Start by marking “Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)

Shame on Me

(Fool Me Once #2)

Ex-model Paige McCarty is fed up with being just a pretty face. After her ex-husband’s gambling problem left her royally screwed and tragically shoeless, she started Fool Me Once Investigations with her best friends, Lorelei and Kennedy, to prevent other women from being similarly played and dismayed.

The job: act as bait for a cheating husband. The target: Matt Russo. The
Published May 6th 2014 by Montlake Romance

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
Shame on me was a cute and funny read. I love that Matt was a sexy nerd and that Paige was a smart model not just an airhead. I thought Matt and Paige made a cute couple. I loved both Paige's mom and Matt's dad. This quick little read made me laugh a lot. I did think the end and all the stuff with the bad guy was wrapped up too easy. Overall this was a fun, silly, and entertaining read!
Christy
Dec 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!

photo b3634150-656f-466a-805b-2aaa4f236787_zpsdd48da7d.jpg

When I first read Tara Sivec’s Shame on You, I thought it was short, sweet and funny. But to be honest, I wasn’t in a hurry to read the second book when it came out. Now I’m kicking myself because I really liked this one. Even more than the first, and I wish I would have read it sooner!

Shame on Me is the second installment of Tara Sivec’s Fool Me Once series. This series follows three friends who have been wronged by the men in their life and they decide to help other women by opening
Sophia Triad
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Book 1: Shame on You_Main characters: Kennedy O’Brien & Griffin Crawford
Book 2: Shame on Me_Main characters: Paige McCarty &Matt Russo
Book 3: Shame on Him_Main characters: Lorelei Warner & Dallas Osborne

Paige is an ex-top model and currently a private investigator. Her ex-husband was only a cause of misery. He has taken advange of her and has spent all her hard-earned money on gambling.

So, together with her two best friends Kennedy and Lorelei, they have started a new investigation o
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Fun, quick listen on audiobook. This had the silly humor I enjoy and had me laughing out loud in quite a few places. Great side characters that added to the fun. Narrator did a really good job. She has a great voice and was easy to listen too.

Heroine is a an ex-super model who wanted out of the business and decided to join forces with her two best friends starting a business called Fool Me Once Investigations. Paige was supposed to follow the clients husband and catch him cheating. When she hits
Pam
3 stars
Sometimes you have to kiss a few frogs in life. Sometimes you have to marry a frog and then learn how to be strong again after that frog turns into an ass. But eventually, Prince Charming will finally show his face and make all those damn frogs before him worth it.

Shame on Me is Ex-model paige McCarty’s story, and while she thinks she wants nothing to do with men ever again she meets Matt Russo. As soon as he became her next target, she hated him on principal but nothing could have pr
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book much better than the first book of this series...

description

Perfect book to read after a heavy story. Tara Sivec turns down the over the top scenes a notch and delivered an easy, light, well paced, enjoyable story for model Paige McCarty.

"This is all I ever wanted - to be taken seriously by my friends and family."
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: May 6, 2017
Genre: Romantic Comedy

In an attempt to clear our my TBR (and for my 2018 reading challenge) I wanted to read a fun and lighthearted book that would make me laugh. Well, Tara Sivec did just that! I loved reading Shame on Me. I may even have liked it more than the previous book in the series because it make me LOL so many times. Tara has this trademark humor that gets me every time so I always LOVE reading her books.

Shame on Me is the second book in the Fool Me Once se
Jen
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it

After reading Shame on You and meeting Kennedy, Paige and Lorelei, I knew that I had to continue on and read the next book in this series. The three ladies of Fool Me Once Investigations have me wanting to see what they get up to next.

Paige is a famous model. She left her ex after finding out that he spent all of their money gambling. She stopped modeling and is now working with her best friends at Fool Me Once Investigations. Her current job has her trying to catch a cheating husband, Matt.

All
Juanita
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audios
Second book in this series.
Paige and Matt were perfect together.
A quick enjoyable funny read!
Denia  Books & Baubles
Dec 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
She is too materialistic for me, but I like her. And the fact that she is super model and not a lot people know makes the whole book a little bit more fake, but whatever, the relationship between her and Matt was kind of cute, so I'll give her that. And the fact that old ladies came up and save the day??!!! That did it.
Krissy
This author is better in small doses.

2.5 Stars
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy
You are not fooling anyone.

Crazy series by an awesome author. Full of giggles and crazy characters.

Narrator does a fantastic job. must read / listen.
Jessica~loves to hate a cliffy~
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-it
Tara never disappoints and this book is no exception.

These 3 girls are awesome!

Reanell Tisdale
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 shame on me stars!

Tara Sivec is one of those writers who can write anything. I think it's because of her personality, her personality comes out in her writing and if you've ever met her you know what I'm talking about.

I am blown away by each new book she writes, each one gets better and better for me. I loved everything about this book, the characters were fun and witty, and Matt was swoon-worthy. I can't wait to read the next one in this series, because I have a feeling it will be another gr
Raine
Matt is sweet

This was a really good read, but I don't think I liked it as much as the first book. In this book the hero is Matt and although very sexy he is somewhat of a nerd and has a sweet character. I do love the secondary characters of Paige's mom and Matt's dad. They were hilarious!

The one thing I wish was clarified was what Matt's company name and what it does. There was no mention of that in the book. It would've been nice if that was mentioned.
C-Money
Mar 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am never disappointed when it comes to Tara Sivec. She makes me laugh until it hurts. She has me grabbing my stomach because the cramps from my laughter are to much to handle.

I loved this story. I loved the characters and the writing.

The best part of this series is the parents. She writes amazing side characters. They bring the story full circle.
Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic
Jan 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: her-pov, lol

~~4 HEARTS~~

Another funny, sexy, great read! Tara never disappoints with her books.
bookmarkbelles
Jul 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Attack Salmon
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Tara Sivec's book are entertaining as usual

But I can't help but notice the similarity of the Fool me once series with her recent series The Naughty Princess Club. Both of these series is about 3 women who are fed up of their lives being fucked up by men and they started their own business
Michelle
Nov 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 01-signed
Paige is one third of the gals at Fool Me Once. She took her anger over being burned by her lying ex to push herself forward. She’s the pretty face of the team, the one that lures the cheating men they’ve been hired to out, but she wants to be seen as more than just that.

When her target Matt stirs up some feelings she can’t help but want to push this case further. There is something about the story the wife gives that doesn’t add up. Once Paige realizes that Matt is the victim she wants to do w
Ashley Walker
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
You can never go wrong with any Tara Sivec books. As expected this book did not disappoint. I stayed up late to finish it and pissed my husband off a couple of times because I woke him up from my laughing. I love that these books are different from the "I am in college, met the man of my dreams who saved me and I am a virgin" book that every other author is creating now. If you want something different, something creative, something funny then this the series you are looking for.
Kayla Eklund
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: completed-series
I think I enjoyed this even more than the first book, Shame on You. I love it when books prove that women aren't just a pretty face. We can also kick some serious ass. I can't wait for the third (and I think final?) book in the series. I also can't wait to Skype with Tara today.
Olga
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love this author to pieces. Gawd, she makes me laugh so hard it's not even funny. But it is. And I'll read everything Tara Sivec writes.
Polly
Apr 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 funny and sweet stars
Brianna
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shame on Me is the second novel in the Fool Me Once series and this time it follows Paige McCarthy - A retired model turned private investigator. Her primary job is to catch cheating husbands in the act, so she can stick it to them. Until Matt Russo. He is just her type and as it turns out, not such a scumbag after all.

I enjoyed the back and forth banter between Paige and Matt, Lorelei and Dallas and even between Margaret and Eric. Just like the first in the series, this is a laugh out loud, but
Natalie The Biblioholic
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: light-read, hilarity
Another short and sweet in this series. I could only think of one part that summed up the feels of this book.

“Mr. Russo narrows his eyes at me. “It’s a good thing I came in here. I see a lot of charlatans in this room who could lead you astray. Like that woman over there with the blue hair and pink skirt.”
I turn around and see that he’s staring right at the photographer for this shoot.
“Actually, that’s a man. His name is Simon Viper, and he’s one of the best photographers in the world,” I tell
Dianne
Apr 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars. Another funny book from Ms. Sivec. I can't get enough of her books! I have yet to find one that I didn't find absolutely hilarious, and Shame on me was no exception. Even though the books in this series and way too short, I still love the series. I do have to say though, I think I liked Shame on You better. Although this book was very funny, it wasn't as hilarious as the first one. That is why it got a little lower rating. I also wish the main problem of the story wasn't that easily ...more
Jaime
I liked Shamed on Me way more than the first one it was a little less over the top. Whenever i am in the mood for a light funny read i always go for a Tara Sivec book and she never disappoints. I loved Paige's mum and the 'Golden Girls' they was so funny.
Kristi
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, 2015-listen
Move over Stephanie Plum, the Fool Me Once Investigations trio is here!

In the second set Ex model Paige is a riot accidentally going up against the mob and finding love in the process.

Fans of Evanovich will appreciate the humor of this short set of three stories.

• Closer to the Edge (Playing with Fire, #4)
  • Frenemies (Girl Next Door, #2)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Winning Appeal (Lawyers in Love, #4)
  • Avoiding Amy Jackson (Infamous, #2)
  • Vengeance Aside (Wanted Men (Prequel))
  • Wanderlust (Modern Love Story, #3)
  • Fire in the Hole (Gynazule, #2)
  • A Beautiful Distraction (Hard Feelings, #3)
  • Three of a Kind (Wallflowers Series #1)
  • Sweet Seduction Shield (Sweet Seduction, #5)
  • Total D*ck (Bad Bitch, #3)
  • A is for Alpha Male (A is for Alpha Male #1)
  • The Chronicles of Moxie
  • Combust
Tara Sivec is a USA Today best-selling author, wife, mother, chauffeur, maid, short-order cook, baby-sitter, and sarcasm expert. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two children and looks forward to the day when all three of them become adults and move out.

After working in the brokerage business for fourteen years, Tara decided to pick up a pen and write instead of shoving it in her eye out of

Fool Me Once (3 books)
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
“Will you stop calling it ‘stalking’? That’s such a harsh term. I prefer ‘anonymous following.” 10 likes
“out on a limb to help me and I don’t” 0 likes