Start by marking “Truth or Dare (Dare to Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Truth or Dare (Dare to Love, #1)

Truth or Dare (Dare to Love #1)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  1,128 Ratings  ·  159 Reviews
In a deliciously sexy twist on the classic game, Mira Lyn Kelly proves that when playing truth or dare—always choose dare.

After her one attempt at commitment ends with the discovery that her fiancé already has a wife and kid, Maggie Lawson vows that the only people she’ll love ’til death do they part will be her friends. Unfortunately that means Maggie letting her bestie r
Published September 16th 2014 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Truth or Dare, please sign up.
Mira Kelly Lol, okay, so I'm still figuring out the Goodreads thing and how to get notified about questions etc... but just 4 months late (SORRY) Ford's romantic…moreLol, okay, so I'm still figuring out the Goodreads thing and how to get notified about questions etc... but just 4 months late (SORRY) Ford's romantic interest is a girl--THE GIRL-- from his past who shows up in book three which I'm working on when I'm not taking the kids to hockey :-) I think we are looking at a Sept release on that one. Thanks for asking! (less)

Jen
4.5 Snarktastic Stars

I'm kind of a fickle bitch when it comes to book boyfriends. I like to play the field. But it's not often I come across a super special lady I'd like to make my own, BFF style. Maggie is that fictional woman. Smart, honest, drama free and sarcastic as hell. Tyler was all kinds of awesome and I loved these two together. The drama found in this book came from actual events being played out, not miscommunication that could easily be rectified or one character thinking they just
Mo
Dec 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

This one wasn't bad. Not so good vibrations when Tyler and Maggie first met. He was a bit of a dick to her. She didn't want a steady relationship. He did ... but not with her ... and for very different reasons. Eventually they become friends.

But sexual tension creeps in. Will they, won't they? If they do, can they still be friends.

I liked Tyler. Smart, sexy, charming, sarcastic.

I really liked Maggie. She was no-nonsense, straight up, solid. She had been hurt in the past and was not wil
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

DNF at 20%

photo B556FA8E-F7F6-4694-93DD-ABF17FB0C61C_zps2bm9lcyn.gif

This very well may be a case of "it's not you, it's me," as I've been in one huge book slump. Nothing seems to spark my long term attention or interest. This book I set down for two days and each time I picked it back up, I was lost to the plot so ended up backtracking over and over. So, I'm calling it quits. I loved the second book in this series and thought I'd enjoy hearing Maggie's story. Apparently not. Looking forward to book three in the series, however. Hoping it's the elusive
Geri Reads
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 holy-sexual-tension Stars!

Sharp dialogue, readable prose, interesting characters -- it hit all the right points for me.

Tyler recently upended his life in New York to move to Chicago to get back his ex-girlfriend and a son that wasn't his biologically but loved nonetheless. He moved into Maggie's apartment building. Maggie, being a good neighbor welcomed Tyler with a plate of cookies and Tyler totally misread the situation and ended up insulting Maggie.

I just loved all the characters except G
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
4 Cookie-licious Stars

ARC provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Maggie Lawson is still against any kind of relationship three years after she learned that the man she was about to marry, was not only already married, but he also had kids, in a very public and very humiliating way. But then her best friend someway traps her in a stupid dare to go out on at least one date a month. Maggie cannot afford the steap price of losing a month so when her date cancels at the last moment
AJ
Dec 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 UST-filled, sentimental stars

I thought it was going to be a light-hearted story with a bit of snark – which I always find highly entertaining. And while it certainly starts out that way, the story took a turn which changed the whole feel of the book for me. The sexual tension was still very much present, and played out fantastically, but there’s a lot of heart to this story, and I thought the whole thing was tied together really well.

Maggie has had bad luck with relationships, so has retrea
Claire Robinson
Jul 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 - "Apartment Three, whatever you're offering. I'm interested."

Truth or Dare is the first book I have read by Mira Lyn Kelly, it won't be my last. I really enjoyed her fresh, fast paced writing. The banter between the characters and the one liners was some of the best I have read for a while.

Tyler Wells gave good date.

What begins as a series of one off dates for Maggie and her friend Ava turns into something so much more when the new guy upstairs turns out to be more than just an annoying alb
Linda ❤️ Sassy, Classy && a Little Bit of Nasty

description

This book was sexual tension central and I love me some good sexual tension! :)

I really enjoyed it, more than I thought I was going to cause I've been reading some meh books lately. I loved both the hero and heroine in this.

description

Tyler was sexy and he knew it. When he first moved to Chicago, he was stressed dealing with things he wish he didn't have to, when a girl was at his door with a plate of cookies. Being the irresistible God that he knows is, he immediately assumed that she was there to bribe a
Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic
~~3.5 Hearts~~

I felt some similarities to The Neighbor from Hell with this book. The cookie loving guy and the sexual tension it was all a little too familiar. But not as funny as The Neighbor from Hell but I still enjoyed it. The sexual tension in this book was filled to the brim. Was Truth or Dare a great title for this book? IMO, no. I understand the pack but what Truth or Dare aspect did they have to face?

Maggie vows to swore off men since her recent attempts at commitment ends badly. So her
Victoria Cavill
Aug 21, 2015 rated it liked it
3 Stars...!

The story probably deserves a 4.5 star rating but I couldn't connect with the writing. This was my first book of the author and she just didn't work for me.

The story was a good one. I liked their banter, the concept, the gang. I liked Maggie, Tyler, Ava,Sam, Ford. I'm actually looking forward to Sam and Ava's book. But the author explains each detail so explicitly that it gets borderline boring. I skipped a few passages and at the end I was just rolling to finish the novel.

And I wa
Mandy
Aug 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I really enjoyed this book. I loved the scene where Maggie and Tyler meet. The banter between these characters is witty but also has some hot sexual tension. I love Maggie's group of friends. While I did really enjoy this book, I had a few small issues with Tyler. I did not agree with some of the choices he made and because of this I found him to be frustrating at times. Overall, this book was sexy, had great witty banter and had some really sweet moments. The supporting characters are really in ...more
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 3.5 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐ ...more
Tessa Teevan
May 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-book
This book was so fun! I adored Maggie as a female lead and Tyler was fantastic! Sexy banter, amazing chemistry... I loved it! I can't wait for Ava's book!
Claudia
Truth or Dare was my first novel by Mira Kelly but will definitely not be my last

Years ago Maggie was in a relationship which has left her broken hearted at the alter. since than she has not felt the need to be with a man. she has her friends with whom she shares a apartment complex and enjoys life at its fullest. Life is good till Tyler moves in Apartment Three and with that her peaceful and quiet life changes.

Tyler moves (hopefully) temporary into the apartment complex to get his life back on
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover Reviews  ❤️
Review to come.......
Beverley Kendall
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The first scene in Truth or Dare opens with the heroine, Maggie Lawson, doing the neighbourly thing by bringing a fresh-baked cookies to the new guy in the building. He happens to be our hunky hero, Tyler Wells. Unfortunately, the reception she receives is less than friendly. Okay, it’s downright surly.

Only then the guy raked a hand through the damp mess of his hair and blew out a strained breath. “Look, Apartment Two. Whatever you’re offering, I’m not interested.”

And so sets the tone of the beg
Jessica Brandon
Jul 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Truth or Dare
Mya Lyn Kelly

This ARC was given by Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I give this book 4 stars.......

It has been three years since Maggie has felt the need to be with a man. Her last relationship literally left her broken hearted at the alter. It was a doomed relationship based on lies and deceit. Now, three years later she finds happiness and content in her best friends that share the same apartment complex. Honestly, the plot g
LPJ
Aug 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Authors, study this book if you want a detailed lesson in sexual tension. The push and pull between these characters as they grow closer, but not too close, is anxiety inducing in a delicious kind of way. I thought the writing was strong, I've enjoyed some of Kelly's other books, but this one felt tighter in some ways. Still, there was something about these two that didn't tug at my heartstrings. While the romantic conflict kept me turning the pages, it was also completely contrived. Maggie's in ...more
Molly O'keefe
Aug 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
I so enjoyed this book!!! Incredible tension, a great cast of characters - undoubtedly all ready for their books -- some very funny moments and lines (friends don't let friends take their wine home in a baggie!) And some really gooey emotional conflict. Totally enjoyed this!!
Desere
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mira Lyn Kelly is back and this time she proves that when playing the age old game of truth of dare, you always pick dare! That is unless you meet the love of your life, then all dares are off the table and the truth is what shall set you free.

We meet Maggie Lawson, her one attempt at commitment has ended with the discovery that her fiance already has a wife and kid, and therefore she vows that the only people she'll ever love till death do us part are her friends.

Unfortunately for Maggie this
Lily
Jul 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Maggie loves her life just the way it is. After a heartbreak that not only crushed her world but the people she cared about aswell, she has sworn off dating and love. In return she has a group of friends she adores, a job that has the potential to become her everything for her future and a home close to those she loves. Perfect. What she didn't count on was her best friends sudden interest in dating. Or the fact she gets tricked into agreeing to go along with it, one date a month or you pay a pe ...more
Abby
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**Received a copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.**

"Truth or Dare" is written by Mira Lyn Kelly, and it is the first book in her Dare to Love series. This story features Maggie Lawson and Tyler Daniels.

Maggie has been heartbroken before. But she agrees to go along with her friend, Ava's dare -- have a new date each month or there will be a penalty. One month, Leo aka Hot Doc stands Maggie up. He can't leave work. What is she going to tell Ava?

Tyler and Maggie haven been arguing
L.A. Miller
Aug 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC of this book from Net Galley in exchange for my honest review. Every once in a while you get a book that seems to stand out from all the rest and this is definitely one. This is the story of Ty and Maggie, two people not looking for a relationship because of their past. Two people who have chemistry from the moment they meet, despite the first exchange of angry words between them. Thrown together they eventually succumb and then the real fireworks start. This is a fun, quirky, ...more
Helene Book Hoarder
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Waiting for one woman's relationship to fail so he could pick up the pieces and hoping for another's to crumble because if he couldn't have her, he didn't want anyone else to, either"

From their first encounter, I loved the banter between Ty and Maggie.

My heart broke for the both of them. One had a heartbreaking past and the constant threat of another heartbreak. I shed tears for another amazing person who sacrificed their life for an innocent child.

I love Mira Lyn Kelly's books because you f
Bette Hansen
Mar 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!! This is an incredibly well written story filled with great emotion. Lots of humor, angst, and sexy times. The group of characters are wonderfully developed and left you feeling like you had a new group of friends. The H/h, Tyler and Maggie, have a rocky start but whether either of them like it or not the attraction is there. However, past hurts and big secrets make a relationship impossible.

This is a fantastic beginning to what appears to be a great series. Can't wait for the next boo
scribes23
Feb 12, 2015 rated it liked it
I chose Dare

Maggie and Tyler's twist and turns confused me at times. I confess to having a hard time finishing this one. Don't get me wrong it has it moments, hilarious ones at that but there something that made me want to stop reading.

Fell for Tyler, he's sexy and he knows it. He's hot, sarcastic and sweet.

Is it wrong for me to look forward Ford's story?

ARC via Netgalley
Janelle
2015 reread

This book is just as amazing as the first time I read it. The banter is off the charts and the slow burn romance is spectacular. Definitely a favourite!

This book was amazing. I enjoyed it immensely. For a more in depth review, check out my blog at http://www.millionpages28.wordpress.com

Jul 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Received an ARC for review from NetGalley

Don't get what the title has to do with the book. I think the Dating Pac would have been a better title. Tyler is pretty awesome, hot, sweet, sexy, sarcastic. Maggie was perfect for him. I hope the future books are her friends, Ava, Ford, Sam
Alison
Dec 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
When I seen this one and started reading I realise I had all ready READ it.

I like this story but didn't love it the first time and same the second time round
  • Luck on the Line (On the Verge #1)
  • Black Widow Demon (Demon Outlaws, #2)
  • Can't Hold Back (Returning Home, #2)
  • Tamed (Fit Trilogy #2)
  • Wicked Dix (Hard Love Romance, #2)
  • Blamed (Blood Money #1)
  • Return of the Bad Boy (Second Chance, #4)
  • One Sexy Ride (Thompson & Sons #3; Rocky Mountain House #10)
  • Here in My Heart (Echoes of the Heart, #0.5)
  • From This Moment On (Alaskan Nights # 2.5)
  • Trouble Me (The Rosewood Trilogy, #3)
  • Once a SEAL (West Coast Navy SEALs, #2)
  • Irreversible Damage (Irreparable #2)
  • Turn Up the Heat: Love Won't Wait\Beach House Beginnings\Strong Enough to Love (Includes The Carlisles #2; Jackson, #1.2)
  • A Promise of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles, #1)
  • Light Her Fire (Private Pleasures, #2)
  • Slow Grind (Men of Mornington, #1)
  • The Chocolate Temptation (Amour et Chocolat, #6)
For Mira's latest book news, sign up for her newsletter at http://www.miralynkelly.com/newsletter

Hard core romantic, stress baker, and housekeeper non-extraordinaire, Mira Lyn Kelly is the USA TODAY bestselling author of more than a dozen sizzly love stories with over a million readers worldwide. Growing up in the Chicago area, she earned her degree in Fine Arts from Loyola University and met the
More about Mira Lyn Kelly

Dare to Love (3 books)
  • Touch & Go (Dare to Love, #2)
  • Now and Then (Dare to Love, #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • Emergency Contact
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Unleashed (Ross Siblings #1)
    $3.99 $0.00
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be