Start by marking “Master for Tonight (Master for Tonight, #1)” as Want to Read:
Master for Tonight (Master for Tonight, #1)

Master for Tonight

(Master for Tonight #1)

While feeding in the slums of the city, he is interrupted by a woman. Mesmerized, he extracts his fangs from his meal and follows her home. Instantly obsessed, he watches her nightly. Nights turn to months. His desire for her becomes overwhelming. Though fearing the wrath of a vicious Maker who turned him against his will, Julian decides to give Kate the most erotic night ...more
Published October 10th 2013 by Elaine Barris

To ask other readers questions about Master for Tonight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Master for Tonight

Erin
DNF @ 25%

I just wasn't into it. I also skimmed through before I gave up, and there are detailed sex scenes he is forced to do with his maker. I really can't do it after that.

So sad.
Tracey
Julian (the vamp) enters Kate's life unconventionally shall we say, but for some reason he really connects with Kate and her with him, unfortunately his maker is not too pleased, which scuppers his ideas....and leads to danger for him and Kate.

There are five main characters in this book and they are all very entertaining, Reese the cheeky vampire friend and Mazzie the protective best mate. I haven't mentioned yet that our Kate is 38! Yes 38 an older female lead how refreshing.

I loved Julian, not
Anna Salamatin
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The very first chapter had me just as fascinated as Julian was as we watched Kate (quite unknowingly) put on that little show in the parking lot of the Shelter she volunteered. It is the importance to details, here and all through the story that brings the characters true to life. It also made me wonder what Kate would have thought, had she known, something as simple as dropping her keys was about to change her life forever. I felt like this was the defining moment Julian knew he was going to ha ...more
Rabid Readers Reviews
Nov 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
“Master for Tonight” is a very well written novel technically speaking. If there were any errors, I didn’t see them. The narrative flowed well and the story moved at a fairly brisk pace. For a first novel, Barris gives us a work written with an expert hand that an author writing for years would hesitate to rival.

Barris does offer some twists out of the ordinary. Readers looking for action or heat will be satisfied. Julian and Kate are not assured a happy ending. There is a seriously powerful and
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Master for Tonight is a great vampire read. I love me some vampire stories anyways but this one took the icing on the cake. Sometimes I get a little nervous when I read vampire romance but this one flowed so smoothly and the characters were very believable so it was easy to start reading and when I got to the end I was like what the frig I need more.

Julian is the vampire in this story and good God almighty he is sex on a stick. Man this vampire makes you quake reading about him and how gorgeous
Amy
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
Oh my!!!! This book was unbelievably HOT!!! I so love Julian. His love for the ones he loves is remarkable and so loving. Julian would do anything to keep his love Kate safe!!!!
Please please read this!!! I just bought part 2 since I can't wait to know what happens!!!! Great cliffhanger. I am just glad that Master for Tonight II is out already!
Kathy Horsman
Kate and Julian's love story in Master for Tonight threw me for a loop quite a few times during their tale. At first I wasn't sure if this was going to be a book I enjoyed, mostly because we found out very little about either character before they had a full on screw-fest and that bothered me a little. Not knowing anything about someone who you jump into bed with that hard, especially when she thought he was an INTRUDER baffled me. However, as the story sorted itself out I grew to really enjoy b ...more
Samantha
Oct 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
What can I say about this book, well for a Debut Novel it's pretty good and I really enjoyed the storyline. It's actually very well written, and if you like a lot of sex in you're books then look no further. The sex scenes are very well written very hot and will get your juices flowing. The only thing I did miss at the beginning is the character development between Kate and Julian but you do feel it in the second half of the book.

Julian has a hard decision to make but his love for Kate never wav
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm so happy I found this author!
After reading Zane, Flames of Vampire Passion by Elaine Barris I knew I had to read more by this author. I immediately jumped into this series and absolutely fell in love with Julian. Once again Elaine Barris provides more that just a quick and easy PNR read. What I thought was going to be a fast and sexy read turned into an elaborate story with more characters and back story than I was expecting.
This book does end with a cliff hanger so go ahead and have the second book on hand because you're going to want
Jacquie Hogue
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book, it will make you laugh cry and have to change your panties. The charactors blend so well together you will find yourself yelling at the book to do this or that. To me that is the one of the best parts of a great read. I hope you all love it as much as I did. HAPPY READING
Lori
5 stars for this debut. Elaine Barris has writing chops. Even though vampires aren't really my thing I found myself loving this story. A great sexy, action filled read.
A must for vampire/pnr/erotica fans.
Jane West
A great story from a promising author. Filled with vampires, friendship, great sex, romance and a psychopathic maker. I loved it and am anxiously awaiting her next book.
HEATHER
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Customer Review
5.0 out of 5 starsCompulsive Reading!!
Bysewsummoreon 19 February 2018
Format: Kindle Edition
I received a free ARC copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving an honest review. Julian was made a vampire against his will by his psychotic maker Angeline. Many times he had tried to get away but she was much stronger than he and always dragged him back. One night while feeding he saw a woman named Kate, who attracted him like no other and he followed her, always watching over her, know
Sally
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Masters for Tonight by Elaine Barris is an introduction into the dangerous and often erotic lives of vampires and their unexpected human counterparts. The erotic scenes were brilliantly written making readers feel deliciously voyeuristic without having to leave the comfort of their homes. The opening framework sets the stage for the dark undertones that make us all fear being alone at night. Readers can discern Kate’s qualities and imperfections as they resonate within many of us, and bring toge ...more
Caroline Doig
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This a very sensually erotic vampire story by Elaine Barris and it’s a fantastic read. Elaine really knows how to write a vampire romance story and she is my favourite author of writing vampire stories. Julian is a very old tortured vampire he just wants a happy life but his maker won’t let him, one night when Julian is feeding Kate interrupts him and he is so intrigued by this woman he follows her home. Kate is a lonely woman who has been badly hurt in the past she has trust and anxiety issues ...more
lovestoread
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Whew! This was an incredible read. Never read anything by Elaine Barris before and I am so happy I got the chance to do so.

Vampire meets human...yeah, read that before. However, I was enthralled with Elaine's take on it.

Julian stumbles across Kate and she has him enchanted. He watches her for a while and just can't stop himself from actually meeting her. It's just for one night. Kate is your everyday normal human who does a lot of good, has a crappy family and is cautious about men.

Their night
Ericka HIll
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very entertaining read!

This was my first book by this author so I didn't k what to expect. I was actually very entertained. For some reason, it took me longer to finish than normal but overall I enjoyed the story and the characters. Kate and Julian's chemistry is definitely something to be desired! I'm ready for the next installment!
Dawn
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

Omg this book is so good! The book is full of white hot Passion and great action. Who doesn't love a book with two hot, alpha male vampires and their strong smart women. The book does end on a cliff hanger but its OK but you will want two right away.
Pat
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The strongly written story and well detailed characters kept me glued to my kindle throughout the entire book! I was so engrossed as I turned each page that I ended up reading this book in one sitting!
zhane johnson
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was amazing

I'm ready to read book two I bought the next one its sooooo good I cried a little bite but this story was amazing and I love the characters and just ever this about this book keep up the good work love
Deeds
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW Just WOW 😊

This story was incredible,outstanding,exciting and just plain fantastic!!!. It has a fantastic storyline with awesome characters!. Elaine is an amazing writer with a fantastic imagination!!!.
Sam Mc
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome Vampire Love Story!

Really enjoyed the love story between Kate and Julian! Looking forward to more!
Love Mazzie and Reese's storyline. Will it continue?
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
WARNING: This book is super HOT and you will need to read this in a room with a fan on HIGH.

As the book cover says, this book is an erotic novel, and the passionate love scenes will not disappoint any fan of erotica novels. If you do not like erotic novels with a lot of detailed love scenes, I would not recommend this to you. However, if you love a scorching hot erotic romance, this is definitely a book that you should look into.

“I know what you need, and I can give it to you.”

When it comes
Romance Between The Sheets
Please note this review may contain spoilers.

Master For Tonight is about Julian, a vampire who stumbles upon Kate and is instantly in lust. He spends the next six months keeping watch before he finally decides to make his move. He uses his vampire mojo to convince her to let him into her house and her body. After some reluctance, Kate agrees to every wicked promise Julian makes and has a sex filled night she’s not likely to forget. Until Julian’s maker (Evangeline) orders him to wipe Kate’s memo
Patricia
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it

I started this book in the morning and I couldn't put it down. This is the first book I have read by this author and I was blown away . Let me introduce you to Julian and Kate . Julian is a vampire who is drawn to Kate a beautiful yet lonely human. He knows that she is the one for him but his maker will never let him go. So he decides to have her for just one night . Bring her out of her shell and make her happy, But things are more then they seem and will they survive to let their love bloom

T
Pratr- Authors
Sep 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Julian is a vampire that has been changed against his will and he has no love for his master that turned him. Even though his master, Evangeline has had it in her head that Julian can only be with her and no one else. Julian is hot and I have to say that I would love to find him in my bed any night of the week!! Julian has fallen hard for Kate, but Evangeline will not let him go, she makes him do things that no one ever should have to be subjected to, it was hard to read at times. Can Julian bre ...more
Julia Andreoli
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was the book I was waiting for!! :) It had romance, humor, passion, and great story telling. All without too much of one thing. It had the perfect ingredients. I am so happy a friend recommended this book to me and that I read it. I then recommended it to another coworker and then it was like a chain reaction. We all can't stop talking about this book.
This story is about Julian Montfort and Kate Collins. Julian is a vampire with one of the most vicious and ugly Makers I have ever had the c
Melanie
Jan 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
This Book Was Given To Me By The Author In Exchange For An Honest Review*

I have read a lot of vampire books and I am always interested in a new take on the genre. This managed to feel fresh although in retrospect I have read similar ideas before and at times this did border on being a little predictable for me, but then when you read pretty much everything out there on the subject I suppose this is to be expected.

This is basically straight up dark, vampire erotica. Well written although I can se
Alice Smith
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Master for Tonight
Elaine Barris

Can you have true love with a vampire connected to another?

I was provided with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I genuinely enjoyed it. “Master for Tonight” is an erotic romance with some light BDSM themes. It is the story of Julian and Kate.

Julian was turned into a vampire many years ago. Since his turning, he has been held captive in many ways by his maker Evangeline. Evangeline is a do as I say, not as I do, controlling vampire who is free
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Immortal Protector (The Immortals, #1)
  • Vampire (Desires of Blood #1)
  • Breaking Her (Ever After, #0.5)
  • Soul Cutter
  • The Dara Nichols Series 1: A Hard Lesson
  • Blood and Light (Blood and Light Vampire, #1)
  • Bailing Out into the Dead (The Famished Trilogy 0.5)
  • Moonspun (Wicked Games, #3.6)
  • Platinum (Facets of Passion #2)
  • Blood Stained Tranquility (Ryze, #2)
  • Crimson Reign (The Crimson Nights Saga, #1)
  • Fancy Free (Fancy Free, #1)
  • Surrendering (Regent Vampire Lords, #1)
  • Sanguis City (Sanguis City, #1)
  • The Unseen
  • Touched by a Vampire (Eternally Yours, #1)
  • Love Me (The Trust Me Trilogy, #2)
  • The Gift (In Darkness We Must Abide, #4)
Elaine Barris is the author of erotic vampire romances. She loves anything and everything vampire or paranormal. When not working on her latest masterpiece, she sits in traffic on her way to or from work, thinking of stories, hanging out with her husband of over 20 years, when she’s not planted in front of her PC, and always spoiling her fur baby rotten.

Master for Tonight (2 books)
  • Master For Tonight II (Master for Tonight, #2)
“He let go of her hands and cut her off, placing a finger over her lips as he rubbed her arm.
“The only thing I want tonight is you. The only thing you need to know tonight is I’m going to have you...as I wish...for as long as I wish.” He rolled his head in a circle to stretch before looking directly back into her eyes, and added as an afterthought, “Hmm... Hurt you? Your arousal will likely hurt you excruciatingly until I allow your release.”

And as his sensual voice streaked through her, Kate’s mind shorted out like a tripped wire snapping, completely blank. Her whole body betrayed her yet again by flushing with unrestrainable heat.

“Stay as you are, Kate.” He pushed the bunched-up nightgown at her waist, down to the floor to pool at her feet. Shivering hard, she moved her hands to cover her nakedness, dropping her head to her chest, avoiding his steady gaze. Grabbing her hands, he moved them back to her sides. He lifted her chin high to face him and said, “I told you to stay as you were, Kate. You will do good to listen to me.”

His fingers pressed into her hair, curling a bit of it around her ear as he leaned in to the side of her head. His voice lowered seductively until it was a purr in her ear. “I know how to please a woman to the point her voice is hoarse from her screams of desire, her bed linens soaked, and her legs quivering for hours after I’m done.” His lips scantly apart from her ear, his voice dropping lower, he continued, “In the matter of choices, I know which sounds best to me. Do you, beautiful girl? I’ll prove I was worth the trouble of opening your door. Can you allow yourself this indulgence? It’s just one night.”
2 likes