Start by marking “Tokyo Ghoul, tome 1 (Tokyo Ghoul, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tokyo Ghoul, tome 1 (Tokyo Ghoul, #1)

Tokyo Ghoul, tome 1

(Tokyo Ghoul #1)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  65,112 ratings  ·  1,405 reviews
À Tokyo, sévissent des goules, monstres cannibales se dissimulant parmi les humains pour mieux s’en nourrir. Étudiant timide, Ken Kaneki est plus intéressé par la jolie fille qui partage ses goûts pour la lecture que par ces affaires sordides, jusqu’au jour où il se fait attaquer par l’une de ces fameuses créatures. Mortellement blessé, il survit grâce à la greffe des orga ...more
Published September 27th 2013 by Éditions Glénat (first published February 17th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Tokyo Ghoul, tome 1, please sign up.
Crisanto J. Jorda I'd say Project ARMS (which actually inspired AoT, according to AoT's author). Other than that, TG is in a category of its own, on writing alone.
Marshall I would say that the first volume would be teens. I haven't read the rest of the series but volume one wasn't terribly graphic from what I remember. I…moreI would say that the first volume would be teens. I haven't read the rest of the series but volume one wasn't terribly graphic from what I remember. I hope that I helped.(less)

Jesse (JesseTheReader)
i loved this so much! i'm already so attached to the main character.
Aya Hamza
“I’m not the protagonist of a novel or anything. I’m a college student who likes to read, like you could find anywhere. But.. if, for argument’s sake, you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be a TRAGEDY!”

photo maxresdefault_zpssfvuuojc.jpg

This is so PAINFUL!! A real TRAGEDY!
 photo imageedit_12_5997116848_zps8vpsqnyd.jpg
 photo 146288415372472 2_zpsb0fkzqmp.jpg
 photo 146288415372472_zpss7scxymq.jpg

This manga is about a normal boy "Kaneki" that had an organ transplantation from a "Ghoul".. then he finds that he can't act normal as he was. He became a "ghoul" after the operation!!
He finds many difficulties in his
AMEERA
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow
Axle
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is probably THE most amazing manga of the century. Inspired by Takatsuki Sen's "Egg of the Black Goat," it shows the mental and physical progress of a once innocent boy into something much darker but still retaining some of the gentleness of his former self. The literary analogies and intriguing plotline and battles scenes come together to make this one of the most eloquent action mangas to ever exist. There are deep underlying meanings in this manga that can interest any level of reader. I ...more
BondS
Aug 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Chapter 1 to Chapter 9
»»» My Reactions «««
★★★✩✩

Jan Philipzig
The Goo Goo Muck

Meh. Weren’t teenagers supposed to fall prey to vampires or turn into werewolves when they get horny? Must be getting old… It’s a zombie world now, so our shy, angst-ridden protagonist falls for - you guessed it - a sexy, well-adjusted, dolled-up ghoul... and, well, let’s just say: somehow ends up with her organs in his body. Next thing our hero knows, he craves human flesh - bummer!

Yep, it’s all a bit clunky, contrived and generic - and the gore doesn’t really change that. Tokyo
Anniebananie
3,5 Sterne für den Tokyo Ghoul von mir

Da ich keine Vergleichswerte vorweisen kann, ist meine Rezi wohl seeeeehr subjektiv und laienhaft, sorry dafür. Also es ist halt nicht mit einem Buch zu vergleichen. Es passiert storymäßig halt eher wenig, aber das könnte auch daran liegen, dass es der Einführungsband war.
Aber ich habe eindeutig gefallen am Thema gefunden und auch von Mangas an sich bin ich nicht mehr abgeneigt.
Es ließ sich schrecklich schnell lesen, daher werde ich eindeutig auch noch dem z
Romie
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
I definitely see why so many people like this manga!
I liked the MC, though I wanted to punch some sense into him sometimes and tell him to stop crying and do something with his life . . . but then again, the guy just became something he thinks as a ‘monster’ so I can understand why it's so hard for him to be at peace with himself.
I'm pretty excited to read the next volumes!

3.75
Roya
Jun 07, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: okay
I’m slowly getting back into reading after a six month hiatus. I’ve never taken so much time away from reading and at times it felt like I was losing a part of myself. I used to be so in love with books and reading, but I slowly stopped wanting to do so much as pick up a book. I’d be lucky if I finished ten pages. Along the way, I realised that all this time I’ve been developing other interests and changing in general. And that’s okay and understandable. As much as reading was once a part of me, ...more
Mario
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels, manga
Great start to a series. Even though I already knew what was going to happen ('cause I've seen the anime) it was still really interesting to read. The art style kind of reminded me of art style of Attack on Titan, but to me, that was a good thing, because I love AoT's art style. Can't wait to continue on with the series and see where the story will go.
David Schaafsma
Tokyo Girl is the name of a Japanese television drama series that aired on 2008- 2009. This horror manga is not about this tv program.

It is also not about this Ace of Base song:

It also has nothing to do with David Bowie's "China Girl."

It is a ghoul story, though it is also a girl story, a girl named Rize a shy boy named Kaneki has a crush on. Then things get messy. K. survives the date with Rize, but with surgery, so now he's a half-ghoul. He lives in bot
Tariq Alferis
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
.أنا لست بطل الرواية أو شيء من هذا القبيل، أنا طالب الجامعي الذي يحب قراءة القصص الذي قد تجده في أي مكان ، لو افترضنا أنك ستكتب قصة معي ، فأنا سألعب دور البطل، سوف تكون بالتأكيد مأساة."

كانت صُدفة وأحلى صدفة شُفت مُراجعة لرفيق هُنا يتحدث عن مانغا "غول طوكيو"، وفي نفس الوقت كُنت في فترة البحث عن مانغا للقراءة خلال سنة.الجديدة.
من وجهة نظري أن المانغا أحد أهم علامات الأدب العالمي وتُمثل ثقل ثقافي لأحد أهم الشعوب "اليابان"، أغلب ناس تستغرب من مُشاهدة الأنمي، أو قراءة المانغا علي أساس أنه شيء مخصص لل
Nasser Salah
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, manga
this manga is interesting. a world that humans and Ghouls lives together, even the human's knows there existence. but they act like they don't even exist the ghouls i mean. even though the ghouls eat the human flesh. humans just ignores them.
but one day, a kid named kaneke, sorry if i said his name wrong. anyway. this interesting kid, even though he's not that interesting at the beginning. but when he turns to half ghoul. thing would turn upside down for him. it would be hard for him to except h
Giulia

My journey into everything Japanese continues!
Or: I absolutely adored the anime when I watched it, and since I needed more of this amazing universe in my life while waiting for the next season, I moved on to the manga. The art is incredible, and even though this is just the beginning, the story is the one I already know and love - eerie, bloody and dramatic.

Bonus content. Things that prove that Kaneki Ken is totally my soulmate:

• He is a giant book nerd that spends his whole time read
Maria
Mar 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So far, I’m enjoying this more than i enjoyed the anime, but still 😕...maybe it’s just a little too creepy, even for me.
Vishakha ~ ReadingSpren ~
I’m not the protagonist of a novel or anything…I’m a college student who likes to read, like you could find anywhere. But… if, for argument’s sake, you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be… a tragedy.

-Kaneki Ken, Ch 1

photo Capture_2_zpsxu7425kv.jpg

This is the story of an average college guy, who finds himself attacked by a ghoul, creatures with supernatural strength, speed and abilities and who only eat human flesh. As fate has it, our guy Kaneki ends up in a hospital with the organs of one
Monique

Tokyo Ghoul is coming out with an English edition?!

FINALLY!!!!!!

Wait...It's coming out in June of next year?!?!

AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! THAT'S EVEN LONGER THAN THE SEASON 2 RELEASE DATE!!!!!!!

I'll go insane...
Sushi (寿司)
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dopo la mia dipartita nel 2010 e l'allontanamento per 6-7 anni dal mondo dei manga tradotti in italiano, Tokyo Ghoul è stato un pò una scommessa. Volevo leggerlo di brutto. Ok, più vedere l'anime di brutto ma sono arrivata tardi è licensed. Lo so lo so non sarebbe male e molti gioiscono al fatto ma come odio gli orrori di traduzione nei libri la stessa cosa vale per anime, film e serie tv. Ho fatto l'università di lingue e ora sono autodidatta per il giapponese quindi è una deformazione professi ...more
Ana Sofia Ferreira
Up until now, it's pretty faithful to the anime! I don't remember it well, but I think this entire volume happened in episode 1 and perhaps 2 as well.

It's really interesting to see Kaneki and the parallels between him and the books he read. Also Nishiki seems more evil here than I remember him. Hide is precious, he needs to be protected forever!

I hope that by reading the manga I get a deeper understanding of Kaneki and his reasons, but I'm expecting things to start shifting from the anime only a
Mal
Nov 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
you may not be a ghoul, but you're not a human either. there's no place for someone who can't decide between being one or the other.

And so the misery begins.
I watched the first season and ...
Have been ... avoiding season two.
Because I know. I know.
I don't want to go through that pain.
So naturally I start the manga.
Aleksandra
description

A bookstore date... isn't that every book-lover's dream?

___

Although I watched the anime before, I enjoy this manga so much. I just picked it up to have a look at something and I accidentally read the whole thing— oops.
High Lady Indy
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My friend has brought this book to school for me today just so I can read it since I watched the anime and honestly I love it and I was able to finish it in one day!!! I had some of many questions I had answered even tho this is the first book which means I need to read more of them to complete my list of questions:) the hunt is on!!!
Sue Moro
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, horror
Intriguing plot and fantastic artwork! I'm looking forward to reading more is this series!
Yukino
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, 2018-comics, manga, miei
TOKYO GHOUL vol. 1

Ero curiosa di leggerlo. Poi qui su GR una mia vicina lo sta leggendo. Così leggendo tutti suoi commenti positivi e di altri, per non parlare di mia nipote, bé non ce l’ho fatta più. Sono andata in fumetteria per altro, ma quando l’ho visto non ho resistito, l’ho comprato e l’ho letto. E sono stata folgorata. Bello bello bello. Kaneki e la sua disperazione mi hanno trafitto il cuore. E la storia inizia a farsi interessante. Dico solo “a me il prossimo!” Fortuna che ho preso i p
Clara (Clarylovesbooks)
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I binge watched the anime and decided to give the manga a try, and it was a great decision! I love how dark the story is, the drawings are beautiful and detailed, and love Ken Kaneki, I already feel very attatched to this character and his story.
Magdalen
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Having watched the anime it was high time I started reading the manga.
How could I ever not enjoy a plot where the main protagonist is a person who loves to read and hates social events?
Even though I knew what was going to happen I still loved it. It's a great start for an awesome manga! Oh I cannot wait to read more and find out what the hell happens next 'cause I've been told things get messy!
Have I already mentioned that it is epic?
Maria (Big City Bookworm)

Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars!

I've been meaning to either start reading the manga or start watching the anime for a while now, but for whatever reason I kept putting it off. I FINALLY picked this one up and read it!

I really like the concept of this story and the content seems to be something that I'll really enjoy if I continue with the series!

I just have one question, should I continue by reading the manga or by watching the anime?! I'd love your opinions!
Jo (That book-hoarding geek)
"You may not be a ghoul, but you're not a human either. There's no place for someone who can't decide between being one or the other"

I loved this manga. Having not watched the anime of Tokyo Ghoul, I was rather excited to get my hands on the first book.
Firstly, the artwork in this is absolutely incredible. It is fantastically dramatic, dark and eerie. The battles are intense, bloody and the entire book overall, is action packed.
The main protagonist is an individual that totally loves reading an
Chantal
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ormai sono completamente innamorata di questa storia. Dopo aver visto l'anime ho deciso di leggere anche l'opera cartacea e devo dire che ne vale sul serio la pena!
tokyo ghoul 4 27 Dec 05, 2017 12:30PM
Anime roleplay: Tokyo Ghoul OC roleplay group 1 2 Sep 03, 2017 03:56AM
Visual Novels Boo...: Tokyo Ghoul 1 Discussion 1 4 Jul 21, 2017 08:02AM
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 2 (Attack on Titan, #2)
  • Ajin: Demi-Human, Vol. 2 (Ajin: Demi-Human, #2)
  • Seraph of the End, Volume 2
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 4 (Deadman Wonderland, #4)
  • 黒執事 XXI [Kuroshitsuji XXI]
Also known as 石田スイ.

Sui Ishida (石田スイ, Ishida Sui), born December 28, Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan, is a Japanese manga artist
In 2010 he won the Young Jump 113th Grand Prix award with Tokyo Ghoul (東京喰種, Tōkyō Kushu). In March 2011, the same oneshot was published in the 2nd Issue of Miracle Jump. And later in September 2011, Tokyo Ghoul started as a series in Weekly Young Jump 2011-41 Issue. In December

Tokyo Ghoul (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 2 [Tokyo Guru 2] (Tokyo Ghoul, #2)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 3 [Tokyo Guru 3] (Tokyo Ghoul, #3)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 4 [Tokyo Guru 4] (Tokyo Ghoul, #4)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 5 [Tokyo Guru 5] (Tokyo Ghoul, #5)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 6 [Tokyo Guru 6] (Tokyo Ghoul, #6)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 7 [Tokyo Guru 7] (Tokyo Ghoul, #7)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 8 [Tokyo Guru 8] (Tokyo Ghoul, #8)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 9 [Tokyo Guru 9] (Tokyo Ghoul, #9)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 10 [Tokyo Guru 10] (Tokyo Ghoul, #10)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 11 [Tokyo Guru 11] (Tokyo Ghoul, #11)
“If you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be... a tragedy” 147 likes
“What's wrong isn't me, What's wrong is the world” 37 likes