Start by marking “Battle Angel (Immortal City, #3)” as Want to Read:
Battle Angel (Immortal City, #3)

Battle Angel

(Immortal City #3)

It's going to take a lot more than fame to save the Immortal City in its darkest hour...

With Maddy torn between two loves, Guardian Jackson and heroic pilot Tom, and Angels and humans on the brink of an epic war, the Immortal City is more vulnerable than ever. And when demons descend upon Angel City with the intent to destroy, the humans don't stand a fighting chance wit
Published August 28th 2014 by Razorbill (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Battle Angel, please sign up.

Lisa RC
Oct 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy, angels
Battle Angel: Abridged Lisa's Edition
WHAT SHE THINKS WILL HAPPEN

[WHO WILL SHE CHOOSE?]

Maddie (M): I can't decide.
Jacks (J): Choose me. You know that we can't perish the angels. They're needed here.
Tom (T): REMEMBER WHAT YOUR FATHER FOUGHT FOR!
M: Sorry, Jacks.
J: But...but I love you.
M: I do too. But I can't be blinded by love [Why the cheesiness? Speer is a cheesy author]
[Meanwhile, the demons are coming up]
J: Screw it. I'm saving the mortals! Maddie, please forgive me. Wings are what d
Serena (The Book Comedian)
Mar 15, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: reviews

Okay I know this is inappropriate because I just finished the first book literally 30 minutes ago, I didn't read the 2nd book yet, and it's like 4:30am, but my literal reaction to reading this summary:

"Tom?? What the heck, who is that? WHO IS THIS TOM YOU SPEAK OF?"

IS JACKSON'S LOVE NOT ENOUGH? -SAD-

*follow for more reviews*
Suzana
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sigh yet another love triangle 0.0
Sorry people I am totally gunning for Jackson :)
I hope they end up together plus I wonder if they have kids will it be three quarters angel :)
Ashley
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Nose Graze — Book reviews & blogging tips

The Immortal City series didn't quite go the way I hoped it would. I'm not sure if it was necessarily a bad, ending—it just wasn't the ending that I wanted. Because of that, I'm not left with particularly fond thoughts of the book.

The #1 problem for me was the love triangle. This was introduced in Natural Born Angel and it continues in Battle Angel . I thought this whole triangle was a joke. It felt like a completely unnecessary element of the stor
Gabriela
Dec 23, 2013 marked it as to-read
Ahhh i need this!!! like right now!

description
Mig
Oct 29, 2013 marked it as to-buy
Not a big fan of the paperback covers.
Anji Cooper
Sep 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: disappointed
For full review and more reviews go to anjibooks.weebly.com

SPOILERS TO BATTLE ANGEL BELOW

Ugh when I read that she chose Tom. I slammed the book. Which was a shame because since it's a wimpy paperback it didn't take it as well as a hardcover would. How could she choose Tom after all she'd been through with Jackson? The thing between Maddy and Tom was definitely instalove. Remember when I said it was okay that Jackson and Maddy had a kind of instalove because it was believable and they went throug
Michelle Wrona
This review can also be found on A Thousand Lives Lived, check it out for more!

DNF @ 100 pages

Hell no. I just can’t read this book. It’s most likely because my taste in books have changed and I’m so against paranormal-romances. There are only the few books that feature angels which I’m able to read, but I won’t take anything that doesn’t look very appeasing to me. Battle Angel was horrible.

I just can’t take books that deal with those cheesy stories of the apocalypse and our “kick-butt” main c
Frank Chillura
Sep 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: angels
Once again, I am reviewing the final book in a series that I have loved since the minute I read the first chapter 3 years ago. Like I have said before, 2014 is the year for finales on too many of the most incredible book series I have ever read.

Battle Angel is book 3 in Scott Speer's Immortal City series and like the previous 2 books, it does not hold out on action packed fight scenes, suspenseful story-telling, & a love triangle that is worth dying for.

The Dark Angels are coming, but the I
Zara Khan
Sep 22, 2015 rated it really liked it

What is the need to shove in an unwanted , utterly dumb love triangle in the story?

Why are all the Y.A writers so obsessed with lame love triangles?

Beats me

Maddy was never my favorite female protagonist ,She always seemed a little too harsh to me .
Jackson,on the other hand had been one of my favorite characters since the beginning of the trilogy.He is battling with depression over loosing his ability to fly and trying to cope up with the way Maddy's fame raising steadily and the lime light had s
Gracie
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a action packed conclusion to a great trilogy. The narrative was less from Maddy's POV but I think this worked well as the main element of the book - the war - is very complicated so multiple views are needed to understand its complexity. I absolutely loved the first book and loved Maddy and Jacks together so was disappointed when she chose (view spoiler) The story finishes ...more
Tween 2 Teen Book Reviews
I really enjoyed the previous books, and was expecting a fun, happy ending. Basically, the end was stupid.
Well. Okay. Um.

Alright. This book is the conclusion to a trilogy. The premise is imaginative and interesting and the first book was quite good, despite the slightly iffy quality of the writing itself. The author is a movie director who had never written a book before. I'm willing to forgive.

The second book went downhill a little. Angel training, interesting, the setup for the final book and the war for the fate of the world. Sure. Fascinating. Great. Though the introduction of a completely unnec
Debbie
Jul 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
Speer uses every trick that makes books sell..and not in a good way..

What the hell was that? I can honestly say epic fail. Sorry Speer, but you pulled a Veronica Roth, on top of a Stephanie Meyer..what was a decent story and interesting take on what would happen if Angels lived among us became a complete, tragic, frustrating boring mess.

I hated Tom. He was random, and didn't act like a military officer at all. I was shocked he didn't get kicked out of his unit with his behaviour around Maddy. P
Jan 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
Alexandra
Mar 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
On the final battle between Demons and Angels Maddy will have to decide who she wants more and who she will have to leave behind. In the escalating battle between good and evil, mistakes are made, sacrifices will force beloved ones apart and the new order will be born.

Although I loved the previous books, I was way out of my 'reading waters' ith the third one. I didn't expect some scenes to happen and at some point Maddy's actions seemed to be a little planned.

Jackson's actions were odd in contr
Fiorella Boschetti
Jen
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
For a final book, one I have waited an entire year to read, that was sadly disappointing.
Charlotte Bugler
Oct 18, 2013 marked it as to-read-unreleased
Release date.. Anyone?!
Sasha
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it

Battle Angel is the final book in the Immortal City series and it was amazeballs. The story was so compelling that I gobbled the book in almost one sitting. I love the action, the heartbreak, the angels and most of all the plot.

Just as problems breakout between the humans and the angels, the dark angels (demons) emerge and is threatening humanity but the angels are nowhere to be seen. It's going to be up to half-human/half-angel Maddy to work with the humans to help save mankind, if only the ang
Duchessbookworm
“Just like Jacks, Maddy Montgomery, waitress and high school student, was gone, too. They had both been affected, irreparably wounded, and now they bore the scars of their journeys. Some journeys change us forever…:

The first chapter set the feels, I paid attention to every word, and detail. So many freaking pondering moments about life. Maddy makes a lot of hard decisions based off the choices presented to her.

“Life can pivot on a single choice, a pinpoint of time, causing ripples of conseque
♡Meme♡Reads love♡
You know I can't I just can't I got as far as I could go and I can't deal with it anymore so disappointed (it's not that serious lol)
I just wasted my eyeballs last night and this day trying to struggle to finish it. Why the hell was there a love triangle it was absolutely pointless just dumb anyway another not what I thought it would be, but again the first of the series was the bomb then the next two books... thumbs down. but I will say the side character the detective David Sylvester was amazi
Janelle Hackbarth
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
The battle of Angel City is about to start...and this book picks up right where it's prior one, "Natural Born Angel" left off.

I really enjoyed the first book, and the second one was cool, but I'm just not really into battle books all that much. It was a little gore, but not too descriptive where I was squinting.

I did enjoy the twists and turns of this book. I am not going to say what they were, but there were times I was shocked and surprised. It's a good wrap up to the trilogy.
Apr 29, 2019 added it
The love triangle which is annoying in the second book, becomes unbearable in this one. It's a shame, because the main plot is actually better than I thought it would be.
Also, the 'twist' was obvious in my opinion. I'd guessed it long before it was revealed. I understand that's not going to be the case for everyone though.
Isabella (The Feminist Bookworm)
This book made this entire series f------ pointless. It has one of the most (if not THE most) ridiculous endings to a book that I have ever read. I hated the ending to this 10 times more than I hated the ending to Allegiant, and that is saying A LOT. I am going to pretend that Immortal City is a standalone. This was just awful. Like, why? Ugh, just thinking about it makes me so mad.
Lia
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, the whole series was amazing! There really were many plot-twists, and a great story-line. The ending of this book, however, although it was great and touching, it was SO sad yet so sweet! Though it did bring justice to the series, what a fantastic to finish it! I’d definitely recommend for an audience of about 12+. Once again, awesome series, I wish there were more books!
Chelsea
Jun 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I don't know how I feel about the end of this book.
Carelina
Oct 19, 2018 rated it liked it
« previous 1 3 4 next »
angels 1 15 Jun 09, 2014 09:12AM

• Reign Fall (Demon Princess #3)
  • The Demoness of Waking Dreams (The Company of Angels, #2)
  • Age of the Fifth (Carrier, #3)
  • Fury (Mercy, #4)
  • A Whispered Darkness
  • Wings (Black City, #3)
  • Touching Embers (Touch, #3)
  • The Secret Journal of Ichabod Crane
  • Collide (The Taking, #3)
  • Untitled (Annex, #3)
  • A Slither of Hope (Angel Sight, #2)
  • Creators (The Lost Souls, #3)
  • Chasing Stars (After Eden, #2)
  • Find Me Where the Water Ends (So Close to You, #3)
  • Capture (The Clann #4)
  • Toxic Heart (Mystic City, #2)
  • Broken (Avena, #2)
  • Burn Bright (Dark Star, #2)
Scott Speer is a movie and music video director and a graduate of the University of Southern California's School of Cinema Television. He has directed music videos for artists such as Will.I.Am, Jordin Sparks, and Ashley Tisdale and is currently directing Step Up 4. Scott lives in Los Angeles, California.

Immortal City (3 books)
  • Immortal City (Immortal City, #1)
  • Natural Born Angel (Immortal City, #2)