Start by marking “The Innkeeper of Bethlehem–The Story of Santa Claus” as Want to Read:
The Innkeeper of Bethlehem–The Story of Santa Claus

The Innkeeper of Bethlehem–The Story of Santa Claus

A Christmas book for children, families, and anyone who has ever wondered how Santa Claus came to be. This book will permit you and your family to enjoy Santa Claus and the other secular customs of Christmas within the Christian celebration of Jesus’s birth. For little children, Santa Claus becomes a real person delivering presents to them from Jesus. Each Christmas season ...more
Published September 28th 2013

Be the first to ask a question about The Innkeeper of Bethlehem–The Story of Santa Claus

Louise
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Story Description:
eBook ISBN: 978-0-9860573-0-4

Ever wondered how Santa Claus came to be? This book will permit you and your family to enjoy Santa Claus and the other secular customs of Christmas within the Christian celebration of Jesus’s birth. For little children, Santa Claus becomes a real person delivering presents to them from Jesus. Each Christmas season, reading a chapter a night will become a holiday tradition for the entire family.

The tale begins with Shai and Adi, the childless owners
Iola
Jan 26, 2015 rated it did not like it
The Innkeeper of Bethlehem is described as “the true story of Santa Claus”, a story you will share with your family and create a new holiday tradition.

Uh, no.

First, Jesus is shown to be disobedient as a child. That contradicts the Bible, which makes clear Jesus was without sin. It mixes historical fact with supposition and plain fiction. For example, the book has the innkeeper’s wife helping Mary as she gave birth to Jesus—it’s possible, although we don’t even know from the biblical account if
Sandra Stiles
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When I was a child my mom would sit us down each night for a Bible story. This was our devotional time. It was important to her that we learn the importance of hearing and telling the stories at a young age. This book would be great for parents who want to continue sharing stories nightly with their children. This is a wonderful way to bring Santa Claus into the Christmas story.

The story starts off with a visit from an aunt, uncle and cousin from Jerusalem to their relatives in the United State
Kathryn Svendsen
Oct 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
This was an interesting story that attempts to bring together the traditional Christian Christmas story with the secular Christmas tradition of Santa Claus. As a story I think it would be interesting to children under the age of 10. As the book is novel-length, it would have to be read to them.

The book seemed to have two parts; part one was the story of Jesus, which unlike traditional Christmas stories of Jesus told his whole life story from birth to death to resurrection. I particularly liked t
Al
Nov 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, read-2014
This book is designed to be read a chapter each night starting on December 6th and finishing on Christmas Eve. Although you can certainly read it alone and don’t have to spread it out in the lead up to Christmas, it is especially suited for a parent or older child to read it aloud for younger children. The sentences tend to be short (ideal for not running out of breath reading aloud), but it uses some words that wouldn’t be in the reading vocabulary of younger children.

There are two story arcs,
LORI CASWELL
Dec 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
From Author: A Christmas book for children, families, and anyone who has ever wondered how Santa Claus came to be. This book will permit you and your family to enjoy Santa Claus and the other secular customs of Christmas within the Christian celebration of Jesus’s birth. For little children, Santa Claus becomes a real person delivering presents to them from Jesus. Each Christmas season, reading a chapter a night will become a holiday tradition for the entire family.

The book is a story within a s
Paige
Jan 11, 2014 rated it liked it
I wasn't sure what to think about this book when Mr. Roloff first contacted me. It was an interesting idea, to say the least. Combining both our Christian version of how Christmas came to be with the story of Santa Claus. Although the story was for the most part quite well written, I just couldn't bring myself to love it. It was, however, a good story overall.

There were a few little things that bugged me and kept me from loving it, one of which being that the Bible says that Jesus(even as a chil
Janice Spina
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Innkeeper of Bethlehem-The Story of Santa Claus tells the story of the birth of Christ but in a new and different way. The author created a story including new characters in the life of Christ in the form of an aunt and uncle who provided a room for the Christ Child. The story is told through an uncle visiting his young niece just before Christmas to help her understand the real meaning of Christmas - giving unselfishly to others.

The author also extends the story to include Santa Claus in a
Wanda
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. I like this book for several reasons. First it is a great way to keep Christ in Christmas and yet reach out to young children who have a strong belief in Santa Claus without telling the story of Christ in a way that is over their heads. I also like that it was set up to be read a chapter a night from December 5, St. Nicholas Day, through Christmas Eve so as to keep a young child's attention and help them count down to Christmas. The story is ...more
Lauren Monsey Nagel
I thought that this was a very cleverly written story. The writer has taken basic stories about Jesus birth and embellished them to create this thoughtful Christmas tale. Quite the colorful story teller, Scott Roloff has spun a delightful story that can be read out loud to small children or older children at this time of year and it will create wonder. There will be intent listening as questions will arise from time to time as this story becomes more questionable as each page turns. I'm glad I r ...more
Nurture Waratah
I really enjoyed this cute tale about the origins of Santa Claus. I always like to see authors humanizing the dry and dusty Bible characters, and Roloff does this particularly well. I found myself emotionally invested in the situations and personalities portrayed in this book. The Innkeeper of Bethlehem is perfect for Christians searching for a way to include Santa in their Christmas without detracting from the spiritual aspect of the holiday. Even non-religious folk, however, can relate to the ...more
Rachelle
The Innkeeper of Bethlehem is a middle grade book that combines the Christian origins of Christmas and the secular Santa Claus portion. It was interesting to see how author Scott Roloff tied the two aspects of this holiday together.
This book is designed to be read every evening beginning on St. Nicholas Day (December 6th) through Christmas Eve, and though it is at a level for independent readers, it's a book that the whole family can enjoy together and perhaps even turn into a yearly tradition.

I
Lisa
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: book-reviews
* Received a complimentary copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I thought the author wrote a creative book blending Jesus's birth with that of the origin of Santa Claus. The story within a story was paced well and flowed nicely. I also thought it was nice how the innkeeper's roles were expanded. I thought, however, the execution was a little awkward but I think this would be an enjoyable book for young children.
Kim
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved the story and look forward to reading it to my children in December. The way it is set up to read a little everyday leading up to Christmas makes it easier for young children. Some of the concepts and wording may be a little beyond really young ones but once it gets to the Santa Claus and angels part I think they will be quite intrigued.

I received this book for review from the Author through LibraryThing giveaway
April
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
If you have ever thought about a way to bring Santa Clause to life using the good book(The Bible) this author has actually done it and truly made it fun to read. Even at my age it was yes, FUN! So different from any other story i have yet to read about the Santa and Mrs. Clause. Way to go Scott you truly did it!!
Debbie
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book very much. It is well written and easy to read. I especially like the way it is meant to be read by reading a chapter a day. A great way to teach little ones about Jesus without it being hard for them to understand. I highly recommend this book for all ages. A very unique read.
Janice Noonan
rated it did not like it
Dec 27, 2013
Hansel D Costa
Dec 05, 2015
Scott Roloff
Oct 12, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Sandra "Jeanz"
Nov 02, 2014
Mark Hamer
Nov 18, 2014
Scott Roloff is the author of the Christmas book The Innkeeper of Bethlehem-The Story of Santa Claus, the novel Dreams at Dusk and Short Stories for the Hopeful and the Weary. He is a lawyer and a CPA, having received his accounting degree from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, his MBA from the University of Texas at Arlington, and his law degree from Southern Methodist University. Scott liv ...more