Start by marking “Turning Confusion into Clarity: A Guide to the Foundation Practices of Tibetan Buddhism” as Want to Read:

Advice and encouragement from a leading spiritual teacher and popular author on how to approach the foundational practices of Tibetan Buddhism.

For anyone interested in Buddhist practice and philosophy, this book gives detailed instruction and friendly and inspiring advice for those embarking on the Tibetan Buddhist path in earnest. By offering guidance on how to approach t
Published July 8th 2014 by Snow Lion

Start your review of Turning Confusion into Clarity: A Guide to the Foundation Practices of Tibetan Buddhism
Tanya McGinnity
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Yongey Mingur Rinpoche’s latest book “Turning Confusion into Clarity” did just what the title promised.

Well, at least the first two sections….

As a student and practitioner who is getting ready to dip a toe into ngondro practices (steady there, I still have a little ways to go), this book came at the right time as I study and meditate upon the four common foundation practices (those involving contemplation upon precious human birth, impermanence, karma and our ever-loving dear friend – suffering)
Paul Oppenheimer
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A slow introduction

A slow introduction to the basic practices of Tibetan Buddhism. The theoretical and practical material is interspersed with anecdotal illustration, but the book is manual rather than memoir.
Kurtbg
Tibetan Buddhism (TB) is a state of mind and it's a religion. I wouldn't have thought it, but it is. More on that later.

What is good about this book
TB uses meditation as a tool to transcend the everyday. What does that mean?
It means that it's followers are encourages and taught to meditate for self-analysis, to contemplate reality and become sympathetic to other beings (and objects). All of this is to bring heightened awareness and understanding of the self and reality. It doesn't have to be
Gary Knoke
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
The Joy of Living by the same author is, by far, the best book on Buddhism I have ever read. His next one, Joyful Wisdom, was almost as good. I read both cover and cover, underlined and notated large amounts of text, and reread both as soon as I had finished them. So it was with a tremendous amount of enthusiasm that I began this book, only to be deeply disappointed. Part of the seemingly infinite appeal of the first two books was its sense of intimacy, the feeling that Mingyur Rinpoche was talk ...more
Иван Зубофф
Отличная книга! В силу узости темы я не могу порекомендовать её тем, кто лишь начинает знакомиться с буддизмом -- для этого есть другие издания. Вот ежели вы уже осилили книгу-другую, а теперь хотите подробностей, то в данном труде вы найдёте детальное и глубокое рассмотрение основополагающих практик тибетского буддизма.

Помещаю в категорию "Авторки", потому что книга написана в соавторстве с Хелен Творков.
Cagne
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was ok

While I liked the other books by Yongey Mingyur because of their more practical than religious nature, this one immediately looked different, and it's harder to read.

Anyway, I found interesting the part about the eight realms, the eight liberties, and the concept of offering bad emotions, and I guess I understand a bit better the iconology and mythology of Buddhism.

Artjoms Haleckis
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
The first half was an amazing dive into Buddhism basics and how it's all about having a clear and kind mind. During the second one, I started drifting away as it focused more on religion and traditions. Overall it was very educating and mind-opening book and I totally can recommend reading the first half of it.
Reza
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
توضیحات شفاف و به زبان ساده با پرهیز از زیاده گویی بیان شده
Thea Nicholas
my teacher....what more needs be said.
Sven
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Der englische Titel "Turning confusion into clarity" ist treffender.
Roan Kaufman
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mingyur Rinpoche's books and teachings are profound, easy to apply, and he's a wonderful story teller and teacher.
Jean de Oliveira Quevedo
Uma introdução ao Varjayana que realmente ensina e inspira. Fala sobre o básico da meditação e sobre ritos inspiradores desta tradição budista.
tenten
Lori
Jul 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Venture Deals
  • Incerto 4-Book Bundle: Antifragile, The Black Swan, Fooled by Randomness, The Bed of Procrustes
  • The Wit and Wisdom of Lee Kuan Yew
  • Courtesans and Fishcakes: The Consuming Passions of Classical Athens
  • Dark Pools: The Rise of Artificially Intelligent Trading Machines and the Looming Threat to Wall Street
  • The Body: A Guide for Occupants
  • Never Split the Difference
  • The Words of My Perfect Teacher
  • Madame Blavatsky: The Mother of Modern Spirituality
  • The Natural Way to Draw
  • The Tibetan Yogas Of Dream And Sleep
  • The Guru Drinks Bourbon?
  • Love for Imperfect Things: How to Accept Yourself in a World Striving for Perfection
  • Remembrance of Earth's Past: The Three-Body Trilogy (Remembrance of Earth's Past #1-3)
  • Milarepa: Lessons from the Life and Songs of Tibet's Great Yogi
  • The Cow in the Parking Lot: A Zen Approach to Overcoming Anger
  • Skin in the Game: The Hidden Asymmetries in Daily Life
  • The Big Questions: Philosophy

News & Interviews

“Daily life provides countless occasions for adapting to change and impermanence. Yet we squander these precious opportunities, assuming that we have all the time in the world.” 11 likes
“The entire path is a shift in perception.” 3 likes