Start by marking “100 Colorful Ripple Stitches to Crochet: A Feast of Eye-Popping Colorways for Blankets, Throws and Accessories” as Want to Read:

"100 Colorful Ripple Stitches to Crochet" by Leonie Morgan is a wonderfully illustrated and easy-to-use guide to making and using ripple stitches in delightful and inspiring colorways, perfect for blankets, throws, and accessories. With 75 original stitch designs to choose from, using color and texture to create stunning zig-zags, ripples, and waves, there is plenty here ...more
Published July 15th 2014 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about 100 Colorful Ripple Stitches to Crochet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Colorful Ripple Stitches to Crochet

Start your review of 100 Colorful Ripple Stitches to Crochet: A Feast of Eye-Popping Colorways for Blankets, Throws and Accessories
Mia
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'd give 4 stars as eye candy alone; the color variations and photos are great. The basics about how to do each stitch are clear and well illustrated, too. I've been crocheting for a few years now and have seen a lot of patterns, but there were several here I hadn't seen before, and they are well charted and the instructions are clear.

The only downside to this book is that most of the patterns include minimal instructions for turning a pattern repeat into a full project or adding them as borders
Cortez_jk
Dec 18, 2017 rated it liked it
It is always good to refresh your creative side. I was in need of some ideas on what to make next. I still haven't decided but now I have an idea.
Morgan Gariepy
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
The patterns in this book are interesting and vibrant. I took off one star for the false advertising in the title. There are only 50 stitches. It just shows each of them in two colour combinations.
Bookworm
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
100 Colorful Ripple Stitches to Crochet: 50 Original Stitches & 50 Fabulous Colorways for Blankets and Throws is a wonderful crochet pattern book. I'm a fan of the ripple stitch, I feel like it's an oldie but goody and very versatile.

This book makes me want to immediately grab my hook and yarn and get to making a ripple ghan. There are some creative stitch patterns here as well as five full crochet projects; Retro Rose Afghan, Charleston Bag, Jitterbug Purse and San Francisco Pillows and
Darlene Cruz
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book of patterns so easy to follow. I love the beginners patterns and I am soooo a beginner but with this book I slightly moved up a notch, thank you very much. I needed to know the very basics and yep it was there, Materials and Notions and Crochet hooks (what size) that helped a lot and notice the photo of the types of hooks and if your work is too tight or too loose for me, duh check out the hooks:D What is so fascinating about this book the beautiful photos and easy to follow ...more
Beth
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: craft
It is an okay book. Nothing really grabbed me as in "oooh I need to make that right away." Nothing was particularly unique - just fun stitches inserted into a basic ripple pattern. I will say the colors selected, the instructions, and diagrams were all very good. I like the smaller works like the star but I disagree with the rating of them as a beginner project. Teaching a beginner crochet class I know that working in the round- especially starting a magic circle is a huge challenge for true ...more
Alana
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As someone who likes to dabble in crocheting at a casual level, this text worked wonders compared to those free stitch pattern papers you can find in the yarn section. It works the same but on a grander level. It provides skill level, measurement, method, diagrams, and fantastic quality photos that give off every detail of the finished products. Every design is unique, colorful, and can range from simple to elaborate. Definitely showed me a new way to crochet.

I received this copy for free
Evelyn Harvill
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This book is a wonderful guide to the popular ripple-stitch crochet patterns. I had no idea there were so many variations! The book has 50 different patterns and then each pattern has a second - and completely different - color variation. The pictures are beautiful and the directions are clear and easy to follow, even for an inexperienced crocheter (is that a word?) like me. I highly recommend this book if you want to learn ripple stitches. It would also make a great gift for the crochet ...more
Suzie Q
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for someone looking to add to their crochet book collection. The projects might be challenging for someone just learning to crochet and read patterns, but some of them are good for those who have mastered the basics and are ready for the next level.

The author offers samples for most of the projects that have more than one color pattern. I like this feature because it gives an idea of how changing the color scheme can change the look of the finished product.
Jeannette
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads, crochet
In compliance with FTC guidelines, I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

While not exactly a book that you read from cover to cover, I have looked at each and every pattern along with the alternate color scheme. It has new variations on the Ripple pattern and even ripple blocks.

So happy to have this book in my collection and I can't wait to make an afghan from these patterns, the hard part will be choosing which one to make first.
Anna
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I received a copy of this book for free through a giveaway/Goodreads First Reads.
I love to knit, and after looking through this book I'm inclined to pick up some crochet hooks too! This book has easy-to-follow instructions for beginners that go over starting a project and basic stitches. The illustrations are colorful and provide wonderful visuals. There are patterns that range from beginner to expert that are absolutely gorgeous! Definitely an A+ 'How-To' book.
Joan Mitchell
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-have-won
This was great! I am making nine Afghans for my grandchildren for Christmas and this book was just what I needed. The explanations of stitches are very easy to understand. The directions for each pattern is easy to follow. I have made the Flames afghan and am working on the shell ripple. This was a great win on goodreads.
Kim
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is very easy to follow and very colorful. I like all the different projects to make. There are a few beginners, most intermediate and a few advanced patterns. It has more then enough patterns that are usable and worth adding to your collection.
Rachel
Nov 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Easy to follow and has some pretty patterns, although not a huge variety of projects. My favorite is "Sea of Hearts" minus the hearts. I made a 2 color scarf from this pattern, and it may be the first ripple stitch I've tried that's worked really well for me.
Suzanne Cowles
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for inspiration. If you want to make an afghan, this colorful book has tons of designs. Easy for a beginner or create your own variation. Even gives the exact yarn colors used. I can't wait to make the red, white and blue ripple. Love this book. Great reference for crochet.
Paula
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book with lots of choices of patterns to crochet - I will definitely be buying this one.
Tess
Aug 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: crochet, nonfiction
This is a very useful little book. It is easy to follow and now if my wrist will just start working again, I could try them...
Paula
Jul 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Helpful. Nice patterns.
Joan54
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just started this book. Want to make the beginner pillow soon.
Lisa Keipp
Sep 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Not thrilled that most of the patterns are charted - I don't get along well with the charts. Some very nice patterns, however.
Nancivillotti
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was notified that I have been selected to receive this book! I'm so excited to get it in my hands and make some of the projects! Thank you so much Goodreads!
AE Corral

• Crochet One-Skein Wonders for Babies: 101 Projects for Infants & Toddlers
  • Crochet Cute Critters: 26 Easy Amigurumi Patterns
  • Crochet: Techniques and Projects to Build a Lifelong Passion for Beginners Up
  • Boho Crochet: 30 Hip and Happy Projects
  • Modern Baby Crochet: 18 Crocheted Baby Garments, Blankets, Accessories, and More!
  • The Big Book of Granny Squares: 365 Crochet Motifs
  • Everything All at Once: How to Unleash Your Inner Nerd, Tap into Radical Curiosity and Solve Any Problem
  • How to Kill a City: Gentrification, Inequality, and the Fight for the Neighborhood
  • Edward's Menagerie: Over 40 Soft and Snuggly Toy Animal Crochet Patterns
  • Utopia for Realists: How We Can Build the Ideal World
  • One Ball of Yarn
  • A Cheyenne Christmas (The Sweet Cheyenne Quartet, #1)
  • Disney Frozen Crochet
  • Crochet Master Class: Lessons and Projects from Today's Top Crocheters
Leonie Morgan is a freelance crochet designer who runs her own craft business, WoolnHook. A self taught crocheter with a love of colour and design, she is the author of 100 Bright & Colorful Granny Squares to Mix and Match, 100 Colorful Ripple Stitches to Crochet , 75 Colourful Hexagons to Crochet and Beautiful Blankets, Afghans and Throws (40 Coloful Afghans to Crochet). Leonie lives in ...more