Start by marking “Miss Polly had a Dolly (Emma Frost #2)” as Want to Read:
Miss Polly had a Dolly (Emma Frost #2)

Miss Polly had a Dolly (Emma Frost #2)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  1,204 Ratings  ·  135 Reviews
Miss Polly had a dolly. A beautiful daughter that she called her Baby Doll. Every day she dressed her in dresses and brushed her hair before they went outside to show off to the neighbors. On the playground one day her Baby Doll talked to a boy, and for one unforgivable second, Miss Polly let herself be distracted by a woman telling her how adorable she thought her daughte ...more
Published October 10th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Miss Polly had a Dolly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miss Polly had a Dolly

Gayla
Dec 24, 2013 rated it liked it
This book was like a car wreck on the side of the road. You just can't help but look (or read on).
Jenn
Dec 22, 2013 rated it liked it
2.5 stars. A decent murder mystery with a creepy twist. The author did a fine job on the narrative, but some of the plot was a bit of a stretch. How did the police, who failed to notice the similarities in the cases of the missing girls, determine within hours that the Bowtie Killer was associated with the talent show?

I understand that our expectations should be lowered a bit when a book is free, but there is only so much that can be forgiven. In this book, "front door" becomes "frond door", whi
Denise
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
'Miss Polly had a Dolly' is a thriller that sucked me in from the beginning. The storyline was incredibly dramatic and thrilling. I really liked it. The way the story played out had some unexpected twists. The characters were a great cast of personalities. Emma, once again, played an awesome lead. I could not put this book down. I look forward to reading the next book in this series. I love the writing style that Willow Rose uses to bring her books to life. A definite add to your tbr list. Recom ...more
Nerfzilla
May 17, 2014 rated it did not like it
This book is unbelievably bad. Atrocious, awful, horrible. It is boring, predictable dreadfully written and difficult to imagine that someone actually published it. The story is ludicrous and silly, it's as if someone not terribly bright was telling you the story of an awful made-for-television movie. The characters are wooden and one dimensional and straight out of central casting. There is not one twist or turn that you didn't see coming from miles away. It's as if some deranged eleven year ol ...more
Joy
Dec 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this murder mystery even though it's different than what I usually read. I enjoyed trying to piece clues together & solve the mysteries. However after I read this book I couldn't figure out why the killer only killed young girls and not sweaty sicko guys or mother figures since that's what tormented his mind , body and soul since he was 6 years old. I do plan on reading more of Willows books when I get money to buy more books.
Glenda Beck
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Terrifying

This story is terrifying, not for children! I find it heartbreaking and too believable for these kind of things to happen. A story that you won't fully understand till the end.
Linda
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure if it's creepier that the author comes up with these horror stories or that I read them! She keeps me glued to the pages until the end, then I start another.
Jeanine
Dec 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Set in Denmark, this is a pretty darn good mystery with a nice little twist.
Nikki Forster
This book was dumb! It felt like amateur writing. I had to read several lines over because they didn't make sense. Couldn't wait for it to end!
Bonnie Keck
Sep 18, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Kindle Unlimited, although own 9 of the 10 and possibly some of the sets; wondering if should buy 10 so going to read on ku but first going to read 1 NOPE ALL GARBAGE, went through 10 piles of filth and garbage and sewage.

This is, by far, one of stupidest things have ever read in entire life, and that's thousands of books across every genre. Did person writing this have English skills, because sure doesn't seem that way, and if it was translated that person needs fired, whoever edited this crap
Aunt Meanie
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When the book blurb says “Not for the faint-hearted” … they mean it! This book is omahgah creepy to the max. From the title of the book and the book cover > could you have any doubt?

The book blurb:

Miss Polly had a dolly. A beautiful daughter that she called her Baby Doll. Every day she dressed her in cute outfits and brushed her hair before they went outside to show off to the neighbors. On the playground, one day her Baby Doll talked to a boy, and for one unforgivable second, Miss Polly let
Arlene
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was an okay book I thought who the killer is was incredibly obvious and unfortunately I don't like the parts of the book about Emma and her family. At one point Emma's talking about her son having a seizure and when she he tells her things after the seizure she's learned that it is important and she needs to pay attention. And then in the next chapter she's talking about her son and the fact that he can't tell sometimes the difference between reality and his realities so she's not sure what ...more
Krystal
Mar 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-read, horror
A disturbed woman who dresses her 6 year old daughter up like a doll, and tells her not to let anyone touch her and don't get dirty in the playground, she's only out in public to be looked at and admired. The little girl wanders off to an ice cream truck to be sold to a brothel in Poland. *TRIGGER WARNING* *DISTURBING* There are gross and disgusting sexual acts with children of the age of 6. This is where I have to remove a few stars, I could do without reading about such things.
The book is ver
Candice Mckinney
Emma Frost is home from her book tour when her Dad introduces her to his new girlfriend. Emma learns that the girlfriend lost her daughter when she was 6 years old, presumably from drowning. Emma learns that several other girls have disappeared from the island over the years always when they were 6 years old.
Miss Polly had a Dolly is a very good, well written book about a horrible subject, child abductions.
Donna
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Horrifyingly Terriific

In this 2nd story featuring Emma Frost, I think it's fair to say Willow Rose has met the creepy factor again! Another horrific tale on Fanoe Island where Emma and her family live. A young child has gone missing, a celebrity is coming to the island, and bodies start piling up Can Emma figure out what's really going on? Will she live to figure it or die trying?
Tracy
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great Emma Frost story. This one, as with the last one, switches back and forth between current time and past time. A few times it gets confusing, but once you know the characters it is much easier to follow (at least for me). It was a story that totally keeps your interest and you think you know what's going on, and then you don't!
On to book three, and I can't wait!
Neva
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Miss Polly

After a slow start - the story took off with jaw dropping , must read completely before putting it down , book. I was a bit confused about the mothers and missing girls. But then I caught on to what was happening and what HAD happened. Interesting twist. Had to read it in one sitting. Thank you.
Jessica Conkey
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love figuring out who dunnit

It's like a murderous puzzle and I love finding where everyone fits. Four stars for grammatical and punctuation errors. Great twists with some very twisted characters.
Kathy Floyd
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

Gruesome story and I loved it, but I love all of Willow's books anyway. She never fails to entertain and I have to make myself turn off my Kindle and go to sleep or I'd be up all night reading.
Susan Lee Thuener
Have not read many of the Willow Rose stories.

I did not like this book. I prefer ones that stay on a time line. This jumped years chapter by chapter and I found myself getting confused. Back and forth anywhere from 10 or more years to a few.
Michelle
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A little to dark

The first book was an interesting scary read. This one went too far for my tastes. Parts of it made me queasy. Vivid descriptions of child rape are just horrifying. The killer did have me guessing however.
Bbann
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow ... once you get into the twists and turns of this book, it is difficult to put down!! Makes for a very long Monday when I had to finish it on a Sunday Night!!
Devonna Bess
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Riveting

Willow Rose is great at immediately bringing you into the drama and keeping you guessing until the end. Warning, this is not for the weak!
Jenae (Jeni)
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good book, little hard to follow at first. Love the Emma Frost books!
Kimberly
Not as good as the first Emma Frost book, but still good. Twists and some gore. Now to read the Emma Frost # 3 Run, Run, As Fast You Can.
jeffrey c robinson
Series

Excellent series. Kept me reading all night. Never saw the twist at the end of the book. Now one of my favorite series of books.
Michelle
May 06, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

This story wasn't very well written, didn't flow, and was basically unbelievable on many fronts.
Linda McDowell
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Scary

Well written but a little to horrific for me. Don't know if ill read the n e ctrl in the series or not yet
Geri
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

I've downloaded several of Willow Rose's books but this is the first one I read. I didn't know who the killer was until near the end. I will definitely read more of her books.
Nicole Burns
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
another good book in this series
  • Killer Career
  • Gated
  • Apparition Lake
  • Ghosts of the North Shore
  • DRT (A Ghost Story)
  • Malicious
  • The Victim (Sarah Roberts, #5)
  • No One Can Know
  • FRY (McBride Vendetta #1)
  • The Scarecrow (Solom #1)
  • Shelf Ice (Ray Elkins Mystery #4)
  • Blink
  • The Bones Will Tell (Skye Cree, #2)
  • Darc Murders Collection (The #1 Police Procedural/Hard Boiled Mystery Series)
  • Crawl
  • WISHBONE...Be Careful What You Wish For
  • All Saints' Secrets (Saints Mysteries #2)
  • A House in the Country
The Queen of Scream aka Willow Rose is a #1 Amazon Best-selling Author and an Amazon ALL-star Author of more than 50 novels. She writes Mystery, Paranormal, Romance, Suspense, Horror, Supernatural thrillers, and Fantasy.
Willow's books are fast-paced, nail-biting pageturners with twists you won't see coming.
Several of her books have reached the Kindle top 20 of ALL books in the US, UK, and Canada.
More about Willow Rose

Emma Frost (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Itsy Bitsy Spider (Emma Frost #1)
  • Run Run as Fast as You Can (Emma Frost #3)
  • Cross Your Heart and Hope to Die (Emma Frost #4)
  • Peek A Boo, I See You (Emma Frost #5)
  • Tweedledum and Tweedledee (Emma Frost #6)
  • Easy as One Two Three (Emma Frost #7)
  • There's No Place like Home (Emma Frost #8)
  • Slenderman (Emma Frost #9)
  • Where the Wild Roses Grow (Emma Frost #10)
  • Waltzing Matilda (Emma Frost #11)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Wrong Man
    $9.49 $1.99
  • What You Don't Know
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The River Is Dark (Liam Dempsey, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • When They Come for You (Harper McDaniel #1)
  • Murder at Bray Manor : a cozy historical mystery
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Every Single Secret
  • Name of the Devil: A Jessica Blackwood Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Night Crew (Sean Drummond, #7)
  • The Music of the Deep
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adventuress (Lady Emily, #10)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer Children (The Collector, #3)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Good Twin
    $5.99 $2.99
  • An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Speed of Sound (Speed of Sound Thrillers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Bones (Shetland Island, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Bourne Initiative (Jason Bourne, #14)
  • The Good Neighbor
  • Under an English Heaven: An Ellie Kent Mystery
  • Pretty Girls Dancing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Swansong (DI Nick Dixon #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Have His Carcase (Lord Peter Wimsey #8)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
  • Casino: Love and Honor in Las Vegas
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Mr. Timothy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
  • The Memory Closet
  • What Lies Below
  • Silent Child
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures
  • Pleasantville
    $12.49 $1.99
  • The Walkers of Dembley (Agatha Raisin, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Killing Orders
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Prince Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles #11)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Mind's Eye (Inspector Van Veeteren #1)
  • The Sound of Rain
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden Killers (Tennison, #2)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Paragon Walk (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #3)
  • The Secret Mother
    $2.99 $1.49
“You only have the fun you create yourself. Life is what you make of it. If you get lemons, then...well, then don't worry about it, just have your fun anyway.” 0 likes
“Miss Polly had a dolly who was sick, sick, sick. So she phoned for the doctor to be quick, quick, quick. The doctor came with his bag and his hat And he knocked at the door with a rat-a-tat-tat. He looked at the dolly and he shook his head and he said, “Miss Polly, put her straight to bed!” He wrote on a paper for a pill, pill, pill “I’ll be back in the morning with my bill, bill, bill.” Nursery” 0 likes