadly electricity
Published July 10th 2014 by G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Embers & Ash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Embers & Ash

Nancy The book junkie
Review coming soon!
Haley
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Flicker and Burn is the finale to the Cold Fury trilogy. This series is action packed and show cases the city I am closet to: Chicago. This series is unlike any I’ve ever read. It’s a crime thriller, but has a paranormal/sci-fi element.

Sara Jane has an ability called cold fury. She can use it see a person’s deepest fear and make them see it too when she looks in their eye. She can use it to make them do what she tells them (compulsion). She also has electricity in her body because of some enzym
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Finally the last and finally book and WOOHOO, did I ever enjoy it. I really love the buildup of this series and the way it ends…absolutely perfect.

Plot: This story picks up where the last book left off and Sara is gearing up for the final battle. She is piecing together her family history seamlessly and vastly learning everything she can. Sara is just steps away from saving herself but at times I wonder who will save her? This plot builds up nicely with so much action to fight scenes to much dra
Kristina
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, review
What I Loved
Final
This is the final book in the trilogy and what a ride this whole series has been. Everything was summed up very well. A fast paced, kick ass book with something crazy happening on every page. One thing after another kept on happening to Sara Jane, the poor girl, she is one character I would never want to trade places with. Oh man what an ending! Just when you think you have it all figured out something crazy happens and a new twist occurs.
Action
Never a dull moment or boring slow
Kristen
The final installment of the series really was packed with action and intrigue. Sara Jane is finally getting closer to finding her family and saving them. It may just take 4 million in gold and an untimely death. This is one of my favorite action series. I love the mystery and intrigue. It makes me want to venture into Chicago to find some of these mythical Capone doors.

If you haven't checked out this series yet, you ought to!
Ricky
A great conclusion to this great trilogy. Even if it did end a bit ambiguously, but then it also had a really good climax where someone I really hated got locked up in a vault, presumably for the rest of her (very short) life. :)
Chapter by Chapter
Oct 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been a huge fan of author T.M Goeglein’s Cold Fury series since I read the very first book a couple years back. Needless to say I was hooked. The protagonist, the setting, the badassery of it all—you can’t even begin to understand how sad I am that the series is coming to its end. Sarah Jane is a main character who I cheered on to the very end and while I’m crossing my fingers for a spin-off series (or to get a chance to read something else of Goeglein’s work) who knows that could happen af ...more
Ed Casey
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have seen people on Twitter compare this novel trilogy to one of my favorite movies series the Jason Bourne movies. I can see why as these novels read like movie scripts packed with the frenetic pacing and all the action of the Bourne series. This trilogy is so much fun you feel you need to be reading with a tub of popcorn in your lap.
Sara Jane Rispoli's family was kidnapped in the first novel. She learns while looking for them that her father served aa counselor-at-large for the Chicago mob.
Ally
Feb 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Cold Fury's trilogy ends with Embers & Ash. For some reason, I'd taken upon calling this book Embers & Ashes, so forgive me if I accidently slip up throughout this review. I sometimes think that Embers & Ashes sound better than Embers & Ash. But let's get back to the review, and I'll stop stalling.

I tire of mafia books. Or "mafiya" as some books like to call it. I think I'd read five already, but the number might actually be two or three. So it is an exaggeration... Anyway, I'd
Beth
Jul 14, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
When comparisons are made to the Sopranos (except for how it is appropriate for teenage readers and with a bit of a sci-fi tweaking), I cannot help but say… YES! YES… because the books read much like that show, in bursts of emotion, action, dialogue that are all leading to a finale that will rip your heart out since you’re so deeply involved with the family and behind Sara Jane completely.

And Embers & Ash is that grand ending. The moment that sticks… and sticks with you after you close the b
Deborah
Aug 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
So I think this is the final book in the series. I always find it hard to review the last book in a series, as I know that nothing else is going to happen and this makes how the book ends really important to me, and unfortunately I wasn't entirely happy with how this ended but more on that later.

There were many things I liked and enjoyed about this book, firstly I like that although this books starts a month on from Flicker & Burn, that we get to know what happens as a result of Sara Jane's
Victoria Stolte
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Stellar finish to an awesome series! If you thought the first 2 books in the series had twists and turns you have not seen nothing yet. In the final installment we find SJ doing her usual thing. After scouring and scouring for the Ultimate Power it finally comes with-in her grasp, but with the "Reds" (Russian Mob) and Big decisions coming upon her, making it even more perilous that she find what she needs and saves her family, it seems to always elude her. T.M. keeps you guessing til the end in ...more
Debbie
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This last book in the "Cold Fury" trilogy does not disappoint. What a way to go out.
Lots more action, lots more surprises and lots more excitement.
In this last installment of the trilogy, we find Sarah Jane Rispoli still hunting her family down and trying to find the key to ultimate power. As she continues the search, the excitement heats up and the twists and turns of the first two novels are nothing compared to this ones.
I am so sad that this series ended. I can picture this series being an
Carol Eshaghy
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
2 1/2 stars. Readable but unbelievable story of a girl in the Chgo Mob fighting a takeover attempt by the Russian Mob. She also has superhuman powers. This is the third book of a trilogy and I hadnt read the first two so some parts were confusing.
Annika
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: four-star-books
It was a really good book, but I found that too many people were killed. I know that that's mafia for you, but it was kind of not necessary for the story in my mind. I though that the rest of the story was really good though.
Molly Staron
Dec 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Crazy rush to the finish. Good fun and lots of butt-kicking!
Eve
May 13, 2017
Alexandra Zane
Mar 22, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Silent Murders (Roaring Twenties Mystery, #2)
  • The Iris Fan (Sano Ichiro #18)
  • Grave Phantoms (Roaring Twenties, #3)
  • Playing by the Book
  • American Queen: The Rise and Fall of Kate Chase Sprague — Civil War "Belle of the North" and Gilded Age Woman of Scandal
  • Paris Pan Takes the Dare
  • Once in a Promised Land
  • Duck & Goose Go to the Beach
  • Beatrice and Benedick
  • Gangster Squad: Covert Cops, the Mob, and the Battle for Los Angeles
  • Broken Notes (Heavy Influence, #2)
  • Hearts of Chaos (Deadglass, #3)
  • Chorus (Coda #2)
  • Double Down (Lois Lane, #2)
  • Now and for Never (Never #3)
  • The Gifted Dead (Gifted, #1)
  • Over It (The Kiss Off #2)
  • Strike (The SYLO Chronicles, #3)
T.M. Goeglein began his career as a writer of print and television ads for a host of advertising and media companies. As a screenwriter, he created both original scripts and worked as a script doctor for several production companies in Los Angeles. He was an original contributor to the Huffington Post 'Living' section, and continues to write for both the national edition and Huffington Post Chicag ...more

Cold Fury (3 books)
  • Cold Fury (Cold Fury, #1)
  • Flicker & Burn (Cold Fury, #2)
“You're... pretty sick, huh?" I said.
"There's the no-shit statement of the day." - Lucky”
0 likes